PDA

View Full Version : AC IV: Black Flag for PLAYSTATION 3

vinkula
08-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello fellow AC fans!

This is what I've been thinking with a friend of mine: The PS3 version of AC IV BF. Since most (if not all) footage have been PS4-footage, I started to wonder what are the graphics like for PS3? I am a bit concerned here. No, I cannot afford a PS4 yet, so I am getting AC IV for PS3.

So Ubi, can't you publish soon PS3 footage? Like in-game character model and stuff. PS3 users would be pleased :)
(AC 3 level graphics are fine with me! If you can boost'em up... even better!)

What do you others think?

Sushiglutton
08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I think they will be very similar to AC3. It's the same engine and a lot of the things from AC3 have been copy-pasted. For example you may have noticed that Edward has many of the same animations as Connor did. And many of the assets are the same. So if you thought AC3 was fine on Ps3 I wouldn't worry.

vinkula
08-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Oh, okay :P That sounds awesome then! A big sigh, actually.

Now waiting for footage, if Ubi releases some. Even tho I am confident by your post now, but it would be nice.

vinkula
08-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Okay I am a bit concerned again. The new stealth gameplay video. The man (Can't pronounce his name, sorry) said that the next-gen has made them possible to do more dynamics to the environment, better lightning, underwater locations much more life-y. I hope PS3 can manage those too.

Zeusel111
08-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Okay I am a bit concerned again. The new stealth gameplay video. The man (Can't pronounce his name, sorry) said that the next-gen has made them possible to do more dynamics to the environment, better lightning, underwater locations much more life-y. I hope PS3 can manage those too.

What makes you think the PS3 can handle the Next-gen stuff?

vinkula
08-14-2013, 03:11 PM
What makes you think the PS3 can handle the Next-gen stuff?

Well, that's what I am asking here, how does it can handle it?

Zeusel111
08-14-2013, 03:13 PM

It cant.It will have the same stuff as the Next-Gen versions,but won't look as good.The underwater stuff won't be as dynamic and the physics won't be as good.But no gameplay will be different.

pacmanate
08-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Well they arent going to be worse than AC3. I still think AC3 has amazing graphics. Sure it has technical problems but it does look good.

vinkula
08-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Okay, thank you guys :) Now I have to start saving for PS4, so one day I can get AC4 for that too. lol.

Yeah, pacmanate, I think AC III looked awesome and it still does!
Zeusel 111, thanks. That doesn't sound all too meh, tbh. Sounds still kinda great to me !

ctuagent15
08-14-2013, 03:22 PM
It won't be able too, The PS4 will look better then the PS3 version, thats not to say the PS3 version won't look good just not as good as the PS4 version

Edit: This is what Ash has to say about it

http://i.picpar.com/J5t.png

Mr_Shade
08-14-2013, 04:34 PM
indeed...

The game will be amazing on ANY platform - the Next Gen though, have the benefits of newer hardware, so will be very similar to PC..

The current gen consoles - will still deliver an amazing game :)

ze_topazio
08-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Okay, thank you guys :) Now I have to start saving for PS4, so one day I can get AC4 for that too. lol.

Yeah, pacmanate, I think AC III looked awesome and it still does!
Zeusel 111, thanks. That doesn't sound all too meh, tbh. Sounds still kinda great to me !

AC5 or 6 may already be available by then depending on how long you take.

BlastThyName
08-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Hello fellow AC fans!

This is what I've been thinking with a friend of mine: The PS3 version of AC IV BF. Since most (if not all) footage have been PS4-footage, I started to wonder what are the graphics like for PS3? I am a bit concerned here. No, I cannot afford a PS4 yet, so I am getting AC IV for PS3.

So Ubi, can't you publish soon PS3 footage? Like in-game character model and stuff. PS3 users would be pleased :)
(AC 3 level graphics are fine with me! If you can boost'em up... even better!)

What do you others think?

It's going to look nowhere close to the next-gen versions you can bet on it.

BlastThyName
08-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Hum, no you are day dreaming there.

PS3 simply does not have the grunt for those graphics.

The current-gen versions will be severely cut down graphics wise, no AF, cheap AA, awful draw distance, downgraded effects, fewer dynamic lights, not sursurface scattering on vegetation, low res textures, lower polycount on characters, no tessellation, dithered shadows, low res shadowmap, uneven framerate, 720p in the best case scenario.

Let's be realistic, it will look "good" by current-gen consoles standards but absolutely nowhere near the PC/PS4/XB1 versions.

This is what AC3 looks like on PS3 and this game pushed the hardware really hard :
http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/2/4/5/3/7/PS3_007.png

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
is the above screenshot supposed to look bad?

BlastThyName
08-14-2013, 08:27 PM
is the above screenshot supposed to look bad?

I tried to find the less appalling screenshot in Eurogamer's Face Off.

I played the game on PS3 before its PC release and that was painful, very inconsistent framerate, very poor LOD, pop-in galore and the AA solution is not to my liking at all.
The low-res textures did not help either.

The goodside is that it made the PC version shine with TXAA/1080p/max settings. :D

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 08:30 PM
I played AC3 on PC as well, but I had to do it on the lowest settings they had :(

I'll be getting a better computer soon, so hopefully I'll get some better visuals.

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 10:08 PM
All PC graphics are by far superior than compared to console games.

I have a high end gaming pc with all the latest hardware I can run AC3 on all MAX settings - looks amazing, the PC version looks 100% times better in graphics compared to both PS3 & 360. The framerate runs better on the PC as well.

:)

Zeusel111
08-14-2013, 10:24 PM
All PC graphics are by far superior than compared to console games.

I have a high end gaming pc with all the latest hardware I can run AC3 on all MAX settings - looks amazing, the PC version looks 100% times better in graphics compared to both PS3 & 360. The framerate runs better on the PC as well.

:)

No need for a high end pc,but yes,it looks great.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2013, 11:40 PM
very inconsistent framerate, very poor LOD, pop-in galore and the AA solution is not to my liking at all.

This is the kind of stuff I'm slightly worried about as well, especially with the naval map being so huge. I'm not a huge graphics hound, but pop-in and bad LOD bug the hell out of me. Both of them were rampant in Rome on current-gen, so color me slightly concerned. I'll likely wait for PS4.

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 10:08 AM
POP in and frame rates annoy the hell out of me.

ProletariatPleb
08-15-2013, 10:33 AM
This thread again...