PDA

View Full Version : New Card Creation Step 3: Submit abilities!

Aza404
08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Dear Champions,

Last week you voted for your favorite artwork out of the 4 that we suggested to you, and the votes are in!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/user.card.07.2013/beastman.jpg

The Beastman artwork was clearly at the top of the polls!

Now it's time to submit your ideas for some SPECIAL ABILITIES for the Beastman! After that, the Dev Team will gather the best abilities, and you will vote for your favorite one!
Post them here, on this forum thread ;)

Enjoy,
Aza and the DoC Team

Misoall
08-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Like Daniel Said "When Beastman enters the Battleground, Removes all bugs "

Clementx
08-05-2013, 03:14 PM
When Beastman enters the Battleground, opponent cannot play fortunes until the start of your next turn.

DanielKurzempa
When Beastmen enters the battleground, remove all bugs

El_Bokutal
Last time I checked, the catapult was first and I would have suggest area blast for it.

This one's artwork make me think of movement and quickness.
A spearman doieng some kind of guerilla or harassing the ennemy's flanks.

So, I'd go for SWIFT and CRIPPLE if it's granted enough points for it.

M0rw47h
08-05-2013, 03:18 PM
randomname 2 (When an opponent plays a Spell or Fortune, this creature gains 2 Enrage counters...)

GustavXIII
08-05-2013, 03:25 PM
@El_Bokutal

I think they counted in all votes, that means from facebook as well. But as far as i know the catapult was in the lead her eon the forums.
And i also had many ideas for the catapult

Regarding Beastman, my first idea was Swift. The artwork gives you that kind of feeling. But i woulndt agree with crippling, i think it doesnt fit the theme and flavour. Crippling is more for the necropolis faction. As far as Swift for this creature goes, i dont know which stats it will have in the future. I would watch out that it doesnt seem more or less like Blackskull Centaur Archer..

My first vote oes to Swift. The second one, charge, the long harpune you know :D but dont know if you could balance this ability on a shooter.

Nillicomes
08-05-2013, 03:31 PM
The Beastman.. hmm... he can either give damage to creatures as usual or give 1 damage to the enemy hero no matter if there is a creature in front of him.

Give him quick attack too. That suits him.

zenithale
08-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Bloodthirst 1 + When Beastman enters the Battleground, deal 1 damage to target enemy creature.

dimakain
08-05-2013, 03:54 PM
At first I thought it would be good to give Beastman Quick attacks ... but then I remembered that I do not like the PAO in each deck.
Therefore, I propose several new options:
• When Beastman comes into play Target creature gets X damage (depending on the cost Beastman)
• When Beastman comes into play Target creature gets Berserk
• When Beastman comes into play Target creature can not attack until next turn
• When Beastman comes into play Target creature gets Immune to retaliation until the next turn
• When Beastman comes into play Target creature gets +1/+1 until the next turn

Jarrman
08-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Although it would be nice to see a shooter with Quick Attack it might be bad for game balance. You all know how it is annoying to deal with 4x Paos or 4x Decay Spitters. Introducing another creature of such type would certainly make things worse / more complicated / less fun, the kind of stuff we should avoid.

When Beastman enters the Battleground, deal 1 damage to target enemy creature.
This. Nice and simple.

Adderdin
08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
How about 4 attack. 0 retaliate and 2 hp.

Shmuck Assasin (beastman as a name sucks, this name is far better)
Shooter, Immune to retalitation

Requires 2 might costs 2 resources.

Make it an epic card so people will need to buy tons of your new expansion packs to get 4 of those...

Jarrman
08-05-2013, 04:09 PM
How about 4 attack. 0 retaliate and 2 hp.

Shmuck Assasin (beastman as a name sucks, this name is far better)
Shooter, Immune to retalitation

Requires 2 might costs 2 resources.

How about NO? It would be exactly like DA but without any downside whatsoever.

Adderdin
08-05-2013, 04:33 PM
How about NO? It would be exactly like DA but without any downside whatsoever.

read again, this time read again trying to find the funny parts in the text, try reading the text you did not quote.
If you still dont get it, go buy yourself a sense of humor...

Jarrman
08-05-2013, 04:51 PM
read again, this time read again trying to find the funny parts in the text, try reading the text you did not quote.
If you still dont get it, go buy yourself a sense of humor...

Sorry, but your funny parts are borderline silly. Try better next time.

thanosp81
08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Immune to spell or fortunes (from both sides).
Each time enemy player uses a spell or fortune card gains +1 attack/retaliation.

