PDA

View Full Version : Connors Revelation

Jack-Reacher
08-22-2013, 12:04 AM
When Connor was taken in by Achilles, he learnt much about the world the Assassins and Templars had created. But he learnt much more than that, Achilles explained to Connor the most basic truth about human identity. Everything you see is but a projection in the mind, everything you touch, taste, experience, desire, think or contemplate is but a projection. You can never leave your mind, you can never leave this projection, you are completely bound to this projection, it is what makes you mortal. You can create models of phenomena around you, but you can never actually become it.

For a few years Connor slotted this concept into the back of his mind. He did not care that the projection was meerly in his head, for it was so immense, so multidimensional and full of life that even though it only existed in his head, it still existed on some level, and was worth keeping alive and growing.

One day however, Connor began to deeply question whether he was meerly his body and mind. He realized if he defined himself to meerly be the projection, than that was all he was, a thing that defined itself inside itself. But he decided to push the defining principle and define himself to be things outside of his body. He was the land he saw, he was the plants outside his mannor, he was the spaces between people, between body. He was the elk that was lurking below, but he was not the elks projection that the elk could define itself as, for only the elks projection belonged to the elk. So Connor realised that the projections were all distinct, seperate, and completely arbitrary entities that did not exist outside in the real world. What he really was, was everything he could not define himself to be. He was you, me, and everything in the spaces between us, the forces that drive this world.

As Connor captured this idea in his own projection, so did Desmond as he experienced this memory. He realized this revelation was the most important thing that his ancestors had to offer, and he instantly became connected with Connor without any need for the Animus, he felt connected to everything. He suddenly felt indifferent about the solar flare, for the shells that carried such insignificant, ugly and random projections that only cared for themselves. He offered himself up to Juno, and finally became one with everything else.

Sigv4rd
08-22-2013, 12:26 AM
:rolleyes:
Please put this here, no need to make an individual thread for your fan fiction. Than You ^_^
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/713748-Official-Assassin-s-Creed-Fan-Fiction-Thread?highlight=fiction

Shahkulu101
08-22-2013, 12:38 AM
This was actually really good -- more stuff like this and we might take you seriously.

Jack-Reacher
08-22-2013, 12:44 AM
Has to go both ways though, I don't take this series that seriously anymore. Why should I, all the plotlines fall on their face because no one has the balls to follow through with the original ideas.

Shahkulu101
08-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Has to go both ways though, I don't take this series that seriously anymore. Why should I, all the plotlines fall on their face because no one has the balls to follow through with the original ideas.

Understandable but sometimes you just downright troll. I genuinely enjoyed reading this and it seemed less rushed, it was a good fanfic.

P.S You can do whatever the hell you want for all I care tbh.

adventurewomen
08-22-2013, 02:46 AM
I enjoyed reading this, I like how you described Connor's surroundings and their relation to how he felt at the time. please write more of this fan fic.

:)

Jack-Reacher
08-22-2013, 03:03 AM
Trust me, you don't want me to write more fan fic.... anywho, the best has yet to come.

poptartz20
08-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Ahh! Nice job!

I'm surprised I-Like_pie hasn't comment on this as he writes fanfiction as well.

Assassin_M
08-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Again, more characterization here for Desmond and Connor than in AC III

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 03:22 AM
I once went into a store and bought a sandwich.

I am the Emerald Eagle.

I-Like-Pie45
08-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Ahh! Nice job!

I'm surprised I-Like_pie hasn't comment on this as he writes fanfiction as well.

I don't write it, my co-worker Hilden B. Lade writes all the AC fanfiction I have promoted although Jack is trying to get him fired.

I just promote it

sincerely
-D. Ed. End

If you are interested in joining A Penguin Named Jack, the fanfiction branch of I-Like-Pie45 enterprises, please send me an unmarked enveloped full of money

Jack-Reacher
08-22-2013, 06:27 AM
I once went into a store and bought a sandwich.

I am the Emerald Eagle.

http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png
Please put this here, no need to make an individual post for your fan fiction. Thank You ^_^
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...hlight=fiction (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/713748-Official-Assassin-s-Creed-Fan-Fiction-Thread?highlight=fiction)

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 06:54 AM
The Emerald Eagle does what he wants.

I am the Emerald Eagle.

Jack-Reacher
08-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Ahh! Nice job!

This is more pseudo philosophy in the guise of fan fiction