PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Card Debate - The Might of Nature

Aza404
08-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Dear champions,

You probably use it already and if you're not you're probably hoping to get your first copy in your next pack (;))... but whatever the case may be, we want to know what you think of this card!
As always, tell us why you like it, dislike it, how you use it or counter it. we present to you: The Might of Nature!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/TCD/mightofnature.png

DoubleDeck
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Isn't that Dhamiria on the artwork? hint hint

DinstanoMESO
08-20-2013, 03:53 PM
It's really useful when you manage to set it up, I use it in my Ariana deck with trees and it's very effective at stalling. Plus those regen ghouls get to shine as well. I think it's balanced just fine, I'd change nothing about it.

Heroesfan123
08-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Warps any game when it's played, really nasty when facing it with no possibility of dispelling. Could use a slight nerf.

MeiHabara
08-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Arguably one of the, if not THE bstrongest card in the game.

A complete gamechanger against heroes with no dispell options, or banshees/dark magic.

I would like some enlightenment what to do when facing it as a hero without dispells that is no necro.

Kwasowy
08-20-2013, 08:28 PM
yep, if you play against it and you dont have dispell, you can simply leave match because you cannot win. unless you have shadow magic/necro with instant deaths.

Best unique spell, at same place as forbidden flame. I dont have any of them:( but i have 4 songs of the lost xD

silentbobus
08-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Might of Nature and Atropos are currently the strongest cards in the game. Any Hero without the ability to dispell it has at most a 2 turn window where they can still win the game. After that the game might as well be over. As for a nerf, my first thought is having it round damage up, rather than down. My second is having at least one damage source that isn't halved. My third is making it so only damage caused by your opponent is halved so that you can't use one-sided Insect Swarms and Earthquakes.

Ideally the first and third nerfs could both be applied. It would still be one of the best cards in the game, but less brokenly so.

El_Bokutal
08-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Use is quite strainght forward : effectively more than doubles your front row HP. and ignores any 1 HP effect (including poison) :)

They're sides effects : you tend to play more melée and to fill the whole front row instead of spacing your guys and usually play a couple of weak peddlers to get them.
Which means that the balance of the deck is slighty affected and youhave some difficulties in games where it doesn't come by.

Usually, it pairs nicely with AOE spells, and gives interest to regen cards as it's hard to kill your monsters in one single turn.

IMHA it's a bit too much as it forces people to play with dispell or discard but it could be said of Strengh of Sea and Light of tomorrow (Dispell won't help with Forbidden flamme).

amoshias
08-20-2013, 09:11 PM
I think people are overreacting - I play Kelthor mostly, and I've certainly won tons of games where my opponent resolved Might of Nature. I might go so far as to say I win MOST of the games that my opponent plays Might, although I certainly don't keep track. But by the time someone's assembled enough might + magic for good melee creatures and Might, I'm usually far enough ahead to push through the final points of damage.

At the same time... Might FEELS - like Ice Splinters + Song of the Lost - just... dumb. It breaks part of the game - so vastly and so one-sidedly - that it's hard to believe. This isn't Magic, where you can put the ability to dispel into any deck - it's a game where half (or more) the heroes simply don't have any ability to do anything about it. If it were symmetrical - IE it impacted ALL melee creatures - or it had an exit condition, like Ward Against Darkness, it would feel more fair. ("When you have no melee creatures, sacrifice...")

As it is, it's powerful. I disagree that it's overpowering, but it is very powerful. It doesn't lead to fun games; it leads to irritating games where one player feels frustrated.

Ciolkmen
08-20-2013, 09:57 PM
(...) If it were symmetrical - IE it impacted ALL melee creatures - or it had an exit condition, like Ward Against Darkness, it would feel more fair. ("When you have no melee creatures, sacrifice...")

As it is, it's powerful. I disagree that it's overpowering, but it is very powerful. It doesn't lead to fun games; it leads to irritating games where one player feels frustrated.

True.

Morkje
08-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Really powerfull card that can dominate a game.

However at the same time it can be a total blank when the conditions for it aren't right.

I haven't felt the need for it to be nerfed, but I could see it being slightly different to change the impact, like not rounding the damage down ( might be confusing with other prevent effects tho) or only preventing damage from creatures or sources you don't control.

DoubleDeck
08-21-2013, 11:04 AM
I think Might of nature is cool for halving damage from spells, but should not apply to damage from enemy magic creatures....

M0rw47h
08-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Fine card. Another reason to play with dispel effects if you can do so.

P.S.
Why its MoN, not broken Avalanche? :rolleyes:

NorsemanXXI
08-21-2013, 01:29 PM
I like the flavor the unique spell brought to the game. I think they are (almost) all fine since you can only use them once. The Darkness and Primal ones are the weakest, I think they deserve a makeover.