Or

Choose spell or fortune card, each time enemy player plays that card destroy it and all copies on deck (without the card effect taking place).

seariously
08-05-2013, 05:19 PM
• When Beastman comes into play deal 1 damage to target creature.
• When Beastman comes into play deal X damage to target creature. X = number of creature your opponent controls minus the number of creatures you control.
• When Beastman comes into play draw cards equal to the amount of creatures that was removed from the battlefield this turn.
• When Beastman comes into play Target creature gets -1/-1 until the next turn

• No creatures can be placed onto the melee section in the row that Beastman occupies.

Padu11
08-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Make him melee shooter, with Immune to retaliation, and attack enemy creatures in the back line but no charge.

Being a neutral creature melee with immune to retaliation should cost like a neutral flyer. But having the ability to shoot in the back line, decrease his stats with 1. So if it cost 3 resource I recommend to be 2/0/4 (comparing with wild griffin), it fits to his description, an offensive creature. If cost 4 resource should be 3/1/5 (comparing with lesser air elemental).

ultrabear
08-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Beastman's attack and attack damage cannot be reduced.

bad-chick
08-05-2013, 05:30 PM
How about something new like: causes open wound to enemy creature upon attack. Open wound: enemy creature bleeds for x amount of hp when it moves or attacks.
or another idea would be to give it a built-in fiery, increasing it's damage amount by 1 for each successfull attack.

mudster1980
08-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Anubis Javelin
Cost 4
Attack 4
Retaliate 0
Health 4
Hurl 2: Instead of attacking, Anubis Javelin deals 2 damage to all enemy creatures in one row.

The2ndAct
08-05-2013, 05:41 PM
He looks numble. How about "Dodge 1." When he's attacked and a space adjacent to him is open he can move to that space and avoid the attack. But he can only do it once.

Marw37
08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
When Beastman enter the battlegroung, he summon 2 shooters in adjacent creatures if it is posible with Attack 3 Retaliation 0 Health 1

Beastman:
Cost: 4
Attack: 2
Retaliation: 0
Health: 4
and If Beastman dies automaticly kills other two summoned creatures
and Immune to retaliation

ssslock
08-05-2013, 05:54 PM
May attack a wounded enemy creature after move.

Inspired by the art.
Not very powerful but I believe it will be suitable for some kind of decks.

Detect503
08-05-2013, 06:00 PM
In my Opinion, This card have 2 abilities
- Immune to Retaliation
- Crippling 1
^_^

thanosp81
08-05-2013, 06:03 PM
May attack a wounded enemy creature after move.

Inspired by the art.
Not very powerful but I believe it will be suitable for some kind of decks.

That is a cool idea, but what about: When an enemy creature is dealt damage Beastman can also attack that creature (wherever the location)

Dannyd137
08-05-2013, 06:13 PM
either:
1.) quick attack and infect 1 ( no more than 2 dmg);
2.) swift and infect 2 ( no more than 2 dmg);
Give everybody a taste of Necro power ;)

Heroesfan123
08-05-2013, 06:15 PM
I'd go with: Each time Gnoll Marauder receives damage(from any source) increase his attack and defense by 1 each. (Ofc it's a shooter, so no enemy retal)

Cool, interesting, new, yet not game-changingly powerful

Jarrman
08-05-2013, 06:25 PM
That is a cool idea, but what about: When an enemy creature is dealt damage Beastman can also attack that creature (wherever the location)
That marked creature can be easily attacked >2 times during a turn, resulting in its quick and miserable death.

Tresio
08-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I like the idea that's been circulating so far, where Beastman deals 1 damage to any creature when entering play. This simulates the use of the spear (use it once and lose it), and also allows multiple strategies if applied as a Stronghold creature (killing off 1 HP friendly creature to increase Enrage elsewhere, etc.).

Here's one idea:
Jackal Spearman
Creature - Melee (think about it: once he loses his spear...)
Cost: 3
Attack: 2
HP: 3
Initial Strike 1: When entering play, this creature deals 1 damage to any other creature.

