PDA

View Full Version : How the AEP\FB Campaigns work

SteelMag
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
This has always puzzled me. But is the campaign really dynamic? Like say if i shoot up a whole crap load of stuff and complete all my missions more than sucessfully will the front line change to my sides advantage? And also i was wondering if the campain plays all the way through the war even if you select....say a 1941 campaign for the russians will you be able to play to the end of the war and eventually get new planes to play with??

SteelMag
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
This has always puzzled me. But is the campaign really dynamic? Like say if i shoot up a whole crap load of stuff and complete all my missions more than sucessfully will the front line change to my sides advantage? And also i was wondering if the campain plays all the way through the war even if you select....say a 1941 campaign for the russians will you be able to play to the end of the war and eventually get new planes to play with??

Chuck_Older
03-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Hiya.

Firstly, yes the campaigns are dynamic. But the problem is that some players assume the meaning of just what 'dynamic campaigns' means.

Dynamic campaign means that FB keeps track of your pilot's progress. You can be captured, killed, promoted, and decorated. If you shoot down an enemy ace, he's out of the campaign (and war). A lot of players are surprised that they have misunderstood the campaign structure. Unfortunately, this is because they hade their minds made up about the term "dynamic campaigns" meant to them and then they expected that the creators of FB had the same definition in mind. "Truly dynamic" is a subjective quality. The rate of progress involved for your chosen country is not affected by your actions, I beleive. This isn't CFS3 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As far as progressing in campaigns, any campaign I have survived (both of them http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) had me flying from the time I started, until the end of the war.

If I was injured, typically that segment of the campaign ended, and then I moved on to the next one. But it was the same pilot, all my records and whatnot were kept intact. The aircraft can in fact change. For instance, in my Leningrad campaign, I flew La-5s, then La-5fns (skipped the La-5f), then La-7s.

Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash