PDA

View Full Version : How Assassins Creed 4 can overcome AC3's shortcomings

Pages : [1] 2

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:06 AM
This is a sequel to my what was right and wrong about assassins creed 3 as a lot of people became intrigued with that conversation so check out that one if you would like to put in your two cents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSaqyChZ_E

With the coming of the highly anticipated Assassin's Creed 3 which I practically gave my left arm for it left a sour taste in my mouth. The game took about 5 steps forward and then another 12 steps back. But despite this disappointment it is one out of many successes. So to put my faith once again in the arms of Ubisoft Montreal I will go over why I believe AC4 Black Flag will be awesome by fixing all that was wrong with AC3. Although I cant say anything about an improvement in performance in regards to the AI however. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

The return of AC2 style Roof Running
]http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4city_zps450272c1.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4city_zps450272c1.png.html)

Not only do I have a problem with this but I have heard others say the same thing. In most AC games you spend about 80% of your time on rooftops as it was faster to get around and orient yourself around the world. However this aspect was diminished in AC3 has the cities were more spread and a lot of areas required 200+ steps to get to with no buildings to take you there. This was however an accurate representation of the cities of that time, so not to diminish the cities in AC3. But its nice to see a return of the classic freerunning city experience. After all an assassins has many times been referenced to an eagle, and eagles strike from above.

A New Sleek and Polished Interface
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4interface_zpsd6e66800.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4interface_zpsd6e66800.png.html)

A major gripe I had with AC3 is the interface of the game. Most of the text was small and illegible and this new menu has giant letters that the blindest of gamers couldn't complain about. For those like me who complained about this, this is Ubisoft's way of saying IS THIS BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU??

Improved Eagle Vision
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4eaglevision_zps32154619.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4eaglevision_zps32154619.png.html)

Eagle Vision became more and more innovative the more it was used in AC games, than went it hit AC3 the ability was reverted back to the way it was in AC2 and its usefulness was diminished even more. Unless you were hunting you probably never used this ability. Rather than use it to detect your target in a designated space the game usually told you exactly where they were. The ability to see through walls at marked targets makes eagle vision a vital stealth tactic and also makes stealth easier to pull off.

Underwater Gameplay
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4underwater_zps6c172002.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4underwater_zps6c172002.png.html)

Oh how the AC games have grown. From Altair dying when he fell into water, to Edward deep sea diving, killing sharks and using the depths of the ocean as an alternate entrance to hostile locations.

The Weapon Cross
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4weaponcross_zps7cbb0451.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4weaponcross_zps7cbb0451.png.html)

Thank God for this one! The weapon wheel was fine but the pause screen for switching weapons in AC3 was terrible. Since AC games give you so many weapons to choose from but so little enemies to kill, I like to change weapons on the fly in the midst of battle. I am limited to only four obtions from the directional buttons but if my pistol ran out of shots without reloading and wanted to switch to my bow, I had to basically pause the entire game. Now with this cross, something I commonly see in third person shooters, I have full access to all my tools without having to pause the game at all.

Polished Stealth
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4stealth_zps4c40c73e.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4stealth_zps4c40c73e.png.html)

This one is more of just a guess as the AC3 demo looked fine but when the game hit the shelves stealth was virtually nonexistent. But because the developers put a lot of emphasis on the word stealth I think they got the memo. I hope they put precision on that whistle because it was pretty hit or miss. Atleast I don't have to just sit on a bench and hope someone walks by like in AC2. Hopefully a more reliable whistle will only attract a single guard rather than an entire battalion.

Those Sexy Graphics
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4nextgen_zpse6dca9c3.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4nextgen_zpse6dca9c3.png.html)

Needless to say im going to play this game on next gen as I don't want to experience any graphical issues as ive had my fill in AC3. The next gen consoles help this game express the beauty and large ambition that current gen consoles just couldn't handle. If the game fails in all other aspects, atleast no one can deny that this game is gorgeous.

A Never Before Seen Naval Experience
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4naval_zpsa73f63f0.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4naval_zpsa73f63f0.png.html)

Although the Naval missions had their limitations the fact that they were even there was a spectacle of its own. And now with Black Flag those limitations have been shattered. You can now attack from all sides, board every boat in the game, loot the ships you defeat for various rewards, and seamlessly move between land and see as if hopping in a car in a GTA game. The Naval experiment was a better output than Revelations' tower defense minigame, that it is now a crucial part of the game as a whole. You know Ubisoft didn't intend on making naval missions again had they not received so much praise for it unlike among other things.

Assassination Contracts the way they're supposed to be
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4contract_zps3d4f0461.png (http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/HeavenlyController/media/ac4contract_zps3d4f0461.png.html)

Ever heard if it isn't broken don't fix it? One of the reasons why I loved AC2 and Brotherhood is that even once I've beaten the game and unlocked all of my tools, their were dozens of optional assassination contracts for me to do. In AC3 they were watered down to mere characters to find and kill on the map making it no more fun than courier missions. Other than liberation missions and the main story there wasn't much else left to do in AC3 other than a few checklists involving hunting and crafting which neither drew my attention. This is Assassins Creed. Not Hunters Creed or Crafters Creed. I play this game to assassinate so let me do what the title suggests please. So the contracts are back to the way they should and for that I am grateful.

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 10:09 AM
But..but..but.. its Pirate's Creed now?

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 10:10 AM
What of the story!?

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:11 AM
I agree.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:11 AM
AC III never had any shortcomings..

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Your song is as wrong as it is tired.

it's vey tired.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:14 AM

it's vey tired.
You blame YOUR shortcomings on AC III

ladyleonhart
08-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Wow. I can't wait until we get to ACV. Then it will be: "ACIV was like this... this was wrong. That was wrong."

Well, I guess every game will go through this process.

Personally though, I don't think Eagle Vision in ACIV is an improvement. I'm really looking forward to ACIV, but that's one thing I don't like the look of.

Exactly.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 10:16 AM
You blame YOUR shortcomings on AC III

I'm actually quite tall.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm actually quite tall.
That obviously compensates for something...

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Sigh. Fanboys... fanboys everywhere

Ontopic: The black and blue interface style reminds me of ACR, which is a good thing. Never liked the AC3 snow white interface style that much..

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 10:20 AM
That obviously compensates for something...

And proportionate....

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:21 AM

I have my opinion and you have yours. Its okay that you disagree, but if your to say AC3 had no shortcomings, that would be a blatent, ignorant, self impressionable lie to me and yourself in an attempt to diminish the significance of my opinion. But I hate to disappoint you. Its not working.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:22 AM
I have my opinion and you have yours. Its okay that you disagree, but if your to say AC3 had no shortcomings, that would be a blatent, ignorant, self impressionable lie to me and yourself in an attempt to diminish the significance of my opinion. But I hate to disappoint you. Its not working.
You opinion is diminished with terrible grammar..

Fact, AC III had no short comings...you blame your short comings on AC III...AC III is perfect

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:22 AM

it's vey tired.Indeed.

Wow. I can't wait until we get to ACV. Then it will be: "ACIV was like this... this was wrong. That was wrong."

Well, I guess every game will go through this process.

Personally though, I don't think Eagle Vision in ACIV is an improvement. I'm really looking forward to ACIV, but that's one thing I don't like the look of.

Exactly.Every game has shortcomings, why does every AC3 fan take offence to every bit of AC3/Connor criticism?

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Indeed.

Every game has shortcomings, why does every AC3 fan take offence to every bit of AC3/Connor criticism?
Because there should be no criticism..

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 10:24 AM
10/10 m

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:26 AM
But..but..but.. its Pirate's Creed now?

I choose Pirate over Crafter anyday

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I choose Pirate over Crafter anydayOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

VitaminsXYZ
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM

You'll get used to his sarcasm eventually.

