PDA

View Full Version : Can AC learn something from Watchdogs?

SteelCity999
08-13-2013, 08:38 PM
One of Watchdogs features is that other players can invade your game. Your job is to stop them before they disrupt and hack you.

What if AC brought back the stalker idea from ACR but used other players to hunt you down? It could act just like Wanted in multiplayer with whispers letting you know someone is close, and maybe some other queues that are subtle.

Interesting? Ubi seems to be doing alot of this with Drive Club and Watchdogs. Could AC be next?

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Honestly, I don't like the idea of other players in my SP, and I'll likely play Watch_Dogs offline if they prove to be too disruptive. If I want a bunch of random *******s pestering me, I'll play MP.

Sushiglutton
08-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't be suprised if AC went that direction as it is "the thing" right now. Has no interest in it myself. Too many jerks out there, do not want them in my game. Nor am I interested in being in theirs.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't want other people in my game.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't be suprised if AC went that direction as it is "the thing" right now. Has no interest in it myself. Too many jerks out there, do not want them in my game. Nor am I interested in being in theirs.

Agreed, I think it's just a fad.

That said... OP, I totally forgot about this, but you actually can connect with other players in the modern part much like Watch_Dogs. Apparently you can compare research notes with friends or something, to help you find content you may have missed in the present.

adventurewomen
08-13-2013, 08:50 PM
I honestly don't follow the news for the Watchdogs game, so I can't comment on that game.

I liked the stalker feature in Revelations, it would be great to see that feature come back. I always seemed to kill the stalker before they got me anyway! :p

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
If I have my fleet like shepards and I have the ability to go ham, fine. But otherwise this sounds lik a bootleg idea

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
If AC didn't have a separate multiplayer mode, I really wouldn't mind some optional MP features being incorporated into SP. Would be neat. But, since there is one, don't see the point. In MP everybody's pretty much a stalker to everybody anyway :D

Spider_Sith9
08-13-2013, 10:09 PM
The Souls Series made this PvP thing popular right now. I for one, welcome it.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 10:57 PM
yeah I dont want other people in my game either. get your own game.

Assassin_M
08-13-2013, 11:24 PM
I`m alone in my game as far as i`m concerned...

Locopells
08-13-2013, 11:45 PM
I honestly don't follow the news for the Watchdogs game, so I can't comment on that game.

I liked the stalker feature in Revelations, it would be great to see that feature come back. I always seemed to kill the stalker before they got me anyway! :p

I think the hacking thing is the MP side of WD, you can connect with other players, simular to ACIV:BF modern day, but not mess around with their game.

As for the second, there's nothing like playing ACR to give you a heart attack, if you're not really keeping an ear out for the stalkers...

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 11:52 PM
I`m alone in my game as far as i`m concerned...

Every time I see your sig now, a little part of my innocence dies.

adventurewomen
08-13-2013, 11:53 PM
I think the hacking thing is the MP side of WD, you can connect with other players, simular to ACIV:BF modern day, but not mess around with their game.

As for the second, there's nothing like playing ACR to give you a heart attack, if you're not really keeping an ear out for the stalkers...
Haha yeah I agree! :D

------------------------------------------------

I would like to add, that my AC gameplay, I want to keep that experience personal. I don't need another Uplay member hacking into my own personal animus to annoy me & make me mess up my optional objectives!

Hans684
08-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Or instead of naval MP we can like WD seamlessly go in someone elses game and try to kill them. You see your attacker and ordinary enemy ship, the person attacking see a ordinary enemy ship. Same system as WD MP, There is never going to be two Aiden's on screen, like there is never going to be two Edward's and Jackdaw's on screen.