PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only person having fun playing this game?

znork
08-24-2013, 04:04 PM
I have lost so touche withe gameing that im the only person who loves this game?

You dont have to be online to play yes you see the uplay logo blink. And then you get to play the game the good old style. There are som grate jokes in the game, the homage to the old games are brilant. Im feeling like im 12 years old again playing might and maigc.

I have liked games before but ubi dooing a old school game for the old fans how cool is that?

I cant wait to play the full game now. Its realy anoying im going to have to wait.

So if you like me enjoyed playing the game say it give the dev team the boost the deserv.
s

Annatar2013
08-24-2013, 04:17 PM
No, you are not alone. The game is exellent tribute to MM 3-5

But if this game was in Old Universe, i would be happier. There was a more complex world. Ashan is a flat fantasy, 10500 worlds of books and games like that.

Masterluck86
08-24-2013, 04:21 PM
No, why, should you? It is a great game so far, Full of bugs, but that is normal for beta, so it is okay. Looking forward to the first patch and the modding kit. :)

outerfox
08-24-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm having extreme amounts of fun when I go to play. It's making me feel like I did when I used to plop down in front of the Commodore 64 and load up M&M 2. Getting engrossed in the game! Or when I would turn on M&M 6 and play for hours upon hours trying to go through Dragonsand, killing dragons to get artifacts and relics to drop from their bodies! :) If the game is this fun now, I can't wait until further down the line as the game improves upon reaching release!

Beastman666m
08-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Count me, too.

znork
08-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Tnx guys i dont feel lonly anymore!!

HorrorScopeX
08-24-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm liking it, that said it has lot of polish ahead of it. Will give my 2 when done. I think there are a couple of big hitters that can be tweaked to make is shine.

Kade Goldha
08-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Definitely enjoying it. There's a few bugs and tweaks to be made but that's the whole point of the pre-release, to shake some of that out and get feedback (I intend to post detailed feedback, pro and con, after I collect my thoughts). Absolutely fun though, hard for me to put down in fact! I am very much looking forward to the full game too!

xfysxbowtie
08-24-2013, 07:31 PM
I am enjoying it so far and will enjoy it when even more content is released. we are together in this

samsenggwy
08-24-2013, 08:09 PM
You're not alone. We selflessly pay for a pre-alpha game just to help improve it.
For the Might & Magic future and fans of it.

GigaFather
08-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Despite having to play around the issues in current build it's pretty fun, especially when you start to find out what works well. On my second playthrough testing different things at the moment and taking more time looking for secrets and whanot.

I was mostly suprised by some of the homages, like a book by Lord Caneghem (Jon Van Caneghem was the guy who launched New World Computing and started the whole M&M series) and in the book was story about portal between places (much like what they use at the series, like MM7 good ending). Soprigal-by-the-sea is the starting town (New Soprigal is the starting town of MM6), Maximus being the general quest giver and keeping up the security at the first town (Hero in some of the Heroes games and I think player character in olde M&M) and so on.

I hope our input and testing will help the final product overcome its problems and become a true successor to the series and possibly ensure that it will keep on living and getting new games.

WarBaby2
08-24-2013, 11:40 PM
I hope our input and testing will help the final product overcome its problems and become a true successor to the series and possibly ensure that it will keep on living and getting new games.

This!

I quite enjoy the game already, but when some stuff is ironed out (day/night cycle, movement smoothness, etc.) I think it will be even more enjoyable... the potential is there.

Kalthean
08-25-2013, 03:23 AM
I'm sure I would have a blast but I want the full game... so far resisted the temptation of buying the preorder as I sure as hell will buy it on day one launch.

sage2791
08-25-2013, 06:14 AM
I am having a great time. Wish I had more time to play.

Aeon1977
08-25-2013, 11:21 AM
I had lots of fun, too. A bit of worries about some bugs and issues, but when poroperly fixed, I think itīs going to be an awesome resurrection of a genre long lost.

