PDA

View Full Version : No halt attack thru portals/ruins

aesuarez
08-23-2013, 04:22 PM
What about addressing the fact that its possible to have a no halt attack thru portals? Isn't this an exploit if you are able to have a no halt attack thru the portal/ruins? Obviously the person in question knows about this because he and his team have attacked other alliances grails without the ability to halt. Its also obvious he knows this based on the size of the attack.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4482/3ygj.png

MartyAmodeo
08-23-2013, 07:40 PM
This is badly broken, and no doubt caused by some yellow skill combination and battle cry stacking, which I specifically asked the devs about when these abominations first appeared. I was told that it wasn't possible, yet here we are. Attacking with no halt allows him to send a pure attacker with no defense points and puts him at a huge advantage (which was purchased).

If you'll look at the map there is no single square in that entire area that isn't under the target alliance's control. So even the halt reset through other alliance territory doesn't apply here.

AndreanDW
08-23-2013, 08:05 PM
I call them cheater
and I hope at our server are fair players and not cheater

(and the developer which said that intruder and battle cry do not stack, and that it is impossible to attack a grail through a portal without halt - I call them LIARS ! )

Lion-O1955
08-23-2013, 08:52 PM
What about addressing the fact that its possible to have a no halt attack thru portals? Isn't this an exploit if you are able to have a no halt attack thru the portal/ruins? Obviously the person in question knows about this because he and his team have attacked other alliances grails without the ability to halt. Its also obvious he knows this based on the size of the attack.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4482/3ygj.png
I have checked with Support, who asked the Dev team & everything I did was within game parameters. If this person would check things out better, the rules state that you get points from a successful grail defense, not from attacking a halt. You get no points from turning back a halt. Also, this person only shows the last message above (U mad bro? It's only a game), where there were several correspondences between dLow & myself, this puts it out of context. I suggest that next time you attack someone's character, you know what you're talking about.

Thanx, Panthro

LordBadFish
08-23-2013, 09:05 PM
It's funny how dLow never had a problem with this when his old alliance used it at least 4-5 times on the very same server, including several attempts against us. But all of a sudden, it's an exploit when it happens to him. Not to mention we were the ones who were fair enough to wait for the Devs to confirm it was LEGIT (which took 2-3 weeks) before using it. QQ much?

aesuarez
08-23-2013, 09:34 PM
I have checked with Support, who asked the Dev team & everything I did was within game parameters. If this person would check things out better, the rules state that you get points from a successful grail defense, not from attacking a halt. You get no points from turning back a halt. Also, this person only shows the last message above (U mad bro? It's only a game), where there were several correspondences between dLow & myself, this puts it out of context. I suggest that next time you attack someone's character, you know what you're talking about.

Thanx, Panthro

Thats funny you say that because thats not what you said when I asked you directly. Here is your response:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8862/5rse.png

aesuarez
08-23-2013, 09:43 PM
It's funny how dLow never had a problem with this when his old alliance used it at least 4-5 times on the very same server, including several attempts against us. But all of a sudden, it's an exploit when it happens to him. Not to mention we were the ones who were fair enough to wait for the Devs to confirm it was LEGIT (which took 2-3 weeks) before using it. QQ much?

You do realize that I left the alliance a very long time ago? I don't think i was even in the alliance when you guys got attacked so i dont see how you can associate me to an alliance at the time you got attacked.

MartyAmodeo
08-23-2013, 10:06 PM
If this person would check things out better, the rules state that you get points from a successful grail defense, not from attacking a halt. You get no points from turning back a halt.

You also get points for holding your grail for a period of time, which was the bigger concern in this case. I think this alliance was relying on other players around this grail hitting the halt to keep it, since the grail holder wasn't online enough the previous day to move his army in. Granted, he should have done that or had a co-manager do that for him. But it's not entirely unreasonable for the alliance to be able to say "We'll just have someone else hit the halt and take care of it that way." Their ability to do that should not have been a poor assumption on their part.

aesuarez
08-23-2013, 11:18 PM
.. If this person would check things out better, the rules state that you get points from a successful grail defense, not from attacking a halt. You get no points from turning back a halt...

I think you should get your facts straight Panthro: Straight from Dev Journal 24:

Points can be earned in this ranking:
- by retaining a Grail as long as possible: each day that passes with the Grail constructed earns 2,000 points.
- by destroying other alliances’ Grails: each Grail destroyed earns 10,000 points.
- by still having a Grail standing at the end of a round: a Grail still standing at the end of a round earns 2,000 points.

And from Dev Journal 31:
When a Grail building is built, a ruin will appear 8 squares away from the Grail city. This will serve as a halt before arriving at the city.
- Espionage reports from these halts will automatically be sent to all defending alliances.

