PDA

View Full Version : How much of Edward's life will we see?

ThatGamer709
08-10-2013, 10:35 PM
The title pretty much says it all. Will we see Edward's childhood/life before assassins such as Ezio (sort of) and Connor? And will we have him to the end of his life, or at least his assassin career? They left Connor's story unfinished which really disappointed me so I'm hoping this won't happen again even if it takes a game or two.

adventurewomen
08-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I guess the most significant parts of Edward life parts be shown in AC4, for some background Forsaken from Haytham's point a view is an interesting read.

Yes I agree, I am still disappointed and there are a few more of us quite a lot of fans who appreciate Connor feel the same here.

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 10:39 PM
We will see 10 years of Edward's life.

MAYBE there will be short flashback's ala Cristina Memories/Altair Memory Seals, but the game starts in 1715 (with Edward being 22) and ends in 1725 (around the time of Haytham's conception, I think).

We do know when and how Edward dies thanks to Forsaken.

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 10:39 PM
I think it spans a decade in the game and starts from the moment he is a pirate. I think there is a new book by Oliver Bowden this fall that will tell his story prior to him becoming a pirate. The rest is in Forsaken. (I'm still in denial about the way he dies... :| )
What we don't know is how the game ends... but I'm guessing close to Edward deciding to settle down in London... (maybe we get lucky and see little Haytham, too. :))

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 10:40 PM
(maybe we get lucky and see little Haytham, too. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png)

Well, if we see little Haytham we will play as little Haytham, otherwise we can't see him ;)

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Well, if we see little Haytham we will play as little Haytham, otherwise we can't see him ;)

Ah yes... but who knows... maybe the have a trick up their sleeve about how Animus works...

Little Haytham: Dad... I want to be a Templar when I grow up!!
Edward: *falls into depression and commits harakiri* (and err.. that's how he really dies!!)

ArabianFrost
08-10-2013, 10:46 PM
I think it spans a decade in the game and starts from the moment he is a pirate. I think there is a new book by Oliver Bowden this fall that will tell his story prior to him becoming a pirate. The rest is in Forsaken. (I'm still in denial about the way he dies... :| )
What we don't know is how the game ends... but I'm guessing close to Edward deciding to settle down in London... (maybe we get lucky and see little Haytham, too. :))

Me too. I really hope it's one of those weird twists where at the end of the game, we see Connor reading Edward's journal, then behind him comes a hooded figure *dun dun dun dun dramatic music*. The hooded figure pats Connor on the shoulder and says" grand son,ow it's your turn 'you have made a difference once, now it's time to do so again' "(Juno's quote *wink* *wink*).

If the scene above is actually made, I will be in bliss.

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Ah yes... but who knows... maybe the have a trick up their sleeve about how Animus works...

Edward: *falls into depression and commits harakiri* (and err.. that's how he really dies!!)

Well, unless they go with some kind of 'Abstergo fabricates memories for entertainment purposes' thing... there's just no data of Edward's memories in existence after Haytham's conception. (ACR had to go around that fact by making all the Memory Seals).

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 10:47 PM
A decade.

adventurewomen
08-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I've said this before, during the game if Haytham is there. I can see little Haytham being a spoiled brat at times when he was a child. That would be good to see, especially when he doesn't want to go to one of his Assassin training classes. I can see him kick up a fuss, arguing that he doesn't want to go today, he wants to go out and play with the other kids instead. :D

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Me too. I really hope it's one of those weird twists where at the end of the game, we see Connor reading Edward's journal, then behind him comes a hooded figure *dun dun dun dun dramatic music*. The hooded figure pats Connor on the shoulder and says" grand son,ow it's your turn 'you have made a difference once, now it's time to do so again' "(Juno's quote *wink* *wink*).

*cries* Me, too!!!

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Yuck. I would be more like, 'WTF?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOO', but I guess to each their own :D

I actually don't want there to be anything Edward-related past 1725, because I think the games should start getting away from the 'show the whole life of an Assassin' thing that people started to expect thanks to Ezio's Trilogy.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 10:53 PM

No. There is no "trick."

You CANNOT relive memories past the moment of conception, unless they are contained on memory seals. You can't access data that simply is not there.

ArabianFrost
08-10-2013, 10:56 PM
No. There is no "trick."

You CANNOT relive memories past the moment of conception, unless they are contained on memory seals. You can't access data that simply is not there.

Ubisoft has done it once and they can do it again. No longer are there rules to access memories. First you need the original successor to access the memories, now you don't. Who knows, maybe they'll find a way to justify dwelling through memories after conception. I know it's quite unlikely but it's possible.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Yuck. I would be more like, 'WTF?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOO', but I guess to each their own :D

I actually don't want there to be anything Edward-related past 1725, because I think the games should start getting away from the 'show the whole life of an Assassin' thing that people started to expect thanks to Ezio's Trilogy.

I don't expect it because of Ezio's trilogy, I expect it because that's what they have done with every single protagonist except Aveline and Connor.

Besides that, we already know what happens in Edward's life past 1725. He settles down in London, and trains Haytham. Dies in 1735.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 10:58 PM
I think we might see Edward's death. :(

Sad as it is, it would be interesting to see how it plays out visually. Also, although it is made known by Forsaken, there will still be people who haven't read it before playing the game and I think they are trying to make ACIV accessible to new players.