CDRSeadog1
08-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I would have to concur with the general consensus of this thread - M&MX is enjoyable playing, albeit the numerous bugs that are atypical of an alpha release.

If done right, the developers have the potential, with fan support & feedback, to make a truly outstanding contribution to the legacy of a gaming legend.

VormulacUnsleep
08-25-2013, 02:34 PM
I have lost so touche withe gameing that im the only person who loves this game?

You dont have to be online to play yes you see the uplay logo blink. And then you get to play the game the good old style. There are som grate jokes in the game, the homage to the old games are brilant. Im feeling like im 12 years old again playing might and maigc.

I have liked games before but ubi dooing a old school game for the old fans how cool is that?

I cant wait to play the full game now. Its realy anoying im going to have to wait.

So if you like me enjoyed playing the game say it give the dev team the boost the deserv.
s

Nope, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself (other than bugs, but it's an alpha so bugs are expected).

But if this game was in Old Universe, i would be happier. There was a more complex world. Ashan is a flat fantasy, 10500 worlds of books and games like that.

Same here, I miss the weird sci-fi/fantasy mix.

ninheve
08-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Definitely enjoying it , I found the fun I had a while back playing to the old ones (such as world of Xeen) in the gameplay. I know this is a beta kind of version , even with this unfinished product I have fun

DefianceUK
08-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I haven't stopped grinning since I found out about it.

kochanski
08-26-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm slightly hopeful having played for a week that we may have to wait (some more) for full release, but are headed in the right direction at least

Yaay, keep up the good work Devs, and keep your ears open too please

LordGraa
08-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Despite the problem with no DVD verion for my country I am slowly falling in love with this incarnation of MaM game :p

And I am looking forward to see some nice maps (when they release modding tool) from the community ;)

Masterluck86
08-26-2013, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=l
And I am looking forward to see some nice maps (when they release modding tool) from the community ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like to see remakes of MM1-5 in the graphics of MMX. :)

r4ms412
08-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I had a blast with this game :)

I'm a huge fan of Dungeon Crawler and turn based fighting system. Back in the golden days I played tons of these games like Bard's Tale, Wizardry, Dungeon Master or the MM 3-5 .

I dunno why so many ppl complaining about the grid system. Everyone knew this game is based on a grid system and if they change the pace you're moving on these tiles there is nothing much to complain about, in my eyes. Also I like the fact that the fights are taking a little bit of time and it seems that it takes different strategies to take out mobs. As a fan of Wizardry 7 and 8 where a single battle could take 1 h + im having no problem with battles which take a little bit longer ;)

The moving speed in cities however should be raised big time. It's a torture to make a shopping tour and return to a dungeon because it takes so long.

Well as I said , I had fun with the game and giving that the bugs being fixed I'm looking forward to play the game and the mods :)

zerak86
08-26-2013, 01:28 PM
I had fun playing it, but some bugs greatly lowered the feeling. Still, its only in alpha stage so my hopes are set quite high.
Like many of you here im an old fan of M&M series, and that we got a working copy of M&M6 was really cool!

Shadowcran
08-26-2013, 03:18 PM

s

No, you are not alone. I'm having fun and the bugs were expected.

We've got idiots in steam Forums screaming "Don't buy this game", then cite the bugs. Most of us have blasted these fools. Geez, what part of beta do they not understand? Old school fans NEEDED this and these type of games and other types of Turn based strategy are making a comeback and yet morons want there to be another one of the 6 million identical shooters to come out. Tell the naysayers to go play "Tom Clancy's Halo Mission Call of whatever duty # 6,239" and leave the thinking games to us. (yes, I do know their real names)

Bercikmn
08-26-2013, 03:47 PM
MMX right now is really good game. In the future it can be even better. I have really much fun playing it.

znork
08-26-2013, 07:42 PM
ah the love you know! that the devs read this thread they need lees sunlight wiche means they can work harder.

Petesalzl
08-26-2013, 07:46 PM
There are dozens of us. DOZENS!

