PDA

View Full Version : Ashraf Ismail teasing us again....

lonewarrior30
08-15-2013, 05:44 PM
So I was on twitter just now and I saw this....https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRuS4J1CYAAYK-W.jpg

and this ''Clearly I'm enjoying recording the VO for the next gameplay video ;)''

roostersrule2
08-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Brock looks like someone, I'm not sure who though.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Another gameplay video? Gosh Ash you're spoiling us :P

I may have to skip it though, we've already has snippets of the story revealed in the demo's like Du Casse's assassination mission.

Sushiglutton
08-15-2013, 05:50 PM
I like Ashraf. He seems like a genuine guy and a true enthusiast. But there is only so much one guy can do to a franchise this big. I liked Hutchinson too and that didn't really work out as I had hoped. Ubi's marketing machinery seem to be gone to full sails lately.

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm not jealous one bit..I'll be playing the AC4 demo next month at Eurogramer Expo. :p

YRTEP
08-15-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm sure the next gameplay video will be about naval battles. :D

ProletariatPleb
08-15-2013, 05:54 PM
THAT IS BEGGING FOR A CAPTION!

I can't think of many...
http://puu.sh/42PLC.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
08-15-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm not jealous one bit..I'll be playing the AC4 demo next month at Eurogramer Expo. :p

Take me with you

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 05:56 PM
I like Ashraf. He seems like a genuine guy and a true enthusiast. But there is only so much one guy can do to a franchise this big. I liked Hutchinson too and that didn't really work out as I had hoped. Ubi's marketing machinery seem to be gone to full sails lately.

Well...I can't quite remember Hutchinson's words tbh. I think the trailers we've seen look better than the AC3 ones anyway. It looks like an actual big improvement from it's predecessor--but even so that won't make the game amazing. I do believe the marketing kind of exaggerates and even out right lies to make games seem good. But Ashraf is no marketer, and I believe he trusts in what he says. If it turns out not as expected I certainly wont blame him.

ArabianFrost
08-15-2013, 06:00 PM

On the contrary. Compared to last year, this year's marketing is way way more modest than last year and it seems to focus on the things that matter TO the fans that matter. Stealth ubiblogs, stealth trailers, pretty much stealth everything. They want to rebuild the trust with their fans, or at least the devs do. Remember last year? The marketing was absolute cringe. It had absolutely NOTHING to add in terms of new info. Just a lot of forced product marketing. I swear to God we only got about 15-20 min of actual gameplay last year and the rest of the marketing budget was spent on useless stuff like Youtube channels and other sub-par forms of marketing. Hell, they weren't even trying to market the game last year, they were just trying to sell the fantasy of revolutionary America, that's all. This year, we have none of that yet. This year I feel they're focused on actually marketing the game and not its selling point. At least I hope this keeps on.

We had an Epic Meal Time AC3 marketing

We had Lindsey Stirling marketing

We had Smosh marketing

We had horrible horrible 4th of July marketing

We had that crappy "I'm coming home" trailer

We had other forms of paid product placement to other places.

This year though, apart from the awesome SDCC ship marketing, they're pulling off nothing big. I also like the way Ashraf interacts with the fans. It's unprecedented and gives us far better info than any of those interviews. This year, at least until now, it's sincere, direct and about the game.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Luckily it's not just one guy. It's the directors and the designers in general.

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 06:04 PM

I can't think of many...
LOL!! Your edit just made Ashraf's face there is so mischievous & calculating he knows exactly how to make fans go crazy.

Take me with you
You may join me! :D

Farlander1991
08-15-2013, 06:05 PM

I talked personally with Hutchinson a few times, he's a cool guy. Not on the topic of AC3, though, since it was still in development at the time. But I do think that he's a cool guy and that he did everything possible to make AC3 as best as possible. But, yeah, sometimes things don't work out. But if there's another AC game at which Hutchinson will be at the helm, I will not be sad, wary or disappointed.

Wolfmeister1010
08-15-2013, 06:08 PM
You may join me! :D

We should make a sitcom called "adventure woman and wolf's adventure to eurogamer".

The conflicts could be about how all the guys we meet throughout the trip all fall for you and I'm forced to deal with my jealousy by feeding my drug problem.