Then, I would like to see Edward's life right to the end. If that is the case, it would be quite nice to see Edward's trip with Haytham to the Royal Opera House. :)

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Ubisoft has done it once and they can do it again. No longer are there rules to access memories. First you need the original successor to access the memories, now you don't. Who knows, maybe they'll find a way to justify dwelling through memories after conception. I know it's quite unlikely but it's possible.

Yes, you DO need the original successor. I've explained this to you before, apparently you chose to ignore it. Abstergo has Desmond's DNA hooked up to their servers, and that's the ONLY reason why we can access Edward's memories.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 11:00 PM
I think we will probably see Edward's death. :(

Sad as it is, it would be interesting to see how it plays out visually. Also, although it is made known by Forsaken, there will still be people who haven't read it before playing the game and I think they are trying to make ACIV accessible to new players.

Then, I would like to see Edward's life right to the end. If that is the case, it would be quite nice to see Edward's trip with Haytham to the Royal Opera House. :)

That would be better suit to a cutscene.

I do expect to have some Haytham memories to access in Black Flag.

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 11:00 PM
No. There is no "trick."

I never paid attention to the science behind this concept... lol Maybe I'm missing something but have they explained why this happens?? Also, what about mitochondrial DNA (inherited always from the mother's side)?

(And I'm working with DNA and genes in real life... :nonchalance: )

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 11:02 PM

Noooooo....

I'd rather not see it and continue living in denial... :(

x___Luffy___x

i would really like to see this kind of ending :D

Farlander1991
I don't expect it because of Ezio's trilogy, I expect it because that's what they have done with every single protagonist except Aveline and Connor.

And thanks to what we got Altair's whole life story? Yep, thanks to Ezio's trilogy ;) :p Otherwise Altair would just have had a few years of his life chronicled in games.

Well, considering that memories are just data that can be viewed through a combination of the human and the animus, not having the original successor to access the memories (though still having his blood and DNA used) makes sense from a 'technology has improved' kind of way, but viewing memories after conception through the Animus (and not something else like the Memory Seal workaround) - doesn't.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 11:03 PM
I never paid attention to the science behind this concept... lol Maybe I'm missing something but have they explained why this happens?? Also, what about mitochondrial DNA (inherited always from the mother's side)?

Uh.. think about it like this.

Say a man with normal DNA lives his life, has a child. After his child is born, his DNA gains a mutation (just pretend this is a comic book or something), do you expect his son to somehow gain this mutation as well?

It's like that, except instead of a mutation, it's memories.

The mother's DNA would contain her memories.

I-Like-Pie45
08-10-2013, 11:04 PM
the connor fangirls will probably go into conniptions if Haytham gets as little as a minute of screentime in AC4

You've seen the Tumblr rage over Aveline being playable, haven't you?

adventurewomen
08-10-2013, 11:04 PM
I agree, I also don't want to see Edward's death.

@Ladyleonhart: It would be great to see little Haytham at the Royal Opera House with his father Edward - maybe even to see why they didn't get to watch the play properly that day.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 11:05 PM
And thanks to what we got Altair's whole life story? Yep, thanks to Ezio's trilogy ;) :p Otherwise Altair would just have had a few years of his life chronicled in games.

Altair
Ezio
Desmond
Nikolai Orelov
Daniel Cross
Haytham Kenway
Edward Kenway

We know their full stories (not Edward's yet, but we will with Black Flag). It can be through a graphic novel, vita games, written novels, whatever. We still know their entire life stories, with detailed accounts on the significant Assassin/Templar events.

ArabianFrost
08-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Noooooo....

I'd rather not see it and continue living in denial... :(

There's always the shroud of Eden that revives people. Mario, Ezio's uncle (not sure though), used it but it turned the revived person into some sort of zombie. Maybe if we use it on Edward he won't be a zombie?

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 11:07 PM

Well, this concept is more 'fantasy' than scientific, but pretty much the way it works is that when a child is conceived: all the memories of his parents up to the point of conception are in his DNA (and their respective parents' memories up to the point of their conception, and so on).

So, for example, Jenny has got like 30% of Edward's life memories (because she was born fairly early in his life) in her DNA, Haytham has got like 60% of Edward's life memories, and nobody has got the rest 40% of Edward's memories in the DNA because Edward didn't pass them to anybody after those memories have been created.

Does this explanation makes sense?

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 11:07 PM
That would be better suit to a cutscene.

I do expect to have some Haytham memories to access in Black Flag.

I agree with you.

I really hope so. :) Maybe then, they'll show us Edward training Haytham in various things. Also, I would particularly like to see Edward's relations with, and Haytham's first encounter with Birch.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Well, this concept is more 'fantasy' than scientific, but pretty much the way it works is that when a child is conceived: all the memories of his parents up to the point of conception are in his DNA.

So, for example, Jenny has got like 30% of Edward's life memories (because she was born fairly early in his life) in her DNA, Haytham has got like 60% of Edward's life memories, and nobody has got the rest 40% of Edward's memories in the DNA because Edward didn't pass them to anybody after those memories have been created.

Does this explanation makes sense?

Haytham actually has 80% of Edward's memories.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 11:10 PM
@Ladyleonhart: It would be great to see little Haytham at the Royal Opera House with his father Edward - maybe even to see why they didn't get to watch the play properly that day.

