PDA

View Full Version : Eurogamer interview about the modern day.

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Spoilers not ahoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plx3sDW_aNQ

Most important info from the interview:

Abstergo is searching for something that can allow anyone to "jump" into the past.

Well, this takes speculation to whole new levels.

My bad. It was a very horrible misinterpretation on my side. Back to believing whatever we want. Nothing confirmed about time-travelling.

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 04:11 PM
In before they go to the past to save Desmond and actually succeed.

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 04:15 PM

They CAN go (or rather William will) to the past and save Desmond and unleash the wrath of rooster's rotten swordfish

OR they can go to the past and find a way to save the world without unleashing Juno.

OR use the device to wipe the assassins from existence, which would be the most generic evil goal ever.

pirate1802
08-12-2013, 04:15 PM

wtf! Must make my fish ready

lonewarrior30
08-12-2013, 04:21 PM
OR they will go back to the first civ age...shaun anyone?

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 04:26 PM
OR they will go back to the first civ age...shaun anyone?

That cheeky bastard didn't mean it literally, did he?

How about this. Juno tries to find this POE to go back and time and prevent the first solar flare, therefore, returning the First Civ to life and returning their reign. Yaaaaaay we become slaves to the first civ again.

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm really happy to say this. Speculation is interesting again, guys. Yaaaaaaaay :)

Kaschra
08-12-2013, 04:37 PM
There are so much possibilitis with this revelation.
I wonder if said POE is that cube thing Edward was holding in one of the trailers.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Time travel PoE?

What if Connor appears in Black Flag as an NPC? He could go back to Edward's time or Edward could go forward to Connor's time.

Although a time travel PoE.. something tells me that not many First Civ people even know about it.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm really happy to say this. Speculation is interesting again, guys. Yaaaaaaaay :)

But speculation was interesting before...

maybe only to me... :(

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Wait a moment, i though that templars already had the time traveling piece of eden, wasn't that revealed in the AC2 glyphs?

Shahkulu101
08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Time travel? Bleugh....

I take it Edward will meet time travelers on his journey. Even more bleugh.

ACfan443
08-12-2013, 05:35 PM
[video=youtube;Plx3sDW_aNQ][SIZE=4]Abstergo is searching for a POE that can take them to the past

Nooo!
They've already shown messing around with the concept of time can lead to inconsistencies.
This can also mean that they can end be Juno plot conveniently by simply going to the past and stopping her release, not a very interesting end to the arc (although it's just speculation).

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Wait a moment, i though that templars already had the time traveling piece of eden, wasn't that revealed in the AC2 glyphs?

They did. They also intentionally destroyed it cause it would cause way too much disturbances in the balance of space and time.

With Juno in the picture, maybe desperate times call for desperate measures?

Shahkulu101
08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Nooo!
They've already shown messing around with the concept of time can lead to inconsistencies.
This can also mean that they can end be Juno plot conveniently by simply going to the past and stopping her release, not a very interesting end to the arc (although it's just speculation).

This is also why I find the concept of time travel bleugh.

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Someone should but spoilers in the title

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 05:39 PM
I actually find it more likely that Edward himself will be the time traveler.

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 05:45 PM

It all makes sense now. He KNEW he was gonna die. At some point, he goes forward in time to Connor (I hope my scene with Edward patting Connor on the back happens), to help him find whatever they want to find and Oh God this time travelling is going to add a crap ton of confusion to an already "complex" modern day plot.

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 05:48 PM
It all makes sense now. He KNEW he was gonna die. At some point, he goes forward in time to Connor (I hope my scene with Edward patting Connor on the back happens), to help him find whatever they want to find and Oh God this time travelling is going to add a crap ton of confusion to an already "complex" modern day plot.

I hope that was a sick joke

Shahkulu101
08-12-2013, 05:50 PM

If this is revealed midway through I shall eject my disc and throw it out the window.

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 05:51 PM
If this is revealed midway through I shall eject my disc and throw it out the window.

At least someone agrees with my thoughts

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Someone should but spoilers in the title

How can I do that?

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I hope that was a sick joke

Why? It would be awesome if we have a scene where Edward meets Connor and gives him some directions/wisdom. I don't even care if it's to Connor. I wouldn't mind if it's directed at any other Kenway (like Connor's son).