And i remember a UBI person mention that BC and Infiltrator wouldnt stack when used thru a portal although i can not find the comment about it.

Lion-O1955
08-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Thats funny you say that because thats not what you said when I asked you directly. Here is your response:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8862/5rse.png

I was waiting for an answer to my question, I took a chance & launched b4 I was answered. I see from LordBadFish that u tried this with him. Therefore you were t5rying to get intel from me. Maybe next time vI should tell you in advance, what I'm sending & possibly how to beat me. I don't know what your problem is with me (& really don't care), but please refrain from attacks on my character.
Panthro

LordBadFish
08-23-2013, 11:50 PM
The scrub
A scrub is a player who is handicapped by an intricate construct of fictitious self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about; he has his own “Code of Honor”. The scrub usually takes the imagined moral high ground by sticking to his Code of Honor. He let his made-up set of personal rules tell him which moves he can and cannot do. Of course, the rules of the game itself already dictate which moves a player can and cannot make, so his Code is superfluous and utterly counterproductive. Still, whenever he loses, the scrub will complain that you have broken his Code of Honor. He will almost always assume the entire world agrees on his Code and that only the vilest outcasts would ever break his rules. It can be difficult to even reason with the kind of religious fervor some scrubs have toward their Code.

Bad news for you. You are a scrub.

Lion-O1955
08-23-2013, 11:52 PM
I think you should get your facts straight Panthro: Straight from Dev Journal 24:

Points can be earned in this ranking:
- by retaining a Grail as long as possible: each day that passes with the Grail constructed earns 2,000 points.
- by destroying other alliances’ Grails: each Grail destroyed earns 10,000 points.
- by still having a Grail standing at the end of a round: a Grail still standing at the end of a round earns 2,000 points.

And from Dev Journal 31:
When a Grail building is built, a ruin will appear 8 squares away from the Grail city. This will serve as a halt before arriving at the city.
- Espionage reports from these halts will automatically be sent to all defending alliances.

And i remember a UBI person mention that BC and Infiltrator wouldnt stack when used thru a portal although i can not find the comment about it.
These are the things I was refering to when dLow asked me the 1st time. That's why I wrote a ticket for confirmation of infiltrator skills.

MartyAmodeo
08-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Maybe next time vI should tell you in advance, what I'm sending & possibly how to beat me.

No need. It's quite obviou$.

:D

AndreanDW
08-24-2013, 12:51 AM
'what I'm sending' - legendary sh1t
'how to beat me' - with other legendary sh1t

right?

The aim of the developer is to make rules that seem to be fair for everyone, and that the most skilled player wins
On the other side they include things that break these rules when paying lots of money - and that only can be contered with even more money

The problem is that there are players that give the money because they are not skilled enough to win with skill
It's like paying for cheating

aesuarez
08-24-2013, 01:04 AM
..I see from LordBadFish that u tried this with him..

I dont know why you keep saying things that are untrue about me. i've never contacted BadFish ever. The reason i contacted you was because the timing seemed strange to me like i explained in my email to you. If you would have just answered truthfully then i wouldnt have gathered my army and wasted gold due to maintenance although i still would have submitted a ticked and posted in the forum because i still think its an exploit given the fact that they mentioned that BC and infiltrator dont stack when using portal/ruins.

LordBadFish
08-24-2013, 01:16 AM
And why would your enemy want to make you save gold? Derp derp

snrlryano
08-26-2013, 08:09 AM
If the devs want this as part of the game play, then I guess it will be part of the game play. But the real objection I have to this is in regards to the luck aspect vs skill aspect. Not all ruins are within 7.5 tiles of the grail. So not every ruin will allow a player to be successful in attempting this. It takes luck to happen to exit a ruin that will allow this to happen. And that is an aspect that is simply bad for the game.

AndreanDW
08-26-2013, 12:51 PM
the stupid ubisoft staff don't want to do his job - they don't change the no-halt-problem for grail attacks (answer on a ticket: with battle cry and infiltrator you can attack the grail without halt)
another stupid decision to sell more seal-items and destroy the fun for skilled and fair players!

By the way, the wiki says that only alliances with rank 4 or more can built grails; but it is possible to build grails for weaker alliances too; hoping you are lucky and have weak alliances around, with grails as a gift

Paul_Rotterdam
08-27-2013, 11:04 AM
I loved the scrub comment, but we are all scrubbers, only some of us are more scrubbers than others.

BonesOfRuin
09-01-2013, 10:47 AM
"U mad bro? It's just a game :-)", LoL. im sorry, but i had to laugh at that~! Ahahahaha! :D