Definitely! :D Exactly what I was thinking!

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Say a man with normal DNA lives his life, has a child. After his child is born, his DNA gains a mutation (just pretend this is a comic book or something), do you expect his son to somehow gain this mutation as well?

Ah okay, I get it now. So, basically the child inherits this "DNA memory" and whatever happens is up to that point indeed. :)

I was just wondering what if Abstergo recovered an ancestor's ACTUAL DNA (from raiding, say, his tomb) and managed to salvage some tiny quantity of cell material (which, if you're lucky, it would contain intact DNA). Then you would have an ancestor's FULL memories up to the time of his death.

edit: Thanks Farlander for your explanation! It makes sense, yes! :)

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 11:14 PM
There's always the shroud of Eden that revives people. Mario, Ezio's uncle (not sure though), used it but it turned the revived person into some sort of zombie. Maybe if we use it on Edward he won't be a zombie?
Edward as a zombie? I'm in! (As long he doesn't become a vampire and starts sparkling... :p)

dxsxhxcx

IMO if these new players want to know the details about the whole story and think that little "previously on AC" moment isn't enough they should play the previous games/read the books and look for additional info on the internet like we all do when we have some doubts, Ubisoft should never write the story with the new players in mind.

Jexx21
Yes, that could work.

But I'm not sure if the Animus is capable of letting someone relive their own memories.. which is exactly what that would be like...

It probably is though. Desmond psuedo-relived his own memories in ACR.

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Ah okay, I get it now. So, basically the child inherits this "DNA memory" and whatever happens is up to that point indeed. :)

I was just wondering what if Abstergo recovered an ancestor's ACTUAL DNA (from raiding, say, his tomb) and managed to salvage some tiny quantity of cell material (which, if you're lucky, it would contain intact DNA). Then you would have an ancestor's FULL memories up to the time of his death.

Yep, that actually would work, but in case of BF: we do know that they're using Desmond's DNA to access the memories.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 11:15 PM
the connor fangirls will probably go into conniptions if Haytham gets as little as a minute of screentime in AC4

You've seen the Tumblr rage over Aveline being playable, haven't you?

Personally, I would like to see more of Haytham regarding his relationship with Edward.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Aveline's story. :) She was great in AC: Liberation, and a great example of what a female Assassin protagonist should be like.

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 11:16 PM
All of it...we already saw his later life...the game will complete his life

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Also, I expect to be reliving Edward's life in Black Flag from 1712, considering that's when he sailed to Jamaica to find privateer work. I have a feeling that Edward never actually became a privateer, and that when he sailed to Jamaica he spent most of his time trying to get privateer work, but ended up working as a bartender (we knew he worked as a bartender at least).

ThatGamer709
08-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the answers I was unaware the book also covered part of Edward's life. And Ezio's arc didn't really spoil me on wanting to have the whole life. That's just a personal pet peeve of mine like they're just leaving it half done if not completely shown. But that's just my opinion.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Also, I expect to be reliving Edward's life in Black Flag from 1712, considering that's when he sailed to Jamaica to find privateer work. I have a feeling that Edward never actually became a privateer, and that when he sailed to Jamaica he spent most of his time trying to get privateer work, but ended up working as a bartender (we knew he worked as a bartender at least).

I agree. However, I think they will show us to some extent what he was doing before that too.

silvermercy
08-10-2013, 11:23 PM
If anyone's interested there's an older film called ALTERED STATES, where "the main character, a research scientist (Hurt) dives deep into his consciousness and genetic roots. In the film, he not only relives ancient experiences of his ancestors, he actually changes on the biological level".

Here's an article that gives a little... science to the fiction... (there were actual experiments in the past) http://epages.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/deep-dna-memory-theories-can-we-remember-our-ancestors%E2%80%99-lives/

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't think it will actually start in 1712. UbiSoft has been fairly accurate with the years that they're showing (like, AC3 they said will start in 1755, and it did). Plus, we know that the beginning of the game is supposed to be bombastic and epic and whatnot, straight into the fray of action, and you can't do that with a slow beginning that 1712 would require.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Ubisoft often advertised AC3 as "It is 1776, blah blah blah" and AC4 is advertised as "It is 1715," so I think they could easily have it start in 1712, or early.

I don't like "epic" beginnings. I like being eased into the action.

I would immensely prefer 1712.

EDIT: AC3 also began in 1754, not 1755.

Farlander1991
08-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Ubisoft often advertised AC3 as "It is 1776, blah blah blah" and AC4 is advertised as "It is 1715," so I think they could easily have it start in 1712, or early.

Well, they always advertise one year, but in the interviews they say the whole timespan (and, I just checked, AC3 they said was taking place between 1753 and 1783). And they're already said the timespan for AC4.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Yea, but they never said which year AC4 starts in. Just that it spans about a decade.

Billiam301
08-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Yes, that could work.

But I'm not sure if the Animus is capable of letting someone relive their own memories.. which is exactly what that would be like...

It probably is though. Desmond psuedo-relived his own memories in ACR.

It is capable because Abstergo try to use William Miles' memories to find the Grand temple after they kidnap him, though William manages to mentally block the memory which suggests it is a lot more difficult to do it on a conscious person

Shahkulu101
08-11-2013, 12:05 AM
When they said AC3 began in 1755, I was so excited to play out the decades with Connor.
Why Ubisoft why?

