PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations : Bomb Challenge 2 Glitch

Sdwakias
08-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I have a BIG problem (at least for me) with AC: Revelations... I can't complete the second set of the bomb challenges... I have crafted ALL the bombs, I am absolute sure... The problem are the "Craft a bomb with every shell type" challenge and "Craft one bomb of each effect type" challege... Even though I've got the "Use every effect type at least twice", I don't have the other two, which is ridiculous... I am SURE I crafted them all and didn't just bought or got the ones I used... I have also finished all the Piri Reis missions, but as I said, I am sure that the 5th challege (to use every effect type) was done by using CRAFTED bombs (I did it so I was sure that the other achievements were not done yet because of the missions...). So, any help on that?????

The_Dragon_NL
01-04-2014, 03:58 PM
I have got the same problem.
Every "solution" that is mentioned, I have tried, but no luck.

Ubisoft, please fix this years old bug.

drakkar321
01-05-2014, 01:45 PM
I had this problem as well when I played though AC:R. Since it is still not fixed and the game has been out for quite a while now, I would guess that it probably never will be. I really do hope I am wrong about that, but I wouldn't count on it getting fixed. The sad truth is that almost every game on the market will still have bugs even when they get their "final" patch.

OptimusJ1975
01-07-2014, 06:09 PM
I completed that and I must say the way they made it possible is pretty dumb, SPECIALLY when they could patch a single WORDING FIX on the requirement to make everyone's life a lot easier.
"QUICK Craft a bomb with every shell type" should lead people to the completion of the challenge.
Meaning that you make a single bomb for each slot in the station, LEAVE, bring up the weapon wheel in front of the station and press the button for QUICK CRAFT of the bombs without really opening the station.
That should award the requirements of any bomb manufacturing challenge.

P.S.: I did too have to search the internet for this solution.

DemigodWL
01-07-2014, 09:39 PM
The only way I could get this to work was to
1. uninstall the game completely but keeping save games.
2. Reinstall but don't let it patch.
3. start the game load up the save game, do the challenges make sure it saved (go to hideout) quit
4. patch and play as normal.

You do need the patch as they do fix quite a few other bugs pitty they introduced this one as the vanilla game doesn't have it.

If you have a downloaded (steam/ubishop) version it may come pre patched but that inst my experience with AC brotherhood so It may work. Good luck.

ENT_DocY
12-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Hi All

Resurrecting an old thread, but I'm playing Revelations now, and had the same problem. On Uplay it's not possible to install old versions etc, but I managed to egt the achievement by doing the following:

I went to Sequence 3, memory 5. I then went to an OUTSIDE bomb cabinet, and cleared all my bombs. I then made ONE bomb of a casing (I don't think powder and effect don't matter, but I used the same powder and effect for each one), and exited the cabinet, and quick crafted another bomb. Repeat for each casing. You must wait a second or so after exiting the cabinet, or the game won't register the new quick-crafted bomb!

I then did the same thing for the effects. I used only the teracotta chell, and Indian gunpowder; there's no need to use different casings and powders for this one. Again, craft only ONE at a time, and wait a second or two after exiting the cabinet, and quick-craft another one. Don't be in a hurry and try to make a bomb in each category. Do one at a time.

It's a bit time-consuming, but at least it works. Hope this helps someone. (wish I was playing Origins, but have to wait for a good sale:))

Alezilla68
12-27-2017, 11:55 AM
To whoever posted here in the last 5 days. I tried this and yet I still can't complete these damn challenges. I have been trying for what feels like an eternity to get any sort of progress into these challenges, and nothing to show for it. Since you posted so recently (this is actually the only post regarding this topic in the past year that I could find),I can only imagine (pray) you are playing under the same general circumstances as I am in terms of platform and version. I am running the game from Steam and it's version 1.03. I am at sequence 3 memory 7. I redownloaded this game about a week or so ago. I have completed most of the secondary memories. Please explain to me again exactly how you miraculously completed these challenges.

