PDA

View Full Version : Havana gameplay here!!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Havana gameplay here!!!!!!!!
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/13/assassins-creed-iv-stealth-experience-walkthrough

You saw it here first!!!! *****es!!!

Wow I actually won my bet

catkiller97
08-13-2013, 05:20 PM
YT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW30tQfQR4U

Sushiglutton
08-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Won't watch, will explore for myself when I play the game. Please tell me stealth looks good?

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 05:27 PM
IT SAYS STEALTH IN THE [edit] title.. SOMEONE THERE AT UBISOFT CARES ABOUT STEALTH. I LOVE STEALTH. THIS THING LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.

Tumblr girls, you can now play as a shirtless Edward with slow-mo close ups of his body. You're going to enjoy it.

Damn it La Habana is absolutely gorgeous. Soundtrack is awesome.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

pacmanate
Won't watch, will explore for myself when I play the game. Please tell me stealth looks good?

looks crap, but you should watch it to know if im lying

Wolfmeister1010

1. Eagle vision see through walls

2. New hidespots

3. Throw knife

4. Blowpipe is awesome.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 05:28 PM
IT SAYS STEALTH IN THE MOTHERF*CKING title.. SOMEONE THERE AT UBISOFT CARES ABOUT STEALTH. I LOVE STEALTH. THIS THING LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.

Tumblr girls, you can now play as a shirtless Edward with slow-mo close ups of his body. You're going to enjoy it.

Damn it La Habana is absolutely gorgeous. Soundtrack is awesome.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

I love throwing knives!!!! !!!!!!!! Amazing gun sounds!!!!

Nassau is sexyyyyyyl!!!!!!!

Havana is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYESSSSS

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Did you guys see that awesome disguise that Edward could use!!!!??????

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 05:31 PM
it says stealth in the motherf*cking title.. Someone there at ubisoft cares about stealth. I love stealth. This thing looks beautiful.

Tumblr girls, you can now play as a shirtless edward with slow-mo close ups of his body. You're going to enjoy it.

Damn it la habana is absolutely gorgeous. Soundtrack is awesome.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

huuuggg me!!!!!!!

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Eagle vision can see through walls? That sounds like something that should be an upgrade for eagle vision.

Ubisoft, stahp changing Eagle Vision, just incorporate all of the past mechanics and make them accessible via upgrade missions :(

lonewarrior30
The music,the atmosphere oh my lord.

ArabianFrost
Now that I've cooled down, I'll give you my more balanced verdict in a while. I just need to get over the sheer hype. It's not a Havana demo per se. It's a stealth demo,. Consider it as such.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Eagle vision can see through walls? That sounds like something that should be an upgrade for eagle vision.

Ubisoft, stahp changing Eagle Vision, just incorporate all of the past mechanics and make them accessible via upgrade missions :(

That's a disguise?eeeehhhh looked like a gay Edward.

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm glad for the unarmed post-underwater sections (I remember that's something what I said in one of my blog posts I wanted from the Hickey mission, to scavenge for tools and weapons, because you don't do that enough in AC, and finally there's some reason to). So far seems like they're tightening up a lot of things, giving reason to do things that there was no reason to do in any of the previous games (and AC3 especially). Still am not sure about the amount of weapons and stuff like that, seems quantity over quality once again, but we'll see.

Overall looks pretty cool :)

EDIT: Where have you seen a disguise? O_o

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 05:35 PM
huuuggg me!!!!!!!

Over that soundtrack?

I'd hug a hedgehog over that heavenly soundtrack.

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm glad for the unarmed post-underwater sections (I remember that's something what I said in one of my blog posts I wanted from the Hickey mission, to scavenge for tools and weapons, because you don't do that enough in AC, and finally there's some reason to). So far seems like they're tightening up a lot of things, giving reason to do things that there was no reason to do in any of the previous games (and AC3 especially). Still am not sure about the amount of weapons and stuff like that, seems quantity over quality once again, but we'll see.

Overall looks pretty cool :)

EDIT: Where have you seen a disguise? O_o
In the beginning few seconds. Edward is in a sexy hat

Kaschra
08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Oh my god Havanna looks so beautiful!
And it looks like a lot of fun to freerun, too <3
And the music! I already love it! :D

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
In the beginning few seconds. Edward is in a sexy hat

That's not Edward, that's Julien du Casse.

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Awesome! (granted I've never been a fan of stealth but still)

I'm guessing someone is going to take screen caps for the stuff they flew by at 5:01 to 5:05?

Locopells
08-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Oh man, the hype!

And who was it said we weren't getting this today after the unboxing trailer came out?!

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Btw, quick google shows that Julien du Casse probably has something to do with this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_du_Casse) who dies in 1715 ;)

prince162010
08-13-2013, 05:43 PM
JUST ONE WORD it's amazing

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Now that I've cooled down, I'll give you my more balanced verdict in a while. I just need to get over the sheer hype. It's not a Havana demo per se. It's a stealth demo,. Consider it as such.

no one cares about your verdict :P

Havana looks amazing, and so do Nassau and Kingston.

Mmm, Havana managed to remind me of New Orleans from Liberation.

Oh hey, just realized I forgot to put New Orleans in a spot on my list of favorite cities. It's probably near the bottom though. :/ Only thing I really liked about New Orleans was the huge church.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 05:47 PM
I really hope the official AC channel comes out with their version soon. I want to download the version without the stupid IGN watermark.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 05:49 PM
BTW guys, if you look closely at his waist, you can clearly see holsters.

ze_topazio
08-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Great, we can climb tents, hated being unable to climb them in AC3.

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Great, we can climb tents, hated being unable to climb them in AC3.

Is that the only thing you are excited about?

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 05:58 PM

I think you're seeing things that aren't there. I only watched the full video in 360p, but it doesn't look like there are holsters in this video yet. And if there are, I'm disappointed in their size..

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Alright... I've been trying to manage my excitement by remaining cautiously optimistic, but... this looks utterly fantastic. The developers look like they've really pulled out all the stops for this one. I can't freaking wait.

Just a few things I noticed;

-Running dual assassination with swords, right before he boards Julian's ship
-He takes his hood down after finishing the contract (why?)
-Jaguars, killer whales, ocelots, and red howler monkeys definitively confirmed
-Crapton of upgrades, most interestingly figureheads for the ship (I guess they weren't kidding :D)
-Eagle Vision CAN'T actually see through walls; you can see this when he finds his contract target. Simply, if you visually acquire your target in Eagle Vision, he will remain marked with a red aura visible through walls. Which is good IMO, I wouldn't want EV to turn into X-ray vision.
-Dat waterfall :eek:

ze_topazio
08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Is that the only thing you are excited about?

Yes, i love them tents. http://i.imgur.com/N0eQRo6.png

roostersrule2
08-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Alright... I've been trying to manage my excitement by remaining cautiously optimistic, but... this looks utterly fantastic. The developers look like they've really pulled out all the stops for this one. I can't freaking wait.

Just a few things I noticed;

-Running dual assassination with swords, right before he boards Julian's ship
-He takes his hood down after finishing the contract (why?)
-Jaguars, killer whales, ocelots, and red howler monkeys definitively confirmed
-Crapton of upgrades, most interestingly figureheads for the ship (I guess they weren't kidding :D)
-Eagle Vision CAN'T actually see through walls; you can see this when he finds his contract target. Simply, if you visually acquire your target in Eagle Vision, he will remain marked with a red aura visible through walls. Which is good IMO, I wouldn't want EV to turn into X-ray vision.
-Dat waterfall :eek:It was perfect, that whole jungle part was so good.

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 06:11 PM
BTW, I'm really glad that the assassination contract has got this thing that you get more money if you aren't detected. Stuff like that is much better than desynch on detection. Positive reinforcement instead of negative one. That's always cool.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 06:12 PM
btw, i'm really glad that the assassination contract has got this thing that you get more money if you aren't detected. Stuff like that is much better than desynch on detection. Positive reinforcement instead of negative one. That's always cool.

yes

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Everything from a gameplay point of view looks solid to me.

Now we just need a great narrative and mission design.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 06:13 PM
I think you're seeing things that aren't there. I only watched the full video in 360p, but it doesn't look like there are holsters in this video yet. And if there are, I'm disappointed in their size..

Only around the waist though. I'm guessing the chest ones will come out in the upgraded version of this. It's something, considering the technical difficulties.

http://i.imgur.com/qoCQ0m9.png

Wolfmeister1010

I don't think so

ProletariatPleb
Noice

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Noice

What do you think about those little holster straps though? Are they enough??

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Only around the waist though. I'm guessing the chest ones will come out in the upgraded version of this. It's something, considering the technical difficulties.

I'm pretty sure that those have been there from the beginning.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:16 PM
What do you think about those little holster straps though? Are they enough??

I dont see how they dont fall out to be honest but who cares.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 06:17 PM
It was perfect, that whole jungle part was so good.

Even the simple villages looked better than Boston and had more verticality. Yes, they care about climbing.

Also, plus points to them for making hiding spots make sense. There aren't much hay bales in 18th century west indies. The game doesn't even have horses.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Ugh. Those look like they're about to fall out. I was expecting actual holsters.

Well, maybe we can get better ones as part of the customization options.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Even the simple villages looked better than Boston and had more verticality. Yes, they care about climbing.

Also, plus points to them for making hiding spots make sense. There aren't much hay bales in 18th century west indies. The game doesn't even have horses.

Ignoring that jab at Boston..

