PDA

View Full Version : Uninterrupted Fort takeover gameplay

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi so I just found this, I know it technically belongs in the gamescom discussion thread, but nobody seems to be noticing it. I was pretty happy when I found it, and I want you guys to see it too, so, why the hell not.

This gameplay is essentially the same as the original ps4 ga splay, but in greater quality, and without camera cuts to the audience. Here ya go.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fy6aXTM5YE

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:10 PM
already saw it on gamestop's youtube.

seriously, stop making threads for every little thing you find, it's annoying.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:13 PM
already saw it on gamestop's youtube.

seriously, stop making threads for every little thing you find, it's annoying.

Well this isn't YouTube. This is ubisoft forums. I personally just found it. Maybe it is the first time for some other people too. I'm just trying to contribute, and add to the new info that is being delivered, so if you don't like my threads, then just leave.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm not gonna leave the forums because you make topics you every little thing. Just try to realize that you shouldn't make new topics just because no one's responding to a post you had in the gamescom discussion thread.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm not gonna leave the forums because you make topics you every little thing. Just try to realize that you shouldn't make new topics just because no one's responding to a post you had in the gamescom discussion thread.

Once again, I'm just trying to contribute. I never said for yo to leave the forums, I said for you to leave this thread. It was pretty important to me, and since people were complaining about the camera view on the demo, I decided it would be nice to give people an easy way to see it, instead of digging through the gamescom thread.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, or made your day worse by posting this thread. No sarcasm intended. Just trying to help

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:22 PM
What helps is keeping everything in a thread meant for this stuff where the maker of the thread constantly updates the OP with the new videos and pictures. Which, by the way, I tried to help you out with in your thread about the new screenshots (which was actually worthy of a new thread btw), but you never did update the OP.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:27 PM
What helps is keeping everything in a thread meant for this stuff where the maker of the thread constantly updates the OP with the new videos and pictures. Which, by the way, I tried to help you out with in your thread about the new screenshots (which was actually worthy of a new thread btw), but you never did update the OP.

What would help even more is if instead of trying to "help" me by intertwining your advice with insults, you actually give me a polite post for once. Then I'd be happy to agree and follow your advice instead of going into defense mode every time you be a **** to me, which happens quite frequently.

I'm not asking you to treat me like a ****ing princess, this is a videogame forum afterall, but don't treat me like crap and condescend my mistakes and every moves just because, what, you've been here longer than me?

Sushiglutton
08-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks for posting, haven't seen this one before! The swimming icon probably means you can save guys in the water, wonder how that will play out. Meh I'm not sold on this at all. Looks incredibly easy. Combat looks exactly the same as 3. Freerunning too. Optional objectives return, just as intrusive and hand-holdy as ever. This is not the revenge for AC that I was hoping for. It's pretty much more of the same.

What would help even more is if instead of trying to "help" me by intertwining your advice with insults, you actually give me a polite post for once. Then I'd be happy to agree and follow your advice instead of going into defense mode every time you be a **** to me, which happens quite frequently.

Just ignore him. It's the mods who decide what you may post or not. If you fight every unpolite guy on the web you won't have time for anything else. Just let it be.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks for posting, haven't seen this one before! The swimming icon probably means you can save guys in the water, wonder how that will play out. Meh I'm not sold on this at all. Looks incredibly easy. Combat looks exactly the same as 3. Freerunning too. Optional objectives return, just as intrusive and hand-holdy as ever. This is not the revenge for AC that I was hoping for. It's pretty much more of the same.

I'm just kinda losing my hype because of all the info they are throwing at us constantly. Ash did say that while those specific optional objectives were "on the border", 90% of them are really less intrusive.

ArabianFrost
08-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Jexx, no need for the aggressive sentiment. She has the freedom to post it and everyone was looking for something of the sort.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:36 PM
I have never tried to insult you Wolf. I'm sorry if I come off that way. I just tire of a constant barrage of new topics when there is no need for them. It makes it hard for me to pay attention to conversations I actually want to pay attention to.

I also tend to have digital OCD.

I'm the Devil.

Bastiaen
08-22-2013, 08:37 PM
The two of you need to calm down. This is just a forum about, well, just a game. I'm fed up with reading your arguments everywhere instead of AC4 news.
I hadn't seen the video yet, mostly because I don't want to dig through crap like this on the Gamescom thread. At the same time, there are forum rules to be obeyed.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Which is exactly why a compendium topic to put all new videos and info in would be ideal.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:41 PM
I have never tried to insult you Wolf. I'm sorry if I come off that way. I just tire of a constant barrage of new topics when there is no need for them. It makes it hard for me to pay attention to conversations I actually want to pay attention to.

I also tend to have digital OCD.

I'm the Devil.

I also have severe OCD.

And Tourettes.

Welcome to the club.

Lets just forget about it. *hug

poptartz20
08-22-2013, 08:43 PM
whoa Jexx are you having a bad day?

Thanks for the video wolf! I haven't seen it either! :) -- also I noticed that it was posted up today!

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm always having a bad day.

So.. yes.

