PDA

View Full Version : The Finale of Assassins Creed

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Whether the great AC franchise is to end in 3, 10 or 30 more games, there's probably an ending planned or at least an idea or a concept in mind just like how they had a story for Desmond and they probably knew how to end it like they knew how to start it.

How do you think the AC franchise will end, story-wise? forget sales, forget demand, just express your thoughts on where the story will end up which will probably be related to modern day more than historical times since the sole reason for reviewing the past is to find clues on how to progress in the present.

Though I'm sure there will be sometime that somebody revives the franchise one way or another since there's demand, let's say how the franchise as we know it or how the current story as we know it will end before it gets rebooted, changed or whatever...

Vote and discuss!

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Age of Enlightenment or The Templars create their New World.

adventurewomen
08-06-2013, 01:25 AM
It's too early to say, to be honest! It would probably easier to tell after AC4.

LoyalACFan
08-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Honestly, I don't even care. My interest in the modern-day story died a long time ago. I'm just in it for the historical aspect, I wouldn't even care if they axed the present-day completely.

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Honestly, I don't even care. My interest in the modern-day story died a long time ago. I'm just in it for the historical aspect, I wouldn't even care if they axed the present-day completely.

Sure is seeming like that. They are even making the Assassins disappear from the story just to give you more access to an Animus that does everything. >_>

adventurewomen
08-06-2013, 01:30 AM
I agree with you, same here these days I only play AC for the historical side of the game. I'm not too bothered about the finale of the future side of the game.

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Eve is William Miles

LoyalACFan
08-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Eve is William Miles

And is pregnant with Desmond's son :eek:

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 01:33 AM
And is pregnant with Desmond's son :eek:
Incestion

Sigv4rd
08-06-2013, 01:36 AM
I would like a mix of Mind Blowing and Happy...

For a setting? I think London should be the ending to end all settings for AC games.

What I think will happen: Ubisoft will put the franchise "on hold" like they did with POP...

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 01:38 AM
I'll always care about Modern Day story. Although I do think they're trying to somehow turn it to a different shape or minimize it, but I think it's an essential part of the game. In fact, I can't wait to leave the Animus to see what will happen next from ACI to ACIII. I think we need to wait and see whether they're trying to completely end Modern Day gradually or just changing it's pace and style to fit the story in their minds.

I doubt ACIV will have any major additions to Modern Day, though... I think it'll be more about eavesdropping, reading files, solving puzzles but not much of a progress nor a real conclusion to a certain part of the plot.

Eve is William Miles

Juno is Cher. Mother of Lady Gaga.

silvermercy
08-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Mind-blowing or happy. Obviously the former is the most difficult to create...

I like ambiguous endings.

My ending... hmm... every person in the future has an animus in their own home, either as a type of entertainment or as a means of communication with other people. The world is saved, Juno seems to be defeated... everyone is happy... Cut scene to an image of Earth from space: You discover the Animus network has formed a giant Apple. ;)

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 01:45 AM

For a setting? I think London should be the ending to end all settings for AC games.

What I think will happen: Ubisoft will put the franchise "on hold" like they did with POP...

I also want a mixture of Mind-blowing and happy. In fact, I would've loved the fact that by the end of ACIII, we discover that all this was a memory reviewed by another Animus user in the future. I want a twist, something that will be totally unexpected yet positively affects the story. Something that isn't obvious at all nor something that feels forced on the plot. Just something that they might have hinted in the past but nobody paid attention to it or something that has some sort of grand event that we'll all be like "HEYYYYYYY SO THAT'S WHAT THIS WAS! OH SEEEE! I TOLD YOU THEY SAID THIS IN AC1 or AC:B".

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 01:45 AM
Mind-blowing or happy. Obviously the former is the most difficult to create...

I like ambiguous endings.

My ending... hmm... every person in the future has an animus in their own home, either as a type of entertainment or as a means of communication with other people. The world is saved, Juno seems to be defeated... everyone is happy... Cut scene to an image of Earth from space: You discover the Animus network has formed a giant Apple. ;)

But... The Apple isn't the only POE. But I see what you mean by mind-control.

I personally find that scenerio where it's the same but instead everyone has VR Headmounts. What do they call it? Rift.

Or the Templars win and the Assassins die. Revealing that we were evil all along.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 01:48 AM

I personally find that scenerio where it's the same but instead everyone has VR Headmounts. What do they call it? Rift.

Or the Templars win and the Assassins die. Revealing that we were evil all along.

I like the cutscene of a shot of the Earth showing the Animus Network looking like an Apple, idea. I think the member who said it meant it more of a symbolism to how we're all under control just like how the world actually is.

Anyway, I also like your idea of the Templars winning. I think most AC games showed that some Templars had a point and ACIII was almost in the middle and not taking any sides so maybe an ending that shows that the Assassins weren't the only heroes out there or maybe a truce between both or both ending once and for all or something like that.

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Hayth_M turns out to be the Abstergo CEO and Grandmaster

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Hayth_M turns out to be the Abstergo CEO and Grandmaster

And Assassin_M turns out to be Altair which lived forever because the effect of the Apple and became Willia_M Miles ;)

silvermercy
08-06-2013, 01:51 AM

The Earth could be one of the PoE (among other planets, that is).

Also, about the Templars winning, yes, that would be also epic. :D

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 01:51 AM
And Assassin_M turns out to be Altair which lived forever because the effect of the Apple and became Willia_M Miles ;)
It all falls into place and makes sense.

silvermercy
08-06-2013, 01:52 AM
I like the cutscene of a shot of the Earth showing the Animus Network looking like an Apple, idea. I think the member who said it meant it more of a symbolism to how we're all under control just like how the world actually is.
True. :) Another form of mind control. It never ends. It just changes forms.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 01:52 AM
It all falls into place and makes sense.

You and I bro, we ROCK :P

True. Another form of mind control.

Totally. The media, music, viral videos, gaming, films, news, cover-up stories, political problems, wars. I believe most of them are engineered and made up for a goal that people are yet to understand. Even conspiracy theories, I believe many governments might create them as some sort of distraction to make you believe, research and make conclusions from the "evidence" they plant for you to go according to their plot while their intentions are going a whole different route.