4 stars

Sushiglutton
08-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I talked personally with Hutchinson a few times, he's a cool guy. Not on the topic of AC3, though, since it was still in development at the time. But I do think that he's a cool guy and that he did everything possible to make AC3 as best as possible. But, yeah, sometimes things don't work out. But if there's another AC game at which Hutchinson will be at the helm, I will not be sad, wary or disappointed.

Agreed. I also try to never judge the persons behind the game as I have no clue who did what. Like we have discussed before the problem with AC3 had a lot to do with overambition and you can't really blame anyone for that. AC4 will be able to capitalize a lot on the work done for 3 obv.

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Hehe! Me, too! :D

(Wait, will there be a huge queue or anything??? Because I predict getting stressed on that day)

straty88
08-15-2013, 06:24 PM

Same, I kind of wonder what they'll show. Last year it was the Fort Walcott mission and the gamescom naval demo iirc.

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 06:24 PM
We should make a sitcom called "adventure woman and wolf's adventure to eurogamer".

The conflicts could be about how all the guys we meet throughout the trip all fall for you and I'm forced to deal with my jealousy by feeding my drug problem.

4 stars
Yeah!! Agreed, that would be the best AC fan documentary ever! :D

We will blog about, Connor, Edward and Haytham cosplayers not Ezio or Altair because there are too many of them! xD

(Wait, will there be a huge queue or anything??? Because I predict getting stressed on that day)
Hehe yes I know! xD

There was a huge queue last time for AC3, it had taken me 1hr to get through on both demos last year! xD

straty88
08-15-2013, 06:26 PM

For some reason on the Friday the way they did the queues was 10x better. Well, there wasn't much of one besides, stand behind someone until they've finished. They changed that on the Saturday though. :(

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 06:27 PM
There was a huge queue last time for AC3, it had taken me 1hr to get through on both demos last year! xD
Blimey! Never been to a game expo before and I don't have an early entry ticket (yet). Hmm.... Cosplaying as the Jackdaw seems more and more appealing...

My ticket is for Sunday afternoon. Will be trying to get hold of Saturday full day...

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 06:27 PM
i'm not jealous one bit..i'll be playing the ac4 demo next month at eurogramer expo. :p

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Mr_Shade
08-15-2013, 06:33 PM

(Wait, will there be a huge queue or anything??? Because I predict getting stressed on that day)I'll save you a seat ;)

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 06:34 PM
How does one apply for a ticket to demos and such?

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I'll save you a seat ;)
Please do! :D In case my plan to equip my Jackdaw cosplay with crowd-repellent sharp blades fails! :D

Mr_Shade
08-15-2013, 06:41 PM
How does one apply for a ticket to demos and such?
You normally don't..

Some Game stores have been having "lock ins" showing the demo etc..

Eurogamer= you buy tickets for the show on the day you want , and just wait to play games of your choice.

there are sometimes events which we invite the community to - and these are advertised on the forums etc when we can arrange them :)

lonewarrior30
08-15-2013, 06:43 PM

I can't think of many...

This is brilliant

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 06:45 PM
You normally don't..

Some Game stores have been having "lock ins" showing the demo etc..

Eurogamer= you buy tickets for the show on the day you want , and just wait to play games of your choice.

there are sometimes events which we invite the community to - and these are advertised on the forums etc when we can arrange them :)

Okay thanks. I shall keep an eye out for any advertisements on the forums then. ;)

Mr_Shade
08-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Okay thanks. I shall keep an eye out for any advertisements on the forums then. ;)
I would, we ran one last week for Splinter Cell Blacklist - was a great day :)

You would need to be able to travel - normally London area and be 18 +

Im not aware of any plans yet for any events related to ACIV - we have had the announcement one etc but there maybe some press days with space for community.. Who knows ;)

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 06:53 PM
I would, we ran one last week for Splinter Cell Blacklist - was a great day :)

You would need to be able to travel - normally London area and be 18 +

Im not aware of any plans yet for any events related to ACIV - we have had the announcement one etc but there maybe some press days with space for community.. Who knows ;)

Damn I'm 16...could I bring mummy? :) Or you could pull some strings yourself haha

Mr_Shade
08-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Damn I'm 16...could I bring mummy? :) Or you could pull some strings yourself haha
Nope sorry..

