PDA

View Full Version : Please take away ignore pain perk, it is overpowerd

Terrell43
08-20-2013, 01:42 AM
What you guys fail to realize is that every second of movement and the small decisions you make wiether to doge left or doge right can heavily impact the out come of a match, especially at higher lvls. The thing about the ignore pain perk (15% to have you attack knocked back). Is that first when ever it activates, it not only mitigates the damage done by your attack, but it also stuns you, leaving you open. Giving the enemy player to enitiate a combo, or one devastating attack. I once fought a two handed sword guy you had this perk, I was dodging his attacks and for the most part kicking his ***. Here's the problem, mid combo ignore pain turns on. As soon as it turns on the two handing sword guy did a heavy attack, taking down 40-50% of health. And heres the worst part, that perk activated THREE times that match, no matter what I do, no matter how skilled I am, that perk basically says (you will loose 40-50% of you health about every 6 hits.) 15% goes into 100% about 6 times. Now I don't know about you, but a perk that forces you to loose 40-50% of your health no matter what you do, sounds overpowered. Even worse I've had games where it would activate 8-10 times,some times 2-3 in a row. Also consider removing the perks that give you infinite defense based on health. I've come across way to many spear and shield people that simply can't be beaten because they can hold their shield up forever..

DrWhoey
10-16-2013, 06:37 PM
The ignore pain perk is the perfect counter balance to the spear/sword shield guys with slaves confidence. You can break through their shield attack by having the Ignore Pain perk, performing a grab on them, staying back and forcing them to chase you, pressing A (XBox) or X (PS3) with no direction to perform a basic pankration<sp> attack, which is a push, will off balance them and drop their defence. I know theres at least one more way to break it, but I cant remember