Spider_Sith9
08-11-2013, 12:52 AM

I know this is irrelevant to the topic at hand but how would it work with mutations because I did not understand that AT ALL.

Haytham actually has 80% of Edward's memories.

When was this revealed?

Jexx21
08-11-2013, 12:57 AM
Edward lived around 42 years. Haytham was alive for the last 10 years of Edward's life. 42-10 = 32 / 42 = .80 x 100 = 80%

Spider_Sith9
08-11-2013, 02:56 AM
Edward lived around 42 years. Haytham was alive for the last 10 years of Edward's life. 42-10 = 32 / 42 = .80 x 100 = 80%

Simplify these terms? I thought 42-10 is 30? Not 32.

Sorry, I suck at algebra

roostersrule2
08-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Simplify these terms? I thought 42-10 is 30? Not 32.

Sorry, I suck at algebraObvious troll is obvious, I like it.

Legendz54
08-11-2013, 03:10 AM
We see 10 years of his life 1715-1725 the game ends the year Haytham is born.

Jexx21
08-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Actually, we never did get a start date for the game and Darby always said "About a decade." This could mean that there is still another year of something after this "decade."

Spider_Sith9
08-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Obvious troll is obvious, I like it.

Actually I'm serious. :|

Actually, we never did get a start date for the game and Darby always said "About a decade." This could mean that there is still another year of something after this "decade."

It's pretty much a decade in which there's alot of historical moments. When AC became a history tour with AC2 everything got Forest Gumped pretty much.

Jexx21
08-11-2013, 03:29 AM
42-12 is 30. Not algebra. Elementary grade maths.

Nice troll attempt though.

Spider_Sith9
08-11-2013, 03:30 AM
42-12 is 30. Not algebra. Elementary grade maths.

Nice troll attempt though.

I wasn't trolling. You had typed 32/42.

EDIT: Damn it! I misread it the whole time. Then how does 32/42 = .80?

Look all I'm asking is for you to make sense of it all to me. Because it does not come up with what you came up with on a calc

Jexx21
08-11-2013, 03:46 AM
I wasn't trolling. You had typed 32/42. Don't believe what rooster said. >_>

EDIT: Damn it! I misread it the whole time. Then how does 32/42 = .80?

Ah, sorry, I must of made a miscalculation. I meant 76%.

Approximately 76% anyway. We don't know if Edward was actually 42 when he died or 41, and we don't know exactly when Haytham was born. So it's an approximate guess, but it's probably pretty accurate. Haytham has just over 3/4th of Edward's memories in his genes.

I do think that Black Flag will end at Haytham's conception or birth, just because it's a perfect way to show that that's the end of games with Edward, unless he used memory seals.

Not sure if they're gonna reuse memory seals again though. I'd say once is enough, but that's just me.

Spider_Sith9
08-11-2013, 03:54 AM
Which explains how they can use so much of Haytham's memories? Why would they need the seals when they have Cloud Computing?

Jexx21
08-11-2013, 04:07 AM
What do you mean "use so much of Haytham's memories"? The cloud computing thing only lets them relive the DNA of other people if they have their DNA in the cloud.

1725: Haytham born
1756: Connor born
1781: Haytham died

56-25: 31
81-25: 56

31/56 = .55 x 100 = 55%

Connor only has 55% of Haytham's memories.

Spider_Sith9
08-11-2013, 04:15 AM
What do you mean "use so much of Haytham's memories"? The cloud computing thing only lets them relive the DNA of other people if they have their DNA in the cloud.

31/56 = .55 x 100 = 55%

So you are saying no matter what they'd be forced to switch to Connor if done in an alternate scenerio where they had Cloud Computing and Desmond's Memories in the first place?

AC2_alex
08-11-2013, 04:45 AM
I would be happy if AC4 followed Edward all the way to death. Just a self-contained story would be a breath of fresh air. A stand-alone game.

Jexx21
08-11-2013, 04:49 AM
So you are saying no matter what they'd be forced to switch to Connor if done in an alternate scenerio where they had Cloud Computing and Desmond's Memories in the first place?
No. And they already have the cloud and desmond's memories, it wouldn't be an alternate scenario.

Templar_Az
08-12-2013, 02:32 AM
I think we play Edward being a dumb pirate who finds out about the Assassins, we see some minor training and then off to do the main storyline as a pirate/assassin, then he settles in England where we see his death, then we gotta play as Haytham and the devs sneaks in another 9 hours of us getting to play as Haytham and him growing up.

x___Luffy___x
08-12-2013, 03:32 AM
I think we play Edward being a dumb pirate who finds out about the Assassins, we see some minor training and then off to do the main storyline as a pirate/assassin, then he settles in England where we see his death, then we gotta play as Haytham and the devs sneaks in another 9 hours of us getting to play as Haytham and him growing up.

yeah thats not gonna happen

MasterSimaYi
08-12-2013, 08:06 AM

31/56 = .55 x 100 = 55%

Connor was conceived in 1755, so Connor only has Haytham's memories up to 1755... Also we do know that Edward was 42 when he died, since he was born on 10 March 1693 and died on 3 December 1735. :)

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 08:49 AM
I was dealing with approximates though for both Connor and Edward :P

And okay, Edward was 42 and almost 7 months old.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I think we will see from the moment he falls in love til he dies because he dies very young.
I see AC IV being a love story more than a pirate story ;D

TheDanteEX
08-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't think playing as a child growing up would be any fun. It usually works in video games as a tutorial and a learning curve. Besides, Haymitch and Connor had their stories. Personally, I'd rather we focus on new characters and new ancestries.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-12-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't think playing as a child growing up would be any fun. It usually works in video games as a tutorial and a learning curve. Besides, Haymitch and Connor had their stories. Personally, I'd rather we focus on new characters and new ancestries.

