PDA

View Full Version : AC Unwritten Pages - Achilles Davenport

BBAndy
08-04-2013, 10:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ8sKYejM8U

Achilles Davenport, 1755

I have never felt such helplessness. Always, there had been something I could do. No matter how hard I had to try, to struggle for the outcome that I wished for, I could do something about it. I could fight.

But not now.

Every day they slip farther away from me as the Slow Fever burns ever more intensely within them. My beloved, beautiful Abigail and my dear Connor…are dying.

I did not think that their sickness might take their lives. It wasn’t that that I had been denying the possibility. I just hadn’t even considered that there was one. It seems like only yesterday that they were still healthy, whole. That night I had brought Connor to the roof of the manor, as my boy had always loved stargazing. Maybe that had been unwise, as the night air had been chilly.

Only the morning after, Abigail had fallen ill and a day later my son had caught it as well. The symptoms had started out as a mild thing, causing them to tire and develop headaches but I thought little of it.

Then things got worse. A fever took the both of them and soon became dangerously high. I took leave of my duties in the Brotherhood to take care of them, but there was precious little I could do. I could only sit at their bedside and ease their suffering. Could only watch and hope that they recover.

Now I fear that they never will. A part of me understands that I will probably lose them. Both of them. That part of me urges me to brace myself for what must come.

But I can’t. I can’t give up on them. There is no future where I can live without them. They are the world to me.

I hold on to the hope that they will pull through because there is no other option.

---

I cannot stand the silence. It has a certain weight to it, settling into every corner of the house and it is suffocating. There is no way to dispel it, no way to breach the surface to take a gasp of life-giving air. The silence is complete, immutable.

Abigail and Connor are gone, and all that is left behind is the silence. I am alone.

Ssshhhnk

I watch the light of the candle’s flame dance off the surface of my blade, taking my attention away from the blank paper in front of me waiting to record false, useless words. I should say something. Praise my brave, beautiful wife who had supported me through this world of blood and shadows. Explain how much of a light my son had been, a shining beacon in the dreary fog of violence and death.

But they would be empty words. Nothing I could put on paper could ever describe what a precious thing it was that had been lost with their passing. What is the point of speaking praise over their graves, to people who would not understand?

My blade. I can see a faint, distorted reflection of myself within its depth. Flawless, except for the scratches that had accumulated over its use, so clean and free of the blood that it had shed so constantly.

I saw in this blade a way I could escape this silence. If there was no surface, no air, then what was the point in swimming up? I have taken so many lives that I have lost count long ago. What did it matter if I took just one more? The easy glide of metal through flesh, momentary pain, and it’d be over.

What an easy solution it would be. Whatever waited beyond death’s door could not possibly be worse than this impossible, empty, world. I could simply close my eyes and give up, leaving others to continue floundering in the waves.

Others who need me.

---

I stand at the cliff with the graves of my family behind me.

It has been many weeks since I lost my wife and son. The wounds are slow to heal, and surely they will scar. But heal, they must.
Life goes on, and with each passing day things seem to become more and more…normal. Not the same normal as before –it will never be the same- but I’m beginning to accept this new life. I think back to that day, when I held my own life on the edge of a blade, and I wonder if my decision to live had been cowardly or the bravest thing I had done in my life.

Leading the Brotherhood has kept me busy these past weeks, and I am grateful. Work helps to keep my mind off of more…upsetting things. I am beginning to smile again, to laugh and enjoy the company of Brothers. I have reached the surface, coughing and gasping, but alive. I realize now that it had always been here, and the impossibility that had faced me before has now given way to simple resignation.

I stare out at the sea that opens up below me and I see a thin band of dazzling light crowning the horizon, announcing the coming sunrise. The beauty of this land had never ceased to amaze me, and I allow myself to simply bask in that feeling of openness.

At first, I had wondered what I was fighting for anymore. I had embraced the Brotherhood as a means to bring about freedom and acceptance for me and my family- and they are gone now. But I know now that this is the wrong way to look at it. It isn’t just for me and my family- it is for everyone. I fight for freedom for all that live on this land. Perhaps even for our enemies.

The sun begins to breach the surface of the horizon, spilling liquid gold out onto the sea.

Yes, even our enemies.

Especially our enemies.

