PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Gameplay along with interview

ProletariatPleb
08-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Today is a very good day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6YL9p-TuCY

Thanks to the guy who linked it in the other thread...

ACfan443
08-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Ohmagerd stahp ubi, you're spoiling us!

prince162010
08-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Oh my Gashhhhh < amazing gameeeeeee

luckyto
08-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Awesome Day!!!!

Aphex_Tim
08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
In FC3, I once killed a shark by accidentally driving my boat over it...
I wonder if it'll be possible in AC4 to hunt sharks by piloting the Jackdaw over them. :p

ArabianFrost
08-05-2013, 06:34 PM
I don't want to be the guy that poops on your parade, but it doesn't look like it adds much. It honestly doesn't look like something I'd be interested to play. Seems like just non-interactive 3D environment with floating mechanics, not much to it. Sharks may add a bit zest, but eeehh, not so interesting. Singapore has come up with naval. I expected more from them.

dex3108
08-05-2013, 06:35 PM
More!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf1vEfy5oNo

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Is today my birthday?

egriffin09
08-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I appreciate Ubi for sharing so much of AC4 up to this point, but II think I'm going dark until the game comes out. They've shown alot of AC4 already. And they still have gamescom demo and interviews..yeah, I'm calling it quits until release.

pirate1802
08-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I appreciate Ubi for sharing so much of AC4 up to this point, but II think I'm going dark until the game comes out. They've shown alot of AC4 already. And they still have gamescom demo and interviews..yeah, I'm calling it quits until release.

May the Father of Understanding be with you...

DisbandedBox359
08-05-2013, 08:12 PM
3 new gameplay videos in less than 24 hours, we are spoiled :)

White24Room
08-05-2013, 08:14 PM
I want the havana demo :(

Elebro2011
08-05-2013, 08:15 PM
May the Father of Understanding be with you...

Guide you*

Soulid_Snake
08-05-2013, 08:28 PM
I want the havana demo :(

Same here, it's gonna either make it or brake it for me! Looking at it, what I've seen so far, something tells me the city is gonna be as sucky as Brotherhood.

x___Luffy___x
08-05-2013, 10:08 PM
underwater gameplay is looking awesome :D harpooning does nt look that great...

LoyalACFan
08-05-2013, 10:28 PM
underwater gameplay is looking awesome :D harpooning does nt look that great...

This, I actually thought harpooning would be awesome but underwater would be meh. My expectations have now been reversed. Underwater gameplay looks like it'll actually be kinda awesome, while harpooning... eh, the jury's still out.

scooper121s
08-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Party time!!!!

Jexx21
08-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I wonder if underwater gameplay will be explored more in another game.. Like how Black Flag explored the naval stuff a lot more.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I wonder if underwater gameplay will be explored more in another game.. Like how Black Flag explored the naval stuff a lot more.

Assassin's Creed V: Atlantis

Jexx21
08-05-2013, 10:51 PM
I would actually embrace that, to be honest.

Sigv4rd
08-06-2013, 01:50 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzw2sqzDv51qfd1oq.jpg
Concept art has already been released!

Sigv4rd
08-06-2013, 01:51 AM

Safety and Peace friend...

AnthonyA85
08-06-2013, 02:45 AM
I gotta say, I'm liking the look of this underwater thing, the sharks are certainly gonna add some risk to it. I'm wondering if we'll see other pirates we're not affiliated with trying to loot the same wrecks, only to get snagged by the fish.

And I'm liking the look of the navel aspect a lot more than I did in AC3, sure, in AC3 it was cool (and I actually enjoy it), but since it's not free-roaming, it's not as enjoyable as it could be, nice to see AC4 fixes that.

Someone mentioned 3 videos released, but i've only seen these two? What else have they let out?

Megas_Doux
08-06-2013, 04:24 AM
Nice!!!!
Sid, you are liking this game arent you?

ProletariatPleb
08-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Nice!!!!
Sid, you are liking this game arent you?
Well extra stuff is all fine and dandy....but not if it comes at the cost of the main thing. So we'll see....

Megas_Doux
08-06-2013, 05:35 AM
i want the havana demo :(

this!!!!!

ladyleonhart
08-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I love the look of the underwater gameplay so far!! :D Then, I just hope there is enough of it.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2013, 10:32 AM
So we can only access caves in the underwater sequences? Or just the ones you need to dive under to get to? I don't want caves to be icons on the map--I'd like to explore and find them myself.

Underwater looks good. Pretty aesthetics and extra special plunder! I am compelled to find out if we can kill sharks underwater though.

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 10:47 AM
So we can only access caves in the underwater sequences? Or just the ones you need to dive under to get to? I don't want caves to be icons on the map--I'd like to explore and find them myself.

Underwater looks good. Pretty aesthetics and extra special plunder! I am compelled to find out if we can kill sharks underwater though.

Some caves have underground openings. I think that's what the person meant. You can go underwater, go into the cave through the backdoor and come out front.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Some caves have underground openings. I think that's what the person meant. You can go underwater, go into the cave through the backdoor and come out front.

Yeah I thought so. There's probably going to be other caves to explore on land. So much plunder!
I may actually be overwhelmed with it all though, seriously.

ladyleonhart
08-06-2013, 11:01 AM

I really would like to find the caves myself too.

As for sharks, Edward must have some sort of defensive tactic underwater. Also, I don't think I will enjoy the harpooning above the water. -_- Then since we have to hunt sharks for crafting, I really hope we have the choice as I would definitely prefer to fight the sharks underwater. :)

Yeah I thought so. There's probably going to be other caves to explore on land. So much plunder!
I may actually be overwhelmed with it all though, seriously.

Do you guys mean that there will be caves on land, which allow you to dive underwater too...? If so, I really hope so. Then it'll be kind of like the original TR, and also like in AC: Liberation!! :D

Shahkulu101
08-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I really would like to find the caves myself too.

As for sharks, Edward must have some sort of defensive tactic underwater. Also, I don't think I will enjoy the harpooning above the water. -_- Then since we have to hunt sharks for crafting, I really hope we have the choice as I would definitely prefer to fight the sharks underwater. :)

Do you guys mean that there will be caves on land, which allow you to dive underwater too...? If so, I really hope so. Then it'll be kind of like the original TR, and also like in AC: Liberation!! :D

Yeah harpooning seems like more of a tool to find the necessary crafting materials than a lot of fun unfortunately :/

If there are caves on land I'm not sure if you could dive underwater or not...would be great though.

ladyleonhart
08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Yeah harpooning seems like more of a tool to find the necessary crafting materials than a lot of fun unfortunately :/

If there are caves on land I'm not sure if you could dive underwater or not...would be great though.

Well, in AC: Liberation, Aveline explores caves on land which require you to dive underwater. Then you get more air by using air pockets like in Tomb Raider. She also had a breathing bar like that too, as an indicator to show you that you're running out of air. The point of these underwater segments was to explore the cave network and reach other areas if there was an obstacle preventing you from getting through on land. So it could be another useful way to explore and find treasure or other significant objects. :D

ACfan443
08-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Same here, it's gonna either make it or brake it for me! Looking at it, what I've seen so far, something tells me the city is gonna be as sucky as Brotherhood.

Why?