Haymitch -_- it was YOU!

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 08:47 PM

That could be nice. :)

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I hate love stories :|

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 08:56 PM

But you have so many hearts on your sig... Sorry couldn't resist XD

I wouldn't mind if there was a little romance, it would certainly be nice to see Edward getting into more serious relationships than AC2 Ezio -_-

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 08:56 PM

You should relax. :) Honestly, can you really see that happening...?

Lol, on second thoughts, you're judgement has been a bit off lately. :p

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
But you have so many hearts on your sig... Sorry couldn't resist XD

I wouldn't mind if there was a little romance, it would certainly be nice to see Edward getting into more serious relationships than AC2 Ezio -_-

Apparently, Edward did get married twice. ;)

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Love stories are just pointless stories -_- never really got the idea behind it all...usually they both die or one of them does anyway...i`m fine with a bit of romance. Like ACR..

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Love stories are just pointless stories -_- never really got the idea behind it all...usually they both die or one of them does anyway...i`m fine with a bit of romance. Like ACR..

I don't really like them that much either... especially in AC. Besides, I think the Assassins and Templars have bigger things to worry about don't you? ;) Yeah, a bit of romance will be great! xD Especially, as I don't think Edward is the type for arranged marriages.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Love stories are just pointless stories -_- never really got the idea behind it all...usually they both die or one of them does anyway...

No, that's just the Dark Side of love stories. I.e. the easy path to take when making those. Though, I understand why, it's easy to set up, usually doesn't get in the way of the main story, and there are times when it works out quite well. I like some of those stories.

The harder kind of love story would be one that explores the matters of commitment, trust, respect, all those hard things that have to be done (and sometimes sacrificed) to keep up a relationship, which would actually in case of AC4 would work REALLY well with the whole main Assassin/Pirate duality storyline. But I doubt we will see it like that, if there is one.

Shahkulu101
08-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Romance should not get in the way at all. Especially if it makes the mentor compromise the brotherhood and causes the untimely death of his closest ally.
*Cough ACR Cough*

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Apparently, Edward did get married twice. ;)

I know but I don't want another Rosa...

Rosa: Hi I'm a female conveniently in distress... Know excuse me while a swear at everyone...
Ezio: Hi I'm a Ezio I'm a man...
Ezio: Teach me how to climb, while staring at my ***?
Rosa: Sure wanna make out latter?
Ezio: Sure, only if you don't mind never seeing my again after giving me a birthday give?
Rosa: I was just going to suggest the same thing!
-_-

Such a shame Ezio & Rosa could have been so much better than Ezio & Sofia, if his story ended with AC2 and their relationship had been better written...

Assassin_M
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
No, that's just the Dark Side of love stories. I.e. the easy path to take when making those. Though, I understand why, it's easy to set up, usually doesn't get in the way of the main story, and there are times when it works out quite well. I like some of those stories.

The harder kind of love story would be one that explores the matters of commitment, trust, respect, all those hard things that have to be done (and sometimes sacrificed) to keep up a relationship, which would actually in case of AC4 would work REALLY well with the whole main Assassin/Pirate duality storyline. But I doubt we will see it like that, if there is one.
You know that actually sounds like Eddie`s relationship with his wife and something that i`ll actually enjoy..

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:21 PM

Rosa: Hi I'm a female conveniently in distress... Know excuse me while a swear at everyone...
Ezio: Sure, only if you don't mind never seeing my again after giving me a birthday give?
-_-

Such a shame Ezio & Rosa could have been so much better than Ezio & Sofia, if his story ended with AC2 and their relationship had been better written...

I don't want Ezio or Rosa! >_< That wasn't romance at all.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:22 PM

-_-

I wanted to see Rosa so badly in ACB :( But I guess we explored the Cristina relationship more deeply, so... that's something.

Though, I want to say, even though we've seen only bits and pieces of Rosa for the most part in AC2, aside from the whole meeting in a dire situation thing, they had what was quite a normal start to a possible future relationship, friendly chats, helping, banter, flirting. I hear in AC2 novel they have something more than that, but I don't take the novel into account right now. As it is in AC2 it's greatly underdeveloped as a romance sub-plot, but it had future potential.

Though, AC2 had problems with romance, really. We've seen Cristina only once >_< Which really gave the impression of her being just a fling rather than something more than that.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:24 PM

I love that idea!! xD That's what I'm actually hoping for with Edward!! :) I know he's a player, but I want to see him become better when he finds true love!! :D

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:34 PM
I love that idea!! xD That's what I'm actually hoping for with Edward!! :) I know he's a player, but I want to see him become better when he finds true love!! :D

Maybe that's just me (there isn't enough info or footage or anything to really know who Edward is as a character), but Edward doesn't really seem as a player to me. At least not the way Ezio was. Edward's player-ishness seems more like a Don Draper kind of thing, something related to his dark thoughts, outlets or past, or something along those lines.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I think we will see from the moment he falls in love til he dies because he dies very young.

