PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions after leaving the town!

Kommentierung
08-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Hey guys, my english is not the best but i try to evalute my impressions.

First of all I'm a huge fan of MM3-6 so I am very excited for this game. I will make a list of my opinions toward the early acces version.

You have done a lot of great work but I think that they are some very important points which have to be changed / upgraded:

1. Graphic.
Yeah the graphic. I know it is not everything but this game looks like from 10 years in the past. I have no problem to play games with old graphic when the games are old too. This will be a new game from 2014 and it looks way too old. I would be _very_ sad if this is not possible. I played it on the highest settings and well. Dark Messiah looks much better. Legend of Grimrock is over 1 year older and looks much much much better.

2. Resolution.
I play with 1920x1200. Was not a option to play with black borders is not cool. :/

3. Time passing in town.
I walked one time through the whole town and it got 2 times dark, thats pretty fast.

4. Movement with monsters.
When a monster is in sight range everytime my party moves the monster moves, too. Thats great but only if the monsters moves faster. It takes ages, the monsters slowly crawl over the map. If you dont have a solution for better movement create a option in the settings for speed up everything. It doesnt have to look great.

5. Monsters in Melee.
Can only be 1 monster on 1 tile? If this is it, then its very sad. That bosses are in 1 tile its great (like MM3) but in MM3.5 there could be 3 monsters on 1 tile. And monsters without range attack should not attack me from other sides. The other monsters should move on my tile and there should be the fight, like in MM3-5.

6. Repaircost
Blacksmiths should not be able to take my money if they dont repair anything.

I hope I could explain my points. I have high expectations for this game because I love Might and Magic.

greets.

xfysxbowtie
08-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Great points.

windezz
08-20-2013, 12:22 AM
I don't mind the flanking from mobs so far, it makes you try to pick where you fight and force them into a bottleneck where you take out melee mobs one by one.

Kmanfree
08-20-2013, 12:39 AM
I can answer #5, depends on monster size how many per tile.

SpaceKitten135
08-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Well, I would like to add something.
I totally back up #6 since the damn blacksmith robbed me of 75 silver coins. I quicksaved, then realized that my money were gone and there is no way to murder him and get my money back, very sad.

But the most important thing is - level design. Specifically, first town. It looks like a damn dungeon or a labyrinth. Moreover - there are no markers on the map, and I can't place my own markers there which makes the map useless. Just a bunch of white dots all over the place and it took me good 5 minutes to even find the blacksmith to get my weapons fixed. And I have actually played a lot of old games - and it got me a little frustrated. Imagine what it would do to a new player. He would be like - "To hell with this labyrinth-city, I'm going back to skyrim!". Overall, making towns overly complicated doesn't add anything to the game.

To sum this up - town!=dungeon. Either make towns less confusing - or place named markers or the map. Preferably both.

windezz
08-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Eh, took me maybe 10 minutes to memorize the route to weapon, armor, and potion shops. But the damn map realllly could use better indicators than a plain white dot. I don't even look at the town map anymore, it's that useless.

I would also like to see my party location on the world map, especially when a quest asks me to go somewhere between two towns with some vague description and landmarks. If I can't even see where my general location is on the world map, am I supposed to just blunder around the local minimap til I recognize a landmark or get lucky? That's so 1999 Everquest, and this game doesn't even have Sense Heading!

narupley
08-20-2013, 02:39 AM
These are great suggestions... Consider also this forum, made specifically for such discussion: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/512-Might-amp-Magic-X-Legacy-Early-Access-Discussion

samsenggwy
08-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Refer below link, you can see that it depend on monster size.
It is possible 3 monsters on a same tile.
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/520375a2e754b62e12000000

Keyrock42
08-20-2013, 05:00 AM
I've enjoyed the game so far. It's far from perfect and it has some bugs, but that's to be expected in alpha stage. Most importantly the game feels like old school Might & Magic and that's exactly what I wanted. I really like the ability to free look with the mouse. I like the old school style changing portraits to reflect status effects. I like how the interface looks decidedly old school yet it's relatively user friendly. I like the different tactics I can employ in combat like using the terrain to force ranged enemies into melee without them getting shots on me as I advance, pushing enemies back with air blasts, pulling aggro on my defender, putting up protective spells, etc.

On the down side, the day/night cycle is out of control accelerated, there is a bug that essentially breaks the game sometimes when you air blast enemies back, and it seems impossible to hire the goblin cook at the moment. It's an alpha so these kinds of things are to be expected at this point.

Overall I think this game looks promising.

Mantra49
08-20-2013, 08:03 AM
I've had 3 monsters at a time in one area in front of me. Let me tell you, you learn a bit about strategic withdrawal after that.

I have a great system, but even on average or low settings, terrible lag/chug.

The pause in between steps needs reduction badly. I can handle the square by square movement, but look at a game like Legend of Grimlock; the movement is almost fluid, although it's step based.

They really need to have a special screen for first time users, explaining this is an alpha/beta, and what that means. I think many are expecting Skyrim or D3 after purchse. ;)

narupley
08-20-2013, 04:47 PM
I've had 3 monsters at a time in one area in front of me. Let me tell you, you learn a bit about strategic withdrawal after that.

I have a great system, but even on average or low settings, terrible lag/chug.

The pause in between steps needs reduction badly. I can handle the square by square movement, but look at a game like Legend of Grimlock; the movement is almost fluid, although it's step based.

They really need to have a special screen for first time users, explaining this is an alpha/beta, and what that means. I think many are expecting Skyrim or D3 after purchse. ;)

They do have a special screen, explaining just that.