Another option would be give Stronghold something currently missing from its arsenal, a 2-cost creature with Enrage:

Jackal Spearman
Creature - Melee
Cost: 2
Attack: 1
HP: 3
Enrage 1

And here's an idea for a buffed version of this creature (think Dreamwalker --> Dreamreaver, etc.). Designed to be somewhat parallel to Decay Spitters:

Jackal Lieutenant
Creature - Melee
Cost: 5
Attack: 3
HP: 4
Initial Strike 2: When entering play, this creature deals 2 damage to any other creature.
Immune to Retaliation

HeroXin
08-05-2013, 06:38 PM
jackal furyspear(epic)

neutral

cost 3

attack:1

Rataliation:0

Hp:1

dark ward

cant be target of spell

counterstrike:every creature enter in game take 1 damage

simple counter to pao spammer decks and rush decks

Kul-Rath
08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
2 idea's

Piercing
When attacking, this creature deals X damage to the enemy Hero (in addition to its regular attack damage).

The javelin/spear it carries just makes me think it would pierce through enemies.

Rebirth
When this creature is killed, search your library for a creature with the same name and put it in your hand.
Until the end of the turn, this creature costs X less to play. Shuffle your library.

The art kinda reminds me of Anubis (Egyptian God of Death), explaining the Rebirth theme.

Deom23
08-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Whenever your opponent plays a creature, Beastman gets +1 Attack and +1 Retaliation until end of turn.

CytherSlash
08-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Magic Resist

Penetrate:
When this Creature kills an Enemy Creature in the Frontline, the Creature behind it takes also Damage.

and of cause: Immune to retaliation

E:

Piercing
The javelin/spear it carries just makes me think it would pierce through enemies.

haha, yeah, thought the same, but I have implemented it differently

Jarrman
08-05-2013, 06:55 PM
The Beastman

neutral

cost (5)

2 - 1 - 5

All other friendly shooters have +1 Attack

Alir95
08-05-2013, 07:19 PM
So here is some skills I thought about, I did not read all suggestions , as there was way to many of them so sorry if there is same kind of idea.

Anyway I better start

Skill 1
Name: Amensia
Description: When creature attacks another creature, that creature loses it's special ability (honour, enrage counted)

skill 2
N: unnamed
D: Whenever friendly creature deals combat damage, this creature attacks that creature too. (but it cannot attack himself)

skill 3
D: All adjacent creatures cannot be targeted

skill 4
N: magic catcher
D: Alls spell damage to friendly (not necessary) creature prevented, instead that amount damage is dealt to this creature. Example : if enemy casts armagedon no creature get hurt instead this creature get -100 damage and dies :D

skill 5
N; don't count!
D: When this creature enters , remove all counters!
or
while this creature is in the game no counters can be put.

skill 6
N:Ghostism
d: Creature with 20% probability can escape the damage. (as it is unbalanced just forget about this skill :D)

skill 7
N: revenge
D: While this creature is in the game, every time friendly creature dies opponent discard a card, if no cardes left he gets -1 resource to his next turn.

skill 8
N: random shot
D: when this creature dies banish random enemy creature

skill 9
N: Unnamed
D: when this creature enters look at opponent's cards , banish one creature

skill 10
N: magican
D: while this creature is in the game all spell demage is increased by 1

skill 11
N: Atropos hater
D: while creatire is in the game no cards can be taken from graveyards

skill 12
D: this creature get half damage grom creatures of other type (flier or melee) or from the same type.

skill 13
N: wind explosion
D: when this creature dies all creature change their place randomly

Skill 14
N: tough|
D: when this creature dies players turn ends.

skill 15
D: when to this creature is dealt enough damage to kill him it doesn't die and stayed alive with one life, doens't work if it have just one life

skill 16
N: copier
D: the states of this creature is equal to highest states of creature in the battle ground of the time when it entered.

skill 17
N: no magic
D: while this creature is in the game no magic can be played

skill 18
N: thief
D: when this creature attacks it steals special ability of that creature and gains it himself

skill 19
N: light aura
D: when this creature enters heal all damage from all creatures.

skill 20
N: long throw
D: this creature can attack hero no matter how many creature is in the same row with him, but it can chose attack creature as welll

ok i better stop all i will write all possible abilities :D

kokomando2
08-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Bloodthirst 1 and swift.

Shukfir
08-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Call to Tribe (When half-jackal attacks, search your library for another half-jackal card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your library).

El_Bokutal
08-05-2013, 08:11 PM
If we go for brand new abilities I'll add this one :

Mobility :This creature can"t be immobilized or moved by opponnent's cards or effects (slow, outmaneuver, some air spells, hypnotize etc.)

waryoshi
08-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Transform: Beastman can move into the melee line. If he does give him +1/+1, Beastman loses immune to retaliation.
And if he's in the melee line then he has the opposite ability.