42 aint young for those times

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I wanted to see Rosa so badly in ACB :( But I guess we explored the Cristina relationship more deeply, so... that's something.

Though, I want to say, even though we've seen only bits and pieces of Rosa for the most part in AC2, aside from the whole meeting in a dire situation thing, they had what was quite a normal start to a possible future relationship, friendly chats, helping, banter, flirting. I hear in AC2 novel they have something more than that, but I don't take the novel into account right now. As it is in AC2 it's greatly underdeveloped as a romance sub-plot, but it had future potential.

Though, AC2 had problems with romance, really. We've seen Cristina only once >_< Which really gave the impression of her being just a fling rather than something more than that.

Rosa's voice actress unfortunately died sometime after AC2 release so they had to cut her from Brotherhood.

Love stories suck 99% of the time, keep that away from my AC.

Shahkulu101
08-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Its young for an assassin though

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Maybe that's just me (there isn't enough info or footage or anything to really know who Edward is as a character), but Edward doesn't really seem as a player to me. At least not the way Ezio was. Edward's player-ishness seems more like a Don Draper kind of thing, something related to his dark thoughts, outlets or past, or something along those lines.

Maybe you're right about Edward. I'm in the dark about it too. Then, I'm going by the trailer and what the developers have said, and all the forum opinions that say: "Edward is like Ezio." o_0; I really hope not. -_-

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Maybe you're right about Edward. I'm in the dark about it too. Then, I'm going by the trailer and what the developers have said, and all the forum opinions that say: "Edward is like Ezio." o_0; I really hope not. -_-

Well, the developers have said that Edward is a dark character with a drinking problem and all that, so that kind of thing I mentioned would fit.

And, really, we see him brooding and thinking a lot (and drinking, in the trailers), with some morbid sense of humour shown in the E3 demo first cutscene, so... regardless of what kind of player he is, he really is not like zio.

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 09:46 PM
I don't want Ezio or Rosa! >_< That wasn't romance at all.

In the novel their relationship was a bit better... But I if the main character has a love interest.
I would prefer this:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110221211948/assassinscreed/de/images/4/4a/Christina's_Tot_2.jpg
To this:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120113192734/assassinscreed/images/f/f4/End_road_9.png

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:48 PM
In the novel their relationship was a bit better... But I if they have a scene where the main character rescues a love interest.
I would prefer this:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120113192734/assassinscreed/images/f/f4/End_road_9.png
To this:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111226230725/assassinscreed/it/images/e/e0/Ezio_salva_Rosa.jpg

Thank you for the example. :)

So you want a dramatic and heroic rescue worthy of true love!! ;)

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Thank you for the example. :)

So you want a dramatic and heroic rescue worthy of true love!! ;)

Actually posted those in the wrong order XD then changed to pic of Ezio and Christina... I don't like the parachuting Ezio thing -_-

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Actually posted those in the wrong order XD then changed to pic of Ezio and Christina... I don't like the parachuting Ezio thing -_-

Okay. Lol, it is a bit strange. :p Which AC is that from...? I think I would've found that part hilarious!! ;)

Anyway, I agree with you. That scene seems full of love and sentiment. :)

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Okay. Lol, it is a bit strange. :p Which AC is that from...? I think I would've found that part hilarious!! ;)

Anyway, I agree with you. That scene seems full of love and sentiment. :)

You're talking about Cristina's death from ACB?

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:00 PM
the parachute scene really had nothing to do with Ezio's relationship with Sofia.. they could have done that scene without the parachute thing, which was pretty stupid.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 10:02 PM
You're talking about Cristina's death from ACB?

Yes. :)

However, the question about which AC, I was referring to the parachuting Ezio.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Yes. :)

However, the question about which AC, I was referring to the parachuting Ezio.

That would be ACR, chasing Ahmet (Sofia is driving the carriage)

Spider_Sith9
08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Rosa was so cute~ <3 "Why so serious?"

And then was Cristina forgiving Ezio for abandoning her. :(

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 10:06 PM
That would be ACR, chasing Ahmet (Sofia is driving the carriage)

Thanks. :) I do try and read up on these things and I saw a lot of AC:B and AC:R when my brother played. I just couldn't bring myself to play AC:B because of Ezio. -_- By the way, which do you prefer out of the two: AC:B or AC:R? I recently played ACI and was wondering if it's worth playing AC:R for Altair's story.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Rosa was so cute~ <3 "Why so serious?"

Too lazy to make a Rosa/Joker photoshop picture... But somebody should. :D

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks. :) I do try and read up on these things and I saw a lot of AC:B and AC:R when my brother played. I just couldn't bring myself to play AC:B because of Ezio. -_- By the way, which do you prefer out of the two: AC:B or AC:R? I recently played ACI and was wondering if it's worth playing AC:R for Altair's story.

Storywise, I prefer AC:R to AC:B.

AC:B is very static, and very cartoony, though it's got a lot of cool gameplay elements. And is really very tight in how it combines all the gameplay elements with the narrative (however simple it is) and everything. AC:R has got not so successful gameplay elements like the Den Defense, and the business management REALLY got boring there.

