PDA

View Full Version : Drag/drop option in ACIV?

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 12:13 AM
I am really getting hyped for the new stealth system, and have even kinda got over the lack of crouching. However, there is one thing that still worries me.

I think the game should have a drag and drop option. I am very tired of assassinating someone, waiting 4 seconds for them to dramatically sink to the ground, initiate a long animation to pick them up, and then carry them over to a hidespot.

Stealth would benefit so much from a drag and drop option, like far cry 3. Here are some ways it would help:

1. Drag bodies back to prevent them from falling off rooftops

2. Save a crapload of time

3. Able to assassinate and quickly drag into a stalking zone.

What do you think?

Johny-Al-Knox
07-31-2013, 12:57 AM
Yeah i do agree that game can be slow if ur trying to be extremely stealthy.. Its almost impossible to be Super stealthy...

LoyalACFan
07-31-2013, 01:01 AM
I think it would be better if it was a little like TLOU where you can grab enemies and move them around when you're in stealth. Tap square to assassinate as usual, hold square to stab and put them in a chokehold so you could drag them to the spot you want them to drop dead. So no more bodies falling from rooftops. This may be like the drag/drop option you're talking about, I don't know since I haven't played FC3 yet.

That said, any new ideas should be suggested for ACV instead of ACIV at this point. ACIV is all but finished.

xChupa
07-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Yes it is definitely needed. I was just thinking about this the other day when play ACIII.

It's horribly aggravating to kill a guard on a slanted roof or the edge of a roof only to have their dead body slide off and scare everyone below before you had a chance to pick it up.

We NEED a direct kill-to-drag option. I think something like Chaos Theory would work best. In that game, if you held down the kill/ko button, it would do the animation then fluidly hoist them up on to your shoulder (same way that the Assassins carry bodies). So basically, hold down square to assassinate and then hoist them up over your shoulder. Same in theory to the drag option in the OP, just a different animation that more suits AC. I don't think a Far Cry styled human shield would really fit AC.

On an unrelated note that I don't think deserves a full thread, anyone know the actual way that crouching is handled in ACIV? Obviously it's improved over ACIII since you can crouch without bushes. I've read some sources that say you can only crouch after exiting a stalking zone, and others have merely said that "Edward can crouch". If it is the 'only crouch out of stalking zones option', then what determines how long you can stay crouched for? Is it always just a few seconds, or can you stay crouched until sprinting?

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 01:51 AM
Yes it is definitely needed. I was just thinking about this the other day when play ACIII.

It's horribly aggravating to kill a guard on a slanted roof or the edge of a roof only to have their dead body slide off and scare everyone below before you had a chance to pick it up.

We NEED a direct kill-to-drag option. I think something like Chaos Theory would work best. In that game, if you held down the kill/ko button, it would do the animation then fluidly hoist them up on to your shoulder (same way that the Assassins carry bodies). So basically, hold down square to assassinate and then hoist them up over your shoulder. Same in theory to the drag option in the OP, just a different animation that more suits AC. I don't think a Far Cry styled human shield would really fit AC.

On an unrelated note that I don't think deserves a full thread, anyone know the actual way that crouching is handled in ACIV? Obviously it's improved over ACIII since you can crouch without bushes. I've read some sources that say you can only crouch after exiting a stalking zone, and others have merely said that "Edward can crouch". If it is the 'only crouch out of stalking zones option', then what determines how long you can stay crouched for? Is it always just a few seconds, or can you stay crouched until sprinting?

Edward can crouch in stalking zones, as always, and he can remained crouched after leaving them. However, you can't just decide to crouch on, lets say a rooftop, without first being in a stalking zone.kinda stupid in my opinion, but, what ya gonna do? Maybe they will surprise us

OSantaClownO
07-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Edward can crouch in stalking zones, as always, and he can remained crouched after leaving them. However, you can't just decide to crouch on, lets say a rooftop, without first being in a stalking zone.kinda stupid in my opinion, but, what ya gonna do? Maybe they will surprise us

You are aware that crouching on a rooftop doesn't make you invisible... so why bother?
When you move from one hide zone to another it makes sense that you keep your stealth.
But if we keep the game logical, You should not have the ability to crouch everywhere if it guarantees stealth (Not being able to be detected).

