PDA

View Full Version : Jackdaw Customization

Wolfmeister1010
08-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Finally, after months of speculation and impatience (at least on my part) the customization of jackdaw options have finally been revealed.

On twitter, ash said that you can customize the sails, figurehead, and wheel.

I am kinda disappointed that you can't customize the hull color though...seems like a pretty important and significant part of the ship to customize.....more so than the wheel...but I guess the dev has some reason for it not being included.

What do you guys think? Disappointed? Happy?

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm happy, I agree with you said that about not being able to change the hull color, sucks. At least all other options for the ship should be customisable.

Thanks for posting. :)

SixKeys
08-20-2013, 03:23 AM
Exactly what I expected, TBH. Ship hulls in those days weren't terribly colorful, I think. It would be a little unrealistic if Edward's crew could just repaint the whole ship in one day every time you sail to another harbor.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Finally, after months of speculation and impatience (at least on my part) the customization of jackdaw options have finally been revealed.

On twitter, ash said that you can customize the sails, figurehead, and wheel.

I am kinda disappointed that you can't customize the hull color though...seems like a pretty important and significant part of the ship to customize.....more so than the wheel...but I guess the dev has some reason for it not being included.

What do you guys think? Disappointed? Happy?

He said somewhere else that you could repaint the hull, and he never said that was the full extent of customization. We'll have to wait and see.

Wolfmeister1010
08-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Exactly what I expected, TBH. Ship hulls in those days weren't terribly colorful, I think. It would be a little unrealistic if Edward's crew could just repaint the whole ship in one day every time you sail to another harbor.

Yeah, you also can't go and buy a set of cannons at a random fishing village and expect them to be installed in two seconds in real life either, but this is a videogame.

Wolfmeister1010
08-20-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm happy, I agree with you said that about not being able to change the hull color, sucks. At least all other options for the ship should be customisable.

Thanks for posting. :)

Thanks! You're always so nice and considerate :)

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 03:57 AM
i try to be nice but it's hard in the online world where I don't see faces and don't have an immediate human connection

video chat for all.

crap, just realized there are some really creepy people out there.

Wolfmeister1010
08-20-2013, 04:01 AM

Also, the ships could get pretty colorful, at least demonstrated by some of the game's promotional media:
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/5c/BlackFlagScreenshots.jpg

And, if the game has heart themed sails, then it can have colorful hulls too.

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 04:09 AM
Thanks! You're always so nice and considerate :)
You're Welcome. I try to be. :)

Also, the ships could get pretty colorful, at least demonstrated by some of the game's promotional media:
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/5c/BlackFlagScreenshots.jpg

And, if the game has heart themed sails, then it can have colorful hulls too.
Color of the ships are by the looks of that screen capture to be customizable, I hope this is true for the actual game.

Wolfmeister1010
08-20-2013, 04:17 AM
You're Welcome. I try to be. :)

Color of the ships are by the looks of that screen capture to be customizable, I hope this is true for the actual game.

Nah. It's the same red and tan that it usually is.

Why don't you ask him on twitter

I remember when I was new here, and I tried to be consideratez but within recent months I've become a bit of a ***** sometimes, and I don't even care.

ctuagent15
08-20-2013, 04:26 AM
http://i.picpar.com/KLt.png

It's been known for a long time you can customise the sails and wheel, just looking at all the pre-order DLC you can see stuff to customise the Jackdaw with

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Nah. It's the same red and tan that it usually is.

Why don't you ask him on twitter

I remember when I was new here, and I tried to be considerate but within recent months I've become a bit of a ***** sometimes, and I don't even care.
That's kind of a let down, I guess we will have to see how the customization plays out when we get to play the game.

I haven't used my twitter account in over a year, lol. Doubt I'll go back using it now. So the only option for me is just wait and see. :-|

I've just recently come back here 3 weeks ago, I'm as considerate in person it's just how my parents taught me to be.

I agree that it's hard to read people while online - I'll be considerate regardless, some of the things I say like fangirl stuff and things of that nature just don't take them too seriously, I mean no harm.

guardian_titan
08-20-2013, 04:35 AM
Ships weren't really painted too often during the time frame and were just sealed with golden pine tar (not black tar like what is used today). The tar lasted roughly a month which lined up with when a ship's hull was scraped of barnacles. So seems when they scraped the hull, they resealed it with golden pine tar. Resulted in the ship typically being the natural wood coloring. Wasn't until around the 1770s or so that painting ships became a regular thing. Before then, it wasn't too common. The Aquila being painted in AC3 would've been a rather recent thing since ship painting was just coming about at the time. Ships were commonly painted in red, black, and yellow because it was cheap to make, and the Aquila was yellow which certainly kept to that. Other colors were available but more expensive. Patterns on ships to distinguish between two fleets wasn't done until around the War of 1812. The Battle of Trafalgar led to the use of the Nelson Checker on British ships which was then adopted by other nations not long after. Before then, captains just painted their ships however they wanted. Flags only go so far and are easily stolen. Repainting ships to confuse enemies is more time consuming and require money.

