PDA

View Full Version : You know what? I do want another Connor game...

Pages : [1] 2 3

RinoTheBouncer
07-28-2013, 01:25 PM
This may be the 1000th thread about this topic but honestly, I've always ALWAYS LOVED Ezio. He'll always be my No.1 assassin but to now that I've replayed the whole franchise from AC1 to ACIII (along with the ToKW DLC), I think Connor deserves another game. Maybe not in America this time, maybe they he can travel beyond the US. I mean we have nothing so far about his future role and life nor how or when he dies so maybe he'll end up going somewhere in the middle east or asia or Africa. Who knew Ezio would go to Masyaf or Constantinople?

Maybe another game that has him look through the history of his father or family in general that we get to play as him and Haytham like ACIII? perhaps another assassin as well?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh thank you, but please....a game for Connor ALONE...no more sharing...he shared long enough :|

he has fewer missions in his only game than Ezio does in his shortest, third game :|

RinoTheBouncer
07-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Oh thank you, but please....a game for Connor ALONE...no more sharing...he shared long enough :|

he has fewer missions in his only game than Ezio does in his shortest, third game :|

You're welcome, man!
I agree with you. I only mentioned others in case people might not want another game about the Kenway family to chronicle the life of Haytham and Edward (if ACIV didn't finish it) or cause Ubisoft wouldn't make an Assassin Creed game about a Templar and we all wanna know more about Haytham.

But I'm cool with a WHOLE game as him. He'd be awesome! by the end by ToKW's end, he started becoming a real badass not just a naive kid so maybe we should start from here.

silvermercy
07-28-2013, 01:34 PM
A full game with Connor would be a dream come true for me. *_*
I'd like to see him in another continent.

But if it happens I feel he would be like a mentor or something to another assassin (his son??) and have even less screen time again.
Maybe he'll have a full game, but on Vita.
Or a full comic... :|

RinoTheBouncer
07-28-2013, 01:38 PM

But if it happens I feel he would be like a mentor or something to another assassin (his son??) and have even less screen time again.

I think it would be pretty unfair to just limit him with one game that isn't even entirely his. The ACIII experience was good but it felt incomplete, it felt like a start to something bigger just like ACII was. I mean I can't imagine the amazing ACII without Brotherhood or Revelations. Even the latter made me feel hungry for more Ezio. Ezio will always be my No.1 but Connor deserves his shot. Altair was great and his role was amazing but Ezio could do it better in his games, he was more fun and interesting. But Connor didn't even make a proper name for himself like Altair could so I guess we need to know more about him and not through memory seals or sub-console games.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Please don't say that Silver!

I don't want a comic. >_< I have a Vita, but Connor deserves much better.

I don't believe his story has finished at all and we left Connor at a point when he was more aware about everything. Also, I don't think he is the kind of person who would sit back and think his part is done. He seems like the type of person who wants to make a difference. Besides, Ezio had three games, so why shouldn't Connor have another proper game? Then, I really hope Connor does get a sequel.

RinoTheBouncer
07-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Please don't say that Silver!

I don't want a comic. >_< I have a Vita, but Connor deserves much better.

I don't believe his story has finished at all and we left Connor at a point when he was more aware about everything. Also, I don't think he is the kind of person who would sit back and think his part is done. He seems like the type of person who wants to make a difference. Besides, Ezio had three games, so why shouldn't Connor have another proper game? Then, I really hope Connor does get a sequel.

I agree 100% about the story feeling unfinished and about him wanting to do more to the world and I believe he should definitely be given a chance. I do have an iPad for comics or I can just buy comics and read them and I have a Vita too but I want a game for Connor on main consoles. I guess it's only fair this way. I don't want to compare him to Ezio because Altair didn't have 3 games either but his story did somehow get finished by AC:R but that was different. Connor would still make an amazing game and he has to return.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I agree 100% about the story feeling unfinished and about him wanting to do more to the world and I believe he should definitely be given a chance. I do have an iPad for comics or I can just buy comics and read them and I have a Vita too but I want a game for Connor on main consoles. I guess it's only fair this way. I don't want to compare him to Ezio because Altair didn't have 3 games either but his story did somehow get finished by AC:R but that was different. Connor would still make an amazing game and he has to return.