Ever heard if it isn't broken don't fix it? One of the reasons why I loved AC2 and Brotherhood is that even once I've beaten the game and unlocked all of my tools, their were dozens of optional assassination contracts for me to do. In AC3 they were watered down to mere characters to find and kill on the map making it no more fun than courier missions. Other than liberation missions and the main story there wasn't much else left to do in AC3 other than a few checklists involving hunting and crafting which neither drew my attention. This is Assassins Creed. Not Hunters Creed or Crafters Creed. I play this game to assassinate so let me do what the title suggests please. So the contracts are back to the way they should and for that I am grateful.

Wasn't AC3 in development pretty much right after AC2 was released? (If not during.) So it's not like they had much else to base AC3 off of and determine what was "broken" or not.

Anyways, I am glad to see that there are lots of improvements being made. Ambient music for one thing, and the settings are a lot more vibrant. (Not the fault of AC3, I just love tropical settings.) I'm most interested in seeing how the story will go. For once we have a protagonist who's already a married man, and if the Forsaken novel's anything to go by, he should have a daughter at the start, too.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:29 AM
You'll get used to his sarcasm eventually.
Please point these gentlemen to where you bought your sarcasm detector...It`s great

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Crafting brought him memories of school and science class....he hates school

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Do you not remember the reign of blood when all the connor fans brutally murdered every critic who said anything bad about AC3? no matter how small a complaint, they tortured them, killed them and put their bodies on spikes in the streets.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Do you not remember the reign of blood when all the connor fans brutally murdered every critic who said anything bad about AC3? no matter how small a complaint, they tortured them, killed them and put their bodies on spikes in the streets.
and blood shall river the streets once again...you imperfect beings cannot comprehend perfection

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Do you not remember the reign of blood when all the connor fans brutally murdered every critic who said anything bad about AC3? no matter how small a complaint, they tortured them, killed them and put their bodies on spikes in the streets.It's still happening, I actually like AC3/Connor much less because of it.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:33 AM
It's still happening, I actually like AC3/Connor much less because of it.
I have seen Lions eating men...I hate all animals

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:35 AM
I have seen Lions eating men...I hate all animalsWell that was a bad metaphor, what you should have said is "I saw a lion run, now anyone who thinks a tiger runs better is an idiot and shall die".

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Well that was a bad metaphor, what you should have said is "I saw a lion run, now anyone who thinks a tiger runs better is an idiot and shall die".
If I think the Lion runs better and you think else, then you deserve to die

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 10:37 AM
I have seen Lions eating men...I hate all animals

You actually saw that?

VitaminsXYZ
08-20-2013, 10:37 AM
It's still happening, I actually like AC3/Connor much less because of it.

Aside from a few posters here (and maybe across some other message boards), I've honestly only seen this happen on tumblr. And it's preaching to the choir there anyways, as only Connor fans would bother going through his tags.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:38 AM
You actually saw that?
Yes, and as a result I hate all humans, because this weak man let the lion eat him...

itsamea-mario
Aside from a few posters here (and maybe across some other message boards), I've honestly only seen this happen on tumblr. And it's preaching to the choir there anyways, as only Connor fans would bother going through his tags.

Tumblr is a plague.

roostersrule2
If I think the Lion runs better and you think else, then you deserve to dieCan't die, Bane hasn't given permission yet as Gotham is still doing alright.

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Fact, AC III had no short comings...you blame your short comings on AC III...AC III is perfect

hahahahahahaha perfect? Find a company that gave it a perfect score and maybe your words will have some merit.

ladyleonhart
08-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Indeed.

Every game has shortcomings, why does every AC3 fan take offence to every bit of AC3/Connor criticism?

I know that. There were some aspects that could've been implemented better, as in everything. I never said ACIII was perfect. IMO the game actually outweighed the shortcomings even if there were some. I've actually discussed the shortcomings several times with Pacmanate and LoyalACFan among others, and I'm happy to discuss things. Then, I'm not offended at all. I'm just surprised at how many threads keep criticising ACIII lately. I just think we've established everything by now.

Also, I like Altair too. Aveline was great too. The gameplay and story is my top priority. I was just able to empathise with Connor more. So, I don't see why you have to keep labelling me a "Connor fan." Was it because I wanted a sequel...? Well, I'm sure Ubisoft would be happy that I appreciated their efforts. Some people couldn't accept that of course and made me feel like that was wrong. You don't have to accept my opinion. I just agreed with M, because ACIII is one of my favourites... that was all. No hidden meaning. I wasn't trying to start an argument. Maybe you're just being too sensitive about it this time.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:40 AM
hahahahahahaha perfect? Find a company that gave it a perfect score and maybe your words will have some merit.He's toying with you but I think 1 or 2 gave it a 10, a lot less then AC2 got.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:41 AM
hahahahahahaha perfect? Find a company that gave it a perfect score and maybe your words will have some merit.
http://gyazo.com/e423df0b6b289eafb5b6fb0e79cc41f7.png
suck it

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:42 AM
He's toying with you but I think 1 or 2 gave it a 10, a lot less then AC2 got.
AC II got only 2 perfect scores as well....you suck it too...at the same time as he does

VitaminsXYZ
08-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Please point these gentlemen to where you bought your sarcasm detector...It`s great

At the local hardware store. I had to give it a few upgrades though, but after a few all-nighters it's looking better than ever.

Here sir, I'll let you borrow mine. Make sure you turn the dial to the "M" setting just in case.

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Yes, and as a result I hate all humans, because this weak man let the lion eat him...

I thought you said you hate animals?

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 10:45 AM
My sarcasm detector is going off the charts.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:45 AM
At the local hardware store. I had to give it a few upgrades though, but after a few all-nighters it's looking better than ever.

Here sir, I'll let you borrow mine. Make sure you turn the dial to the "M" setting just in case.
Oh god, I hope this works...(although I kinda wish this goes on a bit longer)

My sarcasm detector is going off the charts.
you`re doing it right

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I know that. There were some aspects that could've been implemented better, as in everything. I never said ACIII was perfect. IMO the game actually outweighed the shortcomings even if there were some. I've actually discussed the shortcomings several times with Pacmanate and LoyalACFan among others, and I'm happy to discuss things. Then, I'm not offended at all. I'm just surprised at how many threads keep criticising ACIII lately. I just think we've established everything by now.

Also, I like Altair too. Aveline was great too. The gameplay and story is my top priority. I was just able to empathise with Connor more. So, I don't see why you have to keep labelling me a "Connor fan." Was it because I wanted a sequel...? Well, I'm sure Ubisoft would be happy that I appreciated their efforts. Some people couldn't accept that of course and made me feel like that was wrong. You don't have to accept my opinion. I just agreed with M, because ACIII is one of my favourites... that was all. No hidden meaning. I wasn't trying to start an argument. Maybe you're just being too sensitive about it this time.

I might have given the wrong impression. I do like AC3. I play it til this day. I wouldn't bother to rant about it if I didn't care.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:46 AM

Also, I like Altair too. Aveline was great too. The gameplay and story is my top priority. I was just able to empathise with Connor more. So, I don't see why you have to keep labelling me a "Connor fan." Was it because I wanted a sequel...? Well, I'm sure Ubisoft would be happy that I appreciated their efforts. Some people couldn't accept that of course and made me feel like that was wrong. You don't have to accept my opinion. I just agreed with M, because ACIII is one of my favourites... that was all. No hidden meaning. I wasn't trying to start an argument. Maybe you're just being too sensitive about it this time.There were a lot of aspects that could of been implemented better, the only aspects that were presented properly were the Homestead and Naval missions, even the story was poorly implemented. The number of threads/posts that are about how Connor is hard done by and AC3 is not as bad as you think far out weight the ones about AC3 being crap.

Well you are a Connor fan as you are a fan of Connor. I never said there was a hidden meaning or that you were trying to start an argument, I'm just saying that every AC3/Connor fan takes offence to any negativity about AC3/Connor, your post right now proves that.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 10:47 AM
I thought you said you hate animals?

Humans are animals, filthy stinking animals.

