PDA

View Full Version : Bombing Options

Fillmore
03-01-2004, 03:48 AM
My particular pet peeve is with the He111H6 dropping all 4xSC500 at once with the bombight automation, instead of 2 at a time, but in general is it possible/realistic to have more options in how the bombs are dropped? Like with FW190F8 I would like to have the option to drop centerline bomb before wing bombs (assuming this was possible).

Fillmore
03-01-2004, 03:48 AM
My particular pet peeve is with the He111H6 dropping all 4xSC500 at once with the bombight automation, instead of 2 at a time, but in general is it possible/realistic to have more options in how the bombs are dropped? Like with FW190F8 I would like to have the option to drop centerline bomb before wing bombs (assuming this was possible).

Fillmore
03-01-2004, 04:31 AM
Oh, and another thing, is it realistic/possible to have a slight delay between multiple bombs dropped together? For example when I drop 2xSC50, one from each wing, could we have a slight delay between them so they don't hit in exactly the same spot (this is more important when pairs of SC500s are dropped). Or maybe just more dispersion (seems like they converge as they fall, so they hit the ground closer together than when they were on the wings).

KG26_Alpha
03-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Hi
In bombsite automation all the payload is dropped, but you can select pairs of bombs in the bombsite using manual drop technique, using the TAS chart on disk 2 and a bit of experimenting with the altitude you will soon find the release point for the bombsite angle, ie: Alt 5000m TAS 390 Angle 38' approx.
The problem is being very accurate with such a small payload He111 H6, He111 H2 works ok with this system but has poor payload, unless the target area is pre-loaded with fuel trucks very litle damage is done.

Check the bombsite help at our site.

http://www.freewebs.com/kg26/