El_Bokutal
08-05-2013, 08:24 PM
@El_Bokutal

I think they counted in all votes, that means from facebook as well. But as far as i know the catapult was in the lead her eon the forums.
And i also had many ideas for the catapult

Off topic but the catapult could have been fun :
4-0-6, shooter, immune to retaliation, Anchored, attack value can't be changed (up or down)
and something close to area blast : 2 damage to all other units in the same row (save forcatapult ans its initial target)
"Yeah Squire, Hard to aim properly with thos things"

deatrick42
08-05-2013, 08:26 PM
When Beastman attacks, your hero gains 1 life
Beastman cannot be blocked
When beastman attacks a creature, move the creature to a location of your choice
If beastman is killed, he comes into play the following turn but has 2 less life.
Every time a creature dies, beastman gets +1 attack.

Not ALL of those, but any combination of them.

DarkProject00
08-05-2013, 09:42 PM
1. When this creature is destroyed and sent to the graveyard. Play a creature with equal or less resource from your hand or deck free.
2. When this creature is destroyed and sent to the graveyard. Put a creature with equal or less resource cost from your deck to your hand.
3. Quick attack + Destroy ongoing fortune when it deals damage :)
4. This creature can attack the hero directly even if there is a creature blocking.
6. Quick attack.
5. Attack anywhere... >.>
6. Quick attack.

That's all i have for now.

Shukfir
08-05-2013, 10:06 PM
When this creature deals attack damage to a creature, that creature gets X phobia counter(s). Creatures with phobia counters cannot attack. When creature moves, remove 1 phobia counter from it.

RockPaperBFG
08-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Beastman - Shooter

3 Resource Cost
2 Might
2 Fortune

2 Attack
0 Retribution
3 HP

Magic Guard 2 (Remove 2 from damage dealt by magical creatures and spells to this creature and each adjacent friendly creature)

ManlyMantonio
08-06-2013, 12:24 AM
When Beastman enters the Battleground, opponent cannot play fortunes until the start of your next turn.

I love this. Since he will be neutral, it will give all decks some ways to deal with crap like Altar of Shadows. +1

nutlamb
08-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Beastman gains +1 attack for every friendly netural creature in play.
Wait, it can't be a Epic card!
http://thumbsnap.com/i/UZgFSsnI.jpg?0805

CytherSlash
08-06-2013, 01:56 AM
An Idea, what the Meta actually needs:

Menace:
As long as this Creature is on the Battleground, enemy Heroes cannot use their special Ability.

David.ss
08-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Swift (can attack & move at the same turn) + Pinpoint target (ongoing) : Enemy creature hit by the Beastman get additional + 2 damage when attacked by friendly creature.

SarethITA
08-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Give him same ability as the stream singer, is absurd that some decks cannot dispel-remove persistents.

Quarison
08-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Camouflage ( Beastman cannot be attacked or targeted in the same round that it deployed )
Immune to retaliaton

But it will take the damage of aoe spells. But no attack, no target spells.
--------------------------------------------

Rage ( Same ability of fiery weapon. adds 1 damage after every attack)
Immune to retaliation

Ambush ( Same as attack anywhere )
Immune to retaliation.

Ability Steal ( When beastman enters the battleground, steal an opponent creatures passive ability. Like, double attack of cyclops, incorporeal ability of lingerin ghost, If the target creature has more than 1, you choose which one you want to steal. And that creatures stolen ability must the pasifized for it )

No immune to retaliation.

Bumbeloo
08-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Sense of beast - Give 1 Damage to all adjacent friendly creatures

Daefon
08-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Short range: This creature cannot attack the rear line if there is a creature in the front line

Keabard
08-06-2013, 09:33 AM
While Beastman is on the battleground, all creatures lose their effects and attributes

Lokken13
08-06-2013, 10:25 AM
1)Immune to Retaliation.
2)Piercing Strike - damage all enemy creatures in the row / Attack Anywhere.

Deimjanas
08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
When beastman stand as melee creature can attack enemy shooter even they are block by another melee creature.

Or when enters battleground deal 1 damage enemy hero.

J4mesR4ge
08-06-2013, 11:10 AM
New ability: Final Countdown ninonino ninoninoni: When the creature enters in the batleground u win

efikus
08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Blood tax 1 (At every beggining controller´s supply phase put 1 counter (+1/+1) on Beastman and next pay 1 life for each counter on it. If you dont pay life, move Beastman to enemy valid battleground positions. Enemy player take control over Beastman)

ukazuyr
08-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I dont what other abilities u can give to him, but just give him "Mind control resistance" which would make him immune to slow, puppet and such spells. We need something to counter that f.. puppet

El_Bokutal
08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Quicksilver : This unit can't be targeted.

