PDA

View Full Version : This is just a reminder of my frustration for M&M LEGACY

Segomil
08-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone !

This is just a reminder of my frustration for the M&M LEGACY game to come, because i was in hope that with time something would change ... but no !
My hope now is going to other developers who could make a game like M & M was. With strange ANATOMIC monsters and elements of science fiction.
:mad:
Already MMX hasn't what its predecessors had , that is to say ; sci-fiction elements, & funny SOUND or magical music.
But MMX has everything what all other game have for the last 20 years : GOBLINS, ORCS, DRAGONS, ECT... this is not might & magic at allllllllllll !
The M&M license has been give to someone who don't care about what M&M was !
All the "LEGACY" game is inspired by : SKYRIM , WOW, DRAGENSANG ECT ... nothing to do with M&M license !

Now made a search ​​with google image on the "World of Xeen" for exemple ,,,the result IS NOT FAITHFUL AT ALL!
How it is possible ?

What have you done to the LICENSE ?
I cannot see the magic touch of M&M ?!
Monsters are identic as Warcrat/ diablo/ heroes....
Where are all of the monsters of the real world of xeen so colored & funny ? The people need to do a research about the real bestiary of M&M...NOW the monsters are all the same : ORC, GOBLIN ect ...Why make a game just to please the fans of Diablo,Warcraft and forget the fans of Might & Magic! This does not make sense!

The real bestiary of M&M are large and very imaginative : monster breathing blood, ROBOTS fire-eaters. ELECTRIC MILES LEG,NINJA WITH FLAMING SWORDS, ELECTRIC BEE ...ect ... each of them had a particulary & specific sounds ... now THE LEGACY BESTIARY WILL HAVE THE SAME LION ROAR that you see in every game of today ! ( OR MAYBE TWO with the native scream) : PATHETIC !

In M&M when a fight began ; you never knew how the monsters would fight because of their strange anatomy ,,, now with legacy you will know ( WE ALREADY KNOW )

"OLD SCHOOL NEW RULES" now i have my own slogan : "NEW RULES NO PURCHASE!"
This is not from M&M classics, but from the heroes series ... VERY BAD WORK ON THIS ONE : VERY BAD !

AGAIN DO A SEARCH OF THE BESTIARY OF THE M&M WORLD ... THIS WAS FANSTASTIC BECAUSE THE SOUND WHICH CAME WITH IT WAS WORDERFUL !

..Why make a game just to please the fans of Diablo, Warcraft & SURELY FOR HEROES and forget the REAL fans of Might & Magic ? This does not make sense !

For me the last thing to do is to wait for that the fans of the heroes series buys the game ( because the game is inspired by it) and wait for reviews ... and also to say to the fans of the series of M & M to wait until the truth goes out !

How can i buy something like that ? M&M is M&M not heroes or warcraft ect ... YOU ARE A TRAITOR TO THE LICENSE OF M & M . WHY !

narupley
08-13-2013, 04:11 PM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8475/4qz3.jpg

forgottenl
08-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Well good luck finding another game you enjoy then. The rest of us here will continue discussing the game we are looking foward to.

ryanyau
08-13-2013, 06:33 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lysulzvpft1qze8luo1_500.jpg

Aeon1977
08-13-2013, 07:52 PM
http://homebrewedtheology.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/crybaby.jpg

Maomor
08-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Hmm... I never thought of this game as a successor to a specific Might & Magic title. It's more like a "Legacy" to games like Might & Magic, Wizardry, Lands of Lore, Dungeon Master combined within the universe of Heroes of Might & Magic 5 (or 6). One can really see the influences in gameplay mechanics, artwork etc. and I find them very welcoming. It's like a tribute not only to Might & Magic, but also to similar old classics.

I can't understand how you would compare it to Skyrim, Diablo or World of Warcraft? Such games play totally different.

Kmanfree
08-13-2013, 10:33 PM
I think what the enthusiastic young fellow is trying to say is how the old Might Magic games had say monsters like electric bees, insane faces, crazy beggars, gremlins, etc.. not just orcs and goblins.
But the game hasn't even been released, heck we hardly seen much gameplay footage, I think its a little early to pass judgement on the game already.

HEF2011
08-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Hmm... I never thought of this game as a successor to a specific Might & Magic title. It's more like a "Legacy" to games like Might & Magic, Wizardry, Lands of Lore, Dungeon Master combined within the universe of Heroes of Might & Magic 5 (or 6). One can really see the influences in gameplay mechanics, artwork etc. and I find them very welcoming. It's like a tribute not only to Might & Magic, but also to similar old classics.

I can't understand how you would compare it to Skyrim, Diablo or World of Warcraft? Such games play totally different.

Yup! :)
You're absolutely correct.

jparsons1111
08-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Reading these posts, I realize how different my, and perception of Might and Magic is from others. For me, there are two things I loved about Might and Magic; first, the open ended gameplay, and second , the resource management component of the game, Lets look a them one by one.