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 01:56 AM

Anyway, I also like your idea of the Templars winning. I think most AC games showed that some Templars had a point and ACIII was almost in the middle and not taking any sides so maybe an ending that shows that the Assassins weren't the only heroes out there or maybe a truce between both or both ending once and for all or something like that.

Do you honestly think the Templars would collaborate with the Assassins? I mean... you've seen how the Templars operate throughout history (minus Renaissance). These guys are no joke. And I bet Clay would be pissed if they did. xD

Also, how would it play out. Though it would be heartwarming if after the last battle against Juno, they all go their seperate ways and stay in the shadows and use only moderation as a weapon. And life goes on. Not Perfect Order or Perfect Chaos. Almost as if the AC series never happened. I thought AC3 was gonna end like that. Desmond and Cross being friends even in the end. Maybe it shows a person getting on a bus going to work to symbolize how stable society is.

Alternately, it can show in a crevice a young girl finding an item. That item is a POE. Hinting at a sequel (that will never come of course xD).

Sigv4rd
08-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Actually I have a better idea the Assassins and Templars come to an agreement and draw a line across the earth dividing it into Assassinland and Templartopia... Alternatively they just get a time share of the world...

silvermercy
08-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Totally. The media, music, viral videos, gaming, films, news, cover-up stories, political problems, wars. I believe most of them are engineered and made up for a goal that people are yet to understand. Even conspiracy theories, I believe many governments might create them as some sort of distraction to make you believe, research and make conclusions from the "evidence" they plant for you to go according to their plot while their intentions are going a whole different route.
Oh yes!! Even some conspiracy theories indeed! It's like throwing you a bait to look towards the other direction thinking you've got it all covered and under control.

So, yeah. I'd like to see this... "evolution" of the ancient mind control. What better than good ol' Animus? It has taken a central role for so many games anyway and it's always been seen as a helpful tool to PREVENT mind control. But in the end... ;)

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 02:00 AM

AM from And I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream?! :O

The Earth could be one of the PoE (among other planets, that is).

Also, about the Templars winning, yes, that would be also epic. :D

True. :) Another form of mind control. It never ends. It just changes forms.

You and I bro, we ROCK :P

That's just downright creepy. Reminds of the guy who proved that pacemakers could be hacked into killing people like on that show I forgot the name of. When he was gonna give a speech the next day, he was found dead the day before. I find that unnatural.

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Oh yes!! Even some conspiracy theories indeed! It's like throwing you a bait to look towards the other direction thinking you've got it all covered and under control.

So, yeah. I'd like to see this... "evolution" of the ancient mind control. What better than good ol' Animus? It has taken a central role for so many games anyway and it's always been seen as a helpful tool to PREVENT mind control. But in the end... ;)

Reminds me of The Orange Clan. They control the world from the shadows. All they need is the answer to life and they will be equal to the Gods.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 02:06 AM
Do you honestly think the Templars would collaborate with the Assassins? I mean... you've seen how the Templars operate throughout history (minus Renaissance). These guys are no joke. And I bet Clay would be pissed if they did. xD

Also, how would it play out. Though it would be heartwarming if after the last battle against Juno, they all go their seperate ways and stay in the shadows and use only moderation as a weapon. And life goes on. Not Perfect Order or Perfect Chaos. Almost as if the AC series never happened. I thought AC3 was gonna end like that. Desmond and Cross being friends even in the end. Maybe it shows a person getting on a bus going to work to symbolize how stable society is.

Alternately, it can show in a crevice a young girl finding an item. That item is a POE. Hinting at a sequel (that will never come of course xD).

I thought something like a common enemy would make them work together, like Juno maybe or whoever is with her. Minerva said "They will enslave your kind" I doubt she meant The Templars because Juno could care less about what the Templars or the Assassins want. She waited for 75000 years to assume control so God knows what she's up to and now they say she's a "rogue A.I." according to the Twitter sessions. There's also Erudito and the Erudite God whom I'm almost 100% sure are related somehow. Maybe he and Juno are allies or maybe somebody else is. We only know of the Etruscan/Roman Gods portion of TWCB, what about other Gods from other civilizations and cultures? I'm sure there were more remarkable members than Tinea, Juno and Minerva whom we still don't know their intentions nor motives.

I like your idea. Even though some may laugh at the Desmond and Daniel being friends but I like it. It adds more fun to the story. I'm not against a happy ending and a walk towards the sunset LOL as long as the story feels finished and the ending is satisfying like MGS4 for example which had an almost 100% happy ending for most characters.

Maybe the end can show that both the Templars and the Assassins have ended their quests, realizing that "The world is a tapestry of different nations and cultures. A just leader would seek to celebrate it, not unravel it" which is what Suleiman said when asked about the Templar plot. Of course, it is a different situation here but the world is full of different people and belief systems that not one side can just dominate.

AM from And I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream?! :O

That's just downright creepy. Reminds of the guy who proved that pacemakers could be hacked into killing people like on that show I forgot the name of. When he was gonna give a speech the next day, he was found dead the day before. I find that unnatural.

WOW. That's a pretty interesting and creepy story. I guess there are hundreds of "sudden" and "accidental" deaths to important figures that have more stories behind them than we can imagine. I believe that the world isn't as obvious as it seems.

silvermercy
08-06-2013, 11:25 AM
WOW. That's a pretty interesting and creepy story. I guess there are hundreds of "sudden" and "accidental" deaths to important figures that have more stories behind them than we can imagine. I believe that the world isn't as obvious as it seems.
I was reading about how a scientist in earlier 20th century had actually found the cancer cure and he and everyone that worked on the project got wiped out.
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/cancercurethatworked1997.shtml

Shahkulu101
08-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I think either faction 'winning' wouldn't stay true to the series. Maybe the Assassin's and Templar's do collaborate to stop Juno and when the threat is neutralized it's left ambiguous whether or not they resume fighting--the cycle of life goes on as it always has.