AC:R has got my most favourite soundtrack out of all AC games.

And Altair moments have got to be my favourite part of the game, though I must say I was disappointed at first a bit, since they were too short and I expected more. Also, Ezio is different in AC:R, he's more weary, and has got actual character development (which AC:B didn't have at all).

I think Altair's story is a very nice addition to AC:R, but I'm not sure if it's worth playing it JUST for that, since it's like... Altair is like an hour out of the whole game. I think you're better off watching YouTube videos if you're interested in just Altair.

Though, Altair's and Ezio's stories play off each other really well in sense of character development and what choices they make. And the whole AC:R ending, Ezio finding Altair's body, Altair's last minutes of life, Ezio talking to Desmond... they are just awesome.

And Yusuf, AC:R has got Yusuf, that dude is just made of win, his relationship with Ezio is really cool too. In fact, AC:R doesn't have a big cast of characters, but they're all memorable. Plus, when it comes to the Assassin/Templar conflict, it was a return to the gray area of AC1 (in comparison to a very black and white AC2 and AC:B, though I must say that it didn't bother me as much in AC2 as it did in AC:B)

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:13 PM
ACR was the best out of the Ezio trilogy for me, I'd say you should get it.

But I'd say you should get all of the AC games, so :/

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 10:16 PM
10 years I thought.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Storywise, I prefer AC:R to AC:B.

AC:B is very static, and very cartoony, though it's got a lot of cool gameplay elements. AC:R has got not so successful gameplay elements like the Den Defense, and the business management REALLY got boring there.

AC:R has got my most favourite soundtrack out of all AC games.

And Altair moments have got to be my favourite part of the game, though I must say I was disappointed at first a bit, since they were too short and I expected more. Also, Ezio is different in AC:R, he's more weary, and has got actual character development (which AC:B didn't have at all).

I think Altair's story is a very nice addition to AC:R, but I'm not sure if it's worth playing it JUST for that, since it's like... Altair is like an hour out of the whole game. I think you're better off watching YouTube videos if you're interested in just Altair.

Though, Altair's and Ezio's stories play off each other really well in sense of character development and what choices they make. And the whole AC:R ending, Ezio finding Altair's body, Altair's last minutes of life, Ezio talking to Desmond... they are just awesome.

Thank you so much for the details. :) So, Ezio's character is better...? Sounds better already. :D Maybe, I will just watch the videos though. I don't think I really want to chance den defence and business management if it's REALLY boring. o_0;

It had your favourite soundtrack...? I'll definitely have to check that out at least!! xD Thanks again!! :)

I generally prefer AC:R though I feel that the quality of the game is lower than AC:B...

The Altair memories are okay, but more story related... Don't expect to run around Damascus as Altair...

Thank you!! :) Yeah, so I decided to catch the videos instead. :D

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 10:19 PM

I generally prefer AC:R though I feel that the quality of the game is lower than AC:B...

The Altair memories are okay, but more story related... Don't expect to run around Damascus as Altair...

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Thank you so much for the details. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png So, Ezio's character is better...? Sounds better already. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png Maybe, I will just watch the videos though. I don't think I really want to chance den defence and business management if it's REALLY boring. o_0;

Well, both are really optional... and if you don't do business management you really don't have to worry about den defence that much :D But it's not something that you know when going into the game first time >_< Capturing dens does give you access to nice side missions with the assassins that you mentor (though the trick after capturing a den is not getting notoriety high enough to activate a den defence situation if you want to avoid those)

t had your favourite soundtrack...? I'll definitely have to check that out at least!! xD Thanks again!! http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

Combined awesomeness of Jesper Kyd (AC1/2) and Lorne Balfe (AC3), can't get any better than that :D

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Just ignore my advice Lady.

They should call you LadyMeanie.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Well, both are really optional... and if you don't do business management you really don't have to worry about den defence that much :D But it's not something that you know when going into the game first time >_< Capturing dens does give you access to nice side missions with the assassins that you mentor (though the trick after capturing a den is not getting notoriety high enough to activate a den defence situation if you want to avoid those)

Thanks for telling me! :) I think the problem for me is, if I play it I will want 100% synchronization and all the trophies. ;) So, I'll leave it for now.

Combined awesomeness of Jesper Kyd (AC1/2) and Lorne Balfe (AC3), can't get any better than that :D

I love ACIII's soundtrack!! :D Also, some of ACI's and ACII's tracks really resonated with me and I have a few favourites from those too!! :) Then, I agree with you, and Jesper Kyd and Lorne Balfe are the greatest!! xD

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Thank you so much for the details. :) So, Ezio's character is better...? Sounds better already. :D Maybe, I will just watch the videos though. I don't think I really want to chance den defence and business management if it's REALLY boring. o_0;

It had your favourite soundtrack...? I'll definitely have to check that out at least!! xD Thanks again!! :)

AC:R is not REALLY boring nor does it have any REALLY boring elements. Plus you can grab it for like 8 so its not like you are wasting a ton of money.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 10:36 PM
AC:R is not REALLY boring nor does it have any REALLY boring elements. Plus you can grab it for like 8 so its not like you are wasting a ton of money.

