PDA

View Full Version : so crouching?what's the story

ubidreamz
08-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Well this may be old news and I am not sure if this has already been confirmed and whatever, but is there going to be a manual crouching button in AC IV? I watched the gameplay and yes, he is crouching, but eventually stands back up when he does not make it to cover fast enough. I would love to see a manual button just because I think it is necessary in this game. The game that I use to help this idea is Batman: Arkham City. While some people say it is a stupid addition or not needed, I say you are wrong. I is useful for different situations. First, if you are sneaking up behind a guard, it just looks bad if you walk up behind him. It looks so unreal and you feel if you just walked up behind someone they would hear you. Second, the cover option when you are crouching. It was nice to crouch against the wall and when you go up to the corner, to be able to hit A and have a view around the corner and take someone down, which Assassins games pretty much already have, just not while you are crouched. And third, in the Assassins games, it looks horrible when your standing on a roof and your just standing up there. I want to be able to crouch on the roofs and actually have it feel believable. My personal opinion is that it is a must for this game. I know that people say that this is an environment/social stealth game, but what about the times when your not in a huge crowd(which happens a lot). Feel feel to comment and talk about this feature, and if anybody has any info on what they are doing for this would be fantastic!

Wolfmeister1010
08-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Edward can crouch automatically in stalking zones, just like Connor, except this time, Edward can REMAIN crouched after exiting a stalking zone for a little bit.

Unfortunately, there is no crouch button. You cannot crouch whenever you want to, or say, on a rooftop.

poptartz20
08-05-2013, 01:54 AM
ahh... well. That's nice. but also that could be a little annoying depending on how it's executed.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2013, 02:26 AM
ahh... well. That's nice. but also that could be a little annoying depending on how it's executed.

I would imagine he stands up when you press the high-profile button.

EzioTheBest20
08-05-2013, 02:54 AM
Hey, remember this series used to be about assassins and being an assassin. Crouching should be an option. How is being an assassin improved in this game again? AC 3 was boring and too linear. Go back to what made AC2 and Brotherhood good. Being back actual assassin contracts, courtesans, stealth, etc.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Hey, remember this series used to be about assassins and being an assassin. Crouching should be an option. How is being an assassin improved in this game again? AC 3 was boring and too linear. Go back to what made AC2 and Brotherhood good. Being back actual assassin contracts, courtesans, stealth, etc.

Well, all of those things are purported to be back, so...

Anyway, it's not like crouching is something they removed. Altair didn't have it, Ezio didn't have it, Connor didn't have it. So I'm not seeing why adding crouching would tie into your request for "going back" to being an Assassin...

Wolfmeister1010
08-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Well, all of those things are purported to be back, so...

Anyway, it's not like crouching is something they removed. Altair didn't have it, Ezio didn't have it, Connor didn't have it. So I'm not seeing why adding crouching would tie into your request for "going back" to being an Assassin...

Yah his post is kinda irrelevant...but it still would be nice to put it in. If it has ABSOLUTELY NO GAMEPLAY BENEFITS OR STEALTH BENEFITS.....then at least it would be a great aesthetic...

pirate1802
08-05-2013, 06:38 AM
I'd rather they put contextual crouch when entering restricted areas. Like in Tomb Raider. It would be funny if you crouch in the middle of the road or on rooftops.

Assassin_M
08-05-2013, 11:53 PM
don`t care...meh

roostersrule2
08-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I don't see how it's needed, the guards will be able to look through whatever we're crouching behind anyway.

Assassin_M
08-05-2013, 11:58 PM
do R3 and L3 even serve any purpose in the previous games? Because I was thinking they just use one of those controls for it.
camera reposition and Eagle vision respectively

ubidreamz
08-05-2013, 11:58 PM
I'd rather they put contextual crouch when entering restricted areas. Like in Tomb Raider. It would be funny if you crouch in the middle of the road or on rooftops.

yea i would be fine with that but dont you think standing on a rooftop is a lot less "sneaky" then just standing on one? i can think of a couple scenarios in the game when your gathering information on your kill and you are looking down from the rooftop and..your just standing there. it looks horrible and that just gets me mad. plus, I am not planning on using the crouch button in a crowd full of people..obviously you walk around in the crowd for your social stealth, but use crouch when your in the jungle and not with a group of people.

ubidreamz
08-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Yah his post is kinda irrelevant...but it still would be nice to put it in. If it has ABSOLUTELY NO GAMEPLAY BENEFITS OR STEALTH BENEFITS.....then at least it would be a great aesthetic...

YES, THANK YOU. Even it is has no point in the game at least put it in to make the game look better. Sometimes the most minor details make all of the difference. But if they had the crouch button, it would serve much more purpose than that. But, unfortunately, even though this is an assassin game, you cannot manually crouch. Just wondering, I can't really remember, do R3 and L3 even serve any purpose in the previous games? Because I was thinking they just use one of those controls for it.

ubidreamz
08-06-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't see how it's needed, the guards will be able to look through whatever we're crouching behind anyway.