Carmiel
http://gyazo.com/e423df0b6b289eafb5b6fb0e79cc41f7.png
suck it

I said a 10 not a 5, But I appreciate the effort.

roostersrule2
AC II got only 2 perfect scores as well....you suck it too...at the same time as he doesYou count 2 shots? I count 7 guns *****!!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-ii/critic-reviews

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I said a 10 not a 5, But I appreciate the effort.
nope, you only said a perfect score..5/5 is a perfect score....turning tail now?? I HAS WON

You count 2 shots? I count 7 guns *****!!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-ii/critic-reviews
photoshop

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:50 AM
nope, you only said a perfect score..5/5 is a perfect score....turning tail now?? I HAS WON

photoshop

You has one? And you said I have bad grammar smh

roostersrule2
photoshoplololololol I win u lose lololololololoolololol

ladyleonhart
I might have given the wrong impression. I do like AC3. I play it til this day. I wouldn't bother to rant about it if I didn't care.

That's okay. :) It really wasn't aimed at you. Thanks for explaining though. It's just that one time it got so out of hand and people were just being cruel to one another. Discussion is great, if it's done right.

Anyway, I completely understand you wanting improvements in the next games and, of course, I want that too. :) Then, I really don't want it to be worse than previous instalments.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:51 AM
You has one? And you said I have bad grammar smh
I have za best grammer zen you smh <---- that means i`m an internet badass

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
lololololol I win u lose lololololololoolololol
i LET you win...you appease a crying baby with a pacifier..

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
I have za best grammer zen you smh <---- that means i`m an internet badassAlso means you're a fgt

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:53 AM
i LET you win...you appease a crying baby with a pacifier..Nope u lose lolololololol hahaha connor killed his dad what a psycho sick twisted freak

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:54 AM
I have a question. Why didn't Connor need medicine. He just regenerates like magic.

Assassin_M
I have a question. Why didn't Connor need medicine. He just regenerates like magic.
Better than Ezio...

roostersrule2
I have a question. Why didn't Connor need medicine. He just regenerates like magic.It's because he's FABULOUS!!!!

ladyleonhart
08-20-2013, 10:58 AM
There were a lot of aspects that could of been implemented better, the only aspects that were presented properly were the Homestead and Naval missions, even the story was poorly implemented. The number of threads/posts that are about how Connor is hard done by and AC3 is not as bad as you think far out weight the ones about AC3 being crap.

Well you are a Connor fan as you are a fan of Connor. I never said there was a hidden meaning or that you were trying to start an argument, I'm just saying that every AC3/Connor fan takes offence to any negativity about AC3/Connor, your post right now proves that.

It doesn't prove anything. It was YOUR reaction to my post. You said I couldn't take criticism, but I can. I didn't make it, I just enjoyed playing it. What's wrong with that? Then, you could have just asked me why I made that comment in the first place and we could've discussed it, but... NO. You had to reply with something like: "Oh, I really don't understand these Connor fans." So, I've actually started to think that maybe you just enjoy provoking me.

ladyleonhart
08-20-2013, 11:02 AM

I don't have an answer for that except that... it's a video game. :p

Seriously though, I think it was changed because people didn't like it in earlier AC games. Then they were trying to get the balance right.

Also, about that, you do know that Edward is also going to regenerate his health in ACIV too...? Then, Ashraf has said it will do so outside of battle, but, yeah, it's still regeneration. Also, I think he stated somewhere that it's the most balanced way, regarding health and combat, that they've implemented so far.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 11:04 AM

Happened in AC1, it wasn't health after all, but synchronisation.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 11:04 AM
It doesn't prove anything. It was YOUR reaction to my post. You said I couldn't take criticism, but I can. I didn't make it, I just enjoyed playing it. What's wrong with that? Then, you could have just asked me why I made that comment in the first place and we could've discussed it, but... NO. You had to reply with something like: "Oh, I really don't understand these Connor fans." So, I've actually started to think that maybe you just enjoy provoking me.You obviously can't take criticism your reactions to Connor hate in other threads is proof of that. You also said some aspects were implemented poorly, I just went into that in more detail, saying why I think AC3 is the lesser game. Also I'm not provoking you at all, we are having a discussion but because in this discussion AC3 is getting criticised you are taking it to (ladyleon) heart and again proving that AC3/Connor fans are over sensitive and take offence to any AC3/Connor criticism.

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Better than Ezio...

Is that why he doesn't get a parachute, cant control an apple of eden, doesn't get any women, has no hidden gun and cant fly Leonardo's glider?

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Is that why he doesn't get a parachute
Yeah, he instead gets a Ship...

cant control an apple of eden
He was the only one who actually showed restraint and let it sink into the ocean as quickly as possible.

doesn't get any women
Dobby and Ellen have a crush on him...not to mention his future wife...don`t see how that makes someone better, though..

has no hidden gun
there`s a reason why that gun was hidden...it was small and insignificant..

and cant fly Leonardo's glider?
Ezio crashed without fire...like Connor

VitaminsXYZ
08-20-2013, 11:12 AM
You obviously can't take criticism your reactions to Connor hate in other threads is proof of that. You also said some aspects were implemented poorly, I just went into that in more detail, saying why I think AC3 is the lesser game. Also I'm not provoking you at all, we are having a discussion but because in this discussion AC3 is getting criticised you are taking it to (ladyleon) heart and again proving that AC3/Connor fans are over sensitive and take offence to any AC3/Connor criticism.

She hardly represents every AC3/Connor fan out there...

And I've said this already before, but I really only see this "sensitivity" on tumblr. And what they think/write in their blog posts hardly affects anyone outside of it.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 11:14 AM
She hardly represents every AC3/Connor fan out there...

And I've said this already before, but I really only see this "sensitivity" on tumblr. And what they think/write in their blog posts hardly affects anyone outside of it.They represent themselves, as annoying and sensitive.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:16 AM
They represent themselves, as annoying and sensitive.
I don`t think they care how you view them...

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 11:18 AM

Oh they quite clearly do.

silvermercy
We actually think they're *********s so it's balanced. :)

roostersrule2
I don`t think they care how you view them...Ha!

VitaminsXYZ
08-20-2013, 11:19 AM
They represent themselves, as annoying and sensitive.

Which can be applied to every "annoying" fan, whether they're sensitive Connor fans or hardcore Ezio fans.

(And none of this is directed at you, ladyleonhart. I'm just generalizing here.)

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Oh they quite clearly do.
defending themselves does not really count as care, though....changing perhaps does...trying to be "marioandrooster-template AC fans" means that they care what you think...but they don`t...they don`t change....because you`re insecure...everyone of you is insecure...pointing fingers...trying to keep eyes away from your short comings...all of you....you`re all nothing

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah, he instead gets a Ship...

He was the only one who actually showed restraint and let it sink into the ocean as quickly as possible.

Dobby and Ellen have a crush on him...not to mention his future wife...don`t see how that makes someone better, though..

there`s a reason why that gun was hidden...it was small and insignificant..