Or Erudito co-operate with the Assassin's and reduce the Templars's to a few scattered factions and the Assassin's start using their new found powers to stop Juno and when it ends they try to keep control of a messed up world and become the very thing they spent centuries trying to oust.

Hans684
08-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Neither of those endings.

RinoTheBouncer
08-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I was reading about how a scientist in earlier 20th century had actually found the cancer cure and he and everyone that worked on the project got wiped out.
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/cancercurethatworked1997.shtml

This too as well. I'm sure those diseases like the Swine Flu and others are engineered so they can get rid of the masses, reduce our numbers and who knows what else?

roostersrule2
08-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Sean William Scott meets Shaun, William and the guy who replaces Desmondo, Scott.

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Age of Enlightenment or The Templars create their New World.

Preordered. Make it happen UBI!

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I think either faction 'winning' wouldn't stay true to the series. Maybe the Assassin's and Templar's do collaborate to stop Juno and when the threat is neutralized it's left ambiguous whether or not they resume fighting--the cycle of life goes on as it always has.

Or Erudito co-operate with the Assassin's and reduce the Templars's to a few scattered factions and the Assassin's start using their new found powers to stop Juno and when it ends they try to keep control of a messed up world and become the very thing they spent centuries trying to oust.

Or TWCB reinstating their control over humans. And Assassins and Templars both wiped out; or severely reduced in strength.

ACfan443
08-06-2013, 03:47 PM
It's Assassin's Creed, there'll be a cliffhanger even in a so called finale.

YRTEP
08-06-2013, 07:43 PM
At the end Ubisoft will make an own video game console - the ANIMUS.

ze_topazio
08-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Juno, the Assassins and the Templars are all engaged in a big fight, a comet falls on Earth, everybody dies.

silvermercy
08-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Juno, the Assassins and the Templars are all engaged in a big fight, a comet falls on Earth, everybody dies.
Dinosaurs rule the world again.

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 08:41 PM
At the end Ubisoft will make an own video game console - the ANIMUS.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!

Dinosaurs rule the world again.

The TRUE Rulers of the Earth!

My ideal ending...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19feWlIQDXE

Sushiglutton
08-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Ha I was the only one who wanted a happy ending :). If it turns out all games were just a dream I think Ubi may get trouble for that from gamers spending hundred of hours lol. Anyway I don't think it will "ever" end. It's like James Bond. May take a few years off every now and the, but the it comes back.

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Ha I was the only one who wanted a happy ending :). If it turns out all games were just a dream I think Ubi may get trouble for that from gamers spending hundred of hours lol. Anyway I don't think it will "ever" end. It's like James Bond. May take a few years off every now and the, but the it comes back.

It was supposed to be a trilogy... :(

But yeah... Ubi would've pretty much stolen our money.

RinoTheBouncer
08-07-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't mind a surprising ending. A VERY surprising one and I won't say "we wasted our money" unless it's a badly done or a stupid conclusion..etc. and that doesn't necessary mean a sad ending. I'd love to see a big twist, maybe waking up in another animus from the very far future or something that will totally get our jaws on the floor.

silvermercy
08-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Or you could wake up in a... Lighthouse... xD

RinoTheBouncer
08-07-2013, 01:21 AM

How about Desmond waking up in those endless plains he slept in on the first night of his escape from The Farm? :P

xryanx28
08-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Adrian Pearce ends up being the head of Erudito and hacks everyone and destroys the world the end

RinoTheBouncer
08-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Maybe the world will end and we discover that all this was some First Civilization's members "visions" in the Eye or some advanced race's way of knowing what came before and that the cycle was never broken.

wigster2012
08-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Although I am a sucker for a happy ending (which is why I voted for one) I must admit I wouldn't mind a mind blowing twist ending.

lothario-da-be
08-07-2013, 07:19 PM
A happy or bad ending would both feel too simple for ac imo, i would like an ending with some twists. The ac franchise ending with the Templars having their new world would be nice, if done well.

ladyleonhart
08-07-2013, 07:35 PM
I would like a happy ending with a mind-blowing twist. :) Then, a happy ending in the historical part, but a twist in the modern day that is surprising and makes you contemplate it. Maybe leaving it open for the future. ^_~

RinoTheBouncer
11-20-2013, 08:05 AM
So now that we have ACIV, have you changed your mind about an AC finale? what do you suggest? new members, vote :)

MnemonicSyntax
11-20-2013, 09:09 AM

Adrian Pearce ends up being the head of Erudito and hacks everyone and destroys the world the end

Jaysus. I love ye both!

AstusOz
11-20-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't see any discernable end in the near future as it seems that Ubisoft will continue milking the franchise until it runs dry. Especially considering they're saying that the modern day aspect is there to now provide context rather than actual plot progression.

Ideally, I'd like a bittersweet ending but more happy than not. There's enough depression and grit in the real world and it's nice to vicariously feel uplifted by a game.

Hostage_Panzer
11-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Dream ending? The world's about to end (again), only way to stop it would be gathering all the pieces of eden in one place, yet some of them are owned by templars, and some by assassins. Some character would try convincing the leaders to unite and use the artifacts together instead of trying to steal the other's side ones. They're still fighting and the world's going to end very soon, suddenly all they realise all the artifacts are gone. The freemasons have taken them, saved the world and destroy both assassins and templars. Or they jst keep on fighting until the end of the world. I'd be satisfied only by a tragical ending or freemasons getting some better role than tunnel diggers.
EDIT-I forgot to mention one thing - Erudito has to be present version of freemasons.

AstusOz
11-20-2013, 05:39 PM
The present version of the Freemasons are busy battling Moloch and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. ;)

Hostage_Panzer
11-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Another idea for ending scene would be you (as the Abstergo employee) being stuck in a hacked Animus during assassin/Freerudito attack on the Abstergo headquarters. Preferably during some happy memory, like a feast to celebrate defeating the enemy. Some screams and shouts hearable from the "real life" people getting murdered by the enemies would be nice too.. After a whikle, they'd realise someone was in the Animus when they hacked it, so they shut it down. The screen would go all black and the credits would begin. In the next AC you'd play as the people who attacked the building. They'd take him with the animus to find out something more about the memories of character you were playing in this game.
Yeah, not to innovative or original, yet it would certainly be unexpected one.

