PDA

View Full Version : Combat Lock Bug

xfysxbowtie
08-19-2013, 09:24 PM
My Party: 2 mages, 1 archer, 1 defender

I am in a single row of cells, fighting a "militia" outside or Sorpigal. I alternate between the two mages casting gust of wind to keep him at bay and using crossbows/bows to kill him.

As his life came near an end I decided to let him approach and I would kill him in melee; however, for some reason I haven't figured out yet, all of my characters have had their turn and cannot do anything, and the enemy has stepped adjacent to me but can't attack either, so we are both locked in place and can't move away or do anything. The game is now in a state of "limbo."

I think I have to reload from my previous save to get out of this combat lock.

My suggestion: remove the locked-in-place status when an enemy becomes adjacent to you, or give us a 'flee' ability.

Is there something I am forgetting that can get me out of this without reloading?

Other suggestions: tone down the sound effects. The giant spiders are too bear-like in their audio, not creepy enough and roar too much. Arrows sound like giant metal spears sliding down a metal plate or grinding wheel. Give missile attacks more "whoosh" please.

Mr.Bigtime
08-19-2013, 10:04 PM
My Party: 2 mages, 1 archer, 1 defender

I am in a single row of cells, fighting a "militia" outside or Sorpigal. I alternate between the two mages casting gust of wind to keep him at bay and using crossbows/bows to kill him.

As his life came near an end I decided to let him approach and I would kill him in melee; however, for some reason I haven't figured out yet, all of my characters have had their turn and cannot do anything, and the enemy has stepped adjacent to me but can't attack either, so we are both locked in place and can't move away or do anything. The game is now in a state of "limbo."

I think I have to reload from my previous save to get out of this combat lock.

My suggestion: remove the locked-in-place status when an enemy becomes adjacent to you, or give us a 'flee' ability.

Is there something I am forgetting that can get me out of this without reloading?

Other suggestions: tone down the sound effects. The giant spiders are too bear-like in their audio, not creepy enough and roar too much. Arrows sound like giant metal spears sliding down a metal plate or grinding wheel. Give missile attacks more "whoosh" please.

i have the very same exact issue and can not continue the game..:(

xfysxbowtie
08-19-2013, 10:50 PM
So, it has been determined that a combat locked game has to be reloaded. SAVE OFTEN! There isn't a fix for this yet.