Ezio crashed without fire...like Connor

Victoria a la Assassini! Beat that.

alitampouras
08-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Well i think you forgot or left out, the boring and unsattisfying combat/fight mode in AC3 (maybe in all AC games- as they progressed fight was the easy thing to do)
Ok especially Ac3 , the fight system was so boring and involved actually ZERO Skill!!! at least if the counterattack technique involved the direction of the analog for accuracy. Only the killstreak required some kind of skill in the sense that you had to direct the next skill but it also comes down to luck , as to where the foes are aligned. (and this only part is not even comprehensible or informative enough iin order to pursue such streaks)
The worst part of it , its that it makes the open world so unsattisfying and repetitive. And even worse the fact that most scripted story main and side missions involved this fight system. especially liberation). Even though cinematically glorious... it had no value in killing a million foes (even jaggers) without even dying. Only a 5 year old would be proud of killing foes in AC3.Maybe the dual sword wielding will in BLACK FLAG will require some skill or coordination , and not just counter/attack/ counter/break defence/attack (yeah thats it :/ )
maybe in AC4 In order to kill two foes in the same time you ll have to coordinate the two analog sticks to achieve simultaneous kills. The free aiming in AC 4 is a small promise , lets hope pray , cross our fingers that the fight system will be sattisfying and rewarding. after all its all that we are left with when we dont want to progress the game or have completed it to 100%

This whole cinematic approach goes also for free running climbing and of course hunting. just press the button ... and you are it the greatest hunter of all times. even predators became so easy after a number of repetitions. The harpooning system *(which is our only clue , combined with the free aiming.) might suggest that the hunting has become a bit more difficult. cross fingers, pray hope and wait... for this too.

same goes for free running. i bet no one managed to do the glorious escapes and hides the ac3 trailers suggested... even running was awfull (except the frontier was a bit fresh and fun) what happened to the side jumps while running vertically on the walls like the in the buildings glorious missions of ezio (like in churches etc or Romulus lairs) i was hoping back then that they would incorporate those hard parts of the missions in the free open world,)

and i d like to say somethings from ac REVELATIONS. which in my oppinion where good and could have been worked more and expanded .
1) the multiplayer kind of feeling..with the killer that was assigned to kill ezio . you HEARD them glorious whispers and had to be carefull to sneak on him. i really hoped they worked on that. why not , while walking in the crowds one of them is a killer that is after you and you will have to be alert to spot him??
2) the fact that the forts(dens actually) could be retaken from the foes. that gave a bit more value to the enjoyment of the game. (maybe den defence was not perceived well but still way better than sending your recruits on missions) . why not making naval combats on that format... (for fort recapturing a strategic naval battle) firing with
commands , alligning your ships. etc ..At least the fact that forts dens districts are retakeable gives a whole new meaning to the game and could add to the level of difficulty.
3) the bombs system , even though a bit complex and way too many options... i think it was a much more diverse option of dealing with guards , especially the decoy bomb gave you options on where to send the guards etc. and this is my worry with THE BLOWDART.. it is going to be our only OBVIOUS option to distract guards.
4) the hook blade ...what happened to that?
5) the eagle vision was pretty nice there too..(seeing the routes of patrols etc)

p.s the only thing i liked in AC3 ..was the trip mines... hearing the drummer say... '' can you kill us all with one trip mine? pam pam pam ram pam pam ram pam pam

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 11:22 AM
He Assassin_M im making a new post soon I want you to read it when I do and give your opinion.

itsamea-mario
defending themselves does not really count as care, though....changing perhaps does...trying to be "marioandrooster-template AC fans" means that they care what you think...but they don`t...they don`t change....because you`re insecure...everyone of you is insecure...pointing fingers...trying to keep eyes away from your short comings...all of you....you`re all nothing

"Marioandrooster", he's nothing like me, how dare you, how could you insult the poor lad like that?

Assassin_M
He Assassin_M im making a new post soon I want you to read it when I do and give your opinion.
Sure:)

roostersrule2
Which can be applied to every "annoying" fan, whether they're sensitive Connor fans or hardcore Ezio fans.

(And none of this is directed at you, ladyleonhart. I'm just generalizing here.)Oh I know.

defending themselves does not really count as care, though....changing perhaps does...trying to be "marioandrooster-template AC fans" means that they care what you think..Not really, reactions should suffice as proof that they care.

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
At least play the game before you make a judgement, is all I'm gonna say.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
"Marioandrooster", he's nothing like me, how dare you, how could you insult the poor lad like that?And you're nothing like me, how dare he insult you like that.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Not really, reactions should suffice as proof that they care.
In your little world, perhaps...

itsamea-mario
Well i think you forgot or left out, the boring and unsattisfying combat/fight mode in AC3 (maybe in all AC games- as they progressed fight was the easy thing to do)
Ok especially Ac3 , the fight system was so boring and involved actually ZERO Skill!!! at least if the counterattack technique involved the direction of the analog for accuracy. Only the killstreak required some kind of skill in the sense that you had to direct the next skill but it also comes down to luck , as to where the foes are aligned. (and this only part is not even comprehensible or informative enough iin order to pursue such streaks)
The worst part of it , its that it makes the open world so unsattisfying and repetitive. And even worse the fact that most scripted story main and side missions involved this fight system. especially liberation). Even though cinematically glorious... it had no value in killing a million foes (even jaggers) without even dying. Only a 5 year old would be proud of killing foes in AC3.Maybe the dual sword wielding will in BLACK FLAG will require some skill or coordination , and not just counter/attack/ counter/break defence/attack (yeah thats it :/ )
maybe in AC4 In order to kill two foes in the same time you ll have to coordinate the two analog sticks to achieve simultaneous kills. The free aiming in AC 4 is a small promise , lets hope pray , cross our fingers that the fight system will be sattisfying and rewarding. after all its all that we are left with when we dont want to progress the game or have completed it to 100%

This whole cinematic approach goes also for free running climbing and of course hunting. just press the button ... and you are it the greatest hunter of all times. even predators became so easy after a number of repetitions. The harpooning system *(which is our only clue , combined with the free aiming.) might suggest that the hunting has become a bit more difficult. cross fingers, pray hope and wait... for this too.

same goes for free running. i bet no one managed to do the glorious escapes and hides the ac3 trailers suggested... even running was awfull (except the frontier was a bit fresh and fun) what happened to the side jumps while running vertically on the walls like the in the buildings glorious missions of ezio (like in churches etc or Romulus lairs) i was hoping back then that they would incorporate those hard parts of the missions in the free open world,)

and i d like to say somethings from ac REVELATIONS. which in my oppinion where good and could have been worked more and expanded .
1) the multiplayer kind of feeling..with the killer that was assigned to kill ezio . you HEARD them glorious whispers and had to be carefull to sneak on him. i really hoped they worked on that. why not , while walking in the crowds one of them is a killer that is after you and you will have to be alert to spot him??
2) the fact that the forts(dens actually) could be retaken from the foes. that gave a bit more value to the enjoyment of the game. (maybe den defence was not perceived well but still way better than sending your recruits on missions) . why not making naval combats on that format... (for fort recapturing a strategic naval battle) firing with
commands , alligning your ships. etc ..At least the fact that forts dens districts are retakeable gives a whole new meaning to the game and could add to the level of difficulty.
3) the bombs system , even though a bit complex and way too many options... i think it was a much more diverse option of dealing with guards , especially the decoy bomb gave you options on where to send the guards etc. and this is my worry with THE BLOWDART.. it is going to be our only OBVIOUS option to distract guards.
5) the eagle vision was pretty nice there too..(seeing the routes of patrols etc)

p.s the only thing i liked in AC3 ..was the trip mines... hearing the drummer say... '' can you kill us all with one trip mine? pam pam pam ram pam pam ram pam pam

Don't be silly, your obviously wrong, didn't you know AC3 is perfection given form?

That was sarcasm.

Revelations was bad though.

silvermercy
defending themselves does not really count as care, though....

Exactly. The more bashing a character gets, the more defensive his fans will get. It should be quite obvious...
And at least the fans are expected to spend this energy, doesn't explain the energy his haters consume on hating. It's a bit... illogical if you think it this way.

roostersrule2
At least play the game before you make a judgement, is all I'm gonna say.I think most of us here have played it.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Don't be silly, your obviously wrong, didn't you know AC3 is perfection given form?
Wtf are you on about?? AC III sucked and starred Boringhankateoton

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 11:25 AM
In your little world, perhaps...Why did you even reply if you didn't care, hmm?

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 11:26 AM

I agreed with just about everything you said. Btw the naval forts you mentioned. That's in AC4 :)

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Why did you even reply if you didn't care, hmm?
Of course I care..I care when a little bug climbs my leg...I SQUASH IT and make sure it`s DEAD and then I revel in its intestines...all the yellow, slimey intestines..

