PDA

View Full Version : No DVD (boxed) version for more countries - need clarification from Ubi

LordGraa
08-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Yes, its true. And I am still waiting for official clarification of this:

Dear MMX fans, Yes, it’s true – you can start to play now ! Might & Magic X - Legacy is officially pre-released, offering an Early Access, which is available through Uplay (http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/mightandmagicx-legacy/en-GB/shop/index.aspx), Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/238750/) and Бука (http://www.shop.buka.ru/game/Might_and_Magic_X_Legacy/). Please note, that the box edition of Might & Magic X – Legacy is exclusive to Uplay (http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/mightandmagicx-legacy/en-GB/shop/index.aspx).

Please note that the Deluxe box edition is only included in this pack if you purchase via Uplay and available in all countries except the US because of constraints, we are not able to influence.

After this I just went to Uplay and looked after DVD version of this game... but there was only the digital version. After some days we got reply from Ubi_twitter that:

@JaromirSebela Unfortunately we're unable to ship items to the Czech Republic and as such the physical copy will not appear on the website..

CZ is not in the US so it would be nice at least say how many (and which ones) countries cannot get their boxed version - it would be fair.

Dont get me wrong - I preordered the digital version and will support you (Limbic) guys and gals as I am a big fan of MaM. I am just sad that I wont have boxed version and mostly that official statement is still: only US cant have it.

Thanks and continue in good work Limbic!

--------------------------------------------------------

DVD version available (via Uplay) ONLY in: United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Italia, Poland, Australia, New Zeland, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark.

Melnorme1984
08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Can somebody confirm if it is available in Canada?

outerfox
08-22-2013, 05:26 PM
As I said on the M&M X facebook page, I'd gladly buy at least two Deluxe Boxed CEs... if I could order them in the US. I wonder what limitations are in place that exclude some of these countries as well as wonder how many countries are affected by these limitations. I've been a devout fan of Might and Magic since the Commodore 64 and even though I've bought the digital deluxe, would love to contribute to a Deluxe Boxed set if possible.

relair13
08-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm with you on that, I would buy several deluxe boxed versions if they released them in the US. How can a company not be able to ship them here, that makes no sense. You can ship ANYTHING to the US. I could probably order some endangered species of tiger, or a Russian mail order bride, or parts to build my own freaking spaceship or nuclear warhead, but I can't buy a game? Really? I mean come on, charge outrageous shipping fees if you want, I don't care - just let people who want this game and have been waiting 10+ years for it be able to buy it =/

Annatar2013
08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
I dont have box version option too.
Im from Russia

fbdbh
08-22-2013, 06:40 PM
I can confirm that I can't buy the boxed version from Hungary. What's the deal, Ubi? Apparently the Europen Union is in no better position than the USA.

vroh
08-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Just received a reply from the Customer Service:
Thank you for the feedback regarding this issue.
Unfortunately, the Uplay shop does not ship physical items to Hungary. Only PC digital download versions of games will be available to you there.

So yep, we are definitely out. As well as half of Eastern Europe, it seems.

fbdbh
08-22-2013, 08:21 PM
I had to go through a registration to get nothing, well done, Ubi.

Expect no money from me anytime soon.

Kalthean
08-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Just received a reply from the Customer Service:
Thank you for the feedback regarding this issue.
Unfortunately, the Uplay shop does not ship physical items to Hungary. Only PC digital download versions of games will be available to you there.

So yep, we are definitely out. As well as half of Eastern Europe, it seems.

Same response when I called customer service also in the States.

My question is this only for pre-orders or will this apply post launch also. I can wait, actually resisting as I don't want to play a bugged out M&M game that is pretty much nothing more that a demo really. I will be mind boggled though if we can't get box editions period even post launch.

Yazmiel
08-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Try seeing if you can see ANY boxed game in ubishop. if the aswer is NO, it is a pretty good indicator that this one won't be available either (even after the release). It might however be available through 3rd party stores that ship to wider area than Ubi.

There was probably some miscommunication that led Limbic representative to believe only USA is affected. In fact, it is only a handful of EU countries that can get the physical stuff directly from ubi store.

relair13
08-22-2013, 11:25 PM
That's what's so strange, Ubi has tons of boxed games available in the US. All their properties like Assassin's Creed, Rayman, etc are in box form in any store you go to. Which is why I can't fathom this notion of 'we can't ship things to the US'. If its a pre-order thing not being available thats fine I don't mind waiting. But if its no box, ever, period...well thats just ridiculous.

fbdbh
08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Please, Ubisoft, just confirm this:

Is there ANY WAY that I can get a boxed deluxe edition of this game IN THE FUTURE?

LordGraa
08-23-2013, 09:09 AM
OK, thanks everyone for informations about this issue, I`ll update my first post so we can see those "sad panda" countries that are out.

BTW if anyone know a 3rd party store offering DVD version of this game, just let us know so we can get it (if Ubisoft is not able to do it itself).