Valtaya
08-26-2013, 09:55 PM
love it
created my "limited" party and made a few steps through the starting village and already felt home.
of course the game need a lot of polishing (like timescale ^^) but thats normal at this early stage, cant wait for full release

ballermanns
08-30-2013, 09:13 PM
classic concept indeed lovely

deadlybunny
08-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Nope. I'm also having a lot of fun. However, I'm still waiting the first patch to finish "Early access"

SadFerret
08-31-2013, 12:24 PM
I haven't sunk my teeth very deeply into the early access version because I want the game to still be fresh once I get the release version. But from the little I have played, yes, I've enjoyed it. I very, very rarely pre-order anything and this is the first Uplay game I've bough, but no regrets here. It has the Might and Magic feel to it, even though they can't spell the name correctly. :-p

sirboss
08-31-2013, 09:39 PM
might be nice to have fun if I could attack?

Savatage79
08-31-2013, 10:50 PM
might be nice to have fun if I could attack?

Relax, its just a small bug that will drop the hotkey options out of the box. If it happens, just during your players turn open up the skill menu and grab the attack command or whatever command you need into the hotkey bar.

Savatage79
08-31-2013, 10:51 PM
I haven't sunk my teeth very deeply into the early access version because I want the game to still be fresh once I get the release version. But from the little I have played, yes, I've enjoyed it. I very, very rarely pre-order anything and this is the first Uplay game I've bough, but no regrets here. It has the Might and Magic feel to it, even though they can't spell the name correctly. :-p

I haven't kept up with actually all the info, but have they given a small timeline on the final release? I am chompin at the bit, I am loving the game but im the same...I want to simply have the full game to dive into once its finished.

Im a happy gamer these days, between seeing this genre come back to life, seeing classic point and clicks coming back full force, its been incredibly fun.

dafunkjoker
08-31-2013, 10:55 PM
I really love this game too!
The only real disadvantage is really the new mainstream fantasy universe but:
1. it is mainstream but it contains really good ideas
2. I think the game will still be a lot of fun even with this mainstream universe
3. The editor will give us the possibility to continue the old and real history ;)

BregorIronhand
08-31-2013, 11:43 PM
No you are not the only person who loves this game. I think its great. You have to allow for the fact that this dev forum is commenting on a game still in Alpha. As such many of the comments are directed at bugs people are encountering on one hand and their opinion of certain features that the developers are introducing into the game. Sometimes the comments may come across in a negative fashion, but people who bother to express their opinions are actually concerned with the game.

Good job development team, keep it up.

acousticamor
09-01-2013, 06:21 AM
I am glad to see companies bringing back old style rpgs and games. Things are too simplified nowadays and its about time we get something like this. I look forward to see how the game turns out and glad to take part in it's development.

Herator
09-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Might and Magic 6-9 wasn't grid based. Turn-based was optional. And even MM9 wasn't so much imbalanced and bugged.

SadFerret
09-02-2013, 08:20 AM
What made me so excited about this game is that it feels like a real MM game. When I first heard there was going to be a new MM, I didn't really let myself be excited because I fully expected it to be an RPG that's MM in name only. I think I squealed aloud when I saw the first gameplay bits in the trailer. Turn-based? A grid?! I must be having a very good dream! :)

I'm very much a sceptic with hype. I don't do pre-orders! But I have full confidence on this team. I think MM is in good hands. The game is shaping up very nicely. Whenever the finished game is released (and I do hope they'll getn the time to finish it proper) I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of good times with MMX!

Nelsonammo
09-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't get all the complaning. All the people that are playing the game are basically playing a beta version. Of course there will be bugs, imbalances, things that need work, etc. Which is exactly the reason why I'd rather wait to play the full version than a half baked version right now.

Annatar2013
09-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Might and Magic 6-9 wasn't grid based. Turn-based was optional. And even MM9 wasn't so much imbalanced and bugged.
And Might and Magic 1-5 was grid based. And this is a Legacy of this games.