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Ezio got a shizz load of hate, yet his fans weren't so sad and patheitically militant about it.

And no, it's not because connor was worth defending, i just know one of you would say that.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Ezio got a shizz load of hate, yet his fans weren't so sad and patheitically militant about it.

And no, it's not because connor was worth defending, i just know one of you would say that.
Connor > Ezio

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Connor > Ezio

Me>Everyone

Ain't opinions fab!

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Of course I care..I care when a little bug climbs my leg...I SQUASH IT and make sure it`s DEAD and then I revel in its intestines...all the yellow, slimey intestines..I'm calling PETA

silvermercy
08-20-2013, 11:30 AM

Ezio never got as much hate as Connor. Fact. The constant facebook comments of "Ezio is God" and the "Greatest Assassin of ALL" prove it.

Assassin_M
Me>Everyone

Ain't opinions fab!
make sure you sit on top....right on top of everyone...sit and take it allll in

roostersrule2
Connor > EzioDesmond>Connor

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Why are we focusing on AC3 right now instead of Black Flag and the games to come?

The devs have already gathered all of the complaints you voiced so this topic is essentially useless.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
The constant facebook comments of "Ezio is God" and the "Greatest Assassin of ALL" prove he really is the greatest and whatnot.For once I agree

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 11:32 AM
I think most of us here have played it.
Which is surprising. lol.

Connor > Ezio
Agreed.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Desmond>Connor
That`s what she said..

silvermercy
08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
For once I agree
You edited my post, you silly Ezio fanboy! :)

Sneaky tactics they have dem Ezio fans...

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
For once I agree
Silver....read the quote....carefully...

EDIT: oh good, she did xD

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Man, Black_Widow sure is going to be disappointed :/

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 11:35 AM
http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/telling+someone+else+they+started+a+spiderman+thre ad+wrong+amp+_e09cd70909cd919be9f53602b241ae91.jpg

roostersrule2
Man, Black_Widow sure is going to be disappointed :/It's October 30th all over again

silvermercy
Silver....read the quote....carefully...

EDIT: oh good, she did xD

I have learned to be extra vigilant around here. :p

alitampouras
I agreed with just about everything you said. Btw the naval forts you mentioned. That's in AC4 :)

but they said forts once taken cannot be retaken by foes . they might allow reset with a future dlc they said. wouldn it be great if forts could be retaken? it would be a way to consume some of the ever ecxpanding guild/crew members or ships of our fleet, in acR den defence kind of way if they cannot make an actual live fort defence!

do we have any indications or rumours about the fight system??

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 11:36 AM
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Spiderman+thread+go+_bbbc4e24abd143805275166743e14 153.jpg

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:36 AM
do we have any indications or rumours about the fight system??
Same as AC III...all cry

alitampouras
08-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Same as AC III...all cry

:nonchalance::( oh no... they didnt get that memo then!!

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 11:40 AM
:nonchalance::( oh no... they didnt get that memo then!!
maybe they did and IGNORED IT

no, seriously I dunno xD

though I do share your sentiment in the lack of improvements for combat

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 11:41 AM
http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Did+someone+say+spider+man+thread+_be7c99d519c42c5 688abdc4c880df6b0.jpg

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Maybe because the majority of people liked the new combat myself included

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Maybe because the majority of people liked the new combat myself included
I liked the new combat as well...It took the right direction imo. I love Arkham city, but combat in AC III is still too simple and easy :/

alitampouras
08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
well its nice and easy! but open world wise its just unsattisfying. once you get it no skill required whatsoever... only the cinematics of the combat make it interresting

shobhit7777777
08-20-2013, 12:51 PM
*drinks*

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 12:53 PM
*drinks*
You have some me inside of you now...

ladyleonhart
08-20-2013, 01:28 PM
You obviously can't take criticism your reactions to Connor hate in other threads is proof of that. You also said some aspects were implemented poorly, I just went into that in more detail, saying why I think AC3 is the lesser game. Also I'm not provoking you at all, we are having a discussion but because in this discussion AC3 is getting criticised you are taking it to (ladyleon) heart and again proving that AC3/Connor fans are over sensitive and take offence to any AC3/Connor criticism.

No, I am not being sensitive about your criticism of ACIII. You started this whole thing. Also, I never said you were wrong in your previous post all. I was referring to you. In previous threads, maybe I did take it to heart, but I try to be open-minded, but the fact is in the previous threads, no one was actually discussing anything at least not with actual evidence. Besides, why are you still judging me from previous threads? At that time, you didnít provide constructive criticism either.

Also, the fact that you think it is just about Connor... you're wrong. That's just the most recent AC game. I'm expecting to love ACIV too. SoÖ don't you worry, I'll most likely disagree if people don't like it without a constructive argument as well. Just to clarify that will be my opinion just as I have an opinion on ACIII. I thought you were allowed opinions on a discussion forum. Well, maybe I got that wrong.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 01:31 PM
No, I am not being sensitive about your criticism of ACIII. You started this whole thing. Also, I never said you were wrong in your previous post all. I was referring to you. In previous threads, maybe I did take it to heart, but I try to be open-minded, but the fact is in the previous threads, no one was actually discussing anything at least not with actual evidence. Besides, why are you still judging me from previous threads? At that time, you didn’t provide constructive criticism either.

Also, the fact that you think it is just about Connor... you're wrong. That's just the most recent AC game. I'm expecting to love ACIV too. So… don't you worry, I'll most likely disagree if people don't like it without a constructive argument as well. Just to clarify that will be my opinion just as I have an opinion on ACIII. I thought you were allowed opinions on a discussion forum. Well, maybe I got that wrong.**** we're still going? I only had to read the first line to know you're being sensitive again, otherwise you wouldn't have posted, 2 hours after it'd stopped.

ladyleonhart
08-20-2013, 01:39 PM
**** we're still going? I only had to read the first line to know you're being sensitive again, otherwise you wouldn't have posted, 2 hours after it'd stopped.

Actually, the reason for my delay was a power cut. I just don't like you assuming things about me and judging me. That's all.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Actually, the reason for my delay was a power cut. I just don't like you assuming things about me and judging me. That's all.

I assume you're silly, and a judge you as such. silly.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Actually, the reason for my delay was a power cut. I just don't like you assuming things about me and judging me. That's all.It had stopped though, you are rekindling it. I will now assume and judge you even more.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 01:44 PM
http://www.wordsfromtheherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/judge.jpg

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 01:50 PM
don't worry, rooster has been being a jerk recently for no reason

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 01:51 PM
don't worry, rooster has been being a jerk recently for no reasonAnd I'm the jerk?

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 01:52 PM
i'm a jerk, yes...

doesn't mean you're not.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 01:56 PM
i'm a jerk, yes...

doesn't mean you're not.I said one thing to you that was jerkish, then you said I was being a jerk so I deliberately started doing it. Now today the one time I do to them what's been happening to us for the weeks and I'm the jerk etc.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 01:56 PM
What about me, surely i too am being a jerk?

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 01:57 PM
I said one thing to you that was jerkish, then you said I was being a jerk so I deliberately started doing it. Now today the one time I do to them what's been happening to us for the weeks and I'm the jerk etc.
waaaaaa waaaa the mean Connor fans rustled my jimmies, so i`m payin dem back hmm...waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 01:58 PM
I said one thing to you that was jerkish, then you said I was being a jerk so I deliberately started doing it. Now today the one time I do to them what's been happening to us for the weeks and I'm the jerk etc.

which makes you a jerk, yes..

also, who's us?

We don't have sides on the forum.. or we shouldn't anyway..

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 01:59 PM

also, who's us?

We don't have sides on the forum.. or we shouldn't anyway..Read the above comment

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
waaaaaa waaaa the mean Connor fans rustled my jimmies, so i`m payin dem back hmm...waaaaaaaaaaaaa3 games

Jexx21
that doesn't answer any of my questions.

itsamea-mario

also, who's us?

