PDA

View Full Version : R Gameplay problems / ideas

Any1-2
08-23-2013, 10:54 AM
In addition to the UI-comments here are a few general gameplay-observations

1. It should be possible to target a specific enemy when attacking from a distance (by bows or spells) and not hit at random.

2. Why is there no Mysticism Expert available anywhere around Sorpigal? Due to the high Mana-cost that seems essential.

3. While dropping from the lighthouse kills you instantly (the cause of death should be made clear, though) it should also be possible to blow off your opponent in the same way.

4. Occassionally quest descriptions are a bit unclear. I was endlessly trying to find the "shrine" for the "Flowers" quest and assumed it must be behind the (undefeatable) ghosts. A more specific description would be very welcome here.

5. There must be more side-quests. The environment is so detailled, there should be many things to do. Also some NPCs give clues to evidently non-implemented events (the wizard's house in Sorpigal, etc.).

6. With regards to secret doors: It should be made more clear, who detected them and why (and what ability is needed to open them).

7. I was wondering about the quest in the Thieves Den (not in the castle). When you meet the "Master Thief" you have a dialog choice to tell him about a quest and eventually let him go. Did I miss that quest or is this some kind of bug?

8. Many pieces of your wall-tileset look as if they were hidden/clickable buttons. However there are no such buttons in the game. Maybe add something like that?

9. I am really fond of tile-based movement. However you should adjust the speed. Currently it feels more like "Stop&Go", whereas it worked a lot faster in M&M III/IV/V (and in Legend of Grimrock).

10. It seems as if the retaliation-ability of e.g. Elite Rogues always hits (also there is no animation playing). Maybe fix that?

11. The indicator used to show the active party member should be stronger - I occasionally miss it...

12. Please at Spawn-Points/Nests for certain monsters (in the outside world) like in Might & Magic III (and IV/V), like a bandit's camp, a spider's nest, etc.This would allow for easier adjustment of levels in the early game (I always considered the beginning of Might & Magic VII very hard as one had little choice but work their way through the island; the limited scope of this preview is a lot like that - not much room to level-up your party).

Any1-2
08-23-2013, 10:59 AM
And while I am at it: The governor's castle is surrounded by dead knights and bandits. Nevertheless a guard (standing in a doorway full of rubble!) reminds you of an "appointment" needed to see the governor.

Once you get the quest, said guard simply disappears. When you find the governor he explains that you were "just in time", even though all knights and guards have evidently been killed days (!) ago (even before you first went to the castle).

It would be more logical to only add the bandits and dead knights once you got the quest to see the governor and have the castle appear "normal" beforehand.

Any1-2
08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
And one more thing: Shops remain open during the night; night has little to no effect in Sorpigal. This should definitely change.

LE-Larissa
08-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi beursken,

Thanks again you for all your feedback!

It was also added to our first week of Early Access player feedback sum up.
We'll be posting first results of the sum up during the next week on
the blog (https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog).

Thanks,
Anna (LE-Larissa)