Game is rated 18 - and it is also due to insurance etc for the event.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Nope sorry..

Game is rated 18 - and it is also due to insurance etc for the event.

Yeah I was kidding of course :p

would you actually need to present evidence of your age though? I mean I'm caught now of course but theoretically.

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Same, I kind of wonder what they'll show. Last year it was the Fort Walcott mission and the gamescom naval demo iirc.
I agree, maybe Ubisoft might show the Underwater gameplay for the second demo? Or a Pirate Mission. :D

Blimey! Never been to a game expo before and I don't have an early entry ticket (yet). Hmm.... Cosplaying as the Jackdaw seems more and more appealing.
You'll enjoy it, loads of fun last year. JackDaw cosplay FTW! :D

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
:D

Mr_Shade
08-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Yeah I was kidding of course :p

would you actually need to present evidence of your age though? I mean I'm caught now of course but theoretically.
Yeap, you would be ID'd on the door ;)

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 08:09 PM
This didn't need its own thread.

lonewarrior30
08-15-2013, 08:37 PM
This didn't need its own thread.

:(

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 08:39 PM
:(

Okay okay, way to guilt trip me D:

However Ashraf did tweet a few days ago there will be a few more gameplay commentaries. I am guessing 2 more. One at Gamescom, One sometime around the middle of september.

Wolfmeister1010
08-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Okay okay, way to guilt trip me D:

However Ashraf did tweet a few days ago there will be a few more gameplay commentaries. I am guessing 2 more. One at Gamescom, One sometime around the middle of september.

Unless of course they do another "inside assassins creed" series like last year.

They did say that there would be another dev diary

SteelCity999
08-15-2013, 09:49 PM
One of the good things, at least from the marketing side, is that we are not hearing all of this justification for why things are different. There has not been this focus on doing 5,000 different animations, and having 20,000 characters on the screen, and how Connor walks, and how we got authentic voice acting......blah blah blah. I remember them doing presentations on the three pillars of AC trying justify what they did. And to top it off, Alex had absolutely no confidence in the ending...what were his words? Given in context it would makes sense?

Both Alex from ACR and AC3, in hindsight, had such a scripted and zero confidence marketing push for the two games. You can see it in the final product. Is it the time crunch that got them? Probably, I'd bet they both could have done much better given flexible release dates.

Ashraf, on the other hand, is so much more confident in his delivery and excitment level for AC4. Dare I say, he reminds me of Patrice talking about AC1 and AC2. I like how they are showing the game so far and have some faith that the end product will represent what they are showing plus some. I think having Darby on board increases expectations as well.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 10:47 PM
I still don't understand how having Darby be the writer increases expectations, seeing as from what I've seen, many people thought the story of ACR was bad. But of course, these are probably the people who think that AC2 and ACB's stories are glorious masterpieces. But in any case, I always imagined that people would have more confidence in Corey May than Darby.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 10:49 PM
I have confidence in both--ACR was the best written Ezio game imo and AC1 was Corey's best work but I find AC3 shaky. People also like Darby because of Embers.

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 10:51 PM
I liked ACR better, too.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
I liked ACR better, too.

I liked everything in ACR except Sofia and the silly cinematic bits.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I actually found AC3's story to be really good, it's just, they don't make everything click together with the side missions (especially the Liberation missions, Homestead missions, and naval missions).

In all honesty, I sort of think they should have made the above listed side missions mandatory, in terms of the story. Or at least they should have had them highly emphasized, similar to how the Assassin Tombs were in AC2.

All of the missions should have been of higher quality, however.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 11:00 PM
I actually found AC3's story to be really good, it's just, they don't make everything click together with the side missions (especially the Liberation missions, Homestead missions, and naval missions).

In all honesty, I sort of think they should have made the above listed side missions mandatory, in terms of the story. Or at least they should have had them highly emphasized, similar to how the Assassin Tombs were in AC2.

All of the missions should have been of higher quality, however.