I'd be more concerned about what we jump into after a leap of faith, not the hiding spots.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Havana does look really small though compared to Boston. Although it does look more dense.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Havana does look really small though compared to Boston. Although it does look more dense.

quality over quantity.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Dense is better than drab, brown, bland feel of Boston/Newyork

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 06:22 PM
But they're both high-quality.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Dense is better than drab, brown, bland feel of Boston/Newyork

Yeah thats what I kinda meant, which kinda rendered my post pointless. But smaller and more dense is a good thing. Actually I think its the same size of Boston if you take away the random blank areas.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
my colonial spirit is hurt

x___Luffy___x
08-13-2013, 06:24 PM
best looking AC world for me and we've got stealth too :) and the jungles are freaking awesome... love it.

and now at this point i dont even care about the holsters if they are not there anymore, i just wanna play this game so much :D

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Im also glad at how vibrant Havana looks. The colours etc, same goes for just the sea areas. Can't wait to play this on next gen.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 06:25 PM
best looking AC world for me and we've got stealth too
Exactly, haven't been this excited for an AC game since 2.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Exactly, haven't been this excited for an AC game since 2.

Okay you guys have to calm the hell down. Yes, stealth = excellent, cities = excellent.

But if the story is ****, that will bring the whole thing down.
If we have **** mission design, same thing goes.

Dont get over excited. Get excited that we have stealth, but don't get excited for the overall game too much.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I hope this helps M get over the bet. It's probably the best reward for losing a bet.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Concerning holsters... The little strap is OK, just as long as something is holding it on. Is it there in gameplay though? That's my concern. I can see it in the cutscene at the pigeon coop, but beyond that I can't tell.

And as far as I can tell there's nothing on the chest either.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Okay you guys have to calm the hell down. Yes, stealth = excellent, cities = excellent.

Dont get over excited. Get excited that we have stealth, but don't get excited for the overall game too much.
I haz faith that it will be great........but nothing wrong with catiously being excited.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:30 PM
I haz faith that it will be great........but nothing wrong with catiously being excited.

I have faith too, but some people are going over the top. Like I said, get excited for the right reasons. It wasn't really aimed at you

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 06:32 PM

I think you're being too negative...

Story and mission design are huge, but even if they suck I think I'm going to have a ton of fun simply exploring the world, getting upgrades, doing side missions, etc. I didn't care for AC3's story and I despised its mission design, but it didn't (IMO) have the redeeming open-world qualities that AC4 does. I didn't particularly like any of the maps, and most side content was dull. With AC4, that doesn't seem to be the case.

ze_topazio
08-13-2013, 06:33 PM
The demo was okay, it didn't really impress me that much.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 06:33 PM
I didn't care for AC3's story and I despised its mission design, but it didn't (IMO) have the redeeming open-world qualities that AC4 does. I didn't particularly like any of the maps, and most side content was dull. With AC4, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Pretty much this, every word.

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 06:35 PM

Story and mission design are huge, but even if they suck I think I'm going to have a ton of fun simply exploring the world, getting upgrades, doing side missions, etc. I didn't care for AC3's story and I despised its mission design, but it didn't (IMO) have the redeeming open-world qualities that AC4 does. I didn't particularly like any of the maps, and most side content was dull. With AC4, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can't say anything about mission design, but I trust Darby to come up with some pretty awesome and emotionally engaging story.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Which is funny, because I thought people hated Darby back with ACR?

Rugterwyper32
08-13-2013, 06:40 PM

I don't think they hated him exactly (ACR had an amazing storyline overall), but because of certain... very unique setpieces. Admittedly, things like Ezio parachuting down through Constantinople and that cart chase were pretty ridiculous.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't know anyone who 'hated' Darby(maybe humantowel). The story was nice....certainly nicer than Brotherlulz

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 06:42 PM

I wouldnt say im being negative at all. I praise what i have seen and am being cautious of story deliverance and mission design.

x___Luffy___x
08-13-2013, 06:44 PM
there is lot of customizations for jackdaw, lot of swords, jackdaw figureheads, animal pelts and sails, i noticed a lot of colors of sails, a full black with skulls, green ones and a lot others...

customization is looking great too :)

Jexx21
AC3 did disappoint me, but I still love it. I just expected more from it. :/

I'm hoping AC4 won't disappoint

Hans684

There is a rumor that La Vople's Eagle Vision can see through walls.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 06:47 PM
I don't think they hated him exactly (ACR had an amazing storyline overall), but because of certain... very unique setpieces. Admittedly, things like Ezio parachuting down through Constantinople and that cart chase were pretty ridiculous.

I doubt that was Darby's idea. It didn't seem like something the writers would have come up with, but rather the mission designers who felt they needed a big set-piece for the finale. Granted, it turned out horribly, but I wouldn't blame Darby for it.

In any case, he's my favorite of the AC writers. Corey May could possibly reclaim the throne, but AC3 shook my faith in him.

Rugterwyper32
08-13-2013, 06:48 PM
And now to comment on my thoughts on this proper: WHOA HAVANA LOOKS AMAZING I was expecting that and I'm happy. Can't wait to get lost in this world. People say it looks smaller, we thought that of Boston as well and what I'm thinking is it'll be about as big but more packed, without all the big areas that had few buildings in them. No Beacon Hill type areas, y'know. Kingston looks pretty wonderful considering the little view we had on it, it'll take the nice British Colonial architecture we saw in AC3 and blend it in more with nature. Here's hoping we finally get windmill viewpoints. And I can't wait to see more of Nassau and all the chaos that I'm sure will constantly be going on around it.
Stealth looks really well made and a great improvement over... pretty much the rest of the series, admittedly, we have the elements and if the AI has improved enough it'll be impressive. Ridin' the hype train.

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 06:49 PM
I doubt that was Darby's idea. It didn't seem like something the writers would have come up with, but rather the mission designers who felt they needed a big set-piece for the finale. Granted, it turned out horribly, but I wouldn't blame Darby for it.

In any case, he's my favorite of the AC writers. Corey May could possibly reclaim the throne, but AC3 shook my faith in him.

I personally think AC3 past storyline was great (mission design, not so, but, hey, I still enjoyed the levels the first time I played them, and I've talked enough about it on my blog anyway...), and the biggest problem with the present one was not as much the plot itself, but the way it was delivered (and I'm sure the parallel development schedule really played a nasty role in this).

silvermercy
I'm late to the party. Who is the guy in a hat and red cape?? Edward?

ProletariatPleb

Are you...me?

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm late to the party. Who is the guy in a hat and red cape?? Edward?

Julien du Casse, our assassination target.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 06:50 PM
And now to comment on my thoughts on this proper: WHOA HAVANA LOOKS AMAZING I was expecting that and I'm happy. Can't wait to get lost in this world. People say it looks smaller, we thought that of Boston as well and what I'm thinking is it'll be about as big but more packed, without all the big areas that had few buildings in them. No Beacon Hill type areas, y'know. Kingston looks pretty wonderful considering the little view we had on it, it'll take the nice British Colonial architecture we saw in AC3 and blend it in more with nature. Here's hoping we finally get windmill viewpoints. And I can't wait to see more of Nassau and all the chaos that I'm sure will constantly be going on around it.
Stealth looks really well made and a great improvement over... pretty much the rest of the series, admittedly, we have the elements and if the AI has improved enough it'll be impressive. Ridin' the hype train.

I get the feeling that people wouldn't care about the colonial architecture if the buildings were taller and the landmarks a lot larger. :/

I'm starting to understand that gripe now. It's not with the architectural style itself, but rather the size of the buildings.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 06:52 PM
I get the feeling that people wouldn't care about the colonial architecture if the buildings were taller and the landmarks a lot larger. :/

I'm starting to understand that gripe now. It's not with the architectural style itself, but rather the size of the buildings.
Took you a while...

SteelCity999
The best thing so far about AC4 is that there seems to be a focus on doing what the series has done well and bringing it back with the next gen and the Anvilnext engine. I think there is more focus on making things better instead of trying to reinvent the wheel (as in AC3) and come up short. ACR had a good story - it was just short. Mission design was its big weakpoint. I think overall there is much more confidence in this game than AC3. AC4 will be what AC3 should have been. Yes, its early to say that but I think it will hold true. I like what I see so far.

silvermercy
Julien du Casse, our assassination target.
lol okay thanks!

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 06:53 PM
I personally think AC3 past storyline was great (mission design, not so, but, hey, I still enjoyed the levels the first time I played them), and the biggest problem with the present one was not as much the plot itself, but the way it was delivered (and I'm sure the parallel development schedule really played a nasty role in this).

I feel like the AC3 story had all the components to be amazing, but the delivery was somehow absolutely mangled. Pacing was terrible, many of Connor's motivations seemed to appear out of nowhere, and Desmond... good Lord.

Anyway, I'm just glad Darby's at the helm. I'm convinced he'll do right by the story.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Took you a while...
Could have been explained to me.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Could have been explained to me.
It's been mentioned dozens of times, lol

pirate1802
08-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Moi La Habana.. how beautiful art thee..

Also dat soundtrack..

And dat forest..

And dat feeling (first time since AC1) of stealthily completing a mission and run away.

Also props for giving the player added bonus for completing a mission stealthily rather than constraining him.

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 07:03 PM
And dat feeling (first time since AC1) of stealthily completing a mission and run away.

