PDA

View Full Version : R Secret Doors or Not?

Beastman666m
08-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Finished Act 1, but there's something that bugs me. There are a couple of areas i can see on the minimap but cannot reach. Most of them in the Castle - the room behing the bookshelf in Level 1 (?) comes to mind.

With my first Party (dwarf, elf, human, half-orc) I found a secret door in the spider cave depicted as a yellow outline, asking me what character wants to "dispell the magic barrier *????*". So how do secret doors work in the game? I ask because on my second start with a Party of two dwarves and two half-orcs, this particular door wasn't outlined/found.

Zemeos
08-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I got a bunch of those, some asking for a character to break them down, others asking to be dispelled. I'm not sure what the requirements are to find them. I had the same party config as you did in the spider lair (one of each class) and didnt find it.

feedygonzales
08-22-2013, 08:37 PM
test

schuschinger
08-22-2013, 11:39 PM
good question, i assume its relatedvto a charstat like perception maybe.you could definately try the spell for seeing those things if u notice something on the map.i unfortunately dont remember theexact name and also cant look right now because im not on my pc.but afaik i didnt notice it in the spiderlair either w preset group unless it was for the zalequest

deadlybunny
08-23-2013, 09:29 AM
I love to know how you reached the Castle. I know it's slightly northwest of Sorpical but I was unable to find it.

Beastman666m
08-23-2013, 10:02 AM
I love to know how you reached the Castle. I know it's slightly northwest of Sorpical but I was unable to find it.

Leave town. Walk towards lighthouse but as soon as possible turn right. and then walk alk walk straight ahead until the end of the map...

deadlybunny
08-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Leave town. Walk towards lighthouse but as soon as possible turn right. and then walk alk walk straight ahead until the end of the map...

Thank you. I phrased my question wrong, what I meant to say was how do I enter the Castle? I only get the option of not having an appointment. I cannot seem to figure this out.

Beastman666m
08-23-2013, 10:20 AM
If I recall correctly: Clear the light house. Return to Maximus. Castle is now ready for Exploration.

deadlybunny
08-23-2013, 10:32 AM
If I recall correctly: Clear the light house. Return to Maximus. Castle is now ready for Exploration.

Thank you very much.

Beastman666m
08-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Back to my original post: anyone any ideas?

NalimX
08-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, I mostly use the spell to detect secret doors - it's quite mana-efficient. I assume if you don't use the spell it's a perception skill check (just a guess). However, I also couldn't open up the area behind the bookshelf, although the bookshelf is clearly designed to open up. I guess it will open up later in the game, perhaps as a kind of quest reward...

xfysxbowtie
08-24-2013, 06:33 AM
There are spells that reveal secrets. Primarily is the dark spell called "Whisper" something like that. It allows you to 'see' secret passages. It has nothing to do with perception. Only if you have the spell active when you get to the secret wall, or if the game is programmed to show it for tutorial purposes like in the spider well.

xfysxbowtie
08-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Also, I was able to set my characters perception to 1000 and it didn't affect the revealing of secrets.

Beastman666m
08-24-2013, 10:53 AM
that's lame. i Need a spell to detect secrets? i hope this will Change. i liked the Little wavig gargyle guy from the older mm-games...

GigaFather
08-24-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure if they should put perception check or something as option, I think one of the Blessings will give you the spell permanently?

Beastman666m
08-25-2013, 08:47 PM
mmm. back to the secret door in the Spider lair. started a new playthrough with a new Party (same character types as my first which discovered the door). This bunch of idio...ähem...adventurers is appreantly blind: they didnt discover the door. so it is not programmed to be found as an example how secret doors will function in the game as mentioned by someone earlier in this thread. And, my first Party who discovered the door, also had no detection spell running...This is wired....

IronGuardian88
08-25-2013, 11:11 PM
I was able to see a few of them in the Den of Theif, but not in the Castle, even though they appeared on my minimap. Assuming there is some sort of skill check.

Aeon1977
08-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Hm, in MMIII - V the little wing which showed you secret passages have been skill or spell dependant, I think in MMX it will work the same way: By spell or skill / blessing.

IronGuardian88
08-26-2013, 01:30 AM
I'd suggest that secrets can be accessed by anyone if you know where they are, or by trial and error, rather than by hidden skill check/luck. Having your skills/spells reveal where they are should just be a convienience. So if you have the skill/spell, it'll highlight the secret for you, but if you don't, you can still go up to every singel wall in the dungeon and press space bar.

deadlybunny
08-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Back to my original post: anyone any ideas?

Apologies OP, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, To be honest there were a few secrets doors along the way, but some seemed out of reach of my party. With no Perception skill in the game, finding secret areas is going to be quite the feat.