Yeah the base story was good for the most part but I really didn't like the prison sequence, Haytham's lengthy part and young Connor's bits ( from like 6 to 17 I think) and I thought it wasn't presented as best as it could either...like you said we had to play the homestead missions for large character development that should of been mandatory in the main missions.

ladyleonhart
08-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Yeah the base story was good for the most part but I really didn't like the prison sequence, Haytham's lengthy part and young Connor's bits ( from like 6 to 17 I think) and I thought it wasn't presented as best as it could either...like you said we had to play the homestead missions for large character development that should of been mandatory in the main missions.

I understand what you mean about the prison sequence. However, the prison sequence was actually included for historical accuracy. Then, historically, Thomas Hickey was actually in prison for counterfeiting when they plot against Washington was discovered. Hence, the reason, Connor had to be in the prison. ;)

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I understand what you mean about the prison sequence. However, the prison sequence was actually included for historical accuracy. Then, historically, Thomas Hickey was actually in prison for counterfeiting when they plot against Washington was discovered. Hence, the reason, Connor had to be in the prison. ;)

Regardless, it was rather dull. It's a shame because it could have made for some intricate stealthy mission--relying only on your wits, no weapons. But we played a board game, punched a few yobs and sneaked past one guard to get to Hickey.

I did like the final cut-scenes though, like Lee discovering Connor was the boy in the forest and Achilles' reassurance when he was being walked to the gallows.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 11:16 PM

I actually thought that the prison sequence was fun. I dunno, I enjoyed all of the story, the only problem was the mission design for me.

Oh, and the young Connor bits were from 4-14 years old. Connor was captaining a ship at the young at of 14.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Regardless, it was rather dull. It's a shame because it could have made for some intricate stealthy mission--relying only on your wits, no weapons. But we played a board game, punched a few yobs and sneaked past one guard to get to Hickey.

I did like the final cut-scenes though, like Lee discovering Connor was the boy in the forest and Achilles' reassurance when he was being walked to the gallows.
Stop!
He was a scoundrel
But still a man..

one of the best moments for me

ladyleonhart
08-15-2013, 11:18 PM

I do agree with you about the prison sequence. It could've been better. Yes, they were probably the best parts too. :)

Edit: Actually, I just didn't like seeing Connor in prison. It made me feel sad. :(

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Stop!
He was a scoundrel
But still a man..

one of the best moments for me

Yep...Connor's humility really came to the fore.

My favourite quality of his.

ladyleonhart
08-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Yep...Connor's humility really came to the fore.

My favourite quality of his.

That's why he's my favourite! :D

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 11:25 PM
That's why he's my favourite! :D

it's Kind of funny because he's so brutal and aggressive in combat. :p

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Hutchinson kinda explains this as his outlet for the bitterness and anger at the world...

ladyleonhart
08-15-2013, 11:30 PM

How did you find that funny? :confused:

Hutchinson kinda explains this as his outlet for the bitterness and anger at the world...

Exactly. Thank you. :)

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Well I guess because I fought a lot with guards and one minute I'd be petting a kitty cat, giving money to orphans and then BAM-- I ropedart a fat scotsman. :)

ladyleonhart
08-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Well I guess because I fought a lot with guards and one minute I'd be petting a kitty cat, giving money to orphans and then BAM-- I ropedart a fat scotsman. :)

Lol, when you put it like that I guess I can see where you're coming from. :p

I never ever thought about it like that though. I guess I took it seriously for the most part. :) There were some funny moments though. ;)

SteelCity999
08-16-2013, 12:19 AM
I still don't understand how having Darby be the writer increases expectations, seeing as from what I've seen, many people thought the story of ACR was bad. But of course, these are probably the people who think that AC2 and ACB's stories are glorious masterpieces. But in any case, I always imagined that people would have more confidence in Corey May than Darby.

AC2's story was a gift from history. All the pieces lined up to insert Ezio. You had almost no need for manipulation. What I do think did very well between AC1 and AC2 was how well the historical story and the modern day story meshed together. ACB had a good modern day story but a bad historical story. ACR had a good historical story and no modern one really. AC3 had a pretty good historical story but the modern one was just a failure. I'm not counting the ending (which i was okay with) but Daniel, Abstergo and the like.