About that, it was more reminiscent of AC2's chase system where guards give up easily (after all, they still noticed Edward and initiated a chase)... I hope that it's just for demo purposes. I enjoyed AC1's and AC3's chase systems much more than AC2's.

pirate1802
08-13-2013, 07:08 PM
About that, it was more reminiscent of AC2's chase system where guards give up easily (after all, they still noticed Edward and initiated a chase)... I hope that it's just for demo purposes. I enjoyed AC1's and AC3's chase systems much more than AC2's.

Yeah I noticed that but I thought it was the system being "alerted" because he performed a high profile action but no guards gave him the chase because none were alive around him. Did any guards actually initiate the chase? I didn't see any, just heard the "alerted" sound. Could be wrong though. I've seen such situation many times in many AC games where you'd hear the "alerted" sound one you assassinate someone, but since all nearby guards were dead you'll not actually go into the alerted state.

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah I noticed that but I thought it was the system being "alerted" because he performed a high profile action but no guards gave him the chase because none were alive around him. Did any guards actually initiate the chase? I didn't see any, just heard the "alerted" sound. Could be wrong though. I've seen such situation many times in many AC games where you'd hear the "alerted" sound one you assassinate someone, but since all nearby guards were dead you'll not actually go into the alerted state.

Well, as far as I understand, hood - not seen by guards, eye - seen by guards, and the color is the state, and it was a red eye after the kill. (And you can notice that for the first time it was a yellow hood before that, meaning that guards were alerted but did not see you yet, and then saw you). So the chase had to be initiated.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Yeah I didnt get that part either

dxsxhxcx
08-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I hope we are able to turn off (or simply not use) the ability to see through walls, but the trailer was cool...

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Chasing in AC4 is going to be far less aggressive in order to allow players to re-enter stealth mode quickly in case you get caught. It's apparently supposed to promote the use of stealth and entering it.

This is not speculation. This is confirmed with articles and stuff. I'm just too lazy :-/

luckyto
08-13-2013, 07:34 PM

Havana is tiny. I loved the demo, but this is one of the things I was afraid of when they began to announce how many islands and locations existed. Something had to go. Compared to Boston, that's probably 20% (or less) of the size. It looks more like the size of Forli from AC2, or perhaps even smaller.

AC3, had, probably the biggest roaming area. Both Boston and New York were huge. I'm fairly certain that all of Rome would have fit inside of Boston. Before you even consider the huge expanse of the frontier, Boston and New York were bigger than all of AC1 or AC2 maps. Unfortunately, it was TOOOO much; and so they felt a little empty - because they were simply so big. And they were too alike, making them a little boring.

But this, this looks like the cities have swung too far the other direction. Too too small. At the very least, we will get three unique cities - much like AC1 and AC2 had different city maps with it's own distinct atmosphere.

It is beautiful though. I think they will look great.

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 07:35 PM
For all of you guys saying that havana is small, remember this:

1. Constantinople was quite a bit smaller than Rome, but it felt 3 times bigger because it was denser.

2. Did you see the first few seconds in the vid?? Just that one view of what was likely a third of havana was HUGE!

3. The map of Boston (least the city portion) is not that big either.

4. In fact, none of the maps of cities have ever been that big! It's just a birds eye illusion. I am sure it will be a lot bigger than it looks.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Less aggressive than AC3 anyway.

luckyto
08-13-2013, 07:37 PM

Me too. The main problem with AC3's chase system was that it very hard to find a hiding spot often. Especially on the roofs. And to break line of sight, as the guards kept pretty close to your tail. AC1's remains the best. It's still a blast.

luckyto
08-13-2013, 07:40 PM
For all of you guys saying that havana is small, remember this:

1. Constantinople was quite a bit smaller than Rome, but it felt 3 times bigger because it was denser.

2. Did you see the first few seconds in the vid?? Just that one view of what was likely a third of havana was HUGE!

3. The map of Boston (least the city portion) is not that big either.

4. In fact, none of the maps of cities have ever been that big! It's just a birds eye illusion. I am sure it will be a lot bigger than it looks.

1) Constantinople is not much smaller than Rome. Maybe 75-80% and then there was the hidden underground city. And certainly denser.

2) look at the Map. You can see how many blocks and buildings are in the whole city.

3) Boston is HUGE. Walking from end-to-end in that city takes as long, or longer, than traversing all of Rome. That one map is bigger than Brotherhood or Revelations. New York is just as huge. And the frontier is just massive. AC2's Venice, Florence, AC1's Damascus, Jerusalem, and Acre were all just right. None of them were huge, but big enough. Havana looks like Forli. Go back to AC2 and visit Forli. That's the size of Havana.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Boston and New York aren't that huge.

I should know, I roam them a lot.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 07:42 PM
It's just a birds eye illusion. I am sure it will be a lot bigger than it looks.

Thats what I keep telling her too!

But yeah, I said it looks like the size of boston without the stupid empty zones. Looks more dense after I pulled up a side by side. It should be fine.

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 07:55 PM
1) Constantinople is not much smaller than Rome. Maybe 75-80% and then there was the hidden underground city. And certainly denser.

2) look at the Map. You can see how many blocks and buildings are in the whole city.

3) Boston is HUGE. Walking from end-to-end in that city takes as long, or longer, than traversing all of Rome. That one map is bigger than Brotherhood or Revelations. New York is just as huge. And the frontier is just massive. AC2's Venice, Florence, AC1's Damascus, Jerusalem, and Acre were all just right. None of them were huge, but big enough. Havana looks like Forli. Go back to AC2 and visit Forli. That's the size of Havana.

Okay look:

When Edward is escaping the guards after killing the target, the screen briefly looks towards the north. (I can tell because of the classic north facing arrow on the minimap). North, you can see a viewpoint tower that looks like it is WAY in the distance. But, when they pull up the map 2 seconds later, it turns out that Edward is actually a third of the map down from the most northern point.

Havana is HUGE. At least as big as Venice.

AherasSTRG
08-13-2013, 07:58 PM
When in the world is this game coming to PC? Someone ask Ashraf on twitter. Last year, we already knew the release date of 3 by now... :(

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 08:00 PM
When in the world is this game coming to PC? Someone ask Ashraf on twitter. Last year, we already knew the release date of 3 by now... :(
http://puu.sh/3Zh9A

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 08:00 PM

Mid november

AherasSTRG
08-13-2013, 08:03 PM
http://puu.sh/3Zh9A

That is great news, guys. I must have missed that update. Thanks a lot.

luckyto
08-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Okay look:

When Edward is escaping the guards after killing the target, the screen briefly looks towards the north. (I can tell because of the classic north facing arrow on the minimap). North, you can see a viewpoint tower that looks like it is WAY in the distance. But, when they pull up the map 2 seconds later, it turns out that Edward is actually a third of the map down from the most northern point.

Havana is HUGE. At least as big as Venice.

No, it's not. Look at the actual map. If you examine the map, you can see where Edward begins the assassination and actually count the buildings. Havana is less than 10 city blocks wide and about 20-30 deep. Every AC city in history, with the exception of Forli, is bigger. This isn't even as big as a single district in Boston.

Count the actual buildings. When you really examine the map, you can see it is not that big. The number of buildings tell you exactly how dense it is. It's not denser than Boston or New York with far less blocks.

It makes sense. They can only fit so much in a game. If they have Forts, Plantations, Jungles and tons of locations --- where is that space going to come from? They took it out of the cities.

Boston and New York aren't that huge.

I should know, I roam them a lot.

Me too. They are as big as Rome or bigger. Not as wide, but longer.

EDIT --- I recounted .. it's 7 blocks wide by about 15 blocks tall.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 08:07 PM

Pretty sure he initiated a chase by shooting a gun, but he still got the stealth bonus because the target was dead before anyone knew Edward was there. The guards started running to where they heard the shot come from (hence the detection sound and eye icon), but since he wasn't near any guards, it was pretty easy to get away.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Something to add... White Jaguars confirmed. So... possible variants of animal species?

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 08:14 PM
No, it's not. Look at the actual map. If you examine the map, you can see where Edward begins the assassination and actually count the buildings. Havana is less than 10 city blocks wide and about 20-30 deep. Every AC city in history, with the exception of Forli, is bigger. This isn't even as big as a single district in Boston.

Count the actual buildings. When you really examine the map, you can see it is not that big. The number of buildings tell you exactly how dense it is. It's not denser than Boston or New York with far less blocks.

It makes sense. They can only fit so much in a game. If they have Forts, Plantations, Jungles and tons of locations --- where is that space going to come from? They took it out of the cities.

Me too. They are as big as Rome or bigger. Not as wide, but longer.

EDIT --- I recounted .. it's 7 blocks wide by about 15 blocks tall.

But remember that the buildings themselves were smaller and thinner than the buildings in this game. So yeah, Boston would have more "blocks" but that doesn't mean that havana is small

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Pretty sure he initiated a chase by shooting a gun, but he still got the stealth bonus because the target was dead before anyone knew Edward was there. The guards started running to where they heard the shot come from (hence the detection sound and eye icon), but since he wasn't near any guards, it was pretty easy to get away.

At least they treated the problem with telepathic guards.

Rugterwyper32
08-13-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm thinking Havana will be more or less the size of pre-DLC Florence, actually. It looks more or less like that in terms of size. Which I'm perfectly ok with, as it's not too big, it's just right in terms of size. Considering how much we have out in the rest of the Caribbean, I expect the three main cities to be about as big as pre-DLC Florence or Jerusalem as a whole, actually.