Frankly, I'd rather for more realism than just willy-nilly throwing in customization where there really shouldn't be any. Curious what all of the figureheads and wheels will be. Customizing the wheel is an odd option since you don't really look at it too often. Such a small part of the ship. Unless it has more of a use like faster turning. But that'd be more of an upgrade, not customization. How many wheel designs can they really do? It's a wheel. :confused: With the figureheads, we already know we get the eagle head, but I'm sure there will be a wolf head as a call to Connor. Think I remember seeing a mermaid somewhere so we'll likely get that one. But can't think of many more beyond that. Seahorse? Edward himself? :p Neptune? A skeleton?

ctuagent15
08-20-2013, 04:43 AM
What do you mean you wont be looking at the wheel to often, you'll be standing in front of it quite a bit in the game, you know steering the ship

Wolfmeister1010
08-20-2013, 05:35 AM
What do you mean you wont be looking at the wheel to often, you'll be standing in front of it quite a bit in the game, you know steering the ship

Yeah...standing inFRONT of it...blocking the view of the camera

fightinTXaggie
08-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Frankly, I'd rather for more realism than just willy-nilly throwing in customization where there really shouldn't be any.

Then don't paint it anything you don't see as realistic. Options are always better for the player.

poptartz20
08-20-2013, 07:05 AM
I thought there would be customization when I saw the last video that came out for the "stealth play" it was shown when edward goes to upgrade his guns. I think this is rather cool for the simple fact that they are actually letting the player have a little bit of fun! Customization has never really been an option before in the franchise. -- At least not that I can remember. So I think all of this is like a win in it's own way for the players.

The hull would be fun but I won't complain!

SamBushen24
08-20-2013, 09:35 AM
http://i.picpar.com/KLt.png

It's been known for a long time you can customise the sails and wheel, just looking at all the pre-order DLC you can see stuff to customise the Jackdaw with

Is no one seeing this comment? Ash has confirmed that you can paint the hull on twitter and this person has uploaded a photo of it and you lot are all still moaning that you can't paint the hull?!

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Is no one seeing this comment? Ash has confirmed that you can paint the hull on twitter and this person has uploaded a photo of it and you lot are all still moaning that you can't paint the hull?!
Give them a minute..

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I said that Ash said on twitter you could paint the hull before and no one replied to me so I figured they must be ignoring information.

ctuagent15
08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah...standing inFRONT of it...blocking the view of the camera
The camera doesn't block all of it and when Edward turns the wheel he moves so you see nearly the whole wheel, just watch any gameplay vids and you'll see, but anyway saying just because you don't see something a lot in a game means theres need to customise it is silly, if devs did that for games then you wouldn't be able to customise the rims on cars because you don't see the rims that much

I said that Ash said on twitter you could paint the hull before and no one replied to me so I figured they must be ignoring information.
I think some people don't read all the posts before answering and some just like complaining so as soon as they get to a post with something they can complain about they answer that post then don't bother to read anymore posts

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 02:36 PM
No hull customization!!!???

Preorder cancelled.

pacmanate
08-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm happy with whatever customisation we get. I think too many people are getting disappointed over small things.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
we have hull customizaiton you jacktards

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm happy with whatever customisation we get. I think too many people are getting disappointed over small things.You'd know about that

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 02:56 PM
haha

I get it

because he has a small knob

ctuagent15
08-20-2013, 03:17 PM
For anyone that has skipped posts in this thread and missed when I posted this twitter post from Ash I'll post it again
http://i.picpar.com/qNt.png

pirate1802
08-20-2013, 03:23 PM
For anyone that has skipped posts in this thread and missed when I posted this twitter post from Ash I'll post it again
http://i.picpar.com/qNt.png

Repreordered.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Repreordered.Reathon.

pacmanate
08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
I didn't cancel mine before.

But I just did now so I could preorder it again

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 03:32 PM
I haven't preordered anyithing this year hehe

Sigv4rd
08-20-2013, 09:36 PM
They didn't give me the option in AC2 with dies...
They didn't give me the option in AC:B/AC:R
They didn't give me the option in AC3

We had better have Pink for customization! :mad: