PDA

View Full Version : Are civilians killable?

xmonke
08-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Now that the main character is a pirate and doesn't necessarily have any morals against killing people, are we able to assassinate civilian NPC's? I know this might sound cruel to want this ability back into the game, but it really does add replayability to the game with a layer of imagination. I always thought taking that feature out was backed with good intention, but ultimately a bad decision.

AherasSTRG
08-24-2013, 12:35 AM
They have been critisised in the past for that feature and therefore I find it difficult for it to return. Also, it is better if you post general threads on the console forums, since they are visited by more people.

YazX_
08-26-2013, 10:40 AM
the reason they removed it is because of the crappy focus system, in earlier ACs (as far as i remember AC1 didnt allow killing more than one target), you go targeting two highlighted guards and you kill civilians instead, lots of players complained about it and the way they fixed it in AC3 is by making civilians untouchable. some would say they have been criticized for enabling this, but almost in all games you kill civilians and everything you see especially in FPS, so this has nothing to do with why they removed it.

But technically speaking, this should be brought back as its a core game mechanics and adds realism to the game itself and they could do an easier and better fix by giving the player the ability to mark multiple targets instead of relying on your camera to highlight them.

Anykeyer
08-27-2013, 05:55 AM
You can kill civilians (and domestic animals) in AC3, you just have to focus on them. Only kids are unkillable. AC4 will probably use the same approach