---

Story by Yiminxue Zheng
Art by Shenae Guzzardi and Matthew Watts
Music by Andy Fransen

adventurewomen
08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Wow great fan fiction and video, I love the editing the diary is well written! I can imagine Achilles narrating his diary in my mind. :)

ArabianFrost
08-04-2013, 10:52 PM

This was too emotional and beautifully written. If only the actual Achilles VA would accept to recite this as a background to the brilliant video above. Seriously, mad props to the creator of this.

I love Achilles. I definitely wish we could have seen more of him. Makes me wanna go replay AC3. Which reminds me, why can't this game be happy for more than 5 minutes?

White24Room
08-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Dude I loved it, and the music... waaaa!!!

BBAndy
08-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I have a question for you all: what other characters would you like to see in future episodes of Unwritten Pages? We were looking in the direction of Lucy, Leonardo, Yusuf etc. We are also looking to bring some new characters to life. But I would love to see what you think.

Ureh
08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Beautiful...

I'd say go with anything you feel like.

Shahkulu101
08-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I have a question for you all: what other characters would you like to see in future episodes of Unwritten Pages? We were looking in the direction of Lucy, Leonardo, Yusuf etc. We are also looking to bring some new characters to life. But I would love to see what you think.

Leonardo on his deathbed contemplating the worth of his life and work.

BBAndy
08-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I can remember an interview where Corey May said he wanted Ezio to be there when Leonardo died, that they would have a final moment together and say goodbye to each other. I definitely would like to bring that story one day! (COREY, GIVE US THE SCRIPT!!)

Assassin_M
08-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Amazing :O

I want Altair`s exile in Alamut next :D

BBAndy
08-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Of all the things I've seen, none troubles me more than the image of the flames... Pillars so tall they seemed to pierce the heavens. The ground rumbled and shuddered. Mountains split and crack. Great metal towers splintered, their innards strewn about the ground... And everywhere there was screaming. A chorus so terrible that even now I feel its echoes still.
What is this madness I have seen? Is it them, I wonder? Those who came before... Is this where they went? Into the fire? Into the dust? Perhaps this destructive power is what the Templars seek. That they might hold it over us a command devotion. What hope would we have, then, if they held such darkness in their hands – that they could murder the world...

-One of Altaďr's codex pages.

We could explore the event where he gets visions of the Toba Catastrophe and the impact it has on Altaďr...

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 05:50 PM
yusuf ples

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Of all the things I've seen, none troubles me more than the image of the flames... Pillars so tall they seemed to pierce the heavens. The ground rumbled and shuddered. Mountains split and crack. Great metal towers splintered, their innards strewn about the ground... And everywhere there was screaming. A chorus so terrible that even now I feel its echoes still.
What is this madness I have seen? Is it them, I wonder? Those who came before... Is this where they went? Into the fire? Into the dust? Perhaps this destructive power is what the Templars seek. That they might hold it over us a command devotion. What hope would we have, then, if they held such darkness in their hands – that they could murder the world...

-One of Altaďr's codex pages.

We could explore the event where he gets visions of the Toba Catastrophe and the impact it has on Altaďr...
ooooh that would be awesome. either that or Altair`s hallucinations about Maria...

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Ohh wow! This was great! Very well written! You're choice of diction for some parts especially the silence of the house was superb! I really felt immersed in the story especially with the music playing in the back! I truly felt it! :D

I would love to see something from Altair the most! Haytham would be alright too! -- (the only part I can think that wasn't covered in his journals would be the war time he spent with Braddock or the time he spent on the Aquila with Connor)

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Ohh wow! This was great! Very well written! You're choice of diction for some parts especially the silence of the house was superb! I really felt immersed in the story especially with the music playing in the back! I truly felt it! :D

I would love to see something from Altair the most! Haytham would be alright too! -- (the only part I can think that wasn't covered in his journals would be the war time he spent with Braddock or the time he spent on the Aquila with Connor)
or writing his final Journal entry...we have Adrian`s voice over for that too

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 09:38 PM
or writing his final Journal entry...we have Adrian`s voice over for that too

wait whaaa..?

Nice sig M. :|

haha. Guess you lost that bet. That skull makes it very MANLY though. :D

BBAndy
08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
I just finished reading AC Forsaken. There is a sixteen year gap from 1758 to 1774. That's a long time! The only thing we know about this time period is that Haytham had an estate in Virginia on which he grew tobacco and wheat. The entire Colonial Assassin Brotherhood was decimated but Achilles in 1763. We also know Haytham knew Achilles and my guess is that he was probably the one who spared his life.

Keep the suggestions coming...