We don't have sides on the forum.. or we shouldn't anyway..

The side of good! Of the light!
Our rigteous fury shall reign down on all those who hide in the shadows serving the dark, ours is the one true path, to salvation, to peace, TO THE LIGHT!

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:03 PM
that doesn't answer any of my questions.
He`s trying to sound smart

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Well, you said no sides, the "connor fans" mainly those who frequent Tumblr seem to have fashioned themselves into a faction.

And i'm clearly one of "troll" team.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:05 PM
He`s trying to sound smartI'm explaining myself through examples, you were an example.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm explaining myself through examples, you were an example.
Oh sorry, then my bad..

trying to sound smart and.....failing

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh sorry, then my bad..

trying to sound smart and.....failingWell since you were the example, you were the fail.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh sorry, then my bad..

trying to sound smart and.....failing

I would argue with you, but i refuse to enter a battle of wits with an un armed man.

See i can do suedo-intellectual insults too.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Well since you were the example, you were the fail.
Yes, I agree...i`m a failed example for your explanation..

Like trying to explain why the earth isn't flat by making the fridge an example...the fridge is a fail example at how the earth isn't flat

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:11 PM
I would argue with you, but i refuse to enter a battle of wits with an un armed man.

See i can do suedo-intellectual insults too.
I`m a Queen

ACfan443

I genuinely cannot tell if you're trolling/being sarcastic..

Jexx21
nevermind, this is just a forum full of stubborn people (including me, by the way)

itsamea-mario
I like what we did to this thread.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Yes, I agree...i`m a failed example for your explanation..

Like trying to explain why the earth isn't flat by making the fridge an example...the fridge is a fail example at how the earth isn't flatNo he said there aren't sides on the forum, the simple mention of Connor fan should have done it.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I genuinely cannot tell if you're trolling/being sarcastic..
You don`t think AC III is perfect?? >:O

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:13 PM
No he said there aren't sides on the forum, the simple mention of Connor fan should have done it.
I`m a still a failed example..

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:14 PM
breasts and titties

ACfan443
You don`t think AC III is perfect?? >:O

I can dish sarcasm, but I'm terrible at picking it up. I think you're being sarcastic

roostersrule2
I`m a still a failed example..We know

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:15 PM
I can dish sarcasm, but I'm terrible at picking it up. I think you're being sarcastic
Slightly right...aaaaand...it`s UP..his sarcasm detector is up and running again...want some buns??

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
We know
I`m a failed example of YOUR explanation..

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
*** and titties

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
I`m a failed example of YOUR explanation..You can't help it, we understand, you'll get there.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
***** and ******

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
You can't help it, we understand, you'll get there.
U mad?

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
poles and dancers

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
U mad?There it is

ACfan443
08-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Slightly right...aaaaand...it`s UP..his sarcasm detector is up and running again...want some buns??

My sarcasm detector has missing parts, it will never run normally

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:25 PM
My sarcasm detector has missing parts, it will never run normally
It works with what it has....at least it`s there...

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
It works with what it has....at least it`s there...Yours isn't doing to well is it?

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Yours isn't doing to well is it?
It is actually..

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
It is actually..Is it? Is it really?

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Is it? Is it really?
yup..been doing pretty well so far too...

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:33 PM
yup..been doing pretty well so far too...I don't think so

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think so
You don`t matter

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:35 PM
You don`t matterHahahahahahaa you thought I was serious hahahaha, I'd call you Batman but you're not worthy lololololololoolololololol

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 02:35 PM
I like what we did to this thread.

hahahahahaha! We're a pretty sad bunch of people :p

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Hahahahahahaa you thought I was serious hahahaha, I'd call you Batman but you're not worthy lololololololoolololololol
I`m still a queen ruling over a bunch of beasants..

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
I`m still a queen ruling over a bunch of beasants..You're dead to me

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
You're dead to me
but I told you...you don`t matter

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:43 PM
but I told you...you don`t matterI don't dark matter.

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm just now noticing the pink heart near Edward's nipple.

teh horror

Jexx21
i'm a pinky figure

Assassin_M
I'm just now noticing the pink heart near Edward's nipple.

teh horror
there`s also a funny design near his crotch..

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:45 PM
there`s also a funny design near his crotch..That's a *****

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:46 PM
That's a *****
Good eye...suck it

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:46 PM
it says music

i am the dreamer who dreams of pretty raindbows and subflower

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Good eye...suck itSomeone's past their bed time

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:47 PM
lol

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Someone's past their bed time
bedtimes are so 80s

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
That's a *****

hahahahaha you walked right into it xDDDDD

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I think i should report M for the indecent image.

roostersrule2
bedtimes are so 80sM eat a snickers...

hahahahaha you walked right into it xDDDDDIt's better then walking right onto it...

Jexx21
you guys remember when sith blew his load at lady?

Assassin_M
I think i should report M for the indecent image.
Would you kindly??? D:

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:51 PM
you guys remember when sith blew his load at lady?I cannot, I remember you mentioning it but I never read the thread.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:51 PM
his load got all over the place

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
How dirty is the thread title, especially because Edward is a sex god.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Would you kindly??? D:

I would, i really would, it is more tha annoying, however, snitches get stitches.

Rooster, report M for indecent images.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:53 PM
I would, i really would, it is more tha annoying, however, sitches get stitches.

Rooster, report M for indecent images.No

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I would, i really would, it is more tha annoying, however, sitches get stitches.

Rooster, report M for indecent images.
what are sitches

are they some sort of sex pocket?

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 02:57 PM
you guys remember when sith blew his load at lady?

bahahahahahahah!

"So I got pissed off at her, and blew my load"

Or something like that lawl

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
bahahahahahahah!

Or something like that lawlHAHAHAHAAHAHA what thread is this hahaha?

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
bahahahahahahah!

Or something like that lawl

I do that all the time.

ACfan443
08-20-2013, 03:00 PM
That was actually a well put together opening post, and it's a shame where the thread's ended up.

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 03:01 PM
HAHAHAHAAHAHA what thread is this hahaha?

One of Jexx's Connor threads I think..

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 03:01 PM
One of Jexx's Connor threads I think..I will find it, and I will read it.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 03:02 PM
That was actually a well put together opening post, and it's a shame where the thread's ended up.
You know what`s funny?? I was actually preparing a reply to his post..it was pretty big one and It was a start for something good, but my browser crashed and it didn't auto-save...ALLL the work gone...so I said feck it...that`s irresponsible I know :|

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 03:03 PM
I had one connor thread I think

ACfan443
08-20-2013, 03:04 PM
You know what`s funny?? I was actually preparing a reply to his post..it was pretty big one and It was a start for something good, but my browser crashed and it didn't auto-save...ALLL the work gone...so I said feck it...that`s irresponsible I know :|

I just saw 18 pages and thought, this thread will be an interesting read...
it was interesting alright :p

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I just saw 18 pages and thought, this thread will be an interesting read...
it was interesting alright :pI had fun hehe

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 03:08 PM

It was pointless though because it was just a grouping together of all of the info we already had with a biased topic title.

ACfan443
08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
It was pointless though because it was just a grouping together of all of the info we already had with a biased topic title.

How is the thread title biased? What else could it possible say? Given the contents of the thread, it's completely appropriate and fitting.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Because not everyone agrees upon the shortcomings of AC3 and the topic just grouped together a bunch of info we already knew.

Sushiglutton
08-20-2013, 08:34 PM
We need a forum-psychiatrist :nonchalance:

Sigv4rd
08-20-2013, 08:43 PM
We need a forum-psychiatrist :nonchalance:

Would you care to volunteer?
It's an easy diagnosis, everyone is insane here :)

Sushiglutton
08-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Would you care to volunteer?
It's an easy diagnosis, everyone is insane here :)

You want someone with over 2k posts set up an asylum? I am def one of the patients :p

Farlander1991
08-20-2013, 08:58 PM
You want someone with over 2k posts set up an asylum? I am def one of the patients :p

*looks at the number of his own posts* Ehhh, close enough :D

Sigv4rd
08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Better than M :D

Sushiglutton
08-20-2013, 09:05 PM
*looks at the number of his own posts* Ehhh, close enough :D

There is still hope for you! Besides you posts almost always make sense, extremely low drivel-factor lol.