ACfan443
08-12-2013, 05:55 PM
At least someone agrees with my thoughts

I agree too, I hate time travel.

Shahkulu101
08-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Why? It would be awesome if we have a scene where Edward meets Connor and gives him some directions/wisdom. I don't even care if it's to Connor. I wouldn't mind if it's directed at any other Kenway (like Connor's son).

If it works like the TWCB, when you are just a holagram--it wouldn't be so bad. If he is actually fully present then as I said before, I shall throw my disc out the window.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 06:01 PM

I think an Ezio-Desmond Revelations thing could also happen, where Edward manages to communicate with Connor through time with a Piece of Eden, but can't actually go forward in time to meet him.

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 06:01 PM
You know what would've been so awesome? Not disclosing this info in an interview -_-

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 06:03 PM
You know what would've been so awesome? Not disclosing this info in an interview -_-

Agreed.

At least it gives us something to discuss.

TheDanteEX
08-12-2013, 06:08 PM
The series continues to become more and more science fiction, which it has always been and there's nothing wrong with that; however, it makes the whole "grounded in reality" part of the series feel completely lost.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't see that?

However... I'm not sure if they're even going to use the Time Travel PoE..

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Calm down, people a time travel poe has existed and WAS used before the events of AC1. You can read about it in the conference room laptop emails. This isn't new or abnormal.

pirate1802
08-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Sid, remember your fanfic where you showed Ezio and Altair somehow travelling to present times? W..what if its coming true?

ACfan443
08-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Calm down, people a time travel poe has existed and WAS used before the events of AC1. You can read about it in the conference room laptop emails. This isn't new or abnormal.

I think a lot of us have known this, but now they're using it as a central plot device. Didn't Abstergo already find one but lock it away cause they didn't want mess around with the fabrics of time? (Or was that the first civ?)

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 06:36 PM
I think a lot of us have known this, but now they're using it as a central plot device. Didn't Abstergo already find one but lock it away cause they didn't want mess around with the fabrics of time? (Or was that the first civ?)
Yeah it was Abstergo and the thing actually worked. It sent a ship 18 minutes into a future state, but they locked it away...hmm...begs the question....why are they looking for another if they already have one??

Spider_Sith9
08-12-2013, 06:36 PM

I agree. It pretty much shows they cater to these type of protagonists. Altair and Connor being "bland" being used while Ezio and (possibly) Edward taken the forefront.

The series continues to become more and more science fiction, which it has always been and there's nothing wrong with that; however, it makes the whole "grounded in reality" part of the series feel completely lost.

Like it didn't jump the shark with the TWCB already? Originally realistic abilties was restricted to Aura Vision and Parkour. Now it's...this. Pretty soon Rock and 6th/7th Assassin will shoot a blast of energy at the Templars and blow up their facilities.

ACfan443
08-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah it was Abstergo and the thing actually worked. It sent a ship 18 minutes into a future state, but they locked it away...hmm...begs the question....why are they looking for another if they already have one??

My thoughts exactly...
Maybe they'll come up with some excuse that that particular PoE didn't have the capabilities to transport them back far enough

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I agree. It pretty much shows they cater to these type of protagonists. Altair and Connor being "bland" being used while Ezio and (possibly) Edward taken the forefront.

Like it didn't jump the shark with the TWCB already? Originally realistic abilties was restricted to Aura Vision and Parkour. Now it's...this. Pretty soon Rock and 6th/7th Assassin will shoot a blast of energy at the Templars and blow up their facilities.

I dun't understand how any of this post was even relevant to the posts quoted.

Spider_Sith9
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM

It would be my reaction to Shakulu's post. As well as the other part a direct response to Dante.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 06:44 PM
No I understand what it's supposed to be.. it just doesn't look relevant to the posts quoted at all.

pirate1802
08-12-2013, 06:44 PM

Me neither.What has tie travel to do with Ubisoft caring o not caring fo any type(?) of protagonists? I'm tying to run my brains but..

Either way, even if they introduce time travel I'm pretty sure the historical part would be largely remain unaffected with it. It'll be more related to the modern day mumbo jumbo.

I-Like-Pie45
08-12-2013, 06:46 PM

But does Ubisoft remember the conference room laptop emails?

Because New York seemed really deserted and Africa sounded really dead in AC3

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Well.. we never went to Africa in AC3..

and we didn't see much of New York.