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Dream ending? The world's about to end (again), only way to stop it would be gathering all the pieces of eden in one place, yet some of them are owned by templars, and some by assassins. Some character would try convincing the leaders to unite and use the artifacts together instead of trying to steal the other's side ones. They're still fighting and the world's going to end very soon, suddenly all they realise all the artifacts are gone. The freemasons have taken them, saved the world and destroy both assassins and templars. Or they jst keep on fighting until the end of the world. I'd be satisfied only by a tragical ending or freemasons getting some better role than tunnel diggers.
EDIT-I forgot to mention one thing - Erudito has to be present version of freemasons.

I love the idea. But I’d be happier if they finally unite. I mean it may sound like a typical happy ending, but it would only happen after a lot of sacrifices and heroism from both sides. After all, the First Civ. members who enslaved humanity ended up working with humans to rebuild after Toba.

Hans684
05-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Another idea for ending scene would be you (as the Abstergo employee) being stuck in a hacked Animus during assassin/Freerudito attack on the Abstergo headquarters. Preferably during some happy memory, like a feast to celebrate defeating the enemy. Some screams and shouts hearable from the "real life" people getting murdered by the enemies would be nice too.. After a whikle, they'd realise someone was in the Animus when they hacked it, so they shut it down. The screen would go all black and the credits would begin. In the next AC you'd play as the people who attacked the building. They'd take him with the animus to find out something more about the memories of character you were playing in this game.
Yeah, not to innovative or original, yet it would certainly be unexpected one.

They can do this in a future AC, it's a great idea.

AherasSTRG
05-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Voted for "A Happy Ending". Not because I do want the games to end like that, but because it is proven that the audience does not want a game story to end realistically. They want games to be fairy tales, like the ones mass produced by Hollywood. I have plenty of examples in my mind.
I totally ignored the unexpected thing, because, I believe the philosophy of the writing behind AC has an overall ending which will be cultivated and hinted throughout the games, no matter when this comes.

Locopells
05-12-2014, 05:15 PM
I went for mind blowing, since I miss the WTF?! ending of ACII, but I'd like happy for at least some of the main characters...

Ureh
05-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Let them surprise us! :)

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Voted for "A Happy Ending". Not because I do want the games to end like that, but because it is proven that the audience does not want a game story to end realistically. They want games to be fairy tales, like the ones mass produced by Hollywood. I have plenty of examples in my mind.
I totally ignored the unexpected thing, because, I believe the philosophy of the writing behind AC has an overall ending which will be cultivated and hinted throughout the games, no matter when this comes.

I’d personally go for the WTF ending because I miss it so much, I miss something like ACII and AC:B offered. But I wouldn’t mind a happy ending. If the story was written well and the ending was well directed and matched the story and was something visually, verbally, emotionally and musically stunning, then I don’t think it’s gonna be something reductive. It doesn’t have to be a depressing ending to be good. But I agree that there are a lot of Hollywood happy endings that could’ve been done better or could’ve better been replaced by a WTF moment. I love films with twists. I adore twists.

I went for mind blowing, since I miss the WTF?! ending of ACII, but I'd like happy for at least some of the main characters...

So do I. I miss that so much and there can be a huge twist and a happy ending. Or a happy ending with some post credits scene that makes your jaw drops on the floor.

Shahkulu101
05-12-2014, 05:43 PM
For some reason I always had the vision of Daniel Cross finding Desmond and co. whilst Ezio's Family played in the background. Daniel would kill each of the crew, one by one as the camera moved in slo-mo to show each death in gruesome detail. However, Desmond would live. And out of rage kill Cross. Then there'd be an evil, determined look in his eye - his face bloodied. Then the credits would roll.

Yes, I know it's crap. I think it was a weird dream (nightmare?) that stuck in my mind for some reason.

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2014, 05:47 PM
For some reason I always had the vision of Daniel Cross finding Desmond and co. whilst Ezio's Family played in the background. Daniel would kill each of the crew, one by one as the camera moved in slo-mo to show each death in gruesome detail. However, Desmond would live. And out of rage kill Cross. Then there'd be an evil, determined look in his eye - his face bloodied. Then the credits would roll.

Yes, I know it's crap. I think it was a weird dream (nightmare?) that stuck in my mind for some reason.

Actually this looks ten fold better than the crap we got. I like the idea of Desmond being driven by revenge, like Ezio was and hinting that in the future his personality will change, drastically.

Shahkulu101
05-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Actually this looks ten fold better than the crap we got. I like the idea of Desmond being driven by revenge, like Ezio was and hinting that in the future his personality will change, drastically.

If there's one thing Desmond needed, it was a drastic personality change. The guy was borrrrrringggg...

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2014, 06:10 PM
If there's one thing Desmond needed, it was a drastic personality change. The guy was borrrrrringggg...

Yeah, that’s why I loved that moment. I mean I didn’t have any problems with who he was, but many did and such a moment would’ve been a perfect change.

Hans684
05-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that’s why I loved that moment. I mean I didn’t have any problems with who he was, but many did and such a moment would’ve been a perfect change.

Abstergo could have killed W.M but that IMO is a bad idea since I like him, he's a great character.

Moultonborough
05-12-2014, 08:06 PM
I love the idea. But Id be happier if they finally unite. I mean it may sound like a typical happy ending, but it would only happen after a lot of sacrifices and heroism from both sides. After all, the First Civ. members who enslaved humanity ended up working with humans to rebuild after Toba.

They could unite but I don't see it happening. It just doesn't seem to be Ubi's style. One thing is guaranteed though..... massive mind twist at the end.

Just a bit off topic but why necro a 6 month old thread? lol

GunnerGalactico
05-12-2014, 08:17 PM
I think I rather go for the "happy ending" in the sense where things end off on a high or positive note, not necessarily a "happy ever after ending". I'm not a huge fan of dismal and tragic endings, a lot of tv shows and novels go for those types of endings. Maybe a happy ending with a mind-blowing twist would do it for me.