Megas_Doux
08-16-2013, 03:02 AM

Connor is a beast!!!!!

Hit two cannoball explosions, impaled by a splinter, and yet he endured.......

ctuagent15
08-16-2013, 03:34 AM
Don't forgot that just because you go around killing guards all the time it doesn't mean that thats what Connor really used to do in his free time

adventurewomen
08-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Connor is a beast!!!!!

Hit two cannoball explosions, impaled by a splinter, and yet he endured.......
Agreed he is, no other Assassin has had to endure those painful injuries.

Templar_Az
08-17-2013, 06:06 AM
Agreed he is, no other Assassin has had to endure those painful injuries.

Altair got his finger chopped off.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Altair got his finger chopped off.Ezio fell about 500m.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Ezio fell about 500m.

And got shot in the shoulder/ribs, and stabbed in the gut twice

pirate1802
08-17-2013, 08:31 AM

Poor Ezio :(

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Connor got shot in the chest three times and stabbed in the chest and lived.

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 08:34 AM

11:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq-oHENLTYg

Farlander1991
08-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Are you sure alternate reality where one can become invisible, transform into an eagle and smash like a bear is a good example? O_o

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Are you sure alternate reality where one can become invisible, transform into an eagle and smash like a bear is a good example? O_o

yes..its still reality but just alternate therefore he did go through that pain :D If not then getting a wooden stake rammed through your stomach while chasing lee is pretty bad too.

Farlander1991
08-17-2013, 09:36 AM
yes..its still reality but just alternate therefore he did go through that pain :D

Yeah, but it also was a world created by the Apple with different rules, and those rules might also be in favour of Connor surviving (since he's one of the people touching the Apple). And even though he did go through that pain in his mind, can we really say that he had to actually endure those injuries?

I think if you want to compare the wounds/pain the Assassins have endured, better stick to the historical reality (and yes, a wooden stake is a pretty big deal).

Megas_Doux
08-17-2013, 01:10 PM

Armor is for weaklings! :P

And in the case of the wound inflicted by the orsi brother, he was months in bed.
Whereas Connor, with a huge wood splinter in the stomach, woke up the.......day after.

All of them suffered injuries, but it is pretty clear Connor justs tanks more.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Armor is for weaklings! :P

And in the case of the wound inflicted by the orsi brother, he was months in bed.
Whereas Connor, with a huge wood splinter in the stomach, woke up the.......day after.

All of them suffered injuries, but it is pretty clear Connor justs tanks more.Ezio falls 500m, gets straight up.

Ezio is shot, wakes up minutes/hours later.

Ezio is stabbed, wakes up minutes later.

Connor gets shot, wakes up 6 months later.

Connor gets stabbed, wakes up after a whole day.

adventurewomen
08-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Altair got his finger chopped off.
Altair is a lightweight, Connor is the heavyweight in terms of who can endure the most pain and still survive.

pacmanate
08-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Altair probably got his finger chopped off at birth, just like circumcision

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Ezio easily has the highest pain threshold, he had to listen to Cesare and Lucrezia argue.

Templar_Az
08-17-2013, 01:31 PM
I wouldl rather go through all the pain of stabbing and getting shot then having my finger chopped off. At least all the other injuries are recoverable, once you lose a a finger you lose it for life.

pacmanate
08-17-2013, 01:34 PM
I wouldl rather go through all the pain of stabbing and getting shot then having my finger chopped off. At least all the other injuries are recoverable, once you lose a a finger you lose it for life.

Yeah but you're speaking from a modern point of view. If you were an Assassin in Altairs day, you would probably sacrifice your finger.

adventurewomen
08-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Two cannonball explosions, Impaled & Shot 3 times. Connor is badass.

pacmanate
08-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Two cannonball explosions, Impaled & Shot 3 times. Connor is badass.

But the impaled and shot 3 times was a dream

Raibuscus
08-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Edward got impaled by a sword and died, lol.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Desmond touched some glass and died.

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:55 PM

Cant beat that lol...

adventurewomen
08-17-2013, 01:56 PM
LMAO, lighter than a feather.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Cant beat that lol...At least he wasn't one of the 5 people a year who die by putting on there pants, yes that's an actual statistic.

