PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance we can Customize the Shanty sailor songs?

Grumpy Spaniard
08-04-2013, 02:49 PM
There have been many games in the past that allow you to have your own custom playlist of songs from your Hard drive on the console. Imagine you sailing your crew in Black Flag, and you decide to play a song from your HDD on your console, and suddenly you are sailing the high seas singing along to AC/DC's "BACK IN BLACK" or something like that. Obviously, the sailors can't actually sing the song because UBISOFT didn't record any singing, but the animations of singing still happen on the ship and you can listen to your favorite songs while sailing the ocean.

I really want to be able to include a few shanty sailor songs from MASTER AND COMMANDER film starring Russell Crowe, I think was released back in 2006 or so.

ESPECIALLY the one at 0:21 ..It's called the British Tars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqvY0EU2vU

ProletariatPleb
08-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Nope.

SaintPerkele
08-04-2013, 02:59 PM
If only Ubisoft would finally support mods in their games. Too sad that they aren't really the most community-friendly company in that sense.

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 03:03 PM
That would be somewhat hard to do. xD

Grumpy Spaniard
08-04-2013, 03:08 PM
That would be somewhat hard to do. xD

MGS4 let you use your own songs while you play the game, using Snake's ipod.

There have been many games that let you do this, playing your own custom sounds. I would think, being able to let your Sailors sing "GANGAM STYLE" or something silly while sailing the high seas would be hilarious. Obviously, the sailors can't actually sing the song because UBISOFT didn't record any singing, but the animations of singing still happen on the ship and you can listen to your favorite songs while sailing the ocean.

silvermercy
08-04-2013, 03:10 PM

There have been many games that let you do this, playing your own custom sounds. I would think, being able to let your Sailors sing "GANGAM STYLE" or something silly while sailing the high seas would be hilarious.
I'd love that! hahahahaa... If only we could make them dance to the tune, too.

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 03:22 PM

There have been many games that let you do this, playing your own custom sounds. I would think, being able to let your Sailors sing "GANGAM STYLE" or something silly while sailing the high seas would be hilarious. Obviously, the sailors can't actually sing the song because UBISOFT didn't record any singing, but the animations of singing still happen on the ship and you can listen to your favorite songs while sailing the ocean.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see what you mean! If only I could use Hey Ocean! - Fish as a Shanty ;__;

adventurewomen
08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
LOL Why would you want to customise the AC soundtrack? AC game series has one of the best game soundtracks ever, no need to change songs. If you want to customise game songs, then just suggest just play GTA for the custom radio stations on that game.

A custom radio wouldn't work with AC games.

Grumpy Spaniard
08-04-2013, 03:33 PM
LOL Why would you want to customise the AC soundtrack? AC game series has one of the best game soundtracks ever, no need to change songs. If you want to customise game songs, then just suggest just play GTA for the custom radio stations on that game.

Um, just for when you are on your ship........ not for "everywhere" in the game.......

adventurewomen
08-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Um, just for when you are on your ship........ not for "everywhere" in the game.......
Well in that case put the game music off and play a song in the background that you wish to hear in the game. Simple solution. :)

Grumpy Spaniard
08-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Well in that case put the game music off and play a song in the background that you wish to hear in the game. Simple solution. :)

No, because then the sailors aren't doing their singing animations and it's not a part of the game.

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 03:40 PM

I'm actually gonna play AC4 with music. :/

ProletariatPleb
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
I like the idea of custom music, but IMO it wouldn't fit AC at all.

This is what it'll be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2iku7pkbf0

adventurewomen
08-04-2013, 03:45 PM
No, because then the sailors aren't doing their singing animations and it's not a part of the game.
Well in that case, you're asking the animators to completely change what they have spent months to create just for one song that you think would suit the game while on the ship. That's asking a bit too much, like the song you would like to be in AC4.

I'm actually gonna play AC4 with music. :/
Play any music in the background as you like, then just mute the game music there you go. :)

Grumpy Spaniard
08-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Well in that case, you're asking the animators to completely change what they have spent months to create just for one song that you think would suit the game while on the ship. That's asking a bit too much, like the song you would like to be in AC4.
t
No.

The game already has animations for the shanty songs. Just randomize the already existing ones whenever you play a custom song. Done.

adventurewomen
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM
No.

The game already has animations for the shanty songs. Just randomize the already existing ones whenever you play a custom song. Done.
Just try use your imagination then, and try not too be to grumpy about it then. :D

Grumpy Spaniard
08-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Just try use your imagination then, and try not too be to grumpy about it then. :D

Should I also use my imagination and make believe that the Ship I am sailing in, is actually a space ship, and that the little island I sailed past, is actually the planet Mars and I am an astronaut?

I'll save my imagination for later. Let us use custom songs!