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 06:57 PM
But does Ubisoft remember the conference room laptop emails?

Because New York seemed really deserted and Africa sounded really dead in AC3
5% of Africa survived, though. We only saw Cairo in AC3 and we didn't see it directly.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 06:59 PM
We never saw Cairo, they mentioned Cairo.

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 06:59 PM

They destroyed the piece, they couldn't afford to have it exist. Maybw we should check on the wiki.

Confirmed. It was locked away not destroyed.

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Never really liked the idea of the modern world being in a half dead state anyway, that was most likely what they were going to use for the modern plot before coming up with the solar flare instead.

Rakudaton
08-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Don't know if someone has suggested this, but a time-travel PoE might be the cause behind the Bermuda Triangle -- all those ships etc that go missing are going back in time or something due to the PoE's power? Who knows.

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 07:07 PM
We never saw Cairo, they mentioned Cairo.
Well we know that there ARE people alive in Cairo. That's what I meant anyways

Locopells
08-12-2013, 07:08 PM
My thoughts exactly...
Maybe they'll come up with some excuse that that particular PoE didn't have the capabilities to transport them back far enough

Maybe one takes you forward, another back?

Don't know if someone has suggested this, but a time-travel PoE might be the cause behind the Bermuda Triangle -- all those ships etc that go missing are going back in time or something due to the PoE's power? Who knows.

Well we know it figures, so...

Just had a thought. I don't normally make these kinda suggestions, but what if the game ends with the protagonist turning round to find Edward behind them?!

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 07:08 PM
The ship wasn't sent forward in time by 18 minutes, but rather disappeared into the future and returned 18 minutes later.

ACfan443
08-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Maybe one takes you forward, another back?

But wasn't the purpose of locking it away to prevent them from changing the past? Changing the past would, I assume, have far more of a destructive effect on the present

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Philadelphia Project - Data provided from Animus Subject Twelve indicates that the ship briefly manifested in a future state for approximately 18 minutes. It is unclear whether the timeline is consistent with or parallel to our own. Although we have recovered enough data to reconstruct and repair the original artifact used in the experiment, Administration has refused to move forward on the project, citing paradox concerns. Corporate policy remains in place: any objects found to interfere with or manipulate time must be contained. Artifact will be moved to secure storage.

Okay, so they actually reconstructed and repaired the Piece of Eden. It's possible that it's still broken and that to fully utilize it they would need to repair it.

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Wonder if literal time travel will replace the Animus?

I try to look on the bright side... There are some good things that this POE make possible, for example: We can go back in time and kill Paul Revere :D

TheDanteEX
08-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Obviously they're setting up their universe for an Assassin's Creed MMOG. But really, hopefully modern day plot threads will actually go somewhere this time. It's about staying committed to the choices they've made. If we're lucky, they have the entire overarching plot already written and developed. We know they at least vaguely have an ending in mind.

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Spoilers ahoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plx3sDW_aNQ

Most important info from the interview:

Abstergo is searching for a POE that can take them to the past.

Well, this takes speculation to whole new levels.

You misunderstood. He's talking about
SPOILER

How because of what happened at the end of AC3, Desmond's memories have been uploaded to the cloud, so anyone can "go into the past."
FACEPALM, this is just as bad as the misunderstood treerunning quote...

Spider_Sith9
08-12-2013, 09:04 PM
SPOILER

How because of what happened at the end of AC3, Desmond's memories have been uploaded to the cloud, so anyone can "go into the past."

Does this mean the speculation dead?

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Does this mean the speculation dead?

Absoloutely. Let's watch the trailer, intelligently listen to what was said, and then make our inferences. He was trying to make a statement about the end of AC3 without and the Animus Cloud without implying that

SPOILER

Desmond is Dead.

NondairyGold
08-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Ok, so as an employee of Abstergo, where do I get my tablet.....
Does it come with the Buccaneer edition???

ACfan443
08-12-2013, 09:17 PM
SPOILER

I wish I had actually watched the video in the first place. It was definitely a reference to the cloud, he just said it in a funny way

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
SPOILER

He said exactly "Abstergo discovered something that would allow anyone to jump into the past". We already have the animus. What else could he mean?

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:25 PM
He said exactly "Abstergo discovered something that would allow anyone to jump into the past". We already have the animus. What else could he mean?

