PDA

View Full Version : R My Feedback, Some bugs I've found (Kengi!?), What I like, and a Let's Play Link

birdoggydog
08-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey Devs,

Very happy to see a new, old school M&M game. I'm a big fan of the series, and it's great to get to revisit some of the old mechanics. I wanted to give you a few quick feedback.

1) Bugs:

So far I've run into a few bugs that I've not seen mentioned elsewhere

Kengi Can't Be Recruited - In the Inn In sorpigal there is a Goblin Chef that I really want to recruit - he's adorable and awesome. However whenever I try the game won't allow it to happen.
Canno't Use Ranged Weapons On Diagonals - I don't know if this is a bug, but it's a major issue for me. It's honestly the only thing about the game I have a serious complaint on. I have a bow. I can't shoot someone located Diagonallly from me. They Can't shoot me. That's insane.
Death On Reload - This has only happened once or twice so far, but saves sometimes became Death Screen quick keys. I (from having played dozens of RPGs in my time) am in the habit of Multiple Saves, so this wasn't really a big problem. For a lot of other people though who aren't as rigourous it's going to be a major issue.

2) General Feedback

I've taken two parties through the game thus far. I've not encountered any serious game ending bugs. Here's my feedback on this:

1) Mages Mana should start higher, but keep the same pace of growth. The free mages can get maybe 2 spells off at the start, and then I have to use potions and/or rest. There aren't that many potions. On my 2 Wizard, Barb, Defender party I was resting after every fight or two just to keep their mana up.
1a) I'm going to try and all mage party here, but I don't know that it's actually Viable in this game given it's current combat system. The inability to run from CERTAIN combats in particular is REALLY limiting for an all mage group.
2) Mana should Regen Naturally. If it comes back when I sleep, it should come back as I wander around.
3) Day/Night cycle too fast. This has been done to death, I'm not going to say anything else here.
4) Armor/Weapon durability is weird. There isn't any indication of what shape the gear is in, and I can't seem to repair things unless they are completely broken. It's annoying to have something break and have no ways to mitigate that.
5) Map markers - I'd like to place my own, I'm happy with the map otherwise.
6) Uplay is terrible. I get it, you guys are using it, but I just wanted to voice my hatred of this DRM. I don't want your social/meta game/whatever functions. I bought this off Steam. Steam is DRM. Steam Works Great! That said I'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying this game.

Class System:

1) I really like the system you guys have, BUT, I'm wondering where all the utility skills are? Here's the NON COMBAT ( I.E not magic/weapon/armor skill) skill from MM6:

Learning
Perception
Body Building
Identify Item
Merchant
Repair Item
Meditation
Diplomacy
Disarm Traps

A few of these have corolary skills in this game, but a lot of them are just gone. I like my skillz :cool:

What do I like?

1) Old sound assets. I love the nod you guys are giving to the old games here. I've heard atleast 3 "legacy" sound effects. Makes my heart purrr.
2) Grid Movement - unlike other's here I really love this grid system. It could be smoother outside of combat, but that's my only complaint.
3) Combat: Nice and tactical, and punishes you for making mistakes
4) Graphics - I think the game is pretty. It's not BEAUTIFUL, but we're in an Early Access Alpha state, so that's to be expected.
5) Leveling System - It's nice and natural.
6) UI - I stepped into the game and immediately knew how to do most things, and the few thigns I didn't understand I very quickly was able to figure out just by guessing what I would do/basing it off of other RPG's I've played. This was very nice. There are some elements that need to be updated, but I think over all it's looking great.

Conclusion:

So far I think you've made a great start, and the game shows a lot of promise. Can't wait to see the final product.

Let's Play Link:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxA65KNrRivssv9i52OdKlZyNhXPg3pNs

birdoggydog
08-23-2013, 03:43 PM
One other thing I wanted to add, is overall character flexibility.

As I recall any character could become a Grand Master or whatever of any skill. (at keast in 6). The clas smade them more/less effective. Is that the case here as well?

LE-Larissa
08-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi birdoggydog,

Thanks for all your feedback!

It was also added to our first week of Early Access player feedback sum up.
We'll be posting first results of the sum up during the next week on
the blog (https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog).

Thanks,
Anna (LE-Larissa)

P.S.: In regards to your questions about skills, check out our blog posting (https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51f12475e754b6c324000001) about skills and blessings, maybe you'll find that interesting ;)