Fox22743
01-29-2018, 02:31 PM
To whoever posted here in the last 5 days. I tried this and yet I still can't complete these damn challenges. I have been trying for what feels like an eternity to get any sort of progress into these challenges, and nothing to show for it. Since you posted so recently (this is actually the only post regarding this topic in the past year that I could find),I can only imagine (pray) you are playing under the same general circumstances as I am in terms of platform and version. I am running the game from Steam and it's version 1.03. I am at sequence 3 memory 7. I redownloaded this game about a week or so ago. I have completed most of the secondary memories. Please explain to me again exactly how you miraculously completed these challenges.

Hey there,

I see you are having the same problem that I am having. I managed to get this right today using a similar method as the one mentioned in the post above you. Here's what I did:

FOR SHELL TYPES

1) Go to Sequence 3, Memory 5
2) Use an outside crafting table (I used the closest one to Piri Reis' shop)
3) Dismantle all bombs that you may have (use "space bar" on PC and not your "Enter" key)
4) Start crafting shell types in the sequence that they show up (left to right) ie, Impact, Fuse, Tripwire, Sticky (also I used Arabic gunpowder and Shrapnel on my lethal pouch because that's what you get when you open the table)
5) Craft only 2 bombs at the table before exiting (the 1st one where you choose each ingredient manually by pressing "enter" on each ingredient and the 2nd with the add bomb button)
6) Exit the crafting table
7) Take one step away from the table
8) Bring up your weapon wheel (press and hold "Q") and only click on the bomb that you crafted without actually quick crafting it yet.

OK SO HERE'S THE TRICKY PART AND THE PART THAT SEEMED TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ME

9) Press and hold "Q" and quickly press "Space bar" to quick craft only 1 more bomb (You have to do this very fast without the weapon wheel showing at all). You'll now have 3 of the same bomb
10) Open the crafting table and repeat steps 3 to 9 making sure to dismantle the bombs with "space bar" and not modify the bombs with "Enter". Also I stuck with the Arabic gunpowder and Shrapnel for all the shell types.

FOR EFFECT TYPES

1) Go to Sequence 3, Memory 5
2) Use an outside crafting table (I used the closest one to Piri Reis' shop)
3) Dismantle all bombs that you may have (use "space bar" on PC and not your "Enter" key)
4) Start crafting EFFECT types in the sequence that they show up (left to right and lethal to diversion. Also I used Arabic gunpowder and Impact shell because that's what you get when you open the table)
5) Craft only 2 bombs at the table before exiting (the 1st one where you choose each ingredient manually by pressing "enter" on each ingredient and the 2nd with the add bomb button)
6) Exit the crafting table
7) Take one step away from the table
8) Bring up your weapon wheel (press and hold "Q") and only click on the bomb that you crafted without actually quick crafting it yet.

OK SO HERE'S THE TRICKY PART AND THE PART THAT SEEMED TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ME

9) Press and hold "Q" and quickly press "Space bar" to quick craft only 1 more bomb (You have to do this very fast without the weapon wheel showing at all). You'll now have 3 of the same bomb
10) Open the crafting table and repeat steps 3 to 9 making sure to dismantle the bombs with "space bar" and not modify the bombs with "Enter". Also I stuck with the Arabic gunpowder and Impact Shell for all the effect types.

I'm really not sure if all of the above steps are necessary. I do however know that when I did not quick craft the way that I mentioned above, I did not get it completed. So I'm pretty sure that's needed. Also I think the dismantling part of the crafting is also very important instead of modifying.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I was making the bombs this way, after quick crafting some of them I'd get a note that would pop up on the left side of my screen explaining the bomb effect that I just crafted. Essentially indicating to me that these bombs were never ever "crafted" or come across according to the game. (The two bombs that I do remember were the Lamb's blood and the Pyrite coins)

Locopells
01-29-2018, 06:39 PM
It seems a bit arbitrary. I played ACR in the back end of last year, for the first time in about 2/3 years and they all cleared fine, for the first time ever (since the patch) with no real effort from me...