Wow... They've reiterated this so many times... Sorry to dash your hopes. The reason for the cloud is that it allows anyone at all to access any memories that have been uploaded to the cloud.
THIS IS NOT A TIME TRAVEL REFERENCE. It just means that anybody can access Desmond's memories.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Yea, Frost thinks that's breaking the rules of the Animus or something.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Desmond is Dead.

Unless, they find a way to clone him!! ;)

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Wow... They've reiterated this so many times... Sorry to dash your hopes. The reason for the cloud is that it allows anyone at all to access any memories that have been uploaded to the cloud.
THIS IS NOT A TIME TRAVEL REFERENCE. It just means that anybody can access Desmond's memories.

My bad. I edited the description and now this is speculation.

However, why use the term Abstergo "discovered something". No one ever comes out and says "I founded dropbox or skype". They usually use the term create.

Btw, this is why I prefer my interviews written. I don't have to decode people's facial expressions when they say things. Still, I take full responsibility. Sorry guys.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:32 PM

Well, it's not like that's something new, really.

We knew about those kind of technologies being developed at Abstergo ever since 2010 when ACB was released with its multiplayer which uses the basics of the same concept, though more simplified as it doesn't actually relive memories. And even before AC3 was released we knew about Liberation which uses that concept for entertainment purposes.

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:32 PM

Then again, I have a hope that his conciousness survives in that his genetic memories, including his own, were uploaded to the cloud, so that while his body is destroyed, he survives, and is in fact, more resilient, though somewhat physically limited. Of course, that might just be me wanting it to be similar to my own sci-fi writing.

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 09:33 PM

He would still remain dead.

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 09:34 PM

It's not really breaking the rules. It's just creating sudden rules that were never even hinted at before AC ceased to become a trilogy. It's spontaneous, that's why I don't think it's really playing by the rules all that well. Colour me doubtful.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Then again, I have a hope that his conciousness survives in that his genetic memories, including his own, were uploaded to the cloud, so that while his body is destroyed, he survives, and is in fact, more resilient, though somewhat physically limited. Of course, that might just be me wanting it to be similar to my own sci-fi writing.

You write Sci-Fi? Cool!! :D Anyway, glad you didn't think it was a terrible idea. It could happen. :)

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:36 PM
My bad. I edited the description and now this is speculation.

However, why use the term Abstergo "discovered something". No one ever comes out and says "I founded dropbox or skype". They usually use the term create.

Btw, this is why I prefer my interviews written. I don't have to decode people's facial expressions when they say things. Still, I take full responsibility. Sorry guys.

Much like the treerunning, this is a simple case of language barrier. In both interviews, the Ubisoft rep was a native French speaker. Not blaming French at all. It's the simple fact that when working in a multilingual environment, you have to be extra cautious and clear about what you say,.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:36 PM
It's not really breaking the rules. It's just creating sudden rules that were never even hinted at before AC ceased to become a trilogy. It's spontaneous, that's why I don't think it's really playing by the rules all that well. Colour me doubtful.

The foundation for the cloud concept and anybody reliving anybody's memories was placed in ACB with its multiplayer (in a much less advanced way than what they do with Desmond's memories, but still). Though, I don't know if you place ACB as "before AC ceased to become a trilogy".

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:37 PM
You write Sci-Fi? Cool!! :D Anyway, glad you didn't think it was a terrible idea. It could happen. :)

I've been working on a really great project for the last few years. Eventually I hope to become a successful author. When I do publish, you should forget what I said about the cloud, as it would be a bit of a spoiler :)

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 09:38 PM
The foundation for the cloud concept was placed in ACB with its multiplayer. Though, I don't know if you place ACB as "before AC ceased to become a trilogy".

ACB was planned to be a DLC, not a full game with multiplayer. The multiplayer was also part of this game becoming a trilogy.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:39 PM
ACB was planned to be a DLC, not a full game with multiplayer. The multiplayer was also part of this game becoming a trilogy.

Well... then it all WAS, in fact, hinted at before AC ceased to become a trilogy :p

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Much like the treerunning, this is a simple case of language barrier. In both interviews, the Ubisoft rep was a native French speaker. Not blaming French at all. It's the simple fact that when working in a multilingual environment, you have to be extra cautious and clear about what you say,.