I understand what you are saying about Ezio, but don't forget Altair did make an appearance in AC:R too. Like you said though, at least Ezio's story was completed and Altair's too. Then I'd love to see the rest of his story. At least, as long as they don't give Connor an unhappy ending. ^^' A main console game would be perfect. and I think much of the dislike directed at Connor was more to do with the game's mechanics. Then, if ACIV proves itself to everyone and a Connor game is made using the same game mechanics, then others may see Connor in a better light too and we'll have our Connor game! :D

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:02 PM
I understand what you are saying about Ezio, but don't forget Altair did make an appearance in AC:R too. Like you said though, at least Ezio's story was completed and Altair's too. Then I'd love to see the rest of his story. At least, as long as they don't give Connor an unhappy ending. ^^' A main console game would be perfect. and I think much of the dislike directed at Connor was more to do with the game's mechanics. Then, if ACIV proves itself to everyone and a Connor game is made using the same game mechanics, then others may see Connor in a better light too and we'll have our Connor game! :D
I actually wouldn't mind a sad Connor ending....that`s what Noah Watts actually wanted when he started doing Connor....It`d make people like Connor more I think...

Sad as in he dies tragically...he has a different type of sad all over AC III already :|

LoyalACFan
07-28-2013, 02:03 PM
I want another one too, and hopefully the in-progress game Jade Raymond recently confirmed is a Connor sequel. But like Rino said, maybe not in America, or at least not the northeastern colonies. British Colonial America was alright for one game, but the cities just don't have the stunning vistas and verticality to carry multiple titles like the Italian Renaissance did.

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Would you just accept him being an NPC in the next game? He'll get screen time and character development and all that fun stuff, only difference is that you don't get to play as him. There's nothing wrong with that.

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:04 PM
I want another one too, and hopefully the in-progress game Jade Raymond recently confirmed is a Connor sequel. But like Rino said, maybe not in America, or at least not the northeastern colonies. British Colonial America was alright for one game, but the cities just don't have the stunning vistas and verticality to carry multiple titles like the Italian Renaissance did.

Where did she say that?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Would you just accept him being an NPC in the next game? He'll get screen time and character development and all that fun stuff, only difference is that you don't get to play as him. There's nothing wrong with that.
Nope...I hated the fact that Altair had 5 short sequences. I felt betrayed by this and it felt like an insult to the character and simply unfair...I wanted Revelations to be Altair`s game....wholly..

Connor deserves just as much....he had only 9 friggin sequences for god`s sake....

LoyalACFan
07-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Where did she say that?

I don't remember, but a couple of months ago she said her studio was working on the next AC game set to release after Black Flag... No other details. Basically just confirming the yearly release cycle and splitting the work up among several studios, nothing earth-shattering.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Connor deserves just as much....he had only 9 friggin sequences for god`s sake....

Yeah, and I'd say that's a generous evaluation... He was a child in training for two of them, and Sequence 12 barely qualifies as a full sequence. Seq. 6-11 were the only ones where we got the full AC experience with him.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah, and I'd say that's a generous evaluation... He was a child in training for two of them, and Sequence 12 barely qualifies as a full sequence. Seq. 6-11 were the only ones where we got the full AC experience with him.
Indeed...I don`t think we`d be asking for too much if we want a 9-11 Sequence CONNOR ONLY game...

We`v had proper closure for EVERY protagonist and it had its own media...

Desmond: 5 games and comics...has closure
Altair has 3 games (2 hand held), 5 short sequences in another game, a novel and comic...has closure
Ezio has 4 games (1 hand held), 3 novels, comic and 2 animated short films...has closure
Edward already appears in his own game, 2 novels and a Manga...has closure
Haytham has 1/4 of a game and a Novel....has closure
Connor has one game.......he doesn't even have a novel :|

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I actually wouldn't mind a sad Connor ending....that`s what Noah Watts actually wanted when he started doing Connor....It`d make people like Connor more I think...

Sad as in he dies tragically...he has a different type of sad all over AC III already :|

I DISAGREE!! That's just mean! So, you are saying for people to like Connor, he has to die!? Well, I don't care if people don't like him. Let them hate him. We have enough unhappy endings in life already. Also, ACIV is going to be sad too. Then it just wouldn't be fair.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Indeed...I don`t think we`d be asking for too much if we want a 9-11 Sequence CONNOR ONLY game...

