This was retweeted by the Watch_Dogs twitter

ACfan443
08-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Holy hell, what is this??

The official watch dogs twitter page posted about it too
http://i.imgur.com/177vxpV.jpg

pacmanate
08-23-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't get it, this isn't official... this is fan made.

adventurewomen
08-23-2013, 03:50 PM
What bold statement to make..

ACfan443
08-23-2013, 03:52 PM
I don't get it, this isn't official... this is fan made.

I thought the guy was a watch dogs dev or something :/
Excitement destroyed

pacmanate
08-23-2013, 03:52 PM
... to OP and ACFan. Just because they retweet it, it doesnt mean its official. They obviously just thought it was cool.

It has been confirmed that Watch_Dogs is its own universe.

Jexx21
08-23-2013, 03:55 PM
You mean it's own story, not it's own Universe.

I believe that AC, WD, and FC3 all exist in the same "universe" but that their stories don't inter-twine at all.

pacmanate
08-23-2013, 03:58 PM

I believe that AC, WD, and FC3 all exist in the same "universe" but that their stories don't inter-twine at all.

Swear I read own universe somewhere. I will try and find it later.

TheHumanTowel
08-23-2013, 04:00 PM

Given the scope and breath of AC's storyline it would be unbelievable other games could exist in that universe and not encounter elements of it at all. They're just small references to other games made by the same company. They don't exist in the same universe.

GunnarGunderson
08-23-2013, 04:01 PM
... to OP and ACFan. Just because they retweet it, it doesnt mean its official. They obviously just thought it was cool.

It has been confirmed that Watch_Dogs is its own universe.

I recall someone talking about a "Ubiverse"

Jexx21
08-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Given the scope and breath of AC's storyline it would be unbelievable other games could exist in that universe and not encounter elements of it at all. They're just small references to other games made by the same company. They don't exist in the same universe.

Well yes. I believe that Tataus in Far Cry 3 are a result of TWCB stuff.

But I believe that they do exist in the same universe, and it doesn't matter if you do or not because Ubisoft leaves it open for the fans to decide for themselves.

For you, they're not in the same universe, but for me, they are, considering the easter eggs that are in Far Cry 3 and the easter eggs that are supposed to be in both Black Flag and Watch_Dogs that reference each other.

You can say easter-eggs aren't canon, but I don't believe that.

Coltillion
08-23-2013, 04:16 PM
This thread is pointless.

Hans684
08-23-2013, 06:05 PM

"Ubiverse" is it you are talking about, anyway this "word" was created by Darby. AC, W_D, FC have the same concept but it is all its going to a concept only connected by the use of Easter eggs and EG does not mean they are in the same Universe(Ubiverse) unless there is a direct link between each game.

In theory it is possible becouse the concepts of the games really simular but we only have EG's.

pacmanate
08-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I agree, needs a direct link to be same universe. I just see them as easter eggs seeing as its the same company

ACfan443
08-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't see them existing in the same universe simply because a universe has distinct characteristics/features which define it, AC universe being well known for TWCB, POEs - fantasy/sci fi elements, if you will. I don't see any of that existing in Watch Dogs or Far Cry. You may argue FC3 has fantasy elements but I only see those events as hallucinations because the character is forced to drink that trance inducing concoction.
The universes are linked however with the Easter eggs, but that's about it.

Jexx21
08-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Easter eggs are canon to me unless the directly contradict principles of the story.

And I have no idea why you won't let me have my fun. It's not like me thinking that they're in the same universe is going to change anything about the games.

So, I suggest we just stop talking about the matter. They're never going to officially declare it canon or non-canon because they want​ to leave it up to the player.

aerr0r
08-23-2013, 11:33 PM
How could that be? I wonder how the templars could fit in to the setting of Fc3? I haven't played it yet(only because my PC got stolen). I get how the big brother start of watchdogs fits into the whole masonic overlording environment of watch dogs but I don't see how far cry plays into it. It' would be a cool tho

GunnarGunderson
08-24-2013, 12:07 AM
How could that be? I wonder how the templars could fit in to the setting of Fc3? I haven't played it yet(only because my PC got stolen). I get how the big brother start of watchdogs fits into the whole masonic overlording environment of watch dogs but I don't see how far cry plays into it. It' would be a cool tho Who says they have to? What could the assassins or templars gain from holding influence over a tiny tropical island swarming with crazy pirates and crazier mercenaries? That disc thing you get for Buck was definitely reminiscent of the key from AC3

AC2_alex
08-24-2013, 12:13 AM
This thread is pointless.

Your mom's pointless

Jexx21
08-24-2013, 12:20 PM
How could that be? I wonder how the templars could fit in to the setting of Fc3? I haven't played it yet(only because my PC got stolen). I get how the big brother start of watchdogs fits into the whole masonic overlording environment of watch dogs but I don't see how far cry plays into it. It' would be a cool tho

Well, there was an Abstergo research facility on the island once, but during the time of the game it was abandoned.

The knife the whole game is about could possibly the PoE.

But I believe the thing that most connects the two series is the tataus and the special stuff that we have to drink and somehow we gain skills. I believe that the tataus and these concoctions are the same sort of things that Connor gets with the Red Willow Tea in The Tyranny of King Washington. I believe that both are related to the TWCB stuff, possibly the manna/ambrosia Shaun finds. Also, the apple shows alternate timelines, so what happened in ToKW is something that could have actually happened according to the apple's mechanics, however, it's beginning "separation point" was before the Grand Temple was built, seeing as the entrance isn't where it normally is in the game. I think it's below the Red Willow tree, personally. (other points of interest about ToKW: Haytham's an Assassin, it seems as if there is no actual Templar presence in ToKW, possibly due to the lack of evidence that the Grand Temple is there)