In MM3-6, the player started in a town with no idea what to do or how to do it, The player could do, whatever they wanted.to. Players can vary the orders of quests, change their order of expolration and fight monsters in a different order every time they play their game. As a result, the games could be played over and over. The game is almost a different experience every time

In the resource management aspect, the party has a certain amount of gold. Does the player want to buy an upgraded spell, or pay to level up his characters. The constant decisions a player had to make made the Might and Magic series very engaging.

Which brings us to MMX. I hope the developers emphasize the open-ended aspect of MM3-6. And yes, I hope that they do try to emulate some ideas from other games that have open-ended gameplay (the Elder Scrolls series in particular). And I hope that they find a way to duplicate the resource management aspect of the games.

Himekochikane
08-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Honestly, this post contains the first legitimate complaint from the Raven Claws/Segomil clown posse.

The enemies did indeed stop being goofy and completely wacky in MM6 and this game is likely not going to return to it (as it sticks to an already defined world from one of the Heroes games).

Thing is: These days won't come back - and there really won't be much of a return to them either. Gamers these days, especially new ones, cannot handle any fun or anything not entirely serious, sadly. Gamma Gazers, Wacky Ogres and MM3-5 hit animations are a thing of the past for good :(

I hope the developers emphasize the open-ended aspect of MM3-6

That I hope as well. I am just replaying MM8, and gosh is the open endedness gutted. It was bad in MM7 already, but MM8 takes the cake :/

deadlybunny
08-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Honestly, I was lost after the first paragraph. So far the game is shaping up nicely, I am very excited. One other thing I'd like to add, if you bothered to do your research properly you would have noticed that the "Huge and varied bestiary's" ended with Might and Magic II. Might and Magic 6-8 bestiary's were all loosely based on the Heroes of Might and Magic series.

FranBurns
08-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Honestly, this post contains the first legitimate complaint from the Raven Claws/Segomil clown posse.

The enemies did indeed stop being goofy and completely wacky in MM6 and this game is likely not going to return to it (as it sticks to an already defined world from one of the Heroes games).

Thing is: These days won't come back - and there really won't be much of a return to them either. Gamers these days, especially new ones, cannot handle any fun or anything not entirely serious, sadly. Gamma Gazers, Wacky Ogres and MM3-5 hit animations are a thing of the past for good :(

I agree, the monster design in MM3-5 were great and i hope they take inspiration when they add some new monsters to the Heroes6 pool.

However if I remember correctly there were no hit animations in MM3 :)

HEF2011
08-14-2013, 01:12 PM

Those days may never come back --- but --- have you seen the creature model animation in Might & Magic Heroes VI done by PuppetWorks?
There are a lot of whimsical & fun animations when the creatures are in a 'idle' state. That kind of goofiness is still apparent even in a elegant strategy game like Might & Magic Heroes VI where the cutscenes are similar to what you'd see in a Hollywood (USA) movie but it's just done in a different way.
If the game designers can bring that technique into Might & Magic X: Legacy, I believe that would be a step into the right direction and we can still enjoy some of what made those earlier Might & Magic games unique & special while at the same time retaining a strategic, thoughtful role-playing game. :)

Kmanfree
08-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Someone brought up "hit animations" which went by-by in MM6, well hardly even an animation just a splat of blood, harder the hit bigger the splat. Something like this would be nice to see again, but from the one gameplay video floating around it doesn't seem to be present so far.
I also agree with open endness of the exploration is important to keep in there as well.

Himekochikane
08-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Those days may never come back --- but --- have you seen the creature model animation in Might & Magic Heroes VI done by PuppetWorks?
There are a lot of whimsical & fun animations when the creatures are in a 'idle' state. That kind of goofiness is still apparent even in a elegant strategy game like Might & Magic Heroes VI where the cutscenes are similar to what you'd see in a Hollywood (USA) movie but it's just done in a different way.
If the game designers can bring that technique into Might & Magic X: Legacy, I believe that would be a step into the right direction and we can still enjoy some of what made those earlier Might & Magic games unique & special while at the same time retaining a strategic, thoughtful role-playing game. :)

If they do this, I will love this game forever. <3

narupley
08-17-2013, 07:45 PM
If they do this, I will love this game forever. <3

+1

Aeon1977
08-18-2013, 03:33 AM
Oh yes, there were lots of funny experiences in M&M even WAY back... remember "Juggler juggles you party" back in MMII, for example? A funny an weird imagination. I think, they go the more serious pathe these days, so we have to live with that.... Maybe there are some more funny things, but not THAT laughable as in the earier games. Regarding monster design, even MM VI was serious to the bone: Goblins, Spiders, Snakes, Dragons.... The usual types of enemies.