Better than M :D

M is M though. A living legend!

Farlander1991
08-20-2013, 09:06 PM
There is still hope for you! Besides you posts almost always make sense, very low drivel-factor lol.

Well, on a forum I've been a member for 11 years I've got 5,000 posts. I don't tend to get high post counts.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 09:06 PM
I love Farlander's blog.

Sigv4rd
08-20-2013, 09:08 PM
M is M though. A living legend!

The sig he uses will traumatize his patients before they can receive professional help :p

Farlander1991
08-20-2013, 09:09 PM
I love Farlander's blog.

Thanks! :D

Sushiglutton
08-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I love Farlander's blog.

You have been assigned room 312B. A nurse will attend to you shortly.

The sig he uses will traumatize his patients before they can receive professional help :p

Yeah I think M creates more patients than he cures :p

Farlander1991
08-20-2013, 09:11 PM
You have been assigned room 312B. A nurse will attend to you shortly.

What?! You want to heal him from loving my blog?! O_O :(

Sushiglutton
08-20-2013, 09:17 PM
What?! You want to heal him from loving my blog?! O_O :(

Lol

Sigv4rd
08-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks! :D
Will you be doing a Black Flag mission analyses like you did for AC3?
I am also a fan... :)

projectpat06
08-20-2013, 09:19 PM
So instead of reading through all those posts and looking through what people have said, I'll just respond to the OP.

All good points. The biggest improvement I would like to see is the over presentation of the story both in cutscenes and out of cutscenes. Assassin's creed is improving, but it has a long way to go in terms of making it's presentation as epic and "cinematic" as Naughty Dog's recent titles. It's not that the AC stories are bad. I think they are in fact good. I just believe the way they are presented is lackluster. My tow biggest examples would be AC3 and ACB. In AC3, I thought the haytham portion was great in terms of presentation. It took it's time unfolding the beginning, and presented it in an epic way to get the player's emotions rolling. The last few sequences felt rushed, uninspired, and choppy. As soon as the information was spat out about the next objective, the mission review screen came up in a flash and your were fast forward to the next piece of story. ACB did the same as soon as Ezio got the apple.

Maybe it is something to blame on the animus being present. Maybe ubisoft needs to hire someone knew to do cut scenes and transitions. Somehow they did manage to get the homestead missions and story presentation right. I think biggest thing that hinders everything is the mission review which breaks the immersion of the story. Maybe add it as an option in bottom righthand corner to press a button to see your stats and have the option to replay from there.

Farlander1991
08-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Will you be doing a Black Flag mission analyses like you did for AC3?
I am also a fan... :)

I don't know about the mission analysis. We'll see. Have to play the game first. :)

projectpat06
08-20-2013, 09:25 PM
One more thing to add (I didn't want a long post that no one would read), I think the random events will add a lot of immersion and fun to this game. No mater how big and fun a game might seem at first, it will quickly get old with out random, limitless, and diverse side quests to tackle. Look at GTA 4 for example, besides the story, driving and shooting, it gets boring pretty fast.

I hope they incorporate limitless random events into the cities. I don't really twitter but this could be a really good question to ask Ashraf on twitter.

Farlander1991
08-20-2013, 09:31 PM

I don't know about the mission analysis. We'll see. Have to play the game first. :)

I probably will write a post about optional objectives, though :/

Sigv4rd
08-20-2013, 09:55 PM
I probably will write a post about optional objectives, though :/

Have you considered doing some analysis on previous AC games?
I would love to here some of your critique on AC2 mission design especially. :)

vat95
08-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I will find it, and I will read it.

Ahem (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/784902-Should-haytham-have-a-game-DLC-where-he-is-the-protagonist?p=9202083&viewfull=1#post9202083). >_> <_<

This thread was quite the read (then again most are), I was even eating popcorn at one point....

Carmiel
08-21-2013, 06:40 PM
So instead of reading through all those posts and looking through what people have said, I'll just respond to the OP.

All good points. The biggest improvement I would like to see is the over presentation of the story both in cutscenes and out of cutscenes. Assassin's creed is improving, but it has a long way to go in terms of making it's presentation as epic and "cinematic" as Naughty Dog's recent titles. It's not that the AC stories are bad. I think they are in fact good. I just believe the way they are presented is lackluster. My tow biggest examples would be AC3 and ACB. In AC3, I thought the haytham portion was great in terms of presentation. It took it's time unfolding the beginning, and presented it in an epic way to get the player's emotions rolling. The last few sequences felt rushed, uninspired, and choppy. As soon as the information was spat out about the next objective, the mission review screen came up in a flash and your were fast forward to the next piece of story. ACB did the same as soon as Ezio got the apple.

Maybe it is something to blame on the animus being present. Maybe ubisoft needs to hire someone knew to do cut scenes and transitions. Somehow they did manage to get the homestead missions and story presentation right. I think biggest thing that hinders everything is the mission review which breaks the immersion of the story. Maybe add it as an option in bottom righthand corner to press a button to see your stats and have the option to replay from there.

I agree I wouldn't mind full synch if it didn't flash in my face every time I failed one. They should do like AC2 and just make trophies out of specific actions. Btw AC2 is the only AC game I got a platinum since it didn't have full synch.

Carmiel
08-21-2013, 06:44 PM
One more thing to add (I didn't want a long post that no one would read), I think the random events will add a lot of immersion and fun to this game. No mater how big and fun a game might seem at first, it will quickly get old with out random, limitless, and diverse side quests to tackle. Look at GTA 4 for example, besides the story, driving and shooting, it gets boring pretty fast.

I hope they incorporate limitless random events into the cities. I don't really twitter but this could be a really good question to ask Ashraf on twitter.

On the contrary I think if your post was longer it would attract more attention as most people on here are having conversations or giving criticism rather than just politely sharing honest opinions. But besides that I completely get what your saying. What someone said earlier is that they would like for the forts to get recaptured like in ACR. I think that's a good idea and being able to constantly pillage ships would be cool. So long as the game as plenty of treasures and side missions like AC2 and I shall be satisfied.

Megas_Doux
08-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I have three HUGE problems with AC3:

1 Lack of ambient music

2 Linear Mission design

3 Connor being included into historical events such as the tea party and the midnight ride just because.

IF those are addressed in AC4, plus what I have seen in terms of the setting and general atmosphere, we might be talking....

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 06:57 PM
So long as the game as plenty of treasures and side missions like AC2 and I shall be satisfied.
If you ask me, I don`t want to be beating husbands up or delivering letters again...that sucked

SixKeys
08-21-2013, 07:03 PM
If you ask me, I don`t want to be beating husbands up or delivering letters again...that sucked

I'll take both of those over crafting dolls and assassinating some random guy in the middle of nowhere just because.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I'll take both of those over crafting dolls and assassinating some random guy in the middle of nowhere just because.
But why the low standard? Why take crappy side missions over equally crappy side missions??

TheHumanTowel
08-21-2013, 07:09 PM
The courier missions weren't crappy. They were fun get to this place as fast as you can missions. Being able to read the letters was a nice touch that was funny at some points as well. Beating up husbands was a bit meh but I still prefer that over the atrocious assassination "missions" in AC3.

poptartz20
08-21-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking the series is doomed and we should all just really stop playing and shut down this forum in particular. :/

Honestly I think there is nowhere to go but up really. They have the ingredients to make a great game, all they have to do is put it together.

it's like putting the lime in the coconut and twisting it all up.

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Beating up husbands was a bit meh but I still prefer that over the atrocious assassination "missions" in AC3.

