PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Tools Shotcurts

nunosilva13
07-31-2013, 07:06 PM
Hello, i've had an idea to improve the ease of acessing each weapon and tool. What mostly annoyed me in Assassin's Creed 3 was that i had to be constantly changing the weapons/tools shotcurts depending on what i was doing or where i was (frontier, city, infiltrating, hunting)....

Instead it'd be better to have separated shotcurts for weapons and tools and my idea would Tap or Hold, if you tap you'll chose a weapon, if you hold you choose a tool.

Tell me what you think about it? :D

Assassin_M
07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Just tapping....each directional would have 3 tools....3*4 = 12 quick choice tools and weapons...pretty decent

AC2_alex
07-31-2013, 07:39 PM
The Arkham games have a pretty damn good items wheel

Jexx21
07-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Black Flag's weapon wheel is real time, which is good.

Sushiglutton
07-31-2013, 08:16 PM
I think it's problematic as the difference between holding and tapping is not that distinct (how long do you need to hold). Also when you hold your action can never be faster than the time it takes for your press to register as a hold. On the other hand you may tap as fast as you can, if that makes sense. For these reasons I typically prefer tap-inputs. The new weapon wheel shown in the demos looks perfectly fine to me. I hope there will also be a way to quick-acces tools with a single tap, without having to select them first.

OSantaClownO
08-01-2013, 01:41 AM
I would honestly like the abillty to just change weapon sets.

Lets say left changing sets and Up, Right and Bottom have differnet tools / weapons binded to them.

Tho I always liked the Wheel in previous games.. have no idea why they disabled it.

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 04:52 AM
I think the real-time weapon wheel is the way to go.

Only thing is, will PC players be able to assign the tools to the number bar? I'm just wondering, I'm getting the game on PS4 in reality.

nunosilva13
08-01-2013, 10:54 AM
The Arkham games have a pretty damn good items wheel

I've never played arkham in consoles so i don't know how it works there but in PC the main tools are in 1-5 and the batrang improvements in 6-8.

I think it's problematic as the difference between holding and tapping is not that distinct (how long do you need to hold). Also when you hold your action can never be faster than the time it takes for your press to register as a hold. On the other hand you may tap as fast as you can, if that makes sense. For these reasons I typically prefer tap-inputs. The new weapon wheel shown in the demos looks perfectly fine to me. I hope there will also be a way to quick-acces tools with a single tap, without having to select them first.

Could some1 post the video with the weapon wheel? i think i missed it :(

dxsxhxcx
08-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Only thing is, will PC players be able to assign the tools to the number bar?

good question, since we'll certainly have to deal with another delay of the PC version, they should at least do something useful with that time and make the wait worth something..

AssassinKen2011
08-01-2013, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkc4IoMb70 At the 9:50 mark they show that now when you press on the directional pad you have more options to choose from than just up, down, left and right. Now you can see that multiple tools are assigned to the left. You can cycle though them now by just pressing left multiple times. This is just like the arkham games, I believe. I don't believe they've shown the actual weapon wheel (RB, R1), yet. Just the quick mapping (D-Pad). These new quick slots fix your problem, and mine as well.