Sushiglutton
08-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Ok wtf I couldn't resist watching :nonchalance:. Some random thoughts:

Havanna is gorgeous, the best looking city ever in a vidoegame from what I can tell. I really dig all the locations! That massive waterfall is another highlight!
Gameplay looks a bit on the easy side, but as long as the rules are clearer at least stealth will be less annoying.
The point of Edward being without weapons is what exactly given that you can tap counter -> disarm as soon as you get into a conflict?
New hidespot looks neat.
Pistols seem a bit overpowered, but those multi-kills do look flashy and you won't have to tap the shoot button if you don't want to obv.
Free aim is a big plus imo.
I don't think you should get a stealth bonus when you blow up a barell and get spotted by all the guard. You should only get the bonus (or perhaps a bigger bonus) if you are able to assinate AND escape the area unseen.
Way, way too many markers and messages everywhere, will disable as much as I can. Will mean I will miss a lot of stuff I think, but I believe it will be worth it.

In summary: Enviroments very impressive. Gameplay looks more robust but still way too easy.

luckyto
08-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't think it's necessarily a "bad" thing. It will just be very different than past AC's. Rather than focusing on 1-3 big cities (excluding the Frontier and Kingdom), the player will visiting many many small locations. Forts, small villages, jungle, caves, and very small cities. That's 50 places to find, approach and explore. Each slightly different.

Admittedly, I wlll miss running across rooftops endlessly. Judging by this, I'd bet you can make it across the Havana in a few minutes. Whereas traversing Constantinople or New York is an endeavor. But this will have it's own unique flavor - very different than what we've had before. But the Caribbean wasn't exactly a bustling metropolis at the time.

Sushiglutton
08-13-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't think it's necessarily a "bad" thing. It will just be very different than past AC's. Rather than focusing on 1-3 big cities (excluding the Frontier and Kingdom), the player will visiting many many small locations. Forts, small villages, jungle, caves, and very small cities. That's 50 places to find, approach and explore. Each slightly different.

Admittedly, I wlll miss running across rooftops endlessly. Judging by this, I'd bet you can make it across the Havana in a few minutes. Whereas traversing Constantinople or New York is an endeavor. But this will have it's own unique flavor - very different than what we've had before. But the Caribbean wasn't exactly a bustling metropolis at the time.

Well said! It's a different kind of experience which is a welcome thing in a yearly franchise.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't think you should get a stealth bonus when you blow up a barrel and get spotted by all the guard. You should only get the bonus (or perhaps a bigger bonus) if you are able to assassinate AND escape the area unseen.
Agreed.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 08:31 PM
The point of Edward being without weapons is what exactly given that you can tap counter -> disarm as soon as you get into a conflict?

It adds a bit of challenge to the stealth by taking away your blowpipe, rope darts, throwing knives, and whatever else he'd have. You COULD go in and fight them all head-on, but it's more satisfying if you don't alert them. But by taking away your tools, they ensured that you've got to get up close and personal, at least until you can scavenge some knives. It's a nice balance between appeasing the casuals who want to just blast through and fight everyone and pleasing the hardcore fans who want more stealth+challenge, even though it's still not gonna be that hard.

luckyto
08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Well said! It's a different kind of experience which is a welcome thing in a yearly franchise.

Yes. Fans should prep themselves for it. Set the right expectations.

Personally, I've always wanted a game like this. Pirates. :)

Sushiglutton
08-13-2013, 08:40 PM
It adds a bit of challenge to the stealth by taking away your blowpipe, rope darts, throwing knives, and whatever else he'd have. You COULD go in and fight them all head-on, but it's more satisfying if you don't alert them. But by taking away your tools, they ensured that you've got to get up close and personal, at least until you can scavenge some knives. It's a nice balance between appeasing the casuals who want to just blast through and fight everyone and pleasing the hardcore fans who want more stealth+challenge, even though it's still not gonna be that hard.

Ok fair enough, I get it now :). Demos ofc always make things look easier. Perhaps there will be guards with fire arms and stuff in other caverns.

Yes. Fans should prep themselves for it. Set the right expectations.

Personally, I've always wanted a game like this. Pirates. :)

Me too! I have been sceptical about many things, but never doubted the awesomeness of the setting and the pirate/assassin mix.

Rugterwyper32
08-13-2013, 08:44 PM
I'll just add this map of Colonial Havana, pre-DLC Florence, Jerusalem and New York for comparison's sake

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1149014_401050233329225_752137896_n.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/A/Assassins%20Creed%20II/Everything%20Else/Guide/Maps/Bulk/Florence-treasures-lg--screenshot.jpg

http://vakken.fiorettileerling.nl/fio/informatica/210315/images/jerusalem.jpg

http://guides.gamepressure.com/assassinscreediii/gfx/word/442609625.jpg

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I actually love the idea of smaller cities. Give me cities that I can actually know my way around in.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I actually love the idea of smaller cities. Give me cities that I can actually know my way around in.
Yeah. I remember every AC1, 2 and GTA map. But bigger maps...I know certain 'familiar' areas, that's about it.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't even know my way around those maps, so.. yea..

There's a reason why I think Masyaf, Monterigionni, and the Davenport Homestead are the best maps: I know my way around them well.

rileypoole1234
08-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Okay this looks really good. I'm officially extremely excited.

Shahkulu101
08-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Looks pretty, stealth looks good if a little easy and the caves look like a slight challenge. I'm a little more excited, I was already hyped anyway. I know for sure I'll have a lot of fun.

luckyto
08-13-2013, 09:28 PM
I'll just add this map of Colonial Havana, pre-DLC Florence, Jerusalem and New York for comparison's sake

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_X8S8FNR_yjQ/TOZWgZ9lo_I/AAAAAAAAC2I/u2ZonUdGOLk/s1600/Haban%2BSXVIII.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/A/Assassins Creed II/Everything Else/Guide/Maps/Bulk/Florence-treasures-lg--screenshot.jpg

Ummm.... use the map that's in the video. The actual city map is double the size of ACIV's Havana. Take a screen cap.

Then, look at the buildings in the video. Then see how the buildings are actually the same size as Florence's skinny buildings or Rome's, not as wide as Colonial Boston structures, and while Damascus and Constantinople average building somewhere in between. Comparing the map in the video to these, it's easy to see that Florence is bigger. Jerusalem is bigger. And good lord, New York's southern 1/3 is bigger.

ACfan443
08-13-2013, 09:45 PM
First impressions:
Wow, the stealth gameplay was awesome, I'm impressed with the new mechanics and the overall push to make stealth a viable and appealing option to play in.
The music sounds amazing (as usual with AC), the ambient music was fantastic and complimented the world beautifully, and it's actually THERE this time.
However (very few people probably share this opinion with me), I was left underwhelmed by Havana. The overall appearance, feel and atmosphere was unimpressive and it looked kinda bland. I'll watch it again in a moment to see if my feelings change.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 09:47 PM
The overall appearance, feel and atmosphere was unimpressive and it looks kinda bland. I'll watch it again in a moment and see if my feelings change.
Didn't feel that way...perhaps they should show just random free roaming around the city. We only saw a small section restricted to a contract.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 09:49 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_X8S8FNR_yjQ/TOZWgZ9lo_I/AAAAAAAAC2I/u2ZonUdGOLk/s1600/Haban%2BSXVIII.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/A/Assassins Creed II/Everything Else/Guide/Maps/Bulk/Florence-treasures-lg--screenshot.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1149014_401050233329225_752137896_n.jpg

I'd say it's pretty close to the size of pre-DLC Florence. I assume that Kingston and Nassau might actually be similarly sized to Havana as well, even though in real life they're supposed to be smaller at the time.

Rugterwyper32
08-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Ummm.... use the map that's in the video. The actual city map is double the size of ACIV's Havana. Take a screen cap.

Then, look at the buildings in the video. Then see how the buildings are actually the same size as Florence's skinny buildings or Rome's, not as wide as Colonial Boston structures, and while Damascus and Constantinople average building somewhere in between. Comparing the map in the video to these, it's easy to see that Florence is bigger. Jerusalem is bigger. And good lord, New York's southern 1/3 is bigger.

Gonna edit the post to have the in-game Havana map, I was at my school waiting to be picked up considering I can't drive right now and video quality managed to drop to 144p there (man does it suck). So now there's that.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I love the new map, looks so pirate-y

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 10:05 PM
I love the new map, looks so pirate-y

Indeed ;) AC maps have been traditionally awful, maybe that's no longer the case...?

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Oh, holy crap, did anyone else see the Assassin logo in the very bottom of the map? Some kind of bureau or HQ, maybe?

adventurewomen
08-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Same here, I like to avoid gameplay videos, they give too much away! I don't want no damn spoilers they ruin first playthrough of games for me. I limit what I watch, to avoid spoilers/storyline giveaways. I want to find out these things for myself, I love mystery. :)

luckyto
08-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Jexx. Good job on finding that map screenshot. Aesthetically, it is a very cool look.

Notice that scale. The view is zoomed in closer (making the building appear bigger) on the Havana map compared to Florence, Jerusalem and especially New York (which is zoomed way out.) You can really tell how different the zoom level is by comparing New York's forts with the Fort in Havana - which you would expect to be a similar size (separated by only a 50 years).

If you see Edward's icon (top center); you can see how the building where that assassination looks (the set of buildings and courtyard to the right) and get some sense of scale there as well. I really feel it will be about the size of Forli, maybe slightly larger.

Visually, I love the architecture and look. It looks amazing.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Here's a map of New Orleans from Liberation for further comparison..I'd say it's roughly (by guess) 400M by 350M in the main city (not counting that plantation to the side)

http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/8/8/5/gfs_224452_2_16.jpg

Rugterwyper32
08-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Found these three maps of each district of Jerusalem on the AC Wiki, rather detailed. Got me thinking, maybe we're seeing something the size of a mix of the Rich and Poor districts of Jerusalem? Considering how much time you could spend just messing around there and heading from the bureau to the assassination targets, that got me thinking

Rich District (The fort-like location to the northeast there could easily match the size of the for in Havana, I'm thinking. Or the area around the Dome of the Rock):

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090902115804/assassinscreed/images/5/51/Jerusalem_Rich_District.png

Middle District:

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/c/c7/Jerusalem_Middle_District.png

Poor District:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090902115803/assassinscreed/images/8/8c/Jerusalem_Poor_District.png

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 10:30 PM
From what I can tell, Havana is a Jerusalem sized city.

That's my 2-cents.

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 10:35 PM
From what I can tell, Havana is a Jerusalem sized city.

That's my 2-cents.

I still think it is bigger than it is portrayed by the map...I don't know why...but I do. Hmm

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 10:47 PM
2:47 of the video

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/Untitled_zpsbe3e5c5b.jpg

Does that mean 60 FPS?

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 10:48 PM
I couldn't care less about the size. Small interesting city >>> big bland city. To this day, San Gimignano is one of my AC favorites, whereas Rome is my least favorite of them all.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 10:52 PM
2:47 of the video

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/Untitled_zpsbe3e5c5b.jpg

Does that mean 60 FPS?
What the hell is that?

Also I thought they already confirmed it's 30 on nextgen?

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 10:55 PM
What the hell is that?

Also I thought they already confirmed it's 30 on nextgen?

Was it? I'm not sure/don't mind either way, but I was hoping you would know what it was. First line says ENG, second GPU, obviously I know what GPU is but what is ENG?

luckyto
08-13-2013, 11:04 PM
I couldn't care less about the size. Small interesting city >>> big bland city. To this day, San Gimignano is one of my AC favorites, whereas Rome is my least favorite of them all.

Most would say Boston or New York. Well said. Havana definitely looks like an interesting city.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 11:08 PM
plz don't throw around assumptions on what most would say

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 11:17 PM
plz don't throw around assumptions on what most would say

We get it bro, you like colonial cities :p

I mean, I didn't hate them like I hated Rome. They were pretty good. Freaking hive-mind rooftop guards everywhere kind of killed it though.

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Most would say Boston or New York. Well said. Havana definitely looks like an interesting city.

Hey. Sorry for arguing about the size of the city before. I was just paranoid that it would be TOO small. Now it seems the perfect size. Big enough for fun freeroaming and free running, but small enough that it stays familiar and fun.

Plus, we have to other cities! I wish they would have shown more of nassau than a bunch of tents!

Wolfmeister1010
08-13-2013, 11:20 PM

I mean, I didn't hate them like I hated Rome. They were pretty good. Freaking hive-mind rooftop guards everywhere kind of killed it though.

I hated Rome. So much. From its bland countryside, to boring architecture, it was just awful.

Assassin_M
08-13-2013, 11:22 PM
lol Havana is small

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 11:22 PM

my colonial spirit is wounded, don't keel it

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 11:24 PM
I hated Rome. So much. From its bland countryside, to boring architecture, it was just awful.
I also liked Rome more than Venice or Florence.

I feel like a hipster..

Rugterwyper32
08-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Honestly, if all 3 cities turn out to be AC1 sized cities, I'm up for that. I love the idea of 3 AC1 style cities and a huge overworld with lots going on for it to explore and find. In a way it reminds me of AC1, just that with ships instead of horses and with many activities populating the cities and the overworld. The Caribbean certainly reminds me of what I wanted of the Kingdom in AC1, having lots of actual stuff to do rather than just finding flags and templars. I actually found it fun to explore with all the smaller settlements and guard camps to find, too bad there was not much going on for it.

D.I.D.
08-13-2013, 11:35 PM
I hope we are able to turn off (or simply not use) the ability to see through walls, but the trailer was cool...

You can, but it's not entirely a bad thing to use it. Remember, we tend to think about the Eagle Sense function like it's a superhuman power, but then we forget that we'd be missing a pretty fundamental ability that people with unimpaired senses take for granted without it. If we were in those situations in a real environment, our hearing would tell us exactly where people were directionally, by distance, and by height above or below us. We lose that ability in a game, even with headphones, so the designers give that back to us via a visual representation. Watch Dogs, Dishonored, Splinter Cell, Thief, Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origins, Deus Ex, Syndicate, Perfect Dark and tons of other games feature this kind of ability for that reason. Anyone who was born with good hearing and then lost it, even temporarily, will know how distressing and disorientating it is to be deprived of such an important sense (and of course deaf gamers can be totally left out of a game too, if the designers didn't consider their needs when building a game).

D.I.D.
08-13-2013, 11:37 PM

I feel like a hipster..

Rome was great, Brotherhood was the best in the series so far.

Assassin_M
08-13-2013, 11:39 PM

I feel like a hipster..
A lot of people actually like Rome....can`t say I understand the logic, though, but you`re definitely not a hipster..

DukuDragon
08-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Hi, not sure if this has been asked/answered before but will we be able to capture any and all ships we come in contact with? I know that at the end of the Havana gameplay demo they were on that large ship (man of war) and I was just curious to know if we get to add that ship to our fleet. The same goes with the 13 min gameplay demo. If we kill both of the templar brothers before they get on the ship, do we get the ship? Do we have to go and kill everyone onboard to get it? Or maybe we have to let them get on the ship then attack them with the jackdaw in order to actually capture it. Just curious to know for when I play the game.

ze_topazio
08-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Indeed ;) AC maps have been traditionally awful, maybe that's no longer the case...?

Looks even less functional.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Hi, not sure if this has been asked/answered before but will we be able to capture any and all ships we come in contact with? I know that at the end of the Havana gameplay demo they were on that large ship (man of war) and I was just curious to know if we get to add that ship to our fleet. The same goes with the 13 min gameplay demo. If we kill both of the templar brothers before they get on the ship, do we get the ship? Do we have to go and kill everyone onboard to get it? Or maybe we have to let them get on the ship then attack them with the jackdaw in order to actually capture it. Just curious to know for when I play the game.

Since that was a story mission, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure you can capture and loot every ship in free-roam.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Looks even less functional.

How so...? At least you can see the individual buildings, and the color scheme is easier on the eye.

Legendz54
08-14-2013, 12:02 AM
Im loving it, Havana reminds me of AC2 rooftops and the game gives me a vibe of a bit of AC1, it feels new and fresh and i am definitely excited to get this and explore.. Good job Guys.

SixKeys
08-14-2013, 12:10 AM
So, I'm temporarily back because I couldn't keep myself from watching this video when I saw "stealth" in the title. I just really, really wanted the reassurance that guards are no longer psychic.

I'll just start off by stating the obvious: Havana looks amazing, the jungles look amazing, the underwater parts look amazing. Visually the locations look exciting, I just hope the gameplay will support the experience.

Some random notes:

-Edward stealth-killing that guard at 4:08 looks like ***. Worst hidden-blade kill animation in the series. I hope it was just the slow-mo cinematics that made it look worse than it does in-game.
-Hiding spots show up on the mini-map during a chase again! Hallelujah!
-4:39 "Now that we've escaped..." Wait, we didn't actually see him successfully hide and escape. The yellow detection area seems to have been reduced from AC3 which is good, but we still don't know if guards everywhere will instantly recognize you.
-Dear God, the overview map makes AC3's map view look like a depressing abomination. Color! Shapes! Not a blurry patch in sight!
-Ship customizations look interesting
-Not sure how I feel about the Eagle Vision upgrade yet. Being able to see through walls sounds like it could make stealth too easy.
-5:54 For a second there it looked like Edward was going to pull the guard into the hiding door, then emerge wearing his clothes as a disguise. That would have been awesome.

I'm a little disappointed that despite the title, the kills we saw in this video weren't truly all-stealth. At the cavern Edward got into an open fight with one guard, in the contract mission he used an exploding barrel to kill his target (thus attracting lots of attention) and in the Julien Ducas mission he was detected on the ship before shooting his target in the head. I want missions like in AC2 where it was possible to take out the entire crew of the ship without being detected before attacking your target.

dxsxhxcx
08-14-2013, 12:15 AM
You can, but it's not entirely a bad thing to use it. Remember, we tend to think about the Eagle Sense function like it's a superhuman power, but then we forget that we'd be missing a pretty fundamental ability that people with unimpaired senses take for granted without it. If we were in those situations in a real environment, our hearing would tell us exactly where people were directionally, by distance, and by height above or below us. We lose that ability in a game, even with headphones, so the designers give that back to us via a visual representation. Watch Dogs, Dishonored, Splinter Cell, Thief, Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origins, Deus Ex, Syndicate, Perfect Dark and tons of other games feature this kind of ability for that reason. Anyone who was born with good hearing and then lost it, even temporarily, will know how distressing and disorientating it is to be deprived of such an important sense (and of course deaf gamers can be totally left out of a game too, if the designers didn't consider their needs when building a game).

you made a valid point, I confess I never thought about this feature this way, but I still think is a little unfair to (also) have this ability because we already have a big advantage over our enemies because the game is in 3rd person (I'm not saying it should be in 1st person because of this), what already makes easier for us to analyze the environment from angles that in real life would be impossible (or at least a lot harder) to be done without the necessity to move to a different place, but since you said it's optional, I'm fine with it (I believe they said something about "mark" our target, I'm wondering if this will work the same way we mark our targets in Splinter Cell Conviction, where from what I remember you needed to press a button to "mark" the target? I hope so, this way I won't mark anyone by mistake)

LoyalACFan
08-14-2013, 12:20 AM
-Edward stealth-killing that guard at 4:08 looks like ***. Worst hidden-blade kill animation in the series. I hope it was just the slow-mo cinematics that made it look worse than it does in-game.