Hans684
05-12-2014, 08:28 PM
They could unite but I don't see it happening. It just doesn't seem to be Ubi's style. One thing is guaranteed though..... massive mind twist at the end.

Just a bit off topic but why necro a 6 month old thread? lol

It currently is their style, AC Unity and the unknown TWCB member from AC Brahman that said they had to unite to defeat Juno.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2014, 09:37 PM
WTF ending: there's an underwater section between us and TWCB #76, we decide to go through the water but then we remember that we are playing as a flying tablet but now is too late, the screen freezes, the HUD begin to slowly disappear as the water damages the tablet's components, the tablet screen cracks to add a little drama to the scene and the credits start rolling as the image begin to fade out... :p

if we ever get a proper ending, it'll probably end with a cliffhanger implying that the TWCB menace is gone but the Assassin vs Templar war will never end..

RinoTheBouncer
09-20-2014, 03:17 PM
I wanted to see what you guys think of this now that we got AC games after ACIII, but I didn’t wanna create a new thread, so let’s continue the discussion here.

I think I rather go for the "happy ending" in the sense where things end off on a high or positive note, not necessarily a "happy ever after ending". I'm not a huge fan of dismal and tragic endings, a lot of tv shows and novels go for those types of endings. Maybe a happy ending with a mind-blowing twist would do it for me.

I completely agree with you. I mean back then when we mainly got happy endings with previous franchises of movies, games and books, we wanted something darker and more dramatic, but I feel like they’re being overdone nowadays that the general belief is that as long as it’s a happy ending, then it’s generic and cheap and as long as it’s a sad ending, then it’s “deep” and “powerful” an that’s wrong, because people can still have a meaningful story when they’re still alive and happy, having completed a certain quest.

cawatrooper9
09-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Will it ever "end", though. I think the devs have been pretty up front about the idea that the series is meant to be made in story arcs, but that they intend to continue making games for as long as there is an interest.

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2014, 03:55 PM
if we ever get a proper ending, it'll probably end with a cliffhanger implying that the TWCB menace is gone but the Assassin vs Templar war will never end..

my opinion remains the same, and because we'll probably have a lot of games before this happens, when it finally happens it'll certainly be as anti-climatic as AC3's ending was..

JustPlainQuirky
09-20-2014, 03:56 PM
AC never ends.

Sooner expect Pokemon or Mario to end.

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2014, 03:56 PM
AC never ends.

Sooner expect Pokemon or Mario to end.

AC won't end, it'll be put to rest before that happens.. :p

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 04:27 PM
In a Universe when mofo's die in dark rooms alone.
Getting stabbed in the middle of the night in front of your child.
Getting Shot in the Face by your "brothers".
Betrayed by those you called "Brother."
Losing Everything you worked to protect.
Or Sacrificing yourself for a world that doesn't give a **** about you.

Yeah, I doubt there will be "Happy Endings" in AC because this ISN'T a fairlytale.

Ezio was kinda the one to break that line, but whatever.

Point is, AC won't ever end.

Assassins and Templars fight until the end of time.

RinoTheBouncer
09-20-2014, 04:29 PM
In a Universe when mofo's die in dark rooms alone.
Getting stabbed in the middle of the night in front of your child.
Getting Shot in the Face by your "brothers".
Betrayed by those you called "Brother."
Losing Everything you worked to protect.
Or Sacrificing yourself for a world that doesn't give a **** about you.

Yeah, I doubt there will be "Happy Endings" in AC because this ISN'T a fairlytale.

Ezio was kinda the one to break that line, but whatever.

Point is, AC won't ever end.

Assassins and Templars fight until the end of time.

But do you think there will be like AC20? I guess you mean that the conflict will never end, but not the games. I do agree that there are no happy endings in a world this cruel and unfair, so I think if they ever wanted to end the franchise or halt it indefinitely, they should go for a twist ending rather than a sad one.

Hans684
09-20-2014, 04:41 PM
But do you think there will be like AC20? I guess you mean that the conflict will never end, but not the games. I do agree that there are no happy endings in a world this cruel and unfair, so I think if they ever wanted to end the franchise or halt it indefinitely, they should go for a twist ending rather than a sad one.

AC is like the cops trying to stop drug dealers, it won't end. So technically this series can go one forever since the A v T war is never ending. So if there is a last game, it technically won't end the battle itself. We just won't get more story then.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 05:06 PM

If there ever was an ending, it would have to be some BS like the Assassins and Templars make peace, or the First Civ comes back with a Vengeance and takes back the world. Regarding the length, who knows? Is there ever an end? How many Shay's and Connor's are born from this conflict?

It's kinda what Ezio said: "Where does one fight stop, and the other begin?"

Fatal-Feit
09-20-2014, 05:11 PM
AC is like the cops trying to stop drug dealers, it won't end. So technically this series can go one forever since the A v T war is never ending. So if there is a last game, it technically won't end the battle itself. We just won't get more story then.

This, pretty much.

You can't kill philosophy. Even if the Templars exterminate all of the Assassins or vice versa, someone will always take up the mantle.

------------------

If the series were to stop, it would end with the defeat of Minerva/First Civ. The Assassins and Templars, however, will continue to fight.

Hans684
09-20-2014, 05:12 PM
If there ever was an ending, it would have to be some BS like the Assassins and Templars make peace, or the First Civ comes back with a Vengeance and takes back the world. Regarding the length, who knows? Is there ever an end? How many Shay's and Connor's are born from this conflict?

It's kinda what Ezio said: "Where does one fight stop, and the other begin?"

Or it's just an ending of the last arc. It doesn't need to be peace, First Civ, happy ending(it won't happen either way). Just an ending, it's a never ending battle. The last game won't end it.

This, pretty much.

You can't kill philosophy. Even if the Templars exterminate all of the Assassins or vice versa, someone will always take up the mantle.

AC should change it's name to Phoenix(or something like that).