So far we have: Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia and US; Canada - waiting for confirmation (no DVD boxed version, only digital one)

deadlybunny
08-23-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm with you on that, I would buy several deluxe boxed versions if they released them in the US. How can a company not be able to ship them here, that makes no sense. You can ship ANYTHING to the US. I could probably order some endangered species of tiger, or a Russian mail order bride, or parts to build my own freaking spaceship or nuclear warhead, but I can't buy a game? Really? I mean come on, charge outrageous shipping fees if you want, I don't care - just let people who want this game and have been waiting 10+ years for it be able to buy it =/

Amen! I with you 1000% There should be no reason why the Deluxe boxed version isn't available in the states. Madness.

Melnorme1984
08-23-2013, 04:22 PM
OK, thanks everyone for informations about this issue, I`ll update my first post so we can see those "sad panda" countries that are out.

BTW if anyone know a 3rd party store offering DVD version of this game, just let us know so we can get it (if Ubisoft is not able to do it itself).

So far we have: Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia and US; Canada - waiting for confirmation (no DVD boxed version, only digital one)

I'd be surprised if it isn't available in Canada since Ubisoft has a huge presence in Montreal, but I just want to be sure.

jsebela
08-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I made ticket on ubisoft support, though, right now, they are very UNsupporting.:mad: Meaning they wont ship into CZ. So I made my opinion clear, that if they dont start, Ill make them "advertisement" they wont be likely to forget - and I mean it. I plan to bring this matter to attention of as many gaming magazines as I can. And I am also thinking about customer rights in general in relation to e-commerce, especially stores like uplay. Ill try to contact customer rights association and ask for help (but I dont expect much of advice). More hope I see in sending messages to czech members of europian parliament - those bureaucrats should do something about this - customers should have same rights to buy no matter in which country of union they are. I bet that in poland, germany or UK they wont have this problem.

jsebela
08-25-2013, 06:42 PM
So, Ive tried several proxies in several countries. So far, another country in which it is unavailable is Slovakia (SK).
On opposite side, countries where the box version is to be bought are following: Poland (PL), Germany (DE), Austria (AT), Netherlands (NL)

ZoinksALot
08-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm from Canada and I can confirm that the deluxe box set is NOT available for purchase for us either.

As for those countries that can buy them, can we go to those sites and purchase them with internationally shipping?

Is that possible? If it is, can someone please post the links directly to the item for us to purchase.

relair13
08-25-2013, 07:05 PM
So, Ive tried several proxies in several countries. So far, another country in which it is unavailable is Slovakia (SK).
On opposite side, countries where the box version is to be bought are following: Poland (PL), Germany (DE), Austria (AT), Netherlands (NL)

Glad people aren't just letting this slide and are trying to figure it out...I want so so so much for this game to succeed, the way Ubi is handling this is leaving such a bad taste in my mouth though. Just let your loyal fans buy the deluxe version of the game, what is so hard about that. Maybe it's time to go complain on kotaku and other game sites, if more people bring up the issue in more places Ubi might have to address it and rectify the situation.

LordGraa
08-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks again for the update! I am still wondering how long it will take untill some Ubi representative speaks in this thread... or are you afraid of us, Ubi? You dont have to... at least as far as you remain fair with your announcements. Grats to those countries where DVD is available :)

jsebela
08-25-2013, 07:35 PM
To zoinsAlot: I dont think so. To by able purchase boxed version, you have to have uplay account, and game will be connected to your uplay to download it. Box with the game will be shipped on date of full game realese, some month or three after new year. So purchsing across boarder unfortunately wont work. I hate ubi for this.

znork
08-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Keep on demanding it people ubi is if nothing wants money so if they feel like there cash in it to do so well they will find a way. I think this game is a bigger succsess then they ever dreamed about! So dont take no for an answer on this!

LordGraa
08-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Keep on demanding it people ubi is if nothing wants money so if they feel like there cash in it to do so well they will find a way. I think this game is a bigger succsess then they ever dreamed about! So dont take no for an answer on this!

Well one can hope they will change their politic but so far they are just loosing more and more customers every minute. I still don`t get what is the real deal and difference when shopping to Germany or Czcech Republic?

For me, this is just an unproffesianoal behaviour that shouldn`t happen to a big company like Ubi.

LordGraa
08-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Finally confirmed by UBIsoft:

[19:22] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "Which country is getting boxed game? ". The answer is: "Right now, the Box Edition is available only through Uplay for players who buy the Early Access Edition. This offer is available only in United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Italia, Poland, Australia, New Zeland, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark.

If you are in "the other country" like me you are screwed.

Case closed.

coltrek
08-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Try seeing if you can see ANY boxed game in ubishop. if the aswer is NO,

I just check if the above statement is true and nope, there are some box versions that you can buy from UbiShop.

relair13
08-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Finally confirmed by UBIsoft:

[19:22] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "Which country is getting boxed game? ". The answer is: "Right now, the Box Edition is available only through Uplay for players who buy the Early Access Edition. This offer is available only in United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Italia, Poland, Australia, New Zeland, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark.