LoyalACFan
08-04-2013, 08:37 PM
You can't have your crew singing your own songs because they would have to program in behavior for every song ever recorded by mankind. Now, they could allow you to go to the XMB and choose a song from the music you have stored on your hard drive to play as background music (I believe Red Dead and Arkham City did this) but there's no way in hell they could do it through the sea shanty system.

Locopells
08-04-2013, 08:56 PM
You're missing what he's asking. He's assuming that the crew behaviour for all the shanties is the same, since they're singing them as they're sailing, they're probably just doing sailing activities while opening and shutting their mouths. In which, the choice of music is academic, and could easily involve a pick your own mp3 option in the shanty menu.

Bashilir
08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
You're missing what he's asking. He's assuming that the crew behaviour for all the shanties is the same, since they're singing them as they're sailing, they're probably just doing sailing activities while opening and shutting their mouths. In which, the choice of music is academic, and could easily involve a pick your own mp3 option in the shanty menu.

It'd still be dumb.

So basically, I'm supposed to see early 1700 sailors singing: "OPPA GANGNAM STYLE" which is probably one of the most pointless songs as it's in a foreign language that I don't know.. that English Sailors are going to be singing?

I though AC was one of the few games that was able to keep immersion for awhile? Just turn on whatever music device you have and listen to the music THAT way.

The number of people that want this is.. well I only know of the OP so... No.

OSantaClownO
08-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Please don't.

Grumpy Spaniard
08-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Please don't.

WTF? Are you a nazi? A communist?

Who the hell are you to tell me "Please don't", you want to monitor the way everyone else plays the game? It doesn't affect you if you never use the Custom menu.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2013, 02:22 AM

Who the hell are you to tell me "Please don't", you want to monitor the way everyone else plays the game? It doesn't affect you if you never use the Custom menu.

Raging like crazy over a two-word post? Yep, I'm on a message board all right.

That said, why would adding this feature as a part of the game be necessary when you could just turn down the music volume to zero and play your own music? Or maybe even access the songs on your hard drive through the XMB, depending on whether or not the game allows it? These things take time to program, and when you could get the same effect with no effort from the devs, why ask them to put this into their game?

Black_Widow9
08-05-2013, 04:48 AM

Hello and welcome to the Forums.
Trying to insult someone because they don't agree with you is not allowed here. Our Forums are for open respectful discussion not just one sided arguments. Please take a moment to read over the Forum Rules before posting again.

pirate1802
08-05-2013, 04:57 AM
I like the idea of custom music, but IMO it wouldn't fit AC at all.

Yeah.. its more fitting for those GTA-style modern sandbox games.

Jexx21
08-05-2013, 05:34 AM
Spider-Man has an MP3 player in his web-shooters in the upcoming 2014 movie. Maybe that will give you what you want.

..what.

Locopells
08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Wait, what - is there a trailer for that already? Or are you just messing?

Shahkulu101
08-05-2013, 09:47 AM
This sounds hilarious! What would they do when someone plays hardcore dance music? Would they bop around in a crazed manner? They really should provide animations for the gangnam style dance. It would be GOTY material.

poptartz20
08-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah.. I kinda have to agree. It just doesn't really fit in with AC universe to me. I like the idea, because it sounds fun and refreshing. I could see it maybe for modern day or something. But not for 1700's sailors.

itsamea-mario
08-05-2013, 11:35 AM
It would be rediculous, imagine how stupid it would sound, sailing along then bloody blink 182 starts playing.

poptartz20
08-05-2013, 11:38 AM
it would be rediculous, imagine how stupid it would sound, sailing along then bloody blink 182 starts playing.

say it ain't so i will not go...turn the lights off and carry me home. Na na nah nah

Shahkulu101
08-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Of course it's stupid, that's why it would be hilarious! Loosen up people--it would be optional anyway.

Listen to me, actually thinking they'd do this.

LAWL.

itsamea-mario
08-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Of course it's stupid, that's why it would be hilarious! Loosen up people--it would be optional anyway.

LAWL.

No, this is no joking matter. This idea is the stupidest, most nonsensical and illogical thing i have ever heard, and must be scourged from this earth.

MuddledMuppet2
08-05-2013, 12:40 PM
No, this is no joking matter. This idea is the stupidest, most nonsensical and illogical thing i have ever heard, and must be scourged from this earth.

Don't hold back man, say it how you feel it!

Grumpy Spaniard
08-05-2013, 07:06 PM

LAWL.

Yeah, it's something to add to the fun factor. I can use my custom songs while sailing my ship and my crew does their little animations (that were programmed for the existing shanty songs).

Don't worry about the nay sayers like the poster 2 posts above me. Harry Potter books were rejected by the first couple of publishers because they thought it was too long for children, it was stupid, and that it wouldn't make any money. Zing!