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 05:16 PM
This, pretty much.

------------------

If the series were to stop, it would end with the defeat of Minerva/First Civ. The Assassins and Templars, however, will continue to fight.

^ This. Connor and Shay are perhaps the best examples of what happens when one order becomes too dominant...people like them come along.

RinoTheBouncer
09-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Well maybe the ending can literally end the battle between them not by making peace but by having to face one great danger that forces them to unite, leaving clues that the fight might someday pick up where it left off or perhaps dividing the world between them maybe? or better, their conflicts ends up destroying the whole world, pretty much like the First Civ. times. They were too busy fighting humans than focusing on whats really at stake and the world ended.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
@Rino

Then Erudito & Initiates start their own War...

But I agree, I personally Juno's gonna get so dangerous, that they're forced to work together. Or perhaps they do end up f***ing up the world as you said.

RinoTheBouncer
09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
@Rino

But I agree, I personally Juno's gonna get so dangerous, that they're forced to work together. Or perhaps they do end up f***ing up the world as you said.

I just wish that Juno does f*ck things up instead of just being deleted and replaced with the whole Animus as a game console, crap.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 07:38 PM
I just wish that Juno does f*ck things up instead of just being deleted and replaced with the whole Animus as a game console, crap.

You know after AC3's Ending, I was expecting Juno to at least be taking over causing Natural Disasters or sending a MASSIVE message to the world about her siege. Something!

But like you, I hope she just doesn't turn into a fodder villian that gets "deleted" or some other BS.

I personally would love for her to return as the MD Asssassins make their comeback against the Templars.

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 08:01 PM
You know after AC3's Ending, I was expecting Juno to at least be taking over causing Natural Disasters or sending a MASSIVE message to the world about her siege. Something!

But like you, I hope she just doesn't turn into a fodder villian that gets "deleted" or some other BS.

I personally would love for her to return as the MD Asssassins make their comeback against the Templars.

That's what I was kinda thinking as well. I also thought after Desmond's death that William, Shaun and Rebecca were going to seek assistance from the rest of the MD Assassins or find a suitable replacement to access the animus.

Shahkulu101
09-20-2014, 08:17 PM
One thing is for sure.

It'll go out with a whimper. Maybe when AC26 or something fails to sell 100,000 copies...

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 08:17 PM
That's what I was kinda thinking as well. I also thought after Desmond's death that William, Shaun and Rebecca were going to seek assistance from the rest of the MD Assassins or find a suitable replacement to access the animus.

Aren't they kinda doing that on Initiates with Galina?

Hans684
09-20-2014, 08:22 PM
@Rino

Erudito is just nutjobs and Iniitiates has Assassin support, it's an easy battle. When thinking about it, isn't Erudito an innocent group that started a campaign against Abstergo? So the Assassins can't kill them even at war. Unless they break their own creed.

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Aren't they kinda doing that on Initiates with Galina?

Well, that is only on Initiates. I was talking about the actual game. When I said a suitable replacement for Desmond, I meant like someone who was perhaps related to him like Clay Kazmarek. That kinda debunks my theory now because Abstergo can still access a subject's memory via their DNA samples. I'm hoping that the MD Assassins regroup and find a way to stop the Templars as you had mentioned earlier.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Erudito is just nutjobs and Iniitiates has Assassin support, it's an easy battle. When thinking about it, isn't Erudito an innocent group that started a campaign against Abstergo? So the Assassins can't kill them even at war. Unless they break their own creed.

Are Erudito actually Assassins just because they fight against Abstergo ( Templars)? No...just another group born from the war.

And I think it's BS that Initiates are siding with the Assassins. Aren't they supposed to be neutral? Maybe Erudito is against that?

One believes in watching through inaction.
The other believes in watching but acting.

That sounds like something to start a war. Probably not like the Assassins and Templars, but still a war nonetheless.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Well, that is only on Initiates. I was talking about the actual game. When I said a suitable replacement for Desmond, I meant like someone who was perhaps related to him like Clay Kazmarek. That kinda debunks my theory now because Abstergo can still access a subject's memory via their DNA samples. I'm hoping that the MD Assassins regroup and find a way to stop the Templars as you had mentioned earlier.

Desmond doesn't have any Cousins or unknown children?

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Desmond doesn't have any Cousins or unknown children?

Clay Kaczmarek was a distant relative of Desmond, saw that on wiki.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Clay Kazmarek was a distant relative of Desmond, saw that on wiki.

I know Clay has a connection with Altair & Ezio like Desmond, but what about The Kenways?

I've always wondered about that...does it just stop there for him?

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2014, 08:52 PM

IMO S16's message in ACB had all the hints necessary to find someone to replace Desmond, but Ubisoft had the marvelous idea of disregard everything he said by saying he was just a crazy dude confused by the bleeding effect side effects...

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 08:54 PM
I know Clay has a connection with Altair & Ezio like Desmond, but what about The Kenways?

I've always wondered about that...does it just stop there for him?

Nah, just Altair and Ezio. I'm not exactly sure about the Kenways, though. William recruited him to the Assassins. I don't think they were aware that they were ever related at all.

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 09:00 PM
IMO S16's message in ACB had all the hints necessary to find someone to replace Desmond, but Ubisoft had the marvelous idea of disregard everything he said by saying he was just a crazy dude confused by the bleeding effect side effects...

Perhaps they were taking the MD part of the game to a new direction. Maybe they intended to have someone else to succeed Desmond but decided to do something different because a lot of people don't really care about the MD bits.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Nah, just Altair and Ezio. I'm not exactly sure about the Kenways, though. William recruited him to the Assassins. I don't think they were aware that they were ever related at all.

Hmm...that's strange. Well if Desmond has many lines, why not Clay? But on topic, maybe....i don't know. :(

The only candidate that comes Close is Galina. But she's not related to Desmond, unless Ubi pulls some BS plothole. :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Hmm...that's strange. Well if Desmond has many lines, why not Clay? But on topic, maybe....i don't know. :(

The only candidate that comes Close is Galina. But she's not related to Desmond, unless Ubi pulls some BS plothole. :rolleyes:

I don't think they might do that, Galina's memories are exclusively for Initiates (I could be wrong, though). I think only after playing Unity, we might get to understand what the Helix is all about and how it works... maybe then we will know what the MD might be like.