Really? I loved it. No more letting the bastard fall into the street for all to see.

-Not sure how I feel about the Eagle Vision upgrade yet. Being able to see through walls sounds like it could make stealth too easy.

I'd like to point out that you can't actually see through walls. You have to turn on Eagle Vision, visually identify the target, THEN you can see him even if he moves behind a wall.

Agreed on everything else.

SixKeys
08-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Really? I loved it. No more letting the bastard fall into the street for all to see.

Like I said, it could be just the slow-mo cinematics that made it look bad. My favorite stealth kill animation of all time is still the one Alta´r sometimes does in AC1, where he stabs a guard, then holds his body as it falls backwards and gently lays him down. This animation reminded me of that except more flashy.

Technically the guard could still fall down to the street once he's dead. It's all about whether they've improved the ragdoll physics, not about the kill animation. Maybe this video just didn't show that happening.

Raibuscus
08-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Okay, this game looks epic atm, and I HOPE it'll be as awesome as it looks.

Loved the new kill-animation on the roof, Havana looks awesome, lots of colours which I like and a lot of stuff on the mini-map! :D
The new eagle-vision is perfect in my opinion, they've done it pretty well. Underwater stuff looked cool but I hate the fact that he can hold his breath for so long
(I know, there are waterpockets and the water bell thing)
I like that you can customise your ship with a lot of stuff and I spotted a monkey pelt so there'll be monkeys! :D

I am seriously excited for this game, AC3 was ok but now it just looks so.... IDK. Don't like it anymore and since I am a HUUUUUUUGEEE fan of Pirates of the Caribbean
and just Pirates in general I am going to love spending my time exploring the Caribbean in this game. :) I realised that Port Royal is so freaking close to Kingston and got me
even more hyped, so did Tortuga Island. xD

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 12:54 AM
This WILL be the best AC.......... OF ALL TIME!

I'm predicting like a 92 metacritic.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 01:10 AM
So, I'm temporarily back because I couldn't keep myself from watching this video when I saw "stealth" in the title. I just really, really wanted the reassurance that guards are no longer psychic.

I'll just start off by stating the obvious: Havana looks amazing, the jungles look amazing, the underwater parts look amazing. Visually the locations look exciting, I just hope the gameplay will support the experience.

Some random notes:

-Hiding spots show up on the mini-map during a chase again! Hallelujah!
-4:39 "Now that we've escaped..." Wait, we didn't actually see him successfully hide and escape. The yellow detection area seems to have been reduced from AC3 which is good, but we still don't know if guards everywhere will instantly recognize you.
-Dear God, the overview map makes AC3's map view look like a depressing abomination. Color! Shapes! Not a blurry patch in sight!
-Ship customizations look interesting
-5:54 For a second there it looked like Edward was going to pull the guard into the hiding door, then emerge wearing his clothes as a disguise. That would have been awesome.

I'm a little disappointed that despite the title, the kills we saw in this video weren't truly all-stealth. At the cavern Edward got into an open fight with one guard, in the contract mission he used an exploding barrel to kill his target (thus attracting lots of attention) and in the Julien Ducas mission he was detected on the ship before shooting his target in the head. I want missions like in AC2 where it was possible to take out the entire crew of the ship without being detected before attacking your target.

What are yo talking about? I loved that assassination! That was obviously the high profile assassination, so you don't have to use it. Also, the vid was pretty low quality, so...

God! People complaining about stealth being too hard, now people saying it will be too easy. Just be happy that it is there!

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 01:12 AM
This WILL be the best AC.......... OF ALL TIME!

I'm predicting like a 92 metacritic.

I predict 9.75 in gameinformer. All the number titles got 9.5, brotherhood got 9.25, and revelations got 8.75.

However, considering how they gave a perfect 10 to bio shock infinite (which is extremely overrated IMO) a 10 could be possible.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Okay, this game looks epic atm, and I HOPE it'll be as awesome as it looks.

Loved the new kill-animation on the roof, Havana looks awesome, lots of colours which I like and a lot of stuff on the mini-map! :D
The new eagle-vision is perfect in my opinion, they've done it pretty well. Underwater stuff looked cool but I hate the fact that he can hold his breath for so long
(I know, there are waterpockets and the water bell thing)
I like that you can customise your ship with a lot of stuff and I spotted a monkey pelt so there'll be monkeys! :D

I am seriously excited for this game, AC3 was ok but now it just looks so.... IDK. Don't like it anymore and since I am a HUUUUUUUGEEE fan of Pirates of the Caribbean
and just Pirates in general I am going to love spending my time exploring the Caribbean in this game. :) I realised that Port Royal is so freaking close to Kingston and got me
even more hyped, so did Tortuga Island. xD

Ash said that they were very generous with how long you can hold your breath because if it was realistic, you would not have nearly enough time to explore everything. There would have to be an air supply EVERYwhere for him to restock if it was realistic

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 01:15 AM
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1368/07/1368073805757.jpg

Not these posts again...

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Reported, here and in every other thread he's been in...

Lets hope it doesn't take as long as last time

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 01:55 AM
why did you quote the post. don't quote the posts..

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-14-2013, 01:57 AM
OMG is this a bot or an incredibly low life troll?

SixKeys
08-14-2013, 02:15 AM
What are yo talking about? I loved that assassination! That was obviously the high profile assassination, so you don't have to use it. Also, the vid was pretty low quality, so...

God! People complaining about stealth being too hard, now people saying it will be too easy. Just be happy that it is there!

Low quality (as in video compression) had nothing to do with it. The animation just looked weird, and I don't like how Edward punches the guard in the neck before stabbing him.

Stealth has always been in the games. It's supposed to be, considering it's called Assassin's Creed. That doesn't mean we should be happy for crappy stealth. I'm not saying it'll necessarily be like that in AC4, just voicing some concerns based on what we've seen so far. In AC3 the problem with stealth was that enemy AI was faulty and did not work logically. THAT is bad stealth. In prior games, stealth was often too easy, also due to AI problems. What the devs need to do is find the right balance between challenging and fun. If it's too easy, there's no point to it, and if its too hard, it's going to frustrate players to the point of not wanting to play anymore.

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 02:26 AM
I predict 9.75 in gameinformer. All the number titles got 9.5, brotherhood got 9.25, and revelations got 8.75.

However, considering how they gave a perfect 10 to bio shock infinite (which is extremely overrated IMO) a 10 could be possible.

Thats silly. Infinite deserves a ten.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 02:37 AM
First Bioshock was better than Infinite. Infinite wasn't that great, it just had a mind bending ending.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Thats silly. Infinite deserves a ten.

I don't think so. The story is worthy of a ten. Definitely.

But the graphics are really choppy, especially up close, and other than the signature vigor powers, it's still just another fps. There really isn't much innovation. I just feel like all fps's are the same, which isn't their faults. Afterall, you can only go so far with a fps. That's why cod has been the same thing for the past 5 years. They have perfected the fps scene. There is literally nothing more they can add to make it better, except maybe fish that move out of the way when you swim by them...

The gameplay isn't BAD, but it is very plain to me. The only thing that I thought was revolutionary about the gameplay was Elizabeth.

I think it deserved a 9. It is basically as perfect as an fps can go. But not innovative and different to get a 10.

Going a little off topic, but I would really like to discuss it with you!

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 02:41 AM
First Bioshock was better than Infinite. Infinite wasn't that great, it just had a mind bending ending.

Agreed. While the ending to infinite was great, the rest of the story was kinda bland IMO. The plot was always extremely interesting in the first one.

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 02:41 AM
OMG is this a bot or an incredibly low life troll?
It's a low life troll, they are posting all over the forums not just AC, I've reported them. Hopefully they will get banned.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Low quality (as in video compression) had nothing to do with it. The animation just looked weird, and I don't like how Edward punches the guard in the neck before stabbing him.

Stealth has always been in the games. It's supposed to be, considering it's called Assassin's Creed. That doesn't mean we should be happy for crappy stealth. I'm not saying it'll necessarily be like that in AC4, just voicing some concerns based on what we've seen so far. In AC3 the problem with stealth was that enemy AI was faulty and did not work logically. THAT is bad stealth. In prior games, stealth was often too easy, also due to AI problems. What the devs need to do is find the right balance between challenging and fun. If it's too easy, there's no point to it, and if its too hard, it's going to frustrate players to the point of not wanting to play anymore.

He didn't just punch him, he stabbed him in the back of the neck, and then stabbed him in the back. Actually a pretty smart way to confirm a kill

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Not trying not to get hyped, hard task, though.....

La Habana, WOW!!!!, and the same goes for the background music......If the Mission design, which is already promising, and the story deliver, this might become my favourite AC.

Did not like the eagle vision though.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Not trying not to get hyped, hard task, though.....