Precisely. His accent was hard as it is to understand. But you guys understand right? I swear, I didn't intentionally spread this deliberately to misinform.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 09:42 PM

Project Legacy and the DDS. Released before Brotherhood did I think.

I'm glad Assassin's Creed didn't become limited to just a trilogy. Those plans changed before AC2 released I'd bet anyway.

NondairyGold
08-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Precisely. His accent was hard as it is to understand. But you guys understand right? I swear, I didn't intentionally spread this deliberately to misinform.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... let's get the torches and pitchforks out.... I smell a lynching!!!

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:44 PM

No fault. It just happens.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I've been working on a really great project for the last few years. Eventually I hope to become a successful author. When I do publish, you should forget what I said about the cloud, as it would be a bit of a spoiler :)

That's so great!! xD I've always wanted to write a fantasy novel. :) Maybe, when I have more free time. Anyway, good luck and I'm sure you're novel will be amazing!! :D Yeah, I will do, thanks. :)

About the cloud, in ACIII, weren't we synched to the cloud too? ;)

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 09:45 PM

Source? No seriously, I see people throw this around, but as far as I'm aware, it's ACR that was originally both a DLC and a 3DS game.

There was going to be a DLC for Brotherhood in 2011 in any case, and instead we got ACR.

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 09:45 PM
I think the trilogy thing was just propaganda, they most likely planned the series to last as long as possible right from the start.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Source? No seriously, I see people throw this around, but as far as I'm aware, it's ACR that was originally both a DLC and a 3DS game.

There was going to be a DLC for Brotherhood in 2011 in any case, and instead we got ACR.

What? ACR was never a DLC, just a 3DS game.

And Brotherhood was originally planned to be released as Assassin's Creed II Episodes. This is the earliest news (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/235979/assassins-creed-2-episodes-release-date-september/) I could find, but at that time it already became a retail game (aka ACB), there should be earlier somewhere. And it didn't have multiplayer, that was something that was added with the transformation to ACB.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Hmm...

I think I might be mis-remembering something then.

I think someone (UbiGabe?) said to expect more Assassin's Creed stuff in 2011, and members assumed that it would be more Brotherhood DLC.

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 09:54 PM
That's so great!! xD I've always wanted to write a fantasy novel. :) Maybe, when I have more free time. Anyway, good luck and I'm sure you're novel will be amazing!! :D Yeah, I will do, thanks. :)

About the cloud, in ACIII, weren't we synched to the cloud too? ;)

Thanks. I eventually plan to write fantasy, though it's a LOT harder than sci-fi, at least to do it believably.

In AC3

SPOILER

After Desmond's death, the pivots become available to collect. After collecting them all, Desmond's memories were successfully uploaded to the cloud. Basically we were somehow extracting or hacking his memories by collecting the pivots. At that point, perhaps we were playing on the cloud.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Hmm...

I think I might be mis-remembering something then.

I think someone (UbiGabe?) said to expect more Assassin's Creed stuff in 2011, and members assumed that it would be more Brotherhood DLC.

Well, we did get Brotherhood DLC in form of Da Vinci Disappearance, but I'm pretty sure Gabe was referring to the Lost Legacy (wasn't that the same statement which also said that there's not going to be a console title, but there's going to be AC stuff? That was about LL)

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Well, we did get Brotherhood DLC in form of Da Vinci Disappearance, but I'm pretty sure Gabe was referring to the Lost Legacy (wasn't that the same statement which also said that there's not going to be a console title, but there's going to be AC stuff? That was about LL)

Well, I'm really impressed with ACR now, if they did all of that in 10 months o.o

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks. I eventually plan to write fantasy, though it's a LOT harder than sci-fi, at least to do it believably.

In AC3

SPOILER

After Desmond's death, the pivots become available to collect. After collecting them all, Desmond's memories were successfully uploaded to the cloud. Basically we were somehow extracting or hacking his memories by collecting the pivots. At that point, perhaps we were playing on the cloud.

You're welcome. :) Yeah, I definitely agree with you. You have to absolutely think of everything. -_-

Thank you for the explanation!! :D

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Well, I'm really impressed with ACR now, if they did all of that in 10 months o.o

They did. I was talking to Patrick Plourde once, and he said that the ACR team also had to learn how to use the toolset which the AC2/ACB team was already really comfortable with, so that was also a big complication.

