PDA

View Full Version : Detailed maps

Cromwell25
08-20-2013, 05:18 AM
I have a pretty bad memory so when i was looking for the diferent merchants in the town it took me a long time to learn where they were. And i wasted hundreads of gold coins to sleep after all searchings. My suggestion is: the simple white dots should be changed to specific icons which represents what there actually is, like a mug for the inn, a sword for the weaponsmith, a chestpiece for the armorsmith, a potion for the indentifier and so on. Im a slow player so im still in the first town, if elsewhere they are properly marked please inform me right away.

Minos34
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Nah it's good at it is. No need to have too much assisting features like this, there werent any thingl ike this in previous MM and it was part of the fun to enter every single house in a city to find out where X or Y was.
However I do agree it is not fun you have to rest 2 times just because you want to cross the city. The day/night cycle is way (and I mean WAY too fast) and should be tuned down cause it kind of ruin exploration.

Reihnil
08-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Might be part of the fun but once exploration is done put some sign or let me make my own notes.
I had an unidentified bow, some vague idea of where I had encountered some merchant who could identify it, knew it wasn't in the town center and gave up at the idea of looking for him again... There are practical needs to consider here, I'm willing to cross half the town to identify my weapon if at least I was certain of the exact destination...

EDIT: Oh, my bad. Hadn't read the "bug and report" section. Sorry.

Cromwell25
08-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Nah it's good at it is. No need to have too much assisting features like this, there werent any thingl ike this in previous MM and it was part of the fun to enter every single house in a city to find out where X or Y was.
However I do agree it is not fun you have to rest 2 times just because you want to cross the city. The day/night cycle is way (and I mean WAY too fast) and should be tuned down cause it kind of ruin exploration.
Okay i agree this can be fun, and was part of the old MM but since the movement is this annyoing i dont want to spend 30 min to buy a potion and repair my weapons. In this case let me put some markes on my own or let me draw on the map, where i was and what i notes i have there. Like i put an X or Circle or whatever with 1-2 short words attached. It would require exploring on your own but i would not need to draw my own map to mark where i was and what i found there.

L1ghtS1de
08-20-2013, 04:27 PM
You guys need to READ THE STICKIES! They have already told us in the list of upcoming changes there that the simple white dots will be changed to more specific icons later. They're working on it.