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Perhaps they were taking the MD part of the game to a new direction. Maybe they intended to have someone else to succeed Desmond but decided to do something different because a lot of people don't really care about the MD bits.

if the current MD state is a direct result of people's indifference to it (what IMO is the case because I don't buy that excuse that they don't have time to write a proper story when they have enough people to release two games at the same year) then IMO they should completely remove it instead of pretend they're doing a favor to those who enjoy it because IMO they aren't.

and this is coming from someone who used to love the MD sequences as they were until AC2.

Hans684
09-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Are Erudito actually Assassins just because they fight against Abstergo ( Templars)? No...just another group born from the war.

True but it doesn't change the fact that their innocent, just because they know of the war and a group born from the war doesn't change it.

And I think it's BS that Initiates are siding with the Assassins. Aren't they supposed to be neutral? Maybe Erudito is against that?

Based on the fact that Shaun gave Initiates a message about them finding out about what they do and asked them to Unite, I'd say it's far from BS. Gavin's team has two Initiates members that they managed to find after that they gave the message. What would the Assassins do with the two if Initiates says no, kill them for knowing to much or trow them out of the war?

One believes in watching through inaction.
The other believes in watching but acting.

One is a group of nutjobs that even the Assassins keep track of(confirmed during William's interrogation with one of Gavin's crew), so their pretty much innocent.
One group was hidden so well that the Assassins didn't find out about them until last year, so they asked them to unite.

That sounds like something to start a war. Probably not like the Assassins and Templars, but still a war nonetheless.

True it would be a war nonetheless but agains innocent amature(compared to Initiates) group of nutjobs that like the Assassins are fighting Abstergo but without Assassin support(unlike Initiates). Not to mention that Initiates is natural regarding the Assassin/Templar war, so having them hindering Erudito from reviling dirty Templars within Abstergo would go against their goal.

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 09:23 PM
if the current MD state is a direct result of people's indifference to it (what IMO is the case because I don't buy that excuse that they don't have time to write a proper story when they have enough people to release two games at the same year) then IMO they should completely remove it instead of pretend they're doing a favor to those who enjoy it because IMO they aren't.

and this is coming from someone who used to love the MD sequences as they were until AC2.

IMO, people complained about the MD because they felt it too intrusive while they were living the ancestor's memories and it broke the momentum of the actual plot. The MD was at it's all time worst in AC3 and that's what pretty much sealed it's fate.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 09:24 PM
@Hans

Well we don't know...anything can happen

Anything can change.

I think we both have points...

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 09:29 PM
IMO, people complained about the MD because they felt it too intrusive while they were living the ancestor's memories. The MD was at it's all time worst in AC3 and that's what pretty much sealed it's fate.

I disagree...although the ending wasn't the best, I did enjoy some of the missions in MD. It was refreshing as it wasn't just the same format of: Get in Animus> Live in Ancestor for 3-4 sequences> Leave> Told to get back in for another couple sequences.

It was Boring IMO...at least they let us had freedom outside the Animus doing actual Assassin stuff for Desmond.

GunnerGalactico
09-20-2014, 09:37 PM
I disagree...although the ending wasn't the best, I did enjoy some of the missions in MD. It was refreshing as it wasn't just the same format of: Get in Animus> Live in Ancestor for 3-4 sequences> Leave> Told to get back in for another couple sequences.

It was Boring IMO...at least they let us had freedom outside the Animus doing actual Assassin stuff for Desmond.

Only a handful of missions like free-running on tall buildings, parachuting and the whole sequence in Brazil were exciting to me. The whole searching energy powered cubes to place in slots and talking to Juno was getting a bit tiresome to me. As far as the ending is concerned, I didn't feel any tension or feels. When Desmond sacrificed himself, I wasn't exactly in a state of shock. If the scene was a bit sombre, I would've have felt the whole "things were not going to be the same again" feeling ;)

dxsxhxcx
09-20-2014, 10:07 PM

the main problem with AC3's missions IMO was exactly that, they gave us too much freedom, it tried to replicate the experience we have with the historical times and IMHO it shouldn't do that because it simply won't work, the core pillars weren't build with a modern setting in mind, I wouldn't mind some heavily scripted sequences during the modern days if that is what it takes to have a better narrative and atmospheric experience.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 10:18 PM
the main problem with AC3's missions IMO was exactly that, they gave us too much freedom, it tried to replicate the experience we have with the historical times and IMHO it shouldn't do that because it simply won't work, the core pillars weren't build with a modern setting in mind, I wouldn't mind some heavily scripted sequences during the modern days if that is what it takes to have a better narrative and atmospheric experience.

What you're saying would hold true if it wasn't for the annual releases. I personally didn't think it give me to much freedom, if anything, it made myself/ Desmond feel more involved with the overall plot than said character telling Desmond to go to point A to Point B or back to the Animus.

Sure, the change was different, but I liked it.

And I agree about your last statement, I'd take anything to make the MD more relevant and stuff.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Only a handful of missions like free-running on tall buildings, parachuting and the whole sequence in Brazil were exciting to me. The whole searching energy powered cubes to place in slots and talking to Juno was getting a bit tiresome to me. As far as the ending is concerned, I didn't feel any tension or feels. When Desmond sacrificed himself, I wasn't exactly in a state of shock. If the scene was a bit sombre, I would've have felt the whole "things were not going to be the same again" feeling ;)

I agree about the Slots and Juno, they just dragged on Foooorreevveerrr.

And I regarding the ending, I'm about 50/50 about it. I think it's ONLY problem like I mentioned before, was just it's execution and lack of strong dialogue...instead of Desmond saying something epic or heartfelt, we got Juno & Minerva rambling on and Desmond basically touching an Orb...just no emotion.

