PDA

View Full Version : Can we expect Kraken in Assassin's Creed 4

Piratesboy
07-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Can anybody please answer c:

Can Ubisoft please answer c:

From what I'm hearing, Assassin's Creed 4 is suppose to take place around Golden Age of Pirates right? if so can we expect legendary sea monsters like ( The Kraken or Moby **** to be in the game.. I mean this is where the legend started, in scientific literature, and history Sailors told tales of the Kraken.. A multiple armed creature who wrapped its arms around the hulls of sailing ships, capsizing them almost instantly. The creature left the crew to either drown or be eaten etc.. I must say, AC4 looks amazing and after watching, 13 minute trailer it got me curious looking into this. I know, Sharks,Dolphins, Whales, small fishes are in the game but what about the Kraken or The Giant Squid? or maybe it's too late ):

Read this Amazing article about the work and time Ubisoft puts into Assassin's Creed. They've my respect, these guys are passionate etc

Why Assassin’s Creed IV might be the biggest game in the world

Will the giant squid be making it back for the extremely watery Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag? No-one at Ubisoft is denying it.

http://www.gamesradar.com/why-assassins-creed-iv-might-be-biggest-game-world/?page=3

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 08:30 PM
They did say once no krakens and talking parrots and other popculture hurr durr things will be there.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 08:32 PM
They did say once no krakens and talking parrots and other popculture hurr durr things will be there.

They could still have a giant squid though. They're real. One instance might be interesting.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 08:33 PM
are you pirate's son or his young lover?

superkootje
07-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Krakens do not specifically mean the big Kraken monster as in Clash of the Titans.

And, Assassin's Creed is supposed to be a historically accurate game, not a fictional game.
However, I do recall certain side-quests in AC3 where we also saw the man withouth a head (pumpkin-head) and the loch-ness monster, they we're fake, but still..

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 08:39 PM
are you pirate's son or his young lover?

He is my son..

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Krakens do not specifically mean the big Kraken monster as in Clash of the Titans.

And, Assassin's Creed is supposed to be a historically accurate game, not a fictional game.
However, I do recall certain side-quests in AC3 where we also saw the man withouth a head (pumpkin-head) and the loch-ness monster, they we're fake, but still..

Not sure if you were referring to me with the first bit, but...

I agree and the Kraken in this case does refer to the legend about a monster responsible for sinking ships. It has been suggested that this myth is based on sightings of giant squids. Hence, I think they could add a giant squid, without making the game historically inaccurate.

As for ACIII, I guess that was there attempt at giving us something a bit more light-hearted to investigate. Personally, it seemed a bit silly to me...

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Krakens and other mythical stuff are just perfect for another ToKW-like fantasy DLC..

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 08:52 PM
krakens are the the best tentacle hentai ever

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Lol

superkootje
07-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Not sure if you were referring to me with the first bit, but...

I agree and the Kraken in this case does refer to the legend about a monster responsible for sinking ships. It has been suggested that this myth is based on sightings of giant squids. Hence, I think they could add a giant squid, without making the game historically inaccurate.

As for ACIII, I guess that was there attempt at giving us something a bit more light-hearted to investigate. Personally, it seemed a bit silly to me...

Yea, I misread your sentence, I didn't see "no", But still the rest of my argument is valid on it's own :)

And I totally agree on the weird missions in AC3, They either should've left it out or they should've went in on it deeper.

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 09:02 PM

Well, yes!!!!!!!

However there was a giant "something" in one of the AC2īs tombs, I think if could work either as a easter egg, or a fantasy DLC as pirate said.....

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Yea, I misread your sentence, I didn't see "no", But still the rest of my argument is valid on it's own :)

Sorry.:confused: I'm not sure I know what you mean.

silvermercy
07-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Well, there was the assassin turkey in the Homestead! Why not an assassin Kraken? With hood and everything... (not sure if it would have a beak though...)

lol @ tentacle hentai... *crying* (I'm 99.99% sure there will be fan art of that, don't worry).

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 09:16 PM
There is going to be a white whale that might be larger than normal. Moby **** reference?

TheBearJew32
07-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Easter eggs don't take away from historical accuracy...
With that said, i'd love to see a giant beached Kraken washed up on shore with a broken ship inside a "hidden" cove or something

JimmySaysUDie
07-28-2013, 11:39 PM
I believe they did say there will be something included in the game regarding the Bermuda Triangle so perhaps they might have the Kraken in that area, hard to say for sure though.

AC2_alex
07-28-2013, 11:42 PM
There is going to be a white whale that might be larger than normal. Moby **** reference?

LOL **** is censored

Fezul
01-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Fantasy? FANTASY?! The more you know ... google "collosal squid". They are big. HUGE in fact. As a !$@! brig.
Also it is possible for them to attack ships. Google for an Antarctica one. (it was hungry, thats why they could catch it)