About the Might of Nature specifically, I think it's fine how it is. I don't consider it overpowered. The only issue I see is the fact that some Heroes have no way to deal with ongoing spells, this can be seen as a problem but in other hand those Heroes might have other virtues to compensate. For example: When playing Dharmiria's lock vs Malik, having the might of nature early on the table is the best way to try to win that matchup, without it Dhamiria has a really hard time to win against Malik.

To conclude, the spell is fine as it is and shouldn't be every reusable. Heroes that can't deal with ongoing spells can be an issue that might need a response in the future expansions but that is completely debatable, I'm not totally convinced about it.

efikus
08-21-2013, 02:08 PM
I prefer Strenght of the Sea than Might of Nature. For me SotS is better than MoN. Yeah MoN is powerful, but all unique spell is very strong
Every magic school have positive and negative preferences. Without this diversity. MMDoC was very boring game.

ManlyMantonio
08-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Fine card. Another reason to play with dispel effects if you can do so.

P.S.
Why its MoN, not broken Avalanche? :rolleyes:

This is a good point. MoN = well-designed card. Avalanche = annoying/broken card. Let's see some card like Avalanche/Altar of Shadows/Throne of Renewal on the Tuesday card of the week.

ulpsz
08-21-2013, 06:13 PM
the only epic spell I have not got...

xthatwhiteguyx
08-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Hate this card. I don't see how people can even compare it to Forbidden Flame, which is a 1 time use that serves the same purpose as numerous other spells. This spell ends the game against heroes without dispel (or heroes that can't seem to draw their dispel), and that makes it bogus. It is akin to some legendary creatures in MTG, but those often take a very long time to deploy.

SarethITA
08-22-2013, 08:57 AM
c' mon guys how u can say this card is not OP? his effect is absurdly strong, he need some sort of nerf like reducing damage halfed up, and this way will stay a powerfull card. I totally agree with El_Bokutal

DoubleDeck
08-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Aza: Speaking of which, can you put this card into the Pit on Friday? Plllleeeeaaaasssseeee???

aristolholy
08-22-2013, 02:50 PM
well like what i said in many of my post before, this card is clearly OP, people that say this spell is normal and fair i think was using this spell frequently so they dont want a nerf cause this card make them winning, btw u guys (ubi moderator) can see game replay from many matches to see what iam talking about is true or not, the hint to filter the match: high elo zardoc and dmahiria creature

edit: my suggestion for this card:
make it just deal half damage from combat damage, but take normal damage from spell, this way this spell is clearly still being used, but not with a no brainer way likee what this card is being used now: just raise 2 or 3 level of might and then focus to raise 4 magic and cast might of nature around turn 5, no other tactic just focus to cast MoN as fast as possible? what kind of no brainer game is that? is that kind of playing not mean this card was OP?

ManlyMantonio
08-24-2013, 01:21 AM
A Unique spell that can be dispelled (and not recycled!) like this is strong, but not broken. It is true that there are some hero combinations that can't deal with ongoing spells, but that is a problem with game design and needs to be addressed. A card like Forbidden Flame is much stronger, imo, because there is nothing you can do about it since there are no counterspells to combat it.

silentbobus
08-24-2013, 01:32 AM
A Unique spell that can be dispelled (and not recycled!) like this is strong, but not broken. It is true that there are some hero combinations that can't deal with ongoing spells, but that is a problem with game design and needs to be addressed. A card like Forbidden Flame is much stronger, imo, because there is nothing you can do about it since there are no counterspells to combat it.

Having played a lot of matches against Dhamiria and with Dhamiria (the Hero who typically has access to both) I can assure you that Might of Nature is the key card, not Forbidden Flame. Provided you know your opponent is packing Forbidden Flame (or can make an educated guess) you can typically limit it to a +2 creature swing in your opponents favor. Alternatively, if Might of Nature hits and sticks, it is almost certainly game over. Might of Nature covers for the one glaring weakness that most Inferno creatures have, low toughness and Might of Nature also means that any damage based board wipes you or your opponent might do will be one sided.

Might of Nature requires specific cards to play around it, while Forbidden Flame only requires you keep your composure and not overcommit to the board. They are certainly both OP, but Might of Nature is definitely more difficult to deal with. So many Dhamiria/Dhamiria mirror matches work out to who gets down their Might of Nature first I've upped the number of Halls of Amnesia in my deck to 3. I've had plenty of games against Dhamiria where I won after both Forbidden Flame and Doombringer board wipes, I have yet to win after two turns of an opponent's Might of Nature hitting the board.

xthatwhiteguyx
08-27-2013, 02:32 AM
I finally got this spell in my last box (oddly enough, it's the only useful rare I got D: ) and have been using it in a Dhamiria deck since. I think it is unfathomably overpowered; it's fairly simple to prevent its dispelling, too, using forced discarding. The only deck that essentially invalidates a MoN deck is Malik-Atropos cheesing; or another Dhamiria/Zardoc deck that happened to get a better draw.

