PDA

View Full Version : Diving

m4st3r171
08-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Ubisoft, I have seen the assasssin's creed gameplay and love it, but its just one thing, when you dive you only comes like a half meter down in the water, it would look better if you atleast came one meter down or even more deeper when you jump from different heights

Zeusel111
08-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Ubisoft, I have seen the assasssin's creed gameplay and love it, but its just one thing, when you dive you only comes like a half meter down in the water, it would look better if you atleast came one meter down or even more deeper when you jump from different heights

We will have real underwater stuff in AC4.

m4st3r171
08-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Yeah i know, but for example when you jump from the ship and are swimming to an island, when you jump down you are diving and comes up already after a half meter (sorry i its hard to understand, my english isnt the best)

m4st3r171
08-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Air dive*

guardian_titan
08-15-2013, 03:42 PM
They likely kept the diving into the water distance so short to avoid clipping with the ground. Imagine if you pulled the Jackdaw in close to a sandbar and you decided to Leap of Faith off into the water. If it's shallow but the animation has you dive deep, Edward would go through the ground before coming back up. Easier to err on the side of caution and have the dive always be shallow than to have him potentially clip into the ground or a rock. That'd look pretty silly. And I'm sure the programmers have more things to worry about than dive distance. Only other option they have is to restrict you from doing Leaps of Faith in some areas which might lead to you killing yourself because you thought the spot was save to dive into. In a game where we can leap into a bush or a pile of hay from 100 feet or better up, I can suspend disbelief when it comes to how shallow Edward's dive is. :p