If you are in "the other country" like me you are screwed.

Case closed.

Sigh. That kills me that there is a perfectly good english edition ready for the UK that they could ship to me in the US but refuse to do so. I wish they would at least explain why some countries are eligible and some are not. Infuriating. :mad:

SadFerret
08-29-2013, 07:18 AM
I wonder where they are shipping from. I'm expecting them to ship from Europe since the offer is only available in Europe. I'm hoping so, as there's no import tax if you buy from a EU country.

Masterluck86
08-29-2013, 11:52 AM
I think they will ship it from france, because Ubisoft is a french company, maybe also somewhere from Germany because the game is produced here. Why they also ship it to Australia and New Zealand? Well, only they know.

krazijoe
08-29-2013, 09:32 PM
The problem is not out of their control, they just don't want it out of their wallet.

relair13
08-30-2013, 04:39 AM
The problem is not out of their control, they just don't want it out of their wallet.

Yep, and I don't know why they even think that either. I would pay twice what they're asking for it just to cover shipping if its really that bad. Just give people the option!

Raventiger_sb
08-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Yep, and I don't know why they even think that either. I would pay twice what they're asking for it just to cover shipping if its really that bad. Just give people the option!

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like those countries who aren't getting the boxed version are experiencing the same problems a lot of us here in New Zealand have when it comes to some ebooks. Some ebooks are available for the US and UK, but down here we are prohibited from picking them up.

The cause of this problem has to do with distribution agreements the publisher has within that region. Looking at that list of countries who are getting the boxed set, it appears to me to be the same issue - i.e a form of region lock. If so then Ubisoft's hands are tied until they can work things out with the appropriate people.

It's annoying and frustrating, but such is the world we live in.

SadFerret
08-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Distribution rights are my guess as well.

If it makes anyone feel any better, they have never said it will never happen, just not right at this moment. You might get the box eventually.

relair13
08-30-2013, 07:26 PM
What's strange is you can buy the boxed versions of Ubi's other games in the US, thats why I cant figure this out. I got Heroes V and VI, Clash of Heroes, etc box versions, and all their Assassin's Creed games and other franchises have boxed versions too. I wonder whats different about this one title.

LE-Larissa
09-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi all,

Thank you for opening up this topic, for discussing the boxed version availability and for your patience in regards to an official answer. First of all Id like to apologize in the name of the whole MMX team, that the boxed version is not available in all countries except the US as originally planned. Please note that we are currently in discussions with Uplay and potential distribution partners to make the box available in as many countries as possible. However right now, I can only forward you the message, which weve received as an official answer:

We would like to announce that Might & Magic X Legacy Deluxe Box Edition is available during the Early Access phase only on Uplay.
The list of countries for which Uplay ship goods is proposed during the checkout process directly on Uplay.
Take note that the Deluxe Digital Edition is already available worldwide. We will inform you on the potential new deals for the Deluxe Box Edition distribution in time.

As soon as I have more detailed news about changes in the boxed version availability, I will let you guys know, of course.

Thank you,
Anna (LE-Larissa)

relair13
09-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Thank you for the response and at least letting us know what's going on, much appreciated. At least it leaves the door open a little for us in the US and other countries that we might see the box version we've been waiting for eventually.

LordGraa
09-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Finally an answer! Thank you a lot Le-Larissa. Hopefuly we will get DVD edition also.

twofoldsilence
09-07-2013, 02:33 PM
This answer does not help at all as I would like to buy the early access version of MMX, but I'm not going to until I can buy the boxed set in the US as I collect boxed versions of the Might and Magic series, and I'm not going to buy the game twice: one digital version and one boxed version, so UBI won't be getting my money until they make the boxed version available to the US.

relair13
09-08-2013, 04:23 AM
This answer does not help at all as I would like to buy the early access version of MMX, but I'm not going to until I can buy the boxed set in the US as I collect boxed versions of the Might and Magic series, and I'm not going to buy the game twice: one digital version and one boxed version, so UBI won't be getting my money until they make the boxed version available to the US.

I'm in the same boat, I want more than anything to support this game, but I have the whole series all nestled on their shelf together and really want X next to them, not to mention the cloth map and other goodies. Hell if they said for SURE there's a box version in the US coming I'd even double dip and buy it twice just because I love M&M and want this game to be a success; get the digital one now and the box one later when it's available. But they don't seem too inclined to take our money for some reason.

jsebela
09-20-2013, 08:01 PM
I have news from Irina Kassina (ubi_irina) - it looks like ubi is talking with local shops about distribution of boxed MMX, here in Czech rep., though it will take time, so it probably wont be ready until short time before or by the time of full-game release.
I hold my hopes high for all others, it looks like they are really trying to help.

relair13
09-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Well if they're trying in Czech Rep maybe there's still hope for the US. *crosses fingers*