PDA

View Full Version : R Finished Act 1 - My feedback

vortexdr15
08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Very happy with what I am seeing so far.

First off I'm very happy you decided to go with Turn and Tile based. I know the newer generation might not dig it but the old school gamers will support you!

Now to the game.

- I took a balanced party, Defender, Ranger, Barb and a Mage.

- It took me about 12+ hours to finish Act 1 9even though it doesnt feel finished since the quest for that one Naga's sword is still there as well as the castle crypt. I do explore everything didnt touch the ghosts they own me. (Pretty happy with the length so far and it feels like I barely scratched the surface )

- Difficulty wise I believe the jump from the dirt easy spiders to the Naga's might be a little too much for the newer generation. The Naga boss Musashi or whatever definitely will get tons of hate and calls for nerfs . Personally I actually really enjoyed the spike in overall difficulty and it took me back to some of the earlier M&M titles where exploring was actually dangerous.

This also leads me to my next point some of the other bosses probably too easy considering the first Naga. Ivan the boss in the Castle and the bandit boss probably need some buffs.

- Vastly overpowered abilities: Regen (but this will depend on scaling as well. I didn't notice it scaling much so far). (Only abilities I used was Firebolt, Regen, Entangle and the armor debuff...)

- Need some out of combat skills, I miss lockpicking!!

- Areas I had the most fun with....in the order of good to worst: Castle, Lighthouse, Den, Spiders

- Why cant the barb use two handed swords?

GigaFather
08-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I think Thieves Den is easier than Lighthouse and should probably be done first, though as I said in other thread, the order the quests are gained and the distance makes the lighthouse more obvious next step, but some critical thinking (which I lacked) should make it obvious that Militia/Brigands are easier than Kenshis.
Musashi will probably not be as bad once we get the merchant restock (my party was half naked and low on potions vs him) and more areas to level up.

LE-Larissa
08-23-2013, 03:57 PM
HI vortexdr15 & GigaFather,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

It was added to our first week of Early Access player feedback sum up.
We'll be posting first results of the sum up during the next week on the blog.

Thanks,
Anna (LE-Larissa)