RinoTheBouncer
09-20-2014, 11:10 PM

Yeah I was hoping for something like this:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/201/d/5/assassin_s_creed__enslaved_again_by_darthdestrukto r-d6eaosr.png

Now how epic would such a scene be?

DumbGamerTag94
09-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Plot twist. The series ends with Desmond waking up realizing he was just having a bad drug induced dream. Then goes back to work tending bar

RinoTheBouncer
09-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Plot twist. The series ends with Desmond waking up realizing he was just having a bad drug induced dream. Then goes back to work tending bar

Plot twist: waking up in 75,000BC, realizing that all this is just one possibility that Minerva’s viewing through The Eye device and non of this has even happened.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Yeah I was hoping for something like this:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/201/d/5/assassin_s_creed__enslaved_again_by_darthdestrukto r-d6eaosr.png

Now how epic would such a scene be?

Agreed... I have that Picture actually. SO EPIC!

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Plot Twist: It's the year 2135 and someone else is viewing through the Helix to prepare for battle as they look at some barren landscape that Juno created.

RinoTheBouncer
09-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Agreed... I have that Picture actually. SO EPIC!

Just imagine her appearing on every screen in Time Square and around the world, delivering a multi-lingual speech that is very similar to Winston Churchill’s ‘Be Ye Men of Valor’, the first broadcast as prime minister. Man, that would be EPIC!

Plot Twist: It's the year 2135 and someone else is viewing through the Helix to prepare for battle as they look at some barren landscape that Juno created.

I’ve ALWAYS wished this would happen by the end of ACIII.

Namikaze_17
09-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Just imagine her appearing on every screen in Time Square and around the world, delivering a multi-lingual speech that is very similar to Winston Churchill’s ‘Be Ye Men of Valor’, the first broadcast as prime minister. Man, that would be EPIC!

I’ve ALWAYS wished this would happen by the end of ACIII.

I always thought Desmond was being looked at while he was looking through his ancestors...something like Inception. And I really got that theory after Des fell from touching the Orb as a static screen starting appearing as if someone was watching him from a First person view.

Ah, yes...They could show a family watching Tv to a group of buddies watching a sports game and see Juno come out of nowhere and tell them stuff they don't understand. Then finally saying that they
( Humanity) are under a new direction or something.

Locopells
09-21-2014, 12:15 AM

Erudito got captured and absorbed by Abstergo, if memory serves...

Namikaze_17
09-21-2014, 12:23 AM

When was that?

RA503
09-21-2014, 04:40 AM
AC as to end with a big catarsis and revelation about the universe, not a conclusion,video games are moved by misteries and the discover of it, is not such thing than a series ending with marriage and childrem like a soap opera(harry potter fans knows that).

is because of this that AC 2 ending is the better, the final reward of exploring the renaissence is the discover of TWCB.existence...

Hans684
09-21-2014, 09:46 AM

When did that happen?

Locopells
09-21-2014, 12:04 PM
It was on AC Initiates, I forget the precise date.

king-hailz
09-21-2014, 02:16 PM
There will be many endings to the series, the end of AC3 is proof of that, that was a twist, we are now at a new beginning and this might finish in 3 more games, I highly doubt this franchise will finish... it will just carry on and there will be many different endings along the way! So for this era's ending i choose a devastating ending since we have already had many twists!

Shahkulu101
09-21-2014, 04:36 PM
At the end of this particular arc, I want to die.

So that I may never have to play as myself ever again.

RinoTheBouncer
09-21-2014, 11:18 PM
At the end of this particular arc, I want to die.

So that I may never have to play as myself ever again.

I agree with you here like I never agreed with anyone before, haha!

Namikaze_17
09-21-2014, 11:21 PM
I want myself to be a Traitor and end up getting stabbed by Galina.
:rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 12:29 AM
It'd be cool if we died at the end of every sequel. I'd love to see them pull a MW moment on us.

roostersrule2
09-22-2014, 12:53 AM
They should end it by creating a spin-off.

Desmond comes back as a cyborg and kills half of Amsterdam before tearing Juno's head off, he then flies away to Africa and Desmond's Creed begins.

rsa54
09-22-2014, 04:09 AM

If a new big franchise pops up then there's a good chance that will happen. But the thing about POP was that it didn't have an overall story. Instead, each game had its own separate story (as far as I know). So sure, halting the development of new POP games didn't make POP fans happy, but it didn't affect the story because there wasn't really a story that connected all the games.

With AC on the other hand, even though the Modern day story (which is the only real story part of the game IMO) has been neglected, halting the production of AC titles will halt the story. It will leave people who are into the story hanging, waiting, for who knows how long, for a new installment .

So in relation to the story of the game, POP players were probably not affected by the discontinuation of POP games as much as AC fans would be by the discontinuation of AC games.

I am an ardent fan of Sands of Time (The best game I've ever played) and of the AC series. And if it wasn't already apparent, what appeals to me about AC is the modern day story and its connection to the historical parts.

- so IMO, if they do away with the modern day story, then alot of people will just stop playing AC, myself included. This will happen because some people play the game to find out what happens in the modern day.

LIke I remember when I played ac1, I was put into this myserious world where I was this guy put in some machine called the "animus". I had no idea why I was in the machine, and even though the game's characters told me why, I didn't know if I could trust them. So I played the game to find answers to those questions. This continued with AC2 and ACB. It started to get weaker around revelations and was nonexistent afterwards. This is what drove me to play the game. Without it, playinng the game would just consist of playing as some character killing people in various historical settings. It would be meaningless.

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 04:36 AM
This is what drove me to play the game. Without it, playinng the game would just consist of playing as some character killing people in various historical settings. It would be meaningless.

Welcome to the forums!

--------------------

I can't possibly understand how the redundant drama of the modern day outweighs the merits and stories of the ancestors for some people. It was never good material, IMO. It have always been a journey that never full-filled peoples' hopes and dreams.

Namikaze_17
09-22-2014, 05:06 AM
It's like what Desmond in his messages to his Dad...

MD is like a book, it's up to us to keep turning the pages.

Right now, we're at the low-point of the book with no excitement/ Anticipation put into it.