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:58 PM
At least he wasn't one of the 5 people a year who die by putting on there pants, yes that's an actual statistic.

Im not going to wear pants tomorrow thanks...

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah, but it also was a world created by the Apple with different rules, and those rules might also be in favour of Connor surviving (since he's one of the people touching the Apple). And even though he did go through that pain in his mind, can we really say that he had to actually endure those injuries?

I think if you want to compare the wounds/pain the Assassins have endured, better stick to the historical reality (and yes, a wooden stake is a pretty big deal).

I personally think that it wasn't so much a world created by the apple, but rather a prediction on what the world could have been like. I personally believe that Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed are in the same universe and that the Red Willow Tea and the Tataus are connected, in the sense that they were both are made from elements affected by some sort of TWCB stuff. Maybe it's the Manna/Ambrosia found in the grand temple, maybe it's just PoE power flowing into things, but I feel like they're the same thing pretty much.

Hans684
08-17-2013, 08:04 PM
I personally think that it wasn't so much a world created by the apple, but rather a prediction on what the world could have been like. I personally believe that Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed are in the same universe and that the Red Willow Tea and the Tataus are connected, in the sense that they were both are made from elements affected by some sort of TWCB stuff. Maybe it's the Manna/Ambrosia found in the grand temple, maybe it's just PoE power flowing into things, but I feel like they're the same thing pretty much.

None of Ubisoft's games is in the same universe, the only thing that connects them is Easter Eggs. But Ubisoft's(or rather Darby) like to call it "ubi-verse". The games have similar concept but that's it's going to be a similar concept.

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 08:18 PM
It's my headcanon that they're in the same universe. I don't care if you don't think they aren't.

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Dont know if anyone knows who this is but ashraf is just like ed boon, biggest trolls ever

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Dont know if anyone knows who this is but ashraf is just like ed boon, biggest trolls everOkay?

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Okay?

Just calling them trolls.

roostersrule2
08-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Just calling them trolls.Ashraf is the game director.

Black_Widow9
08-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Just calling them trolls.
Which is basically what you're doing in this Topic so I'd suggest you stop. Trying to insult anyone isn't allowed here.

I-Like-Pie45
08-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Are we not allowed to insult fictional characters too

Black_Widow9
08-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Are we not allowed to insult fictional characters too
It depends entirely upon the insult. :p

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Which is basically what you're doing in this Topic so I'd suggest you stop. Trying to insult anyone isn't allowed here.

I wasnt trying to troll. Im saying that he is teasing us with this tweet. Ed boon said he can share some info on MKX- http://www.lincoln.com/crossovers/mkx/ Im not trying to troll just saying how directors are like messing with us.

ACfan443
08-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I wish they'd make a normal demo with no commentary, which flowed from beginning to end with no cuts and edits.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2013, 01:04 PM
I wish they'd make a normal demo with no commentary, which flowed from beginning to end with no cuts and edits.

I actually like the commentary. Even though most of the stuff he says is stuff we already know (as the rabid pathetic fanboy/fangirls we are :p) I actually feel quite spoiled if the gameplay reveals exactly how the atmosphere will be like with no interruptions.

ACfan443
08-18-2013, 01:40 PM
I actually like the commentary. Even though most of the stuff he says is stuff we already know (as the rabid pathetic fanboy/fangirls we are :p) I actually feel quite spoiled if the gameplay reveals exactly how the atmosphere will be like with no interruptions.

I feel kind of mislead cause they patch music over particular scenes/actions (perhaps to give it a cinematic/trailer feel) and this creates a false atmosphere, I'd prefer to see the world in its true form rather than having a heavily edited demo.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2013, 02:32 PM
I feel kind of mislead cause they patch music over particular scenes/actions (perhaps to give it a cinematic/trailer feel) and this creates a false atmosphere, I'd prefer to see the world in its true form rather than having a heavily edited demo.

As long as it's an honest representation of the gameplay (AC3 E3 demo, looking at you) I'm fine with it.

pacmanate
08-18-2013, 02:33 PM
As long as it's an honest representation of the gameplay (AC3 E3 demo, looking at you) I'm fine with it.

Hahaha, AC3...