La Habana, WOW!!!!, and the same goes for the background music......If the Mission design, which is already promising, and the story deliver, this might become my favourite AC.

Did not like the eagle vision though.

Why?

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-14-2013, 03:00 AM
Does this site not have 24/7 mods? I have him ignored but I can tell you his posts are no good, its some bull to have to w8 this long for him to be banned.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 03:02 AM
Why?

The see through walls abitlity breaks the immersion, at least to me.

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Does this site not have 24/7 mods? I have him ignored but I can tell you his posts are no good, its some bull to have to w8 this long for him to be banned.
pretend he`s not here and he`ll stop. it`s for attention. don`t give it.

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 03:04 AM
I don't think so. The story is worthy of a ten. Definitely.

Story is of up-most importance to me.

But the graphics are really choppy, especially up close

The graphical problems weren't bad enough for me to notice them. The art style and design of the game was amazing. The part where Booker sees Columbia for the first time sent a chill down my spine (this isn't rhetoric, I literally shuddered).

and other than the signature vigor powers, it's still just another fps. There really isn't much innovation. I just feel like all fps's are the same, which isn't their faults. Afterall, you can only go so far with a fps. That's why cod has been the same thing for the past 5 years. They have perfected the fps scene. There is literally nothing more they can add to make it better, except maybe fish that move out of the way when you swim by them...

Bioshock was a fps too, keep that in mind. Though I will say Bioshock's gameplay is better and different than Infinite (more towards survival horror).

The only thing that I thought was revolutionary about the gameplay was Elizabeth.

And wasn't Elizabeth just an amazing character?!

I think it deserved a 9. It is basically as perfect as an fps can go. But not innovative and different to get a 10.

The differentiating factor in our scores is gameplay. I thought the gameplay was really fun.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 03:12 AM
pretend he`s not here and he`ll stop. it`s for attention. don`t give it.

So, what do you think about this demo?

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 03:15 AM
I liked the music....didn't really feel like i can be in danger after "taking the risk" of losing my tools when I jump underwater..wanted to see more free roam of Havana as in on the streets, but oh well...I liked the final part, though...of him crossing the jungle to reach his target on a ship...

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:15 AM
Story is of up-most importance to me.

The graphical problems weren't bad enough for me to notice them. The art style and design of the game was amazing. The part where Booker sees Columbia for the first time sent a chill down my spine (this isn't rhetoric, I literally shuddered).

Bioshock was a fps too, keep that in mind. Though I will say Bioshock's gameplay is better and different than Infinite (more towards survival horror).

And wasn't Elizabeth just an amazing character?!

The differentiating factor in our scores is gameplay. I thought the gameplay was really fun.

I wouldn't rate bioshock 1 a 10 either ;)

Yes Elizabeth was an amazing character, and an obvious character of the year candidate (along with Ellie from TLOU) and the story was very good. Story is also very important to me. But story is only a part of what makes a game great.

I judge games based on graphics, gameplay, innovation, replay ability, story, and sound (effects and soundtrack)

The following remarks are only my opinion:

Infinites graphsics were good at far distance, but very choppy at close range. The gameplay was just normal fps to me. Same with the innovation. Nothing new was really added. I never replayed the game. Just didn't really feel motivated to. The story was fantastic, and the sound was very high quality.

Overall, it does not "fail" on anything. It just doesn't innovate enough to get a 10

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:20 AM

Loved it! Hope we can have throwing knives outside of caves as well. Havana looks gorgeous, and the jungle environment is great, just like M said. I also love the sound of the pistols at the end. I am a HUGE lover of good sound effects, and I was disappointed with the sound effects of the guns in AC3. I also don't mind the new eagle vision, unlike many others here.

The only thing I was disappointed by was that the only part of nassau they showed was a bunch of tents! MOOOAAARR

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 03:21 AM
I wouldn't rate bioshock 1 a 10 either ;)

LOLOLOLOL. Well, golly gee, where does that bring us then?

I mean, not every game has to innovate. TLoU didn't necessarily innovate either. Its just a really really really really well-done game. I feel the same in these respects about Infinite.

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 03:22 AM
I also love the sound of the pistols at the end. I am a HUGE lover of good sound effects,
I actually have a fetish for that.....also love the sound of shoes......orgasmic

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 03:23 AM
I also don't mind the new eagle vision, unlike many others here.

Agreed,

Aren't the beserk darts OP? Its like an insta-clear-an-area.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:25 AM

I mean, not every game has to innovate. TLoU didn't necessarily innovate either. Its just a really really really really well-done game. I feel the same in these respects about Infinite.

I don't understand your first line. Sarcasm? Because I'm only trying to voice my opinion. I do not want to offend you or your opinion on the game.

I don't think TLOU deserves a 10 either! I think it deserves a 9.5, because of amazing story, graphics, sound, music. It isn't the most innovative game ever, but it does kinda innovate in the department of stealth, and exposing the true brutality of personal hand to hand combat and gun fights.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:25 AM

I personally think the game should have been more stealth-focused and that it should have retained the semi-horror of the first two games.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Agreed,

Not really. They only last so long, and they are non lethal. Besides, only one guard gets affected. And if a bunch of other sane guards go against him, the whole distraction would last a very short time.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:27 AM
Agreed,

As a person who has used berserk darts in Liberation, they aren't really.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:27 AM
I personally think the game should have been more stealth-focused and that it should have retained the semi-horror of the first two games.

Agreed and agreed.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:28 AM
I actually have a fetish for that.....also love the sound of shoes......orgasmic

Joking?

If not, then I am so happy!!

dont you love how the pistols at the end of the demo kinda have a metal clang to the mechanism sound??

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 03:30 AM
Joking?

Odontoceti you love how the pistols at the end of the demo kinda have a metal clang to the mechanism sound??
nah, was serious....I actually bought GTA IV because of the sound of the shoes >_>

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:32 AM
They should have utilized the Boys of Silence for more than a single mission. They were creeopy.

I'm playing GTA IV right now..
It's an addicting game, but I'm not really sure how good I think it is. I think other games do certain aspects better, like Sleeping Dogs.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:33 AM
nah, was serious....I actually bought GTA IV because of the sound of the shoes >_>

Did you enjoy the. Sound of edward's shoes on the roof tiles in the demo?

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 03:35 AM
Did you enjoy the. Sound of edward's shoes on the roof tiles in the demo?
No -_-

I only enjoyed AC shoes in AC I....after that they didn't make ANY sense. Ezio`s shoes had solid heels, so they should`v had the clicking sound....almost turned me off to be honest....

Wolfmeister1010
They should have utilized the Boys of Silence for more than a single mission. They were creeopy.

It's an addicting game, but I'm not really sure how good I think it is. I think other games do certain aspects better, like Sleeping Dogs.

Agreed. That first jumps are with the boy of silence scared the crap out of me :|

AC2_alex
I don't understand your first line. Sarcasm? Because I'm only trying to voice my opinion. I do not want to offend you or your opinion on the game.

No no no no. I'm not trying to offend. :) I just assumed that Bioshock was considered a ten, so we could use that as a reference point.

That wouldn't have worked with the scope of the game. Columbia is grand open places. If they wanted to go stealth-oriented, then they'd have to have an entirely different concept for the game.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:36 AM
No -_-

I only enjoyed AC shoes in AC I....after that they didst make ANY sense. Ezio`s shoes had solid heels, the should`v had the clicking sound....almost turned me off to be honest....

So you think edward's shoes shouldn't clink on tile rooftops?

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:36 AM
I want to see Kingston and Nassau.

I really hope that Nassau is more than a bunch of tents. Hoping for some kind of big pirate house or something -_-

Maybe an over-turned man of war? ..Hmm, that reminds me of Lion's Arch from Guild Wars 2.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2013, 03:37 AM
Joking?

dont you love how the pistols at the end of the demo kinda have a metal clang to the mechanism sound??

Oh my God, I know :p Dat gunshot was impressive. Hopefully they're all that good. I actually avoided using certain guns in AC3 because they had a funky sound effect. Double-barreled pistol and Scottish flintlock, I believe.

The gunplay sucks, but the driving is awesome and the story is worth experiencing. GTAV apparently copied RDR and Max Payne's gunfight mechanics, which is a huge relief.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:38 AM
No no no no. I'm not trying to offend. :) I just assumed that Bioshock was considered a ten, so we could use that as a reference point.

That wouldn't have worked with the scope of the game. Columbia is grand open places. If they wanted to go stealth-oriented, then they'd have to have an entirely different concept for the game.

Yeah. It's not columbias fault. It is the developers, for choosing a place where stealth would not work as well.

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 03:38 AM
So you think edward's shoes shouldn't clink on tile rooftops?
No, they should...but they just sound flat...like Altair`s boots, which is stupid...

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:39 AM

Then they should have retained the semi-open world with side missions that they showed off with the initial gameplay vids. Either way, it didn't live up to my expectations. If there's another BioShock, I hope they go back to it being an enclosed space. Maybe on the moon (dark side of the moon :P) or underground. One of the two.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2013, 03:39 AM

I really hope that Nassau is more than a bunch of tents. Hoping for some kind of big pirate house or something -_-

Maybe an over-turned man of war? ..Hmm, that reminds me of Lion's Arch from Guild Wars 2.

Kingston is probably going to be a lot like a mini-Boston, which is good news for you I guess :p Nassau... Not sure. Since it was so chaotic, they'd have a lot of room to make fictional structures, like you said, maybe some kind of pirate hideout.

