PDA

View Full Version : Haytham Kenway Backstory (possible spoilers)

skee1107
07-30-2013, 02:08 AM
So i just finished reading ac forsaken (amazing book, best so far) and ive always kinda disliked haytham and thought ac3 was too much about father son issues but after reading my whole outlook changed completely and i feel that its a wasted opportunity/neglection to not either create a dlc or game of haytham and how he came to be the man portrayed in ac3 especially seeing how ac4s character is in fact haythams father but seriously this needs to be made asap!

Wolfmeister1010
07-30-2013, 02:13 AM
Well, he is a Templar...and all of his life leading up to AC3 was portrayed in the book, (you sure you really read it?) and he already was featured in AC3.....I'd say the chances are extremely low. He might be in AC4 as a cameo though

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Well, he is a Templar...and all of his life leading up to AC3 was portrayed in the book, (you sure you really read it?) and he already was featured in AC3.....I'd say the chances are extremely low. He might be in AC4 as a cameo though

From the stammering done at the SDCC panel. He maybe in the ending where the mansion gets raided.

Jexx21
07-30-2013, 02:47 AM
What stammering?

Also, those Animus Data Fragments gotta unlock something. In both Brotherhood and Revelations memories present in the novels were unlocked. In Brotherhood these were the Christina memories, in Revelations these were the Altair memories. I'll bet that in Black Flag, we'll be able to unlock Haytham memories covering events in the book.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the next AC game uncover Edward memories written in the upcoming Black Flag novel that weren't included in the game.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 02:48 AM
From the stammering done at the SDCC panel. He maybe in the ending where the mansion gets raided.

The game ends in 1725, he died 10 years after that, so I doubt it.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 02:55 AM
The game ends in 1725, he died 10 years after that, so I doubt it.

Hmmm....

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Hmmm....

It ends the year Haytham is born.

Jexx21
07-30-2013, 03:32 AM
Source on the game end date?

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 03:48 AM
Source on the game end date?

They have stated many times that the game will start in 1715 and spend a decade with Edward.. Ending in 1725 the year Haytham is born, makes sense.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/video-games/video-games-news/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-1741820

"They are several major phases in piracy history but the Golden Age we’re depicting in the game spans approximately a decade, starting around 1715"

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 08:41 AM
I also liked Haymich Kenway more after reading Forsaken. IMO it was a requirement to even enjoy Haythams segments. Totally dig that duude now

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 10:19 AM
"They are several major phases in piracy history but the Golden Age we’re depicting in the game spans approximately a decade, starting around 1715"

ahhh! thank you for finding this I had been looking awhile for the article that confirmed this! But yes! Ahh.. Haytham he remains to me one of my favorite characters of the whole series. :D After reading Forsaken it made me like him even more. He was a character of much depth that wasn't shown much in the game.

It still makes me sad how there was alot of wasted potential in AC3 that just didn't happen. But hey I'm okay with it. I still love the game! :P

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Haytham already has his whole life told and shown through the game and forsaken....making it all into a game would be pretty hard too, since he didn't stay at one place for too long...he was all over Europe, Asia and the Middle East