PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like to play fully notorious?

Jack-Reacher
08-19-2013, 10:01 AM
I havent done this as much as I should have for this game. It makes free roaming way more interesting if you are trying to stay anonymous. You feel a lot more significant with the Jagers always on the lookout for you, and you become more immersed with the area you are in. You take in more of the city and actually feel like an Assassin, and you use tools you rarely thought to use, as just using your usual swords gets so boring in combat.

Also try turn off the HUD for an extra challenge and more immersion, maybe leave the updates on though.

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes I like to play fully Notorious sometimes, however it's hard to go anywhere without attracting unwanted attention. ;)

I just use use it as an excuse to fight the guards. I turn the HUD off for immersion, when I like to annoy the guards.

Jack-Reacher
08-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Yeah thats sorta the point, to make the game harder. I feel the "notoriety system" was actually done best in AC1. It was all about your state of mind that determined if you got detected. If you got lousy and started sprinting through the streets and acting like a *******, then you would be seen. However if you simply walked around then you could pretty much go ANYWHERE, I think the entire concept of social stealth was captured so well in that game, and it felt so in synch with the AC order as well as what the Assassins did in those times. You felt like you were actually significant, you were an outsider who went into the heart of an enemy city to remove key players in the war to change society. Whenever I think of the gameplay in later games, its just Connor running around with the entire neighborhood on him and pulling BS batman moves out of his *** in the name of freedom.

The series has no class anymore. At all. Nada. And from looking at AC4 its just flashy collectibles and bright icons waiting to fly into your face to make it feel as if you are doing something productive with your time.

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I agree I like the system in AC1 - I also miss the high-profile and low-profile modes.

jayjay275
08-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm fully notorious all the time. ^_^