What are you even talking about? Can the guards now magically see through crates and boxes now? Your not making any sense. How many times have you seen cover that you could use but then, all of a sudden, you can't because oh wait, you can't crouch in the game. I don't know, maybe I see things differently instead of following the game exactly. All I'm saying is it would be a nice addition. For everyone that doesn't care or doesn't want it..THEN DON"T USE IT. But I know a lot of people would enjoy having it. And L3 is used for eagle vision, but have anybody actually used R3 do reposition their camera? Most people do not even know that it exists.

roostersrule2
08-06-2013, 12:05 AM
What are you even talking about? Can the guards now magically see through crates and boxes now? Your not making any sense. How many times have you seen cover that you could use but then, all of a sudden, you can't because oh wait, you can't crouch in the game. I don't know, maybe I see things differently instead of following the game exactly. All I'm saying is it would be a nice addition. For everyone that doesn't care or doesn't want it..THEN DON"T USE IT. But I know a lot of people would enjoy having it. And L3 is used for eagle vision, but have anybody actually used R3 do reposition their camera? Most people do not even know that it exists.Play AC3.

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Play AC3.

Irrelevant. We are talking about crouching in AC4

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2013, 12:08 AM
YES, THANK YOU. Even it is has no point in the game at least put it in to make the game look better. Sometimes the most minor details make all of the difference. But if they had the crouch button, it would serve much more purpose than that. But, unfortunately, even though this is an assassin game, you cannot manually crouch. Just wondering, I can't really remember, do R3 and L3 even serve any purpose in the previous games? Because I was thinking they just use one of those controls for it.

Agreed. No one would miss the reposition cam button, and that button is a crouch button for many other games. It would work perfectly

roostersrule2
08-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Irrelevant. We are talking about crouching in AC4I am talking about AI that has troubled the whole series.

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2013, 01:32 AM
I am talking about AI that has troubled the whole series.

Well guards have only been telepathic in AC3...and you did only mention AC3 in your post...so...

LoyalACFan
08-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Well guards have only been telepathic in AC3...and you did only mention AC3 in your post...so...

I think he's saying that crouching behind cover wouldn't matter because AC3-style guards could just use x-ray vision to see you anyway, lol. Those bastards were half-moron, half-Terminator.

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2013, 01:48 AM
I think he's saying that crouching behind cover wouldn't matter because AC3-style guards could just use x-ray vision to see you anyway, lol. Those bastards were half-moron, half-Terminator.

True, but I will say it again. We are talking about how crouching would be good in assassins creed 4. Guards will not be telepathic in this game.

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Guards will not be telepathic in this game.
Can you be so sure?? can you??

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2013, 02:12 AM
Can you be so sure?? can you??

Well I guess I just have to take Ash's word for it. I trust him

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Somehow Ash sounds like a feminine name, maybe I'm just too used to hear Ash for Ashley. I prefer Asrhaf :|

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Ashaf :|
http://gyazo.com/cfa53a60dd8948639a9eca1739b1810a.png

poptartz20
08-06-2013, 05:07 AM
I don't use R3 to reposition the camera. I just use my analog sticks to turn it back where I want it. I'm sure there are a ton of player that do use it though. So it become one of those things... change R3 into crouch and you have people b1tch about it. Or leave it the same and still have people do the same again. These dev guys never really win. Ha. and there are only so many controls.

Unless they start doubling up on buttons. Like Press L2 (L1) and R2 (R1) at the same time to crouch.

The option would be nice but I won't get bent out of shape about it seeing as we have NEVER had it before. How can you miss something you never had right?

Jexx21
08-06-2013, 05:08 AM
context-sensitive crouching be best

ACRules2
08-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Edward can crouch automatically in stalking zones, just like Connor, except this time, Edward can REMAIN crouched after exiting a stalking zone for a little bit.

Unfortunately, there is no crouch button. You cannot crouch whenever you want to, or say, on a rooftop.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't 100% clear on this.

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 10:00 AM
http://gyazo.com/cfa53a60dd8948639a9eca1739b1810a.png

My keyboard is old. Don't be so mean.

Rickin10
08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
. How many times have you seen cover that you could use but then, all of a sudden, you can't because oh wait, you can't crouch in the game. I don't know, maybe I see things differently instead of following the game exactly. All I'm saying is it would be a nice addition. For everyone that doesn't care or doesn't want it..THEN DON"T USE IT. But I know a lot of people would enjoy having it. .

This. Exactly this. There's something patently absurd about a game that has stealth as one of it's major tenets, on it's - how many games are we into the series? - 6th game and we can still find ourselves in a situation like, say , trying to remain stealthy on a ship or trying to infiltrate a group hanging around on a pier and the only cover are some barrels, but can you use them as cover? No. Why? Err...well...y'see, we don't have a special ability to bend our knees.

Take on an entire fort of musket-wielding guards unarmed and leave them in a bloody puddle? Yes. Able to bend down?No.

Call of Duty has a crouch button. Think about that.

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Somehow Ash sounds like a feminine name, maybe I'm just too used to hear Ash for Ashley. I prefer Asrhaf :|

Lol you still got it wrong...