PDA

View Full Version : High Hopes for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's bugs & glitches?

phoenix-force411
08-14-2013, 06:42 AM
I haven't posted on the AC Forums for awhile, but I'm just curious. Does anyone have any high hopes that this game will have some major bugs or glitches that can really ruin the experience of the Story mode? From experience with the first four AC games, there wasn't any apparent bugs or glitches within missions or side quests that could really hinder the player's experience. But with Assassin's Creed III, we had:

Pausing Frames that ruin lip syncing with dialogues.
Missions disappearing if neglected after certain sequences
Side quests not showing up on map or bugging out making it not possible to complete.
And many more I can't think of on top....

I really had some fun with ACIII, but I can't lie that I want to play it over again. I actually had to delete my saves twice. First one, full of the unfixed bugs. Second, I got to 92% only to figure out that one of the delivery quests were bugged and would not appear, and so I deleted that one because it was bothering me, and knowing Ubisoft, a possible patch may not come out to fix it(unfortunately, a patch did come out to fix it). My third one, I am at 91% and I express no interest to make it 100% anytime soon. I got so sick of the full sync requirements within ACIII that I can't go a second playthrough unlike the other ones besides the first game.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 06:46 AM
I agree with you 100%.

PD I have not experienced any single major bug in AC3.....

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 06:48 AM
There`s no guarantee for it i`m afraid...

phoenix-force411
08-14-2013, 06:49 AM
What I put up on the bulletin points were the bugs that were apparent upon release before patches covered all that up like makeup.

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 06:51 AM
What I put up on the bulletin points were the bugs that were apparent upon release before patches covered all that up like makeup.
we take what we can get...it`s either make up or botox...at least make up is good

phoenix-force411
08-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Although there's no guarantee, we can't ignore that ACIII was almost unbeatable during release. If you were very lucky, the game would run smoothly, but for most it did not.

phoenix-force411
08-14-2013, 06:55 AM
we take what we can get...it`s either make up or buttocks...at least make up is good

Well, yeah, I suppose. If it were buttocks, I don't think I'd ever touch the game again after beating the main story missions with full sync.

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Although there's no guarantee, we can't ignore that ACIII was almost unbeatable during release. If you were very lucky, the game would run smoothly, but for most it did not.
Ignoring or not ignoring AC III has nothing to do with this. it really wont change anything...We have no guarantee either way and there`s nothing we can do about it sadly...you can either take the risk or wait for someone to tell you their experience....I`v had a non-game breaking experience myself, though I see where you`re coming from

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Well, most of the bugs I encountered in AC III were of the funny and sexy kind, but I heard it was pretty bad for some others.

phoenix-force411
08-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Well, most of the bugs I encountered in AC III were of the funny and sexy kind, but I heard it was pretty bad for some others.

The most apparent one was the bugged Homestead Missions. Some people didn't even know know what they were, because it never showed up due to the players' pace of progression. If you progressed the game too fast, they had a high risk of bugging. I was one of the many who didn't know what Homestead missions were until their save was bugged.

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 07:19 AM
The most apparent one was the bugged Homestead Missions. Some people didn't even know know what they were, because it never showed up due to the players' pace of progression. If you progressed the game too fast, they had a high risk of bugging. I was one of the many who didn't know what Homestead missions were until their save was bugged.

Actually, a similar thing happened to me. No new Homestead mission would show up. Then I came to know that I had an unfinished one that required me to buy some tools from a shop, which I had accepted but forgot to complete. Doing that opened the rest of the missions.

poptartz20
08-14-2013, 08:37 AM
well... like it has been stated no way to know for sure so keeping our fingers crossed is the best thing we can do. Also hoping that the huge play testing that they are having for the game each week are really helping with bug catching.

roostersrule2
08-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Lets hope if there are some bugs they can be funny, like RDR's.

pacmanate
08-14-2013, 10:51 AM
we take what we can get...it`s either make up or buttocks...at least make up is good

Do you mean Botox?....

Anyway, AC3 had loads of bugs in cutscenes. Sometimes I had people walk through Connor, sometimes other peoples lips wouldnt move. Sometimes Connor would stand the wrong way and do a Chucky and spin its head around etc. All these things made me question life.

roostersrule2
08-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Haha no bugs for any of my games hehehe. Skyrim and AC3 were both my *****.

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Well, I believe that most games have bugs and glitches. Especially, if they are adding new elements and trying different things. I was unfortunate to encounter the bug in AC: Liberation. I played it in May and honestly I didn't think about bugs and glitches. If I did, I would have probably assumed that the problems would have been fixed by now. The fact is, I was around at 80% completion on Liberation. I saved my game and when I came back to it later. It wouldn't open. o_0; Then it said something like file corrupted. I was so annoyed and frustrated considering I had almost finished. Luckily though, I enjoyed the game enough to overlook that and play it again from the beginning... after downloading the patch to fix it, of course. :) I think it was a combination of being new to Vita, and I didn't know there was a corrupt save file issue.

Anyway, yes, I expect there to be some bugs and glitches. Some people though, might be very lucky and not experience any at all. Then I think it may be better to maybe expect some and then it's not so disappointing. Or the best thing really would be to enjoy the game for what it is. :D You may get a glitch but just deal with it when it happens, and there'll probably be a lot of people on the same Jackdaw. ;)