PDA

View Full Version : No more running around like a headless chicken! (AC4 and viewpoints)

pacmanate
08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Words cannot describe how much happier I am now that they are going back to more traditional style workings of viewpoints. I hated that in AC3 even if I did all the viewpoints, I would have half a map greyed out.

As Ashraf says closer to past AC's, I still think there will be some running around, but not nearly to the extent to AC3. So good news!

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/viewponts_zpse075f116.jpg

Just realised I said "Post AC3 games" instead of "Pre AC3 games"... but Ashraf understood me, because he's a gamer... YEAH.

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Good news, however I wish that there were less viewports because they do get repetitive. Anyway great that they are closer. :)

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Good news, however I wish that there were less viewports because they do get repetitive. Anyway great that they are closer. :)

I don't know, viewpoints to me are just one of those things that never gets old.

pacmanate
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't know, viewpoints to me are just one of those things that never gets old.

I agree, I like climbing things

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
I just got annoyed with them, they have a repetitive element to them. I always try to get the viewports/points done in the start of the game, just for the map mostly and climbing them.

I like climbing them too, however sometimes glitches get in the way when climbing them. :(

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 03:14 PM

And I love the circular motion of the camera during synchronization. And the leap of faiths. Never gets old :D

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 03:18 PM
On the topic, I really think that AC3 viewpoint system idea is good. I.e. you open the map by exploring AND by viewpoints. But viewpoints should be able to open up the whole map.

TheHumanTowel
08-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Agreed. There's nothing better than reaching the top and getting that panning camera view.

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 03:28 PM
And I love the circular motion of the camera during synchronization. And the leap of faiths. Never gets old :D
I like that sense of achievement during those cinematics, I always love the leap of faiths that feeling doesn't get tried. Running around for them does.

ze_topazio
08-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Indeed, even when i replayed the games i still went out of my way to synchronize with them all, they are just strangely fun.

Assassin_M
08-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Post AC3 games? Were you drunk again?

poptartz20
08-22-2013, 06:19 PM

I understand what you mean it's one of those things that I love and hate all the same time. when there are some many I feel like it's a task vs. something I actually want to do because of the actual accomplishment. I still love the pan screen and the city that you get to take in at full the music that plays then boom leap of faith. It's just so classic AC.

robinthefactory
08-22-2013, 06:55 PM
What is AC without viewpoints?

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 07:09 PM
I understand what you mean it's one of those things that I love and hate all the same time. when there are some many I feel like it's a task vs. something I actually want to do because of the actual accomplishment. I still love the pan screen and the city that you get to take in at full the music that plays then boom leap of faith. It's just so classic AC.
Agreed. What you mentioned is exactly how I feel, it is definitely a love/hate thing.

pacmanate
08-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Post AC3 games? Were you drunk again?

:p

Shahkulu101
08-22-2013, 07:29 PM
I want literal headless chickens to unfog the map for me