PDA

View Full Version : Making a scroll - help on some details please?

Equalata
08-22-2013, 08:14 AM
I know the Assassins don't receive a document of their initiation, but I think it'd be cool to make one for a gift. I'm a calligraphy artist and know how to work with vellum and parchment, but I don't know the games all that well. Can I ask for help with canon details? This is what I am putting on the scroll so far:
symbol of creed

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
Nothing is true
Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
Everything is permitted
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins

Herewith do we welcome
name
into our Brotherhood

May he live by our Creed and stay his blade from the flesh of the innocent
May he disappear from all eyes and yet remain in plain sight
May he suffer no compromise to the Brotherhood, even by his own hand.

I'm trying to keep it general so it could span across any of the games, but no idea who to sign it from. Thinking Hassan-i Sabbah, since he was the first, and add an 'even in death' instead of 'signed'.
Also, would it be cooler if it was a document for a Master Assassin? Or would that not make sense, considering they've been living all this stuff already?

Any help/advice/suggestions are very welcome and much appreciated. If it turns out well I'll upload a picture :)

-Equalata

roostersrule2
08-22-2013, 09:54 AM
It seems alright, sign it by Altair or Al Mualim.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Why them? Sign it by whoever the hell you want it to be signed.

roostersrule2
08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Why them? Sign it by whoever the hell you want it to be signed.He wants to make it look like it's from Assassins Creed, the content he is writing looks like something on of them would say.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 10:07 AM
The beginning of that scroll is from Brotherhood, Ezio says it. According to you it should be Ezio.

roostersrule2
08-22-2013, 10:11 AM
The beginning of that scroll is from Brotherhood, Ezio says it. According to you it should be Ezio.It's part of the induction into the Assassins, so who ever first wrote it should be the one to sign it, it sounds like something Al Mualim would write.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Just have Desmond sign it.

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Nice idea, just don't forget to mention the three tenants of the creed. The are important to the Assassin Order. :)

NondairyGold
08-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Just have Desmond sign it.

He can't.... he's dead.... Why do people keep on about him being still alive.... :)

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 05:40 PM
He can't.... he's dead.... Why do people keep on about him being still alive.... :)

The other characters can't sign it either then. They're all dead.

BlizzKrut
08-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Seems great, put it signed from whoever you want but maybe an Assassin would be better.

Equalata
10-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks everyone!
Here's the finished product. I forgot to take a picture without his name, but he insisted I still put it up. Thanks again for the help - I ended up signing it as Ezio.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/288/8/e/assassin_s_creed_initiation_certificate_by_becelf-d6qlof8.jpg