Even though they're both "Quickly take care of a random dude standing somewhere with no design or strategic value whatsoever?"

Though I guess beating up husbands is more akin to Fight club missions, since you have to use your fists... but in AC3 the opponents are more interesting than the husbands.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:12 PM
The courier missions weren't crappy. They were fun get to this place as fast as you can missions. Being able to read the letters was a nice touch that was funny at some points as well. Beating up husbands was a bit meh but I still prefer that over the atrocious assassination "missions" in AC3.
I`m sorry, they were crappy....stopping a random guy in the street is fine..AN ASSASSIN agreeing to it is dumb...not to mention that this whole time thing was in races too, so ADDING TO IT BEING CRAPPY, it was repetitive...

Meh..thank you..same idea..beat up/kill random guy for NO REASON than it was asked of you by random people in the street, so again...why take crappy over equally crappy??

Megas_Doux
08-21-2013, 07:14 PM
We have seen little of plot, but the acting quality seems improved! That scene with the "templar grand master" in the gamescom demo seemed much better than the cringeworthy scenes with The pazzi, Juan Borgia, Baron de Valois, Cesare Borgia and all those cooby do-like villians we had in AC2/ACB.

TheHumanTowel
08-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Even though they're both "Quickly take care of a random dude standing somewhere with no design or strategic value whatsoever?"

Though I guess beating up husbands is more akin to Fight club missions, since you have to use your fists... but in AC3 the opponents are more interesting than the husbands.
In the beat up missions you actually have to fight the husbands. The targets in AC3 don't even react if you run in front of them. There's no technique or anything involved. I don't see how the nameless Templars who we know nothing about are more interesting than the cheating husbands in AC2? Not saying their interesting but the targets in AC3 definitely aren't more interesting.

I`m sorry, they were crappy....stopping a random guy in the street is fine..AN ASSASSIN agreeing to it is dumb...not to mention that this whole time thing was in races too, so ADDING TO IT BEING CRAPPY, it was repetitive...

Meh..thank you..same idea..beat up/kill random guy for NO REASON than it was asked of you by random people in the street, so again...why take crappy over equally crappy??
I don't think they're equally crappy. I think the missions in AC2 are better than those in AC3. That's why I'd take them over AC3's missions. It's not hard to understand my position.

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 07:18 PM

I miss the races, btw. Especially the ACB ones. It was a really nice way of showing how the simple parkour mechanics had quite a few tricks you could use to get the best time possible.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:26 PM
In the beat up missions you actually have to fight the husbands. The targets in AC3 don't even react if you run in front of them. There's no technique or anything involved. I don't see how the nameless Templars who we know nothing about are more interesting than the cheating husbands in AC2? Not saying their interesting but the targets in AC3 definitely aren't more interesting.

I don't think they're equally crappy. I think the missions in AC2 are better than those in AC3. That's why I'd take them over AC3's missions. It's not hard to understand my position.
But I explained why they`re equally crappy....fighting back?? what does that do?? Waste more time??....fighting isn't even difficult...No one is saying AC III is better...i`m saying they`re both equally bad and I provided my reasons why...It is actually hard to understand your position.

you`re willing to overlook the fact that AC III`s assassinations and AC II`s beat ups have the same exact concept, yet you`re also willing to take one over the other, because in AC II they fight back even though both are given by random people, both have no story and both aren't "Assassiny", but no in AC II they fight back...alright...they fight back in a fighting mechanic that`s stand there, wait for punch, counter....how fun.

I miss the races, btw. Especially the ACB ones. It was a really nice way of showing how the simple parkour mechanics had quite a few tricks you could use to get the best time possible.
Indeed..not to mention the fact that it provided a nice little push for parkour in the game. some people may forget about it while exploring or doing the story

SixKeys
08-21-2013, 07:50 PM
The races is one side mission I miss the least. (Yes, I even prefer beating up husbands.) The only reason to do them was to hear "Venice Rooftops" (although more often than not the music wouldn't play for some reason). I prefer the AC1 approach where you don't have to pass any markers, it's up to you how you reach your goal as long as it's within the time limit.

TheHumanTowel
08-21-2013, 07:52 PM
But I explained why they`re equally crappy....fighting back?? what does that do?? Waste more time??....fighting isn't even difficult...No one is saying AC III is better...i`m saying they`re both equally bad and I provided my reasons why...It is actually hard to understand your position.

you`re willing to overlook the fact that AC III`s assassinations and AC II`s beat ups have the same exact concept, yet you`re also willing to take one over the other, because in AC II they fight back even though both are given by random people, both have no story and both aren't "Assassiny", but no in AC II they fight back...alright...they fight back in a fighting mechanic that`s stand there, wait for punch, counter....how fun.

Be confused no more. I think you're wrong!

I enjoy fighting the husbands more than assassinating random reactionless npcs because I enjoy AC2's fighting system. I enjoy racing across town to deliver a letter more than a dull crafting system because I enjoy AC2's parkour mechanics and liked reading the letters and the story behind them.

I don't think I can be clearer than that.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't think I can be clearer than that.
Yeah you like crap...good for you

The races is one side mission I miss the least. (Yes, I even prefer beating up husbands.) The only reason to do them was to hear "Venice Rooftops" (although more often than not the music wouldn't play for some reason). I prefer the AC1 approach where you don't have to pass any markers, it's up to you how you reach your goal as long as it's within the time limit.
don`t the flags count as markers themselves, though?? Unless you`re talking about the order in which you`re going through the markers..

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 07:56 PM
I prefer the AC1 approach where you don't have to pass any markers, it's up to you how you reach your goal as long as it's within the time limit.

I presume you played the console version which didn't have the "Collect the flags" side mission in AC1? (was essentially racing with flags being the markers). Or was it on the consoles? I don't remember which missions were on the consoles.

At any rate, I like the markers. Because the races are not about "getting from point A to point B in the fastest possible time", it's about going through an interesting course set up by the designers (race tracks in open world racing games would be a good analogy), in the shortest time possible by using all the abilities of the parkour system (which also kind of allows to show off, you don't think about that if you just have point A and point B). And ACB races were quite cool (including the ones in the VR section).

TheHumanTowel
08-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Yeah you like crap...good for you

What an intelligent and well thought out response.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 08:01 PM
I presume you played the console version which didn't have the "Collect the flags" side mission in AC1? (was essentially racing with flags being the markers). Or was it on the consoles? I don't remember which missions were on the consoles.

The console had those, what it didn't have where the Merchant stand destruction..

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 08:02 PM
What an intelligent and well thought out response.
Thank You...I was confused whether I should choose crap or crappy things...crap felt appropriate...short and sweet...crappy felt like I was just trying to sound fancy, which I wasn't, so...I hope that explains my thought process..

TheHumanTowel
08-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Thank You...I was confused whether I should choose crap or crappy things...crap felt appropriate...short and sweet...crappy felt like I was just trying to sound fancy, which I wasn't, so...I hope that explains my thought process..
You keep up quality posting like that maybe you'll lose your rep as a half-arsed troll.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 08:11 PM
You keep up quality posting like that maybe you'll lose your rep as a half-arsed troll.
"Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving." -William Shakespeare..

Sushiglutton
08-21-2013, 08:17 PM

At any rate, I like the markers. Because the races are not about "getting from point A to point B in the fastest possible time", it's about going through an interesting course set up by the designers (race tracks in open world racing games would be a good analogy), in the shortest time possible by using all the abilities of the parkour system (which also kind of allows to show off, you don't think about that if you just have point A and point B). And ACB races were quite cool (including the ones in the VR section).

If the parkour system was more interactive, simply going from A to B as fast as possible could be interesting enough... But we should not go down this road again I guess lol.

Carmiel
08-21-2013, 09:20 PM

Yeah true I didn't even do those. But I did like the races and Assassination contracts though. And collecting treasures was fun too. Especially the ones that were guarded or in restricted areas.