Stole this from the Tumblr thread but I thought it was appropriate

http://media.tumblr.com/1a72c90ff8652c68c95e9f7cf861d412/tumblr_inline_moj4wwzSsE1qz4rgp.png

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I DISAGREE!! That's just mean! So, you are saying for people to like Connor, he has to die!? Well, I don't care if people don't like him. Let them hate him. We have enough unhappy endings in life already. Also, ACIV is going to be sad too. Then it just wouldn't be fair.
Please don`t hurt me, i`m sorry D:

LoyalACFan
07-28-2013, 02:19 PM

I'm of two minds about Connor's fate... On one hand, I want the guy to finally catch a break, but on the other, it would just kind of feel wrong for a Native American in the 1700's to just ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after. Unless they completely sever his ties to his heritage in the sequel, which wouldn't please me either...

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Nope...I hated the fact that Altair had 5 short sequences. I felt betrayed by this and it felt like an insult to the character and simply unfair...I wanted Revelations to be Altair`s game....wholly..

We never were supposed to get 2 Ezio sequels. They spoiled the fans with the damn games and it's their mistake. Don't go on comparing Connor to the Ezio situation, cause Ezio's situation was unique and Alex said it himself, Ubisoft wants a new character each game, so your problem is with the AC3 devs that blew their chance with Connor. They decided to go down the Haymitch road. If Connor gets another sequel solely because you guys request thag, imagine the other crazed fans for any future characters. Just look at the quote in your signature for insight. It's unfair, I know, but it's AC3's devs fault. The devs for future games shouldn't have their vision that may not include Connor mauled because you guys want to include Connor. What if they don't want a game with Connor? They shouldn't really be forced to include Connor if he's not supposed to be in the game. Basically, it's not their problem.

ArabianFrost

Desmond: 5 games and comics...has closure
Altair has 3 games (2 hand held), 5 short sequences in another game, a novel and comic...has closure
Ezio has 4 games (1 hand held), 3 novels, comic and 2 animated short films...has closure

Tyranny of King George?

Assassin_M
We never were supposed to get 2 Ezio sequels. They spoiled the fans with the damn games and it's their mistake. Don't go on comparing Connor to the Ezio situation, cause Ezio's situation was unique and Alex said it himself, Ubisoft wants a new character each game, so your problem is with the AC3 devs that blew their chance with Connor. They decided to go down the Haymitch road. If Connor gets another sequel solely because you guys request thag, imagine the other crazed fans for any future characters. Just look at the quote in your signature for insight. It's unfair, I know, but it's AC3's devs fault. The devs for future games shouldn't have their vision that may not include Connor mauled because you guys want to include Connor. What if they don't want a game with Connor? They shouldn't really be forced to include Connor if he's not supposed to be in the game. Basically, it's not their problem.
Ask me if I care...I don`t

I just want my damm Connor sequel

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Please don`t hurt me, i`m sorry D:

You shouldn't have said anything! Dies tragically...? *shakes head in disbelief* Like you said, he has sadness in ACIII already. How much sadness do you think one person deserves!?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Tyranny of King George?
one game and a 6 hour DLC.....the friggin first mate gets a DLC and the hand held girl gets 3 missions in AC4

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm of two minds about Connor's fate... On one hand, I want the guy to finally catch a break, but on the other, it would just kind of feel wrong for a Native American in the 1700's to just ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after. Unless they completely sever his ties to his heritage in the sequel, which wouldn't please me either...

I didn't say he had to have a clichéd happy ending!! He just doesn't deserve tragedy either.

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Ask me if I care...I don`t

I just want my damm Connor sequel

You then come accusing the fanbase with immaturity and petulance. How ironic.

Aspiring to be a game designer yourself, you should be one to understand that it would be unfair to some poor dev team to possibly be forced into basing a game around a character they may have not initially wanted to base a game around?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I didn't say he had to have a clichéd happy ending!! He just doesn't deserve tragedy either.
Well, no one deserves tragedy, but...what would you propose then??