ArabianFrost

Thanks for the video wolf! I haven't seen it either! :) -- also I noticed that it was posted up today!

Nope. He's usually quite moody (sorry jexx:( )

Wolfmeister1010

You're welcome! And I can't believe you friend-ed me after I threatened to eat you ;)

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Nope. He's usually quite moody (sorry jexx:( )
see above post.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:46 PM
hehe..."eat" you.
*whack*

dirty mind.

Shahkulu101
08-22-2013, 08:48 PM

I agree, unfortunately. Why on Earth would they think that's the right action to take after the shambles of AC3. I just don't understand at all. Ashraf said this was an exception and 90% of it isn't like that but I have every reason to believe he's lying.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:50 PM
"every reason"

So uh.. these reasons are?

Cause when you say every reason I imagine things like "He's lied in the past" "he looks shady" etc.

ArabianFrost
08-22-2013, 08:50 PM
*whack*

dirty mind.

Sorry. I'm a bit immature at times. Deleted it. Sorry again.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:51 PM
I agree, unfortunately. Why on Earth would they think that's the right action to take after the shambles of AC3. I just don't understand at all. Ashraf said this was an exception and 90% of it isn't like that but I have every reason to believe he's lying.

90% is still pretty low. Because he said that, there is reason to believe that there will be more constraints like it. I trust Ash, and the dev team, but with the constant spewing of new info, and unsatisfactory new details (bad mission constraints, glitches, tomahawk sword animations) he is treading on thin ground.

Shahkulu101
08-22-2013, 08:53 PM
"every reason"

So uh.. these reasons are?

Cause when you say every reason I imagine things like "He's lied in the past" "he looks shady" etc.

Because we've been lied to countless times by the devs before. Why should I trust Ashraf? What makes him seem he has any more integrity than Alex Hutchinson or Amancio?

poptartz20
08-22-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm always having a bad day.

So.. yes.

Ahh.. I see. Well. I honestly hope that it gets better for you. Why not go do something that lets you get our some of your aggression of frustration in a positive manner. like VIDEO GAMES. lol. or whatever works for you obviously! Being moody sucks! I don't know you personally but that didn't seem very Jexxy?? of you. lol.

You're welcome! And I can't believe you friend-ed me after I threatened to eat you ;)

Haha.. well wolf those are the type of people that you want to have around. --- I think. Or maybe I'm just a sadist. :|

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:54 PM
90% is still pretty low. Because he said that, there is reason to believe that there will be more constraints like it. I trust Ash, and the dev team, but with the constant spewing of new info, and unsatisfactory new details (bad mission constraints, glitches, tomahawk sword animations) he is treading on thin ground.

"constant spewing"

There has been one gameplay demo and one trailer released in the past week. I don't count the gamescom demo yet because a commentated one of that is supposed to release sometime next week (I'm guessing tuesday or wednesday).

There's been less stuff than E3.

poptartz20
08-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Sorry. I'm a bit immature at times. Deleted it. Sorry again.

Haha... honestly I when she first wrote it I thought the same thing. haha. I just didn't post it. :rolleyes:

Wolfmeister1010
Wait guys, I just remembered something. Even if the constraints are as bad as AC3's, it would still be not as annoying. Because they have said, that instead of punishing you for not following them like in AC3, they reward you if you follow them. So like, more money.

Jexx21
Because we've been lied to countless times by the devs before. Why should I trust Ashraf? What makes him seem he has any more integrity than Alex Hutchinson or Amancio?

I don't believe that they were lies. I believe that they were touting things that were in development but for some reason had to be cut.

They never actually lied about things already in place, like the optional objectives.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Wait guys, I just remembered something. Even if the constraints are as bad as AC3's, it would still be not as annoying. Because they have said, that instead of punishing you for not following them like in AC3, they reward you if you follow them. So like, more money.

You actually were never punished in ACB, ACR, or AC3 for not following them. You were always rewarded if you did follow them, with memories, costumes, etc.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 08:57 PM
"constant spewing"

There has been one gameplay demo and one trailer released in the past week. I don't count the gamescom demo yet because a commentated one of that is supposed to release sometime next week (I'm guessing tuesday or wednesday).

There's been less stuff than E3.

Well, there was the stealth trailer today, the cinematic defy trailer, the gamescom demo...all in the last couple of days.

Plus all of the gameplay shown by other channels, but I guess that's not ubisoft's fault

Sushiglutton
08-22-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm just kinda losing my hype because of all the info they are throwing at us constantly. Ash did say that while those specific optional objectives were "on the border", 90% of them are really less intrusive.

Wgy even have them at all?

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Stealth trailer was just a trailer, revealed nothing except the looks of a couple of enemies and allies (and we're not even sure who's who)

Cinematic Defy trailer revealed nothing, just a marketing gimmick, doesn't even really count as a real trailer on my end

the gamescom demo was just another demo, like the E3 one.

In all seriousness, I don't think it's that much, I think you're over-exaggerating it.

Wolfmeister1010
You actually were never punished in ACB, ACR, or AC3 for not following them. You were always rewarded if you did follow them, with memories, costumes, etc.

