PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Haytham's name has any significance?

LoyalACFan
08-15-2013, 12:57 AM
I know it's connected to the whole "eagle" thing when translated from Arabic, but it's an exceedingly odd name for a British nobleman to have. Maybe I'm grasping at straws here, but do you think Black Flag will show any real reason why Edward named him as such?

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Haytham's name is of Middle Eastern origin, Haytham mentions his name origins in the beginning of the Forsaken book.

According to some searching on Google Haytham means Young Eagle in Arabic.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/haytham

http://www.arabic-online.co.uk/arabic-names/haytham/

I think that Edward wanted his son to have a connection to Altair and maybe Edward was fascinated with Altair's life and decided to name his son after the significant turning point for the Assassin Order. Hopefully yeah I hope that AC4 looks upon this, it would be nice information to know.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Well Darby DID say that all Past protagonists get mentioned in BF(and some seen) so maybe Altair has something to do with it. Or maybe he just befriends an Arab.

I-Like-Pie45
08-15-2013, 01:37 AM
Haytham is the word for taco in Arabic

LoyalACFan
08-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Well Darby DID say that all Past protagonists get mentioned in BF(and some seen) so maybe Altair has something to do with it. Or maybe he just befriends an Arab.

Good news then, M, there's a possibility that you'll get to see your precious Ezio again :D

In all seriousness though, it would be cool to have significant references to Altair and Ezio. IMO they've never found quite the right balance between "too many references" and "not enough references". AC2 trilogy had way too much Altair stuff, but AC3 felt strangely detached from the previous protagonists.

AC2_alex
08-15-2013, 02:56 AM
AC3 felt strangely detached from the previous protagonists.

Perhaps this was intentional since the Assassin Order was almost completely wiped out in the Colonies when Connor found it.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 03:31 AM
I don't feel like Connor even truly became an Assassin until the end of the game.

AC2_alex
08-15-2013, 03:33 AM
I don't feel like Connor even truly became an Assassin until the end of the game.

This is why I would love a Connor sequel. There's still so much story they can tell.

ze_topazio
08-15-2013, 03:59 AM
Good news then, M, there's a possibility that you'll get to see your precious Ezio again :D

In all seriousness though, it would be cool to have significant references to Altair and Ezio. IMO they've never found quite the right balance between "too many references" and "not enough references". AC2 trilogy had way too much Altair stuff, but AC3 felt strangely detached from the previous protagonists.

I get the feeling that if Brotherhood and Revelations had not existed, Ezio would have been a lot more mentioned in AC3, just like Altair in AC2.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Perhaps this was intentional since the Assassin Order was almost completely wiped out in the Colonies when Connor found it.

True, but it felt really awkward when Achilles was like "I have a lot to tell you about Assassins" *fade to black* "Well, that pretty much wraps it up." Even though he'd just be saying things we already knew as longtime fans, it was kind of an important part of Connor's development that was totally skipped over. And before you ask, I feel the same way about the lame scenes in AC2 where Mario explains the Order to Ezio while he's in the fight ring.

Hopefully Edward's induction will be a bit more satisfying since he doesn't come from an Assassin background and therefore knows literally NOTHING about the Assassin-Templar war...

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 04:04 AM
I hope they teach Edward how to do a leap of faith.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2013, 04:05 AM
I hope they teach Edward how to do a leap of faith.

Are actual leaps of faith still in though, or does he just dive into the water? Hay carts wouldn't really make sense in this setting.

AC2_alex
08-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Are actual leaps of faith still in though, or does he just dive into the water? Hay carts wouldn't really make sense in this setting.

Would sugar cane be able to break a 100 meter fall as well as a bale of hay??? I doubt it.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Would sugar cane be able to break a 100 meter fall as well as a bale of hay??? I doubt it.

Well realistically, hay couldn't either, so sugarcane might work :p

I dunno, I wouldn't mind a few hay bales if they were only under the viewpoints. If there are hay carts everywhere and no horses, well, it might seem weird.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 04:19 AM

A leap of faith in the water is still a leap of faith.

So.. yes.

Also, Havana has many viewpoints, I doubt there are really deep puddles for us to jump into.

AC2_alex
08-15-2013, 04:35 AM
Also, Havana has many viewpoints, I doubt there are really deep puddles for us to jump into.

I dunno... AC logic though...