Farlander1991
08-18-2013, 03:23 PM

Well, truth be told, I'm pretty sure AC3 E3 demo was an honest representation of what at the time they thought would be the final gameplay.

I mean, that period of time between announcement and E3 when they had all these interviews about how the player will have lots of choices and opportunities, outside of the naval sections, the only thing we've seen (which makes me think that this was for the most part the only fully showcasable things at the time) were the forts, Sequence 6 and Sequence 7, which were the most true AC parts of the game (and Sequence 7 kinda already starts to show some problems in comparison to Sequence 6, though that concerns the Paul Revere and Concord missions, we were shown mostly Bunker Hill stuff, which was probably finished a lot earlier than the first two). Other stuff was most likely not finished (well, maybe except for a number of Haytham missions, because the dude's got quite a few of them and was kept under secret), and they presumed they'd have enough time to do it in the same way. Of course, this is all presumptions, but based on how development processes go, what we've seen and what they told us, and what we've got in the end, I think that is most likely the case.

And, as much as I respect AC4 team and think that it's awesome, and so far it looks like it does going to fix a lot of AC3 flaws, I try not to forget that AC3 most likely had a lot of hiccups during its development (and post-release process too) which are not a problem for AC4 team anymore thanks to them.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Well, truth be told, I'm pretty sure AC3 E3 demo was an honest representation of what at the time they thought would be the final gameplay.

I mean, that period of time between announcement and E3 when they had all these interviews about how the player will have lots of choices and opportunities, outside of the naval sections, the only thing we've seen (which makes me think that this was for the most part the only fully showcasable things at the time) were the forts, Sequence 6 and Sequence 7, which were the most true AC parts of the game (and Sequence 7 kinda already starts to show some problems in comparison to Sequence 6, though that concerns the Paul Revere and Concord missions, we were shown mostly Bunker Hill stuff, which was probably finished a lot earlier than the first two). Other stuff was most likely not finished (well, maybe except for a number of Haytham missions, because the dude's got quite a few of them and was kept under secret), and they presumed they'd have enough time to do it in the same way. Of course, this is all presumptions, but based on how development processes go, what we've seen and what they told us, and what we've got in the end, I think that is most likely the case.

And, as much as I respect AC4 team and think that it's awesome, and so far it looks like it does going to fix a lot of AC3 flaws, I try not to forget that AC3 most likely had a lot of hiccups during its development (and post-release process too) which are not a problem for AC4 team anymore thanks to them.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you 100%, but I think there was definitely an element of deliberate deception in that demo. Connor's stoic, neutral characterization being a stunning example. I've already had this conversation today in another thread so I don't want to get into it again, but we NEVER saw Connor behave like he did in the E3 trailers. Shoving the guard out of the way, "let the patriots fight their own battles", these were things that Connor didn't do. I think they deliberately made him more aloof and "badass" to make him more appealing to a wider audience, which in turn makes me think they could have intentionally misled us about other things to generate hype.

Farlander1991
08-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I've already had this conversation today in another thread so I don't want to get into it again, but we NEVER saw Connor behave like he did in the E3 trailers. Shoving the guard out of the way, "let the patriots fight their own battles", these were things that Connor didn't do.

I see your point, and I think it's pretty valid, but I don't entirely agree with that it was an intentional misleading kind of thing. Connor didn't let anybody he didn't know touch him (and in the E3 trailer it was precisely that), and I think they kinda wanted to put the demo in an approximate timeline where Connor wasn't enamoured by the idea of the Revolution which would lead to peoples' freedom (he did, in fact, say about the Sons of Liberty that they think he's one of them and they're wrong), hence the "let the patriots fight their own battles". And in the game we do get stuff like "I expect an apology on my return", "Should any of you follow me, I will kill you both" and "This is the last victory I will bring to you".

I think they wanted to put different parts of Connor's personality from different points in time into one (and, you know, he's helping the patriots with food but still, 'et the patriots fight their own battles'? Doesn't seem weird?), which accidentally kinda let to the misleading part of things. And they did say from the start that Connor is intrigued by the idea of the Revolution, btw. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I don't think they wanted to intentionally mislead, more to distil the character. But it kinda backfired.