NondairyGold
08-12-2013, 10:02 PM
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/TheBestBluePlaqueYoureLikelyToSeeToday_zpsbc1f906e .png (http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/UlysessJDuckett/media/TheBestBluePlaqueYoureLikelyToSeeToday_zpsbc1f906e .png.html)

Spider_Sith9
08-12-2013, 10:10 PM
What if this POE is Ourboros? Like what that Hex Code was after syncing to the Cloud?

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:11 PM
They did. I was talking to Patrick Plourde once, and he said that the ACR team also had to learn how to use the toolset which the AC2/ACB team was already really comfortable with, so that was also a big complication.

I think ACR is better than both AC2 and ACB, except I didn't like the lack of side missions and the lies about there being more than two randomly occurring missions... but Constantinople is my favorite city in the series (pretty much just because of Galata Tower, the Hagia Sophia, and the Hippodrome, but still :/) so I have to give them major props.

ACfan443

It ain't your fault frosty! If anything it's a massive relief.

Bastiaen
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/TheBestBluePlaqueYoureLikelyToSeeToday_zpsbc1f906e .png (http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/UlysessJDuckett/media/TheBestBluePlaqueYoureLikelyToSeeToday_zpsbc1f906e .png.html)

LOL, that reminds of of Hitchiker's Guide to the galaxy when they start talking about the semantics of time travel, which in turn, reminds me of Bioshock Infinite, when the Lutece's are having a similar discussion "Will have been!"

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 10:13 PM
How can I do that?

You can't, Mod's can.

Weird how they just gave away the whole modern day plot in a random interview.

ArabianFrost
08-12-2013, 10:15 PM
You can't, Mod's can.

Apparently they didn't. Read the rest of the angry comments above and my elaboration. A combination of poor English, a cheeky dev and a forum member that would believe anything cause this. My bad

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Apparently they didn't. Read the rest of the angry comments above and my elaboration. A combination of poor English, a cheeky dev and a forum member that would believe anything cause this. My bad

To clarify, mine wasn't an angry reply. I just didn't want things to get out of control, like with the tree running.

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
You can't, Mod's can.

Yes, you can. Click edit post, then go advanced options. There you can change the thread title.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:25 PM
But it won't actually change the thread title, just the title of the post.

Bastiaen
08-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes it will. Just tried it on my new thread.

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 10:32 PM
^

We should have the option to change our own thread titles, as well as having a MOBILE SUPPORT FORUM.

Here here!

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Hmm.. well they fixed that then.

ACfan443
08-12-2013, 10:38 PM

This never worked for me before, I thought it only changed the subtitle, and that the thread title was permanent unless you requested the mods to change it

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 12:18 AM
That's odd..

Sigv4rd
08-13-2013, 01:31 AM
That's odd..

Indeed...

ctuagent15
08-13-2013, 02:20 AM

Have you played AC2 lately, I'm playing it at the moment and on the title screen it keeps saying DLC Brotherhood coming soon, which is funny when you consider the game is four years old and brotherhood was not DLC. You would think they would of removed that notice from the title screen by now

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 02:24 AM
From what I remember, AC2 didn't even have a news screen. o.o

straty88
08-13-2013, 02:24 AM
Have you played AC2 lately, I'm playing it at the moment and on the title screen it keeps saying DLC Brotherhood coming soon, which is funny when you consider the game is four years old and brotherhood was not DLC. You would think they would of removed that notice from the title screen by now

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the actual Brotherhood DLC. Other games do this with new releases, whether that be a new game in the franchise or DLC. For instance on Battlefield: Bad company 2s title screen it refers to the Battlefield 3: Premium edition.

ctuagent15
08-13-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty sure that's referring to the actual Brotherhood DLC. Other games do this with new releases, whether that be a new game in the franchise or DLC. For instance on Battlefield: Bad company 2s title screen it refers to the Battlefield 3: Premium edition.
Well if that is the case shouldn't it be about AC3's DLC not Brotherhoods, considering AC3 is the latest Game

straty88
08-13-2013, 02:36 AM
Well if that is the case shouldn't it be about AC3's DLC not Brotherhoods, considering AC3 is the latest Game

They tend to only update it to a certain point. As no-one is still buying AC2 they probably just didn't bother updating it or something.

pirate1802
08-13-2013, 03:40 AM

My fish is ready.