Just like the effect of "Day of the sanctuary", with its benefits and drawbacks.
Yeah, I love that one. :)

Alir95
08-06-2013, 12:36 PM
I think You guys need to give on of this card to everyone who posted good ability , or was active in creating. after that More people will share with their ideas in my opinion ^^
p.s. sorry for being offtopic

hydramarine
08-06-2013, 12:36 PM
I would hate to see this get an ability that will only matter like 1/5 of the time (ie: this creature's attack can't be reduced - sorry ultrabear). A more direct effect would be best. So;

When THIS dies, it deals its base attack value to opposing hero.

Stronghold would love that.

PS: I first suggested "current" attack value, but seeing lifegain doesn't see much play (or completely unavailable to some factions), that would be too good.

soldack
08-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Beastman
Shooter
Cost 2
2/0/1
Can only be targeted by ongoing spells.

dark_koll
08-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Beastman/Jackal Ambusher

Neutral - Shooter
Cost: 3 Requires: Might3
2/0/4

Immune to Retaliation.
Beastman Ambusher is unaffected by effects and abilities that does not allow him to attack.
Beastman Ambusher can always be played.

Hardcounter to creatureless decks, maintains a cool theme (he springs forth and attacks) and is playable by all. I should note that he will still suffer "summoning sickness", which means Throne of Renewal will still get rid of him. He has 4 health to be able to survive a single Insect Swarm.

Creatureless decks are not FUN to play against. While I realise the Devs probably want them to be somewhat viable, this is an answer that allows players to actively do -something- during the stalls, and it puts a clock on the creatureless deck. Could be modified upwards or downwards in terms of power of course. I could see it as 3/0/5 for 4, and 4 might as well. Rarity should probably be uncommon or rare either way.

EDIT: Actually, keeping the above stats, putting his Might and Cost at 4 and giving him Quick Attack would very much fit the theme, and actually make him somewhat useful versus non creatureless decks as well.

Infernal_Wisdom
08-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Ability Suggestion 1

Lycanthropy: Immunity to physical damage(needs magical damage to kill this unit)

Ability Suggestion 2

Call for Pack: When this card is played on board, player gains all the copies of this card on his hand

Ability Suggestion 3

Beastial Fury: Whenever this creature attacks it gains one fierce counter(like fiery weapon)

Ability Suggestion 4

Inner Beast: This creature gains 1 damage bonus for each hit point lost

Ability Suggestion 5

Rabid: This creature deals its attack damage to opponent's creature instead of retalliation

Ability Suggestion 6

Howl/Roar: When this creatures enters the board all ally creatures gains +1 damage

Denether2013
08-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I'd like to see a trample ability, eventhough it would be a liitle OP on a ranged creature.

For a ranged, a curved sweep attack would be interesting while not necessarily OP.

To get an ability related to the artwork of this creature, it could be something that ables it to attack directly the ennemy without checking the lane at all. A sort of low cost/attack creature that would use the same spot as the dark assassin ( a tier2 drop with good threat in early or super late game)

Goryczak
08-06-2013, 11:20 PM
If you play Fortune Card this creature deals 1 dmg to each opposing creature in a same row

eff9999
08-07-2013, 05:28 AM
http://m1308.hizliresim.com/1d/7/r7k1m.jpg

~~~~ this

Durendal100
08-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Here is my idea:
ability:

Javelin throw - After first attack this creature base attack is set to 0

Mryth01
08-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Enter the battle field: One friendly creature gains +x/+x (attack/retaliaton) where x is half your fortune rounded up until your next turn.

If that card would be neutral that would boost fortune based decks a bit.

Zaplutek
08-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Well it would be nice to see him with swift and infect ability althou it might be a bit.
Other idea for every shooter adjectant it gains +1 attack.

Oshmond
08-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Pierce (half of the damage dealt to the creature inflicted to the opponents controller round up )

Zmajoubica
08-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Piercing 2 (When this creature attacks and successfully deals demage to melee creature, deals 2 deamage to enemy creature in the same row.)

Aza404
08-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks a lot guys, we've had some awsome ideas here!
I'm sending the top suggestions to the devs now.

Closing this ;)