About the drag and drop, there are several kill animations that hide the body for you...
- Wall / Side kill. (Hiding behind a corner wait for an enemy to come nearby, assassinating and draging him to the corner).
- Haystack kill. (Stabbing a guy with a knife, and then drag him inside).
- Stalking Zone kill (Killing a guy then hiding him in the stalking zone).

I still see what you're saying tho.

Rickin10
07-31-2013, 11:13 AM
You are aware that crouching on a rooftop doesn't make you invisible... so why bother?
When you move from one hide zone to another it makes sense that you keep your stealth.
But if we keep the game logical, You should not have the ability to crouch everywhere if it guarantees stealth (Not being able to be detected).

No, crouching on a roof doesn't make you invisible but it makes you less conspicuous and would allow you to hide behind smaller objects such as chimneys or simply allow you to be closer to the peak of the roof allowing you to be the other side of it to an enemy, ready to strike.

And, yes, the drag and drop would be a very welcome addition to our arsenal. Shame that such things that are staples of other less stealthy games don't appear to be a consideration in AC.

jayjay275
07-31-2013, 12:47 PM
Yes, it would be good if they di it like it was in Hitman: Absolution.

pacmanate
07-31-2013, 01:00 PM
I already came up with this idea :@

But yes, after stabbing someone, you should have the option to transition into a carrying animation of their body. Increases the stealth portion. Maybe Square to stab, then press Circle straight after to transition into a carry animation. I think its a good idea. im surprised its not already in game.

Ureh
07-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Stealth would benefit so much from a drag and drop option, like far cry 3. Here are some ways it would help:

1. Drag bodies back to prevent them from falling off rooftops

2. Save a crapload of time

3. Able to assassinate and quickly drag into a stalking zone.

What do you think?

3. You can do something like this if they're near the zone or if you use rope darts.

Sushiglutton
07-31-2013, 06:03 PM
In normal stealth games guards react to finding a dead body and enter some kind of investigation phase (take FarCry 3 as a recent example). In AC you are not really punished in any way for guards seeing a dead body. So it's not super important to be able to hide them in a less clumsy fashion. That said I think introducing a more permanent alert phase after a body is dicovered, forcing you to be more careful, would be a good addition. And if they add that, then I think your drag and drop idea would be necessary.

Megas_Doux
07-31-2013, 09:59 PM
In normal stealth games guards react to finding a dead body and enter some kind of investigation phase (take FarCry 3 as a recent example). In AC you are not really punished in any way for guards seeing a dead body. So it's not super important to be able to hide them in a less clumsy fashion. That said I think introducing a more permanent alert phase after a body is dicovered, forcing you to be more careful, would be a good addition. And if they add that, then I think your drag and drop idea would be necessary.

In Metal gear solid 2, if a guard is found, reinforcements arrived ASAP.......

This mechanic SHOULD be included. no doubts.

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks for your support everybody :)

David2010549
08-01-2013, 03:45 AM
This may be my single most wanted addition, period. There's already a "high alert" state in some areas when a corpse is found, it's just not really very different from the default state. Some enemies change their patrol routes and start saying a single phrase over and over, that's all. The audio repetition is usually the most punishing thing about it, but for people who seek absolute perfection this ability would be a huge boon. If the corpse detection radius is finally not 360 degrees this ability would be less useful, but I'd still want it. I think I read something about corpse detection changing somewhere, but I can't remember. Anybody know?

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 03:49 AM
I drag the drop of the dragon drops.

Wolfmeister1010
08-01-2013, 03:59 AM
I drag the drop of the dragon drops.

What is wrong with you today?

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 04:14 AM
i drank coffee