PDA

View Full Version : AC:BLACK FLAG combat animations?

andreycvetov
08-20-2013, 10:44 PM
I was hoping but now im really dissapointed after the gamescom demo.Everything looks good ,besides the combat animations.I mean it looks exactly like ac3,the swords dont feel like swords but tomahawk and the animation where edward waits for and opponent to strike i exactly the same as connors(his right hand is high up holding the sword/tomahawk and the left hand is down below).In one of the first trailers i saw a glimpse of edwards fight positions and it was different(way coller,with both of his hands down below ,with the swords facing sideways).One of the gamescom kill animations was a recycled animations of connor wich in my oppinion only works with the tomahawk.One of two monts ago i saw a post where ash ismail said that they're gonna do new ones,but the game realeases in two,three months and i dont see time for them to change it,if they havent already?Can someone enlighten me on this topic?

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 10:48 PM
we have a discussion about this already.

Use spaces and paragraphs.

pacmanate
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Not to mention the failed air assassinate.

But yeah, tomahawk animations for the sword? Not cool. Looks stupid.

Seeing as swords are Edwards made thing you would think they would use actual animations made for the sword.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 04:29 AM
Not to mention the failed air assassinate.

But yeah, tomahawk animations for the sword? Not cool. Looks stupid.

Seeing as swords are Edwards made thing you would think they would use actual animations made for the sword.

We don't know that they won't, after all, the animations in all the trailers have been new. I'm guessing they're still using placeholders, as Ashraf has confirmed that everything will have new animations, including the hidden blade.

Wolfmeister1010
08-21-2013, 04:33 AM
We don't know that they won't, after all, the animations in all the trailers have been new. I'm guessing they're still using placeholders, as Ashraf has confirmed that everything will have new animations, including the hidden blade.

I hope they use new running assassination animation. By lifting the body into the air and then slamming it to the ground does the opposite of keeping at a running pace, which is what running assassinations were supposed to do.cif anything, they slowed me down.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 04:35 AM
I hope they use new running assassination animation. By lifting the body into the air and then slamming it to the ground does the opposite of keeping at a running pace, which is what running assassinations were supposed to do.cif anything, they slowed me down.
They weren't supposed NOT to slow you down, just keep you on the move and it did that...

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 04:37 AM

I was kinda disappointed that they left out that combat roll thing in the gameplay reveal for AC3, shown when Connor's charging through Pitcairn's men. He does a lunging assassination like Ezio and Altair's running animation (the classic pounce-to-neck-stab) but then followed it up with a forward roll and kept running. Something like that would be cooler IMO, especially since Edward isn't as much of a tank as Connor.

TheDanteEX
08-21-2013, 08:05 AM
I think it would have been less obvious if they at least used Haytham's sword animations, which I thought looked really, really good. Why they used the tomahawk as "placeholders" I have no idea.

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 08:23 AM
I think it would have been less obvious if they at least used Haytham's sword animations, which I thought looked really, really good. Why they used the tomahawk as "placeholders" I have no idea.

Because Connor's got dual-wielding combat (with the hidden blade playing the role of a dagger) and Haytham does not. Therefore it's simpler to take him as a base for a dual-wielding dude. (Also, even Haytham uses tomahawk animations, in double counters kills)

Aphex_Tim
08-21-2013, 08:36 AM
I was kinda disappointed that they left out that combat roll thing in the gameplay reveal for AC3, shown when Connor's charging through Pitcairn's men. He does a lunging assassination like Ezio and Altair's running animation (the classic pounce-to-neck-stab) but then followed it up with a forward roll and kept running. Something like that would be cooler IMO, especially since Edward isn't as much of a tank as Connor.

That's still in the game but as a tackle, not an assassination.

EchoFiveKilo
08-21-2013, 12:26 PM
That's still in the game but as a tackle, not an assassination.

I dont think its still in the game. The roll seen in the gameplay reveal trailer looks much more smooth and better animated than the tackle you see in the game. It also looks like it was designed for a running assassination, the missed tackle/roll in the game looks semi awkward, and just a variation of the parkour roll you do when jumping off a roof. However it is useful for getting past firing lines and those lines that enemies form.

EchoFiveKilo
08-21-2013, 12:29 PM

I agree, Haythams sword animations were pretty underrated and I dont think anyone really noticed them. Connors ones looked more brutal and cooler though. I at least hope Edward gets his own double counters with the dual swords, since in the gameplay premier trailer for black flag, I saw at least 3 double counters from AC3 (The fist one where you throw a Jager, the one where Connor ducks and makes a Jager stab his own ally, and the one where you disarm a jager and use it to kill him)

Also, Edward looks like he has the same fighting style of Connor (more brutal) Haythams looked much more Fencing and classy like.

andreycvetov
08-21-2013, 03:48 PM
That running row assassination was so cool when i saw it in the gameplay trailer.It looks so badass and we will have varaiety of killing animations.I really hope they do it!