I never said that AC:R is boring as a whole. But it's got REALLY boring elements :p

pacmanate
08-12-2013, 10:37 PM
I never said that AC:R is boring as a whole. But it's got REALLY boring elements :p

If you are good at not staying notorious, then Den Defence shouldn't be a problem ;)

I'm not even gonna pretend I am stealthy in AC, because it doesnt really give me many stealth elements. In the 5 playthroughs of ACR I think only 1 of my dens ever got attacked apart from that tutorial mission. Only cause I bribed the hell out of guys.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks for telling me! :) I think the problem for me is, if I play it I will want 100% synchronization and all the trophies. ;) So, I'll leave it for now.

AC:R is the only AC game I never got 100% synch with. Maybe one day.

But, there's also a bug on the latest PC version that makes a challenge section unwinnable (and therefore 100% completion unattainable), and working around it... don't have the time for it right now.

I'm not even gonna pretend I am stealthy in AC, because it doesnt really give me many stealth elements. In the 5 playthroughs of ACR I think only 1 of my dens ever got attacked apart from that tutorial mission. Only cause I bribed the hell out of guys.

Or, there is a spot in the game (I think before you get to Yusuf to check out on the recaptured Assassin's Den, or something like that) when you don't get notoriety at all, I captured and bought out at least half of the city that way without worrying about bribing or anything :D But, you know, constantly bribing and decreasing notoriety gets boring :p

(Though, I really loved sudden stalker strikes which happen more often when notoriety's higher, so that was the reason why I didn't want to keep it low all the time)

EDIT: Or, maybe your notoriety does get higher, but, there are no den attack there, I guess because they didn't want to put a den defence on the den you just defended and where you've got a story mission waiting for you, so they just deactivated it altogether.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Just ignore my advice Lady.

They should call you LadyMeanie..

Come on Jexx, please don't be like that. I'm sorry. I wasn't ignoring you. I actually thought you were making generalised comments like you normally do. :confused: Then if you quote me, I'll definitely respond to you!! :D

Look, I'll answer you now: :)

the parachute scene really had nothing to do with Ezio's relationship with Sofia.. they could have done that scene without the parachute thing, which was pretty stupid.

I agree with you. I never played AC: R, but from the picture it looks ridiculous. o_0;

ACR was the best out of the Ezio trilogy for me, I'd say you should get it.

But I'd say you should get all of the AC games, so :/

Thank you, Jexx!! :D It was your favourite Ezio game...? Must be really good then. M also said it's his favourite. So thanks Jexx. :) I'll definitely give it a go at some point. ^_^

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't like quoting people. I was joking as well with that post.

:P

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't like quoting people. I was joking as well with that post.

:P

I believed you. :( You meanie. I dub you Sir Jexx, the Meanie. :P

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 10:49 PM
you're not my queen, you can't knight me.

that's M's job.

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 10:59 PM
The parachute scene wasn't so bad but it kind of marked the moment when the series went from a fairly realistic series in to a more hollywoodesque action series.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 11:02 PM
series is still fairly realistic so I don't get your point

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 11:03 PM
you're not my queen, you can't knight me.

that's M's job.

I'm a Lady. So I can. :) So there Sir Jexx, the Meanie. ;)

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Revelations in general is full of hollywoodesque action scenes like that harbor escape segment, the type of scene you expect to see on a Michael Bay movie, not on an AC game.

I don't really dislike them much, but previous ACs didn't have them and they sure don't had nothing to the realism.

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm a Lady. So I can. :) So there Sir Jexx, the Meanie. ;)

I like it :)

Sigv4rd
08-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Revelations in general is full of hollywoodesque action scenes like that harbor escape segment, the type of scene you expect to see on a Michael Bay movie and not on an AC game.

I don't really dislike them much, but previous ACs didn't have them and they sure don't had nothing to the realism.

For me that happened with the AC:R wagon seen
http://images.lazygamer.net/2011/11/ACR_SP_SC_44_SD_EzioAndLeandrosCarriageChase.jpg

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 11:12 PM
For me that happened with the AC:R wagon seen
http://images.lazygamer.net/2011/11/ACR_SP_SC_44_SD_EzioAndLeandrosCarriageChase.jpg

What about AC:B War Machine missions? I mean... in one of them you get into a freakin' tank. Which is kinda awesome. But a tank.

ladyleonhart
08-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I like it :)

Thanks. :)

ze_topazio
08-12-2013, 11:16 PM
The Da Vinci machines weren't that unrealistic if you accepted that they could work, they weren't necessarily firing lasers or moving at high speeds or anything.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Well yea, ACB and ACR got kind of ridiculous, but AC3 stayed pretty down-to-earth.

Farlander1991
08-12-2013, 11:21 PM
The Da Vinci machines weren't that unrealistic if you accepted that they could work, they weren't necessarily firing lasers or moving at high speeds or anything.

Well, really, the wagon scene and half of the Ahmet chase was pretty much a combination of the AC2 wagon chase and ACB machine gun chase. Those were pretty high speed, btw. In AC:R last chase it got a bit ridiculous with the parachute, though still more or less viable in that sense still (no less viable than the flying machine sequences). The ridiculous part of Ahmet chase was the falling down from cliff part. I think that's where it went too much over the top.

Jexx21
08-12-2013, 11:35 PM
That's also a scene that was excluded from the novel.