TripSin.
09-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't get all the complaning. All the people that are playing the game are basically playing a beta version. Of course there will be bugs, imbalances, things that need work, etc. Which is exactly the reason why I'd rather wait to play the full version than a half baked version right now.

You overestimate human reasoning and intelligence my friend :)

willrobb25
09-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I had a blast playing, went through twice. I'll go again after the patch!

zenyrrah
09-04-2013, 08:04 AM
What made me so excited about this game is that it feels like a real MM game. When I first heard there was going to be a new MM, I didn't really let myself be excited because I fully expected it to be an RPG that's MM in name only. I think I squealed aloud when I saw the first gameplay bits in the trailer. Turn-based? A grid?! I must be having a very good dream! :)

I'm very much a sceptic with hype. I don't do pre-orders! But I have full confidence on this team. I think MM is in good hands. The game is shaping up very nicely. Whenever the finished game is released (and I do hope they'll getn the time to finish it proper) I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of good times with MMX!

and it may be a nice timefiller while we wait on the real thing named: Grimoire ;)

LE-Larissa
09-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your kind words and znork (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/258636-znork), thanks so much for opening up this topic!

Indeed it's lovely to also see that players enjoy our Early Access. Yesterday I did a small compilation of positive feeback before going on my holiday (starting tomorrow) and - wow - the dev team members and also team members from Ubisoft came to me and were so thankful as they said "it gave them a real motivating push". So thank you all so much!

Please find the compilation (https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/thanks-so-much-for-your-previews-positive-feedback) as well as some interesting previews of the Early Access (before the unofficial patch (https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/unofficial-patch-available-now)) on our blog (https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/thanks-so-much-for-your-previews-positive-feedback).

Best,
Anna (LE-Larissa)

SadFerret
09-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Have a good holiday, Anna!

It's good to hear the team got the positive feedback. If an early access is released with a plea to report any problems, the feedback has to get overwhelmingly negative.

blonnie
09-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Good Game as bugs get fixed heading to be great game

mrvie
09-05-2013, 08:15 PM
I am glad that they decided to include some old sound effects to the game. Now i have only played a little bit ( since i am working alot ), i hope they may have included the original soundtrack of MM6 ( even though i doubt that )

Shadowcran
09-06-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm still having a ball playing it.

There is one question I'd like answered though. Just how much "more' content will be available when game is completed. I love spending hundreds and hundreds of hours on a game as that always makes me feel I got my money's worth.

kochanski
09-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Well my post patch experience has been excellent, well done dev's, i STILL love this game

yes, there are problems still, but I've avoided identification and no glitches yet! yaay

playing with spell combo's is much easier this time around, and the movement...

well, you move! that's great Thanks

aluinie
09-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Enjoying this game as well. I thank the guys producing the game to going back to a tile based rpg. The game for me has a lot of charm and there is a lot to explore. I never thought i would see another might and magic game after number 9 but i am so happy to see number 10.
A lot of new games feel so dumbed down including rpg's that going back to the old ways for this game is a pleasing as old style rpg's are what i love and now with a number of them being funded by kickstarter these classic style games are coming back hopefully better than ever.

One last thing a special thanks for the games music it is nice to listen to and sets the tione of the game well.

xecivern
09-07-2013, 07:42 PM
You're not alone. We selflessly pay for a pre-alpha game just to help improve it.
For the Might & Magic future and fans of it.

I really enjoy playing the game as well. The only issue I have is that I prefer the old style where the game was in real time until you hit the enter button, allowing you to switch between real time play and turn based play whenever you want. Other than that, I think its a great game and cant wait to play the full version.

Xecivern

LegacyForTheWin
09-17-2013, 06:30 PM
The only issue I have is that I prefer the old style where the game was in real time until you hit the enter button, allowing you to switch between real time play and turn based play whenever you want.
Xecivern

Well, thats not the old, but the new style starting with MM6. As you probably know this game is designed to resemble MM4&5.