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 03:40 AM

Well I'm sure Nassau has to be more than a bunch of tents. It is officially, "a city."

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:41 AM
Oh my God, I know :p Dat gunshot was impressive. Hopefully they're all that good. I actually avoided using certain guns in AC3 because they had a funky sound effect. Double-barreled pistol and Scottish flintlock, I believe.

The gunplay sucks, but the driving is awesome and the story is worth experiencing. GTAV apparently copied RDR and Max Payne's gunfight mechanics, which is a huge relief.

The normal flintlock sound was okay. The Pitcairn ones sounded like someone fired a plastic cap gun. The Scottish flintlocks sounded like they were recorded from behind a concrete wall.

I LOVED the sound effect of the tomahawk at certain points. Like when you do the execution where you slice twice across the enemy's neck, and the sound effect is a kind of high pitched slicing noise? Do you know what I am referring to?

Jexx21

Well, I won't be playing GTA V for a while, cause I'll have to wait until it comes out for PC, and even then I'm probably going to wait until it pops up during a Steam sale and I have the money.

I actually wanted to get LA Noire over GTA IV, but it didn't go on sale a second time during the Steam Summer sale, so I was disappoint.

AC2_alex
Then they should have retained the semi-open world with side missions that they showed off with the initial gameplay vids. Either way, it didn't live up to my expectations. If there's another BioShock, I hope they go back to it being an enclosed space. Maybe on the moon (dark side of the moon :P) or underground. One of the two.

A Bioshock game created by Ken Levine set on a fallen moon colony in the future??? I'm sold.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Kingston is probably going to be a lot like a mini-Boston, which is good news for you I guess :p Nassau... Not sure. Since it was so chaotic, they'd have a lot of room to make fictional structures, like you said, maybe some kind of pirate hideout.

I always viewed Kingston as a Boston/New York/Frontier mash-up. I think I'm gonna love it.

I love all of the AC cities btw (except maybe New Orleans >.<).. although you probably know that..

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Well I'm sure Nassau has to be more than a bunch of tents. It is officially, "a city."

It is. I have an amazing concept art piece, but I don't know how to upload it here from an iPad. Anybody want to help?

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 03:45 AM
It is. I have an amazing concept art piece, but I don't know how to upload it here from an iPad. Anybody want to help?

Magic. :p

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:46 AM
A Bioshock game created by Ken Levine set on a fallen moon colony in the future??? I'm sold.

Well to retain the retro-steampunk feel, I would actually suggest having it being established as part of the moon-landing.

Have a Lighthouse launch a rocket containing the player, use cyrogenics to explain the 3-day travel to the moon passing in minutes, soar through the city, land, OMG RAPTURE IN SPACE.

Wolfmeister1010

....seriously how do I do it

Jexx21

Transfer the data to a computer?
Upload it to facebook as a private photo? link photo here?

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 03:53 AM
M:cool:

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 03:53 AM
here we go!!!

http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/beautiful-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-concept-art/

oh wait.

can i upload directly, or do i need to put in url? WHAT? have picture saved in my pictures, but

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 03:58 AM
GIVE ME CHARLES VANE!

GIVE ME VANE!

http://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/8/a/8afae599ca1b31a48339d76c5578083c_lightbox.jpg

http://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/d/8/d825ba3cfcefb43cfbd9acdefb9dddfe_lightbox.jpg

Here's hoping that second concept is also of Nassau and not just Havana.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:00 AM
http://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/d/8/d825ba3cfcefb43cfbd9acdefb9dddfe_lightbox.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:01 AM
GIVE ME CHARLES VANE!

GIVE ME VANE!

http://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/8/a/8afae599ca1b31a48339d76c5578083c_lightbox.jpg

Here's hoping that second concept is also of Nassau and not just Havana.

God ****ing dammit!!!!!!

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 04:04 AM
Calm yo titties Jexx

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:05 AM
Calm yo titties Jexx

U meanz Wolf?

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 04:12 AM
U meanz Wolf?

Nah Jexx

Anyway..was reading the past few pages and good to know I'm not the only one who thought Bioshock Infinite was kinda overrated. I mean it was a great game, 9/10 for sure but it wasn't the 10/10 game of the decade epic flawless masterpiece everyone was screaming about and what the hype led me to believe.

Legendz54
08-14-2013, 04:13 AM
I wish we could upgrade our ship to a Man of war.. that ship was so cool at the end, Wondering how i am going to take them down with my small Frigate (Jackdaw)

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Now I'm having the urge to fill my ship to the brim with explosives and go all suicide bomber on enemy ships and Edward standing on the tip and screaming LONG LIVE THE CREED or something

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:21 AM
I wish we could upgrade our ship to a Man of war.. that ship was so cool at the end, Wondering how i am going to take them down with my small Frigate (Jackdaw)

Nope. Man of war too slow. Also way overpowered. Jackdaw is perfect mix of speed, size, and firepower, and perfect size so that it poses a challenge to attack bigger ships.

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-14-2013, 04:22 AM
Now I'm having the urge to fill my ship to the brim with explosives and go all suicide bomber on enemy ships and Edward standing on the tip and screaming LONG LIVE THE CREED or something

I thought it was assassins creed, not Al-queda creed :P

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Anyway..was reading the past few pages and good to know I'm not the only one who thought Bioshock Infinite was kinda overrated. I mean it was a great game, 9/10 for sure but it wasn't the 10/10 game of the decade epic flawless masterpiece everyone was screaming about and what the hype led me to believe.

Well you guys can all just take your 9's and have a private 9 party and I'm not invited.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:26 AM
Well you guys can all just take your 9's and have a private 9 party and I'm not invited.

Lol sorryyy :D I feel bad.

If it make you feel better, Bioshock series is in my top 15 favorite video games of all time

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Lol sorryyy :D I feel bad.

If it make you feel better, Bioshock series is in my top 15 favorite video games of all time

Name a couple more.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:29 AM
Name a couple more.

Top 10.

1. Assassin's Creed

2. Watch Dogs

3. Dishonored

4. GTA

5. Destiny

6. Mass effect

7. Elder Scrolls

8. Battlefield

9. Halo

10. Red dead redemption

Legendz54
08-14-2013, 04:31 AM
Nope. Man of war too slow. Also way overpowered. Jackdaw is perfect mix of speed, size, and firepower, and perfect size so that it poses a challenge to attack bigger ships.

I know... i know... It just looks so badass.

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 04:32 AM
Top 10.

High hopes for Watch Dogs, eh?

And a distinct lack of Nintendo? I am dissapoint.

Legendz54
Nah Jexx

Honestly the only game that lived up to its hype and is a 10/10 this year is TLOU.

Wolfmeister1010
High hopes for Watch Dogs, eh?

And a distinct lack of Nintendo? I am dissapoint.

Well, Zelda wind waker is my 12th

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:33 AM
Honestly the only game that lived up to its hype and is a 10/10 this year is TLOU.

Agreed....mostly

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 04:35 AM

All things aside, I think everyone can agree that TLoU is GOTY.

Well, Zelda wind waker is my 12th

aawww Wind Waker.... thats my childhood right there.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:41 AM

aawww Wind Waker.... thats my childhood right there.

Well, if AC4 delivers on EVERYTHING it says it will....then maybe it has a chance too...

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 04:41 AM

I can't.

I can't play it because it's not on PC, and I won't be able to unless they port it to PS4.

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 04:45 AM
I can't.

I can't play it because it's not on PC, and I won't be able to unless they port it to PS4.

That sucks. :\

pirate1802
Lol I can't either.. PC *** here :P

Legendz54
Well, if AC4 delivers on EVERYTHING it says it will....then maybe it has a chance too...

AC4 is a contender but it just cant compete with the amazing storytelling, Graphics and gameplay of TLOU.

and Jexx I feel really sorry for you that you havent experienced the game yet.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Top 10.

1. Assassin's Creed

2. Watch Dogs

3. Dishonored

4. GTA

5. Destiny

6. Mass effect

7. Elder Scrolls

8. Battlefield

9. Halo

10. Red dead redemption

My turn!

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2. Batman: Arkham
3. Assassin's Creed
4. Mass Effect
5. Fallout (Bethesda)
6. Tomb Raider (2013)
7. Far Cry 3
8. Skyrim
9. BioShock
10. Portal

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:48 AM
I can't.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4onoiOzQw

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:49 AM
AC4 is a contender but it just cant compete with the amazing storytelling, Graphics and gameplay of TLOU.

and Jexx I feel really sorry for you that you havent experienced the game yet.

It hasn't even come out yet! Lets just wait

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 04:51 AM
Among all the games I've played on PC this year TR is my favourite.. till now. But if AC4 does everything it promises then it'll topple that game.

Legendz54
08-14-2013, 04:53 AM
It hasn't even come out yet! Lets just wait

It wont win it, trust me GTAV and TLOU will have the spotlight, I am talking about the VGA 2013 although AC4 might win some other awards TLOU is in an entirely different league.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2013, 04:54 AM
It wont win it, trust me GTAV and TLOU will have the spotlight, I am talking about the VGA 2013 although AC4 might win some other awards TLOU is in an entirely different league.

:rolleyes:

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 04:57 AM
My turn!

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2. Batman: Arkham
3. Assassin's Creed
4. Mass Effect
5. Fallout (Bethesda)
6. Tomb Raider (2013)
7. Far Cry 3
8. Skyrim