PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no free movement mode in the options?

LeadStarDude.
08-20-2013, 05:14 AM
I was so excited about this game until I learned that it is grid based movement only. Please add a free movement option in the settings. I will not buy this game as it is right now. Does anyone else share this opinion of the grid based movement system? I like M&M 6,7,8,&9 style game play. Not M&M 3,4,&5 style game play. What a shame & disappointment... We need grid based turning with optional free movement & optional turn based game play. That is all I am asking for.

narupley
08-20-2013, 05:16 AM
lol

LeadStarDude.
08-20-2013, 05:20 AM
I don't mind grid style turning in a game like this, but they really need to add a free movement option is the settings. Grid based movement sucks without free movement! This game should play like M&M 6,7,8,&9

Saica Fox
08-20-2013, 08:13 AM
they wont add it check official site they stated it will never be changed they said dont post about it.

LeadStarDude.
08-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Okay... then how about real time movement so there is no delay between tiles while exploring. If we hold forward we should continue moving forward without stopping until holding the buton. Same for strafing. I could live with that.

mstillwater
08-20-2013, 09:18 AM
You do realise this game is an attempt to recapture the 'old-school' feel, the root, of the Might and Magic series, right?

There won't be real-time movement. That would be contradictory to what they're trying to achieve.

If it's really that much of an issue, then I suggest you find a way to deal with it...or go play something else.

arcadio21
08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Okay... then how about real time movement so there is no delay between tiles while exploring. If we hold forward we should continue moving forward without stopping until holding the buton. Same for strafing. I could live with that.

i agree. i mean, i'm all in for the tiles, but right now the movement is a bit too slow.

LeadStarDude.
08-20-2013, 09:33 AM
You do realise this game is an attempt to recapture the 'old-school' feel, the root, of the Might and Magic series, right?

There won't be real-time movement. That would be contradictory to what they're trying to achieve.

If it's really that much of an issue, then I suggest you find a way to deal with it...or go play something else.

Okay... I just love the franchise & am very disappointed with this games movement system. I like Legend of Grimlock, but wasn't expecting that from M&M anymore. To me M&M 6 & 7 were the best, & that was the game style I was expecting when I saw screen shots of this game.

solohanssolo
08-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Think of all the people who loved the first 5 games of the series. Think of how they felt when the series went real-time and free-movement. They felt just as betrayed as you do right now, Knowing that, step aside and stay quiet. It's our time now.

samsenggwy
08-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Think of all the people who loved the first 5 games of the series. Think of how they felt when the series went real-time and free-movement. They felt just as betrayed as you do right now, Knowing that, step aside and stay quiet. It's our time now.

Lol ! Lets not be offensive.

Rickey, lets take turn having fun. The developers mentioned "We shall back to the ROOT FIRST after 10 years without MM".
It is highly possible the next MM after Legacy will be free movement. I will bet on that.