It would deny you 100 percent sync. Well from what I have seen/believe, there is no longer 100 percent sync. So, that leaves only the disposable rewards of money, that are good of you get them, but not extremely frustrating if you don't.

Jexx21

To provide a barrier to access to certain outfits and/or memories

Shahkulu101
I don't believe that they were lies. I believe that they were touting things that were in development but for some reason had to be cut.

They never actually lied about things already in place, like the optional objectives.

If you outright state something will be in the game and they are not -- that is a lie. If you make promises to your fans you shouldn't fall back on them. They should be able to further development time to fit in these things they couldn't get in during the development cycle. But alas, we all know why that can not happen.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Stealth trailer was just a trailer, revealed nothing except the looks of a couple of enemies and allies (and we're not even sure who's who)

Cinematic Defy trailer revealed nothing, just a marketing gimmick, doesn't even really count as a real trailer on my end

the gamescom demo was just another demo, like the E3 one.

In all seriousness, I don't think it's that much, I think you're over-exaggerating it.

You're probably right. I am just frustrated about the combat animations and mission constraints.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 09:02 PM
If you outright state something will be in the game and they are not -- that is a lie. If you make promises to your fans you shouldn't fall back on them. They should be able to further development time to fit in these things they couldn't get in during the development cycle. But alas, we all know why that can not happen.

I rematches the ac3 Boston demo a while ago, and laughed so much when I heard Hutchinson say "we've worked really hard to put dynamic encounters into the world".

Well obviously you didn't, sir, or they would have been in the game.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 09:03 PM
It would deny you 100 percent sync. Well from what I have seen/believe, there is no longer 100 percent sync. So, that leaves only the disposable rewards of money, that are good of you get them, but not extremely frustrating if you don't.

Getting 100% sync was just an added bonus that contributed to your rewards for following the optional objective. I believe that system is still in place, because we still have optional objectives.

Also, you just get rewarded extra money for completing certain side missions stealthily. I don't think you get extra money for completing the optional objectives that we've seen. At least, Ash didn't say that and I have no reason to believe that it would be like that.

ArabianFrost
08-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Haha... honestly I when she first wrote it I thought the same thing. haha. I just didn't post it. :rolleyes:

Yeah. It was especially very apparent why he would send her a friend request after she offers...I mean "threaten" to eat him.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 09:04 PM
I rematches the ac3 Boston demo a while ago, and laughed so much when I heard Hutchinson say "we've worked really hard to put dynamic encounters into the world".

Well obviously you didn't, sir, or they would have been in the game.

I believe that they encountered problems with the engine and the limitation of memory on the consoles and had to change the liberation missions from random events to actual missions.

ArabianFrost
08-22-2013, 09:04 PM

To give replay value to an otherwise valueless game in terms of replay value.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah. It was especially very apparent why he would send her a friend request after she offers...I mean "threaten" to eat him.
they're both females

no hims around.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 09:11 PM

Shut it

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 09:13 PM
I believe that they encountered problems with the engine and the limitation of memory on the consoles and had to change the liberation missions from random events to actual missions.

I guess. But it's not like random events were some new revolutionary piece of technology. I mean, red dead redemption had it 2 years prior, and even the couriers were "dynamic events" in AC2.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 09:16 PM
couriers were in AC3. Ubisoft didn't make Red Dead Redemption, they don't have the same engine.

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 09:18 PM
couriers were in AC3. Ubisoft didn't make Red Dead Redemption, they don't have the same engine.

Yeah. I, just trying to say that couriers have been in the game since AC2.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 09:20 PM
you know what game has Dynamic Events.

Guild Wars 2.

ArabianFrost
08-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Shut it

Please don't hurt me.

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Please don't hurt me.
My friend Wolfy, she wouldn't hurt a fly. :)

Wolfmeister1010
08-22-2013, 09:51 PM
My friend Wolfy, she wouldn't hurt a fly. :)

I once had a really bad day in the summer, went outside at night with a plastic whiffle ball bat, and massacred like 100 fireflies

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 09:54 PM
I once had a really bad day in the summer, went outside at night with a plastic whiffle ball bat, and massacred like 100 fireflies
Nnnnnnooooooo!! But fireflies are beautiful! *sheds a tear for those poor fireflies* :'(

David2010549
08-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the video. I'd really like to see someone try to do this mission stealthily, swimming to shore instead of attacking from sea. Can you leave the ship to swim at any time? So you can theoretically swim anywhere? Does this particular mission force you to attack from sea? That would explain why no one's shown it being done any other way.

pacmanate
08-23-2013, 09:32 AM
I have never tried to insult you Wolf. I'm sorry if I come off that way. I just tire of a constant barrage of new topics when there is no need for them.

Agree.

Jexx21
08-23-2013, 09:41 AM
pacman my fellow jerk.

It is 4:41 AM where I live

ArabianFrost
08-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Nnnnnnooooooo!! But fireflies are beautiful! *sheds a tear for those poor fireflies* :'(

Told you she is a monster. I will now forever cower for my life because of your friend wolfy.

Templar_Az
08-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the post, I hadn't seen the video before.