I mentioned in another thread that I think a good alteration for these unique spells is to have them removed from the game when you control no creatures, like some ongoing spells from the base set. At least then, there would be some kind of light at the end of the tunnel, though still unlikely.

Alir95
08-27-2013, 08:45 AM
This spell is the reason why I like the Haven with their dispells :D

ocean127
08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
This card ability is good and it very strong card but for my option it not OP but if possible add "if you have no creature in play destroy it" would be great for game play.

Serrahphynn
08-31-2013, 08:08 PM
This card is too much unbalanced. it give half dmg from creature and magic resist. This is 2 effect for all creature. such horrible.
the way to make it more balance :
- split in too card, one for magic resist, one for physical dmg. The prob is that it will not protect anymore versus magic dmg from creature the way the game is build. so need to create : dmg from creature protection and dmg from spell/fortune protection.
- make it available for ALL creature on the both side. This is very funny and can be double side card.
- make it last 1 turn only like much ongoing spell/fortune. This will not erase the prob but now you need to put 4 cards in the deck to be efficient.

For my part the 1 one is a good choice, like the second one which give a big advantage for darks spells user (kill w/o dmg).
but the way it is right now even withh dispell i loose much of my games.
Have fun all

Serrahphynn
09-04-2013, 09:01 AM
plus. i noticed that orc bonus is spell resist like the new faction, and nature bonus is combat dmg resist (stone skin). i think the magic resist bonus attached to might of nature is not in the good faction.

MamuzShah
09-04-2013, 04:41 PM
In my opinion, MoN is a bit too strong comparing to the card pool available today.
But, the card is well-designed, and is ok like it is. When creatures with dispel effect or bounce effect will come, the strenght of MoN will fit perfectly.

silentbobus
09-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I recently played a Sandalphon vs Dhamiria match where after the first couple turns I had an empty board with Strength of the Sea in play, while my opponent had an empty board with Might of Nature in play. Neither of us could get rid of the other's unique epic and the MoN completely won the game for my opponent, which he had been losing up until that point.

So it made me wonder if the developers had the answers to the following questions:
1) What percentage of the time is MoN dispelled after it is played?
2) What percentage of the time is dispelling MoN even possible for the person it is played against (based on the Hero matchup)?
3) What percentage of the time does the first person playing MoN win the match?

I think those are the most relevant statistics as to whether MoN is overpowered, and I suspect the win percentage is very high, the dispel percentage very low and that MoN typically gives a strong enough advatage while it is still in play to win the game for the person playing it even after it is dispelled (provided it isn't dispelled immediately)

Durajczyk
09-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Sandalphon is very weak against AOEs of Dhamiria.
But you can win with ultra rush sometimes.
After Earth Grasp and MoN it is over.
Only chance in mid-late game is to make finishing blow with combo wombo.

aristolholy
09-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Sandalphon is very weak against AOEs of Dhamiria.
But you can win with ultra rush sometimes.
After Earth Grasp and MoN it is over.
Only chance in mid-late game is to make finishing blow with combo wombo.

yes rush deck can win against MoN deck, if that rush deck are lucky enough to draw good card and hope that MoN deck not draw any magic peddler or MoN in 4-5 turn, cause most of the time MoN is played as fast as possible, MoN is really unbalanced, rush deck can win against MoN deck, but they can also kill rush deck by playing MoN in turn 4 or 5, and that happen very often, of course rush deck can win in 4 or 5 turn, but that really depend on ur good draw, most of the time in turrn 4 or 5 rush deck can drop oppenent life below 5, but if MoN is played after that, its very very hard to drop oppenent life anymore, even when oppeenent just have 4 life or 5, this is show how unbalanced MoN is

Diodake
09-08-2013, 11:04 PM
If you don't have a dispell (and really, a lot of heroes can't have it) and the card is set up in most cases its gg. Doubling any melee creatures hp isn't really balanced in my opinion.

hitoriken
09-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Might of Nature and Atropos are currently the strongest cards in the game. Any Hero without the ability to dispell it has at most a 2 turn window where they can still win the game. After that the game might as well be over. As for a nerf, my first thought is having it round damage up, rather than down. My second is having at least one damage source that isn't halved. My third is making it so only damage caused by your opponent is halved so that you can't use one-sided Insect Swarms and Earthquakes.

Ideally the first and third nerfs could both be applied. It would still be one of the best cards in the game, but less brokenly so.

I think the same )) +1