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:28 PM
one game and a 6 hour DLC.....the friggin first mate gets a DLC and the hand held girl gets 3 missions in AC4

You do understand that Ubisoft hasn't revealed any new handheld games? One of them might just include Connor. You also don't know what AC5 might hold. Even if Connor isn't the main character, we may have a few missions with him like in the Aveline situation.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:29 PM

Aspiring to be a game designer yourself, you should be one to understand that it would be unfair to some poor dev team to possibly be forced into basing a game around a character they may have not initially wanted to base a game around?
Well, I AM part of the fanbase...anything I say about you people sticks to me as well...

Lets be realistic...if Ubisoft doesn't want to do Connor, they wont....we`v been LITERALLY begging and crying for difficulty since 2009...tell me if we got it...TELL ME

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I hate that Ezio has set this precedent so now everyone thinks we have to follow a character for their entire lives for their story to be "complete". Connor had a character arc that started and finished in AC3. He got closure. As far as I'm concerned we've seen all we need to see of Connor's life in a game. I wish Ubi had stuck to one game=one ancestor.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:30 PM
You do understand that Ubisoft hasn't revealed any new handheld games? One of them might just include Connor. You also don't know what AC5 might hold. Even if Connor isn't the main character, we may have a few missions with him like in the Aveline situation.
If they include him in a handheld or he appears as NPC then that just proves that that could`v been his main console sequel...

Revelations was a hand held....they had no problem turning it into a main console game...

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Well, no one deserves tragedy, but...what would you propose then??

What is the point of discussing what I think should happen? I'm not the writer. I just don't believe that tragedy is the way to go. Killing him off just doesn't make any sense.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:32 PM
What is the point of discussing what I think should happen? I'm not the writer. I just don't believe that tragedy is the way to go. Killing him off just doesn't make any sense.
But he dies anyway D:

please don`t kill me

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Well, I AM part of the fanbase...anything I say about you people sticks to me as well...

Lets be realistic...if Ubisoft doesn't want to do Connor, they wont....we`v been LITERALLY begging and crying for difficulty since 2009...tell me if we got it...TELL ME

We got stealth. I don't even want to use the combat with stealth around. Too selfish to care.

Weather's quite nice today.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:33 PM
We got stealth. I don't even want to use the combat with stealth around. Too selfish to care.
I said difficulty :|

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I said difficulty :|

And thus difficulty would apply to which gameplay aspect?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:36 PM
And thus difficulty would apply to which gameplay aspect?
Generally...Stealth is not a substitute for lack of combat difficulty D:

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:36 PM
But he dies anyway D:

please don`t kill me

What are you on about!? If your point is that everyone dies... then that is a pretty stupid argument from you. Of course, everyone dies eventually.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:37 PM
What are you on about!? If your point is that everyone dies... then that is a pretty stupid argument from you. Of course, everyone dies eventually.
Well, would you rather him die in his sleep or in a blaze of glory where he protects his family from treacherous patriots??

*runs away*

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Well, would you rather him die in his sleep or in a blaze of glory where he protects his family from treacherous patriots??

*runs away*

Neither! *shouting after M* I don't see why we have to see his death at all!

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Neither! *shouting after M* I don't see why we have to see his death at all!
How about he finds a POE that makes him immortal and now he`s actually Desmond??

Oh wait he`s dead :|

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 02:44 PM

They blatantly had both AC3 and Forsaken lead into a Connor sequel. I'm sorry but if they don't make a Connor sequel, then they didn't tell a proper story.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:45 PM
How about he finds a POE that makes him immortal and now he`s actually Desmond??

Oh wait he`s dead :|

Now you're just being ridiculous o_0

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Generally...Stealth is not a substitute for lack of combat difficulty D:

It is for me. I'll barely use the combat anyway, so........ I'm out of flips to give.

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
maybe im being more optimistic than you guys but i think we will see connor again. they cant just leave his story like that.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm out of flips to give.
I can see that -_-

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 02:50 PM
They blatantly had both AC3 and Forsaken lead into a Connor sequel. I'm sorry but if they don't make a Connor sequel, then they didn't tell a proper story.

To elaborate, AC3 had Juno telling Connor that he has made a difference and will do so again. I'm not just going to forget that she said that, it wasn't an ambiguous saying that could go either way. They basically said "Connor gets another game."

Forsaken's Connor ending pretty much said "The Assassins are my people now, it's time to build them up."

-_-

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:53 PM
To elaborate, AC3 had Juno telling Connor that he has made a difference and will do so again. I'm not just going to forget that she said that, it wasn't an ambiguous saying that could go either way. They basically said "Connor gets another game."

Forsaken's Connor ending pretty much said "The Assassins are my people now, it's time to build them up."

-_-
Not to mention the removal of the final soliloquy....that was the perfect closure for him, if they actually wanted closure for him at that point...

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 02:53 PM
maybe im being more optimistic than you guys but i think we will see connor again. they cant just leave his story like that.

I agree with you. :) I wanted a Connor game too, but I would rather NOT have one if it turns out like M suggests. >_<

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 02:55 PM
I can see that -_-

I'm just kidding. I'd like some difficulty as well.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:56 PM
but I would rather NOT have one if it turns out like M suggests. >_<
Eheheheheeeee

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm just kidding. I'd like some difficulty as well.
Oh I was under the impression that we both knew that we were kidding >_>

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Not to mention the removal of the final soliloquy....that was the perfect closure for him, if they actually wanted closure for him at that point...

That's still in Forsaken, and I feel as if it actually adds to my argument because that contains the part that says "The Assassins are my people, time to go back to them and build them up."

Ureh
07-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Juno used Connor, I'll be glad to see him if only to give the twcb a finger.

"Your schemes are at an end. I'll never forget the look on your face as I pointed at you."

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 03:05 PM
A game with Connor rebuilding the Assassins would just be ACB- again. ACB had a boring historical story and Ezio had zero development. A Connor game would be the exact same except in America. Let's move on.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Mmm, just read the Connor part in Forsaken over again. Apparently the last two lines aren't actually in the soliloquy.

"Full of hope for the future, I returned to my people, to the Assassins. It was time for new blood."

Those are the lines I was referring to. "It was time for new blood" can both mean building up the order with new members, or taking part in a new fight against something. It may very well be both.

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 03:06 PM
I agree with you. :) I wanted a Connor game too, but I would rather NOT have one if it turns out like M suggests. >_<

agree. he have had enough tragedies , should give him a break.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 03:07 PM
A game with Connor rebuilding the Assassins would just be ACB- again. ACB had a boring historical story and Ezio had zero development. A Connor game would be the exact same except in America. Let's move on.

Your view is way too simple..

pacmanate
07-28-2013, 03:08 PM
This may be the 1000th thread about this topic

yup

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Oh I was under the impression that we both knew that we were kidding >_>

Eeehh, guess I'm still relatively new to this.

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Your view is way too simple..
No it's not. I just don't want a re-hash of a previous game in the series with a re-hash of a previous setting in the series with a character who's already had a complete character arc.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 03:13 PM
agree. he have had enough tragedies , should give him a break.

Thank you! xD I'm glad you understood what I meant. :D

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 03:13 PM
But his story isn't complete, and I'm not even asking for a Brotherhood rehash.

I repeat, your view on the situation is too simple.

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 03:16 PM
having another connor sequel actually makes sense. donno why people think his story is over..

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 03:17 PM
But his story isn't complete, and I'm not even asking for a Brotherhood rehash.

I repeat, your view on the situation is too simple.
His story is complete. He's undergone a full arc. Not knowing what Connor does for the rest of his life does not mean his story is incomplete. We know all we need to know about him.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 03:18 PM
having another connor sequel actually makes sense. donno why people think his story is over..
Oh they don`t think his story is over, that`s just their crappy argument front for "I don`t want Connor again, bye"

don`t know why Jexx replied to it in the first place -_-

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Don't feel bad, M. I think Connor should die too. That's why I kill him off at the end of all my fanfics.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Don't feel bad, M. I think Connor should die too. That's why I kill him off at the end of all my fanfics.
I will miss you, bro/sis

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Eheheheheeeee

:p

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2013, 03:22 PM
I will miss you, bro/sis

The fanfic writer is a rather mentally deranged sis

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh they don`t think his story is over, that`s just their crappy argument front for "I don`t want Connor again, bye"

don`t know why Jexx replied to it in the first place -_-
As if "wah his story is not completed" isn't just an excuse for fanboys to cry about wanting a new game even though it's totally unnecessary.

Ureh
Maybe Edward stored a part of himself inside a special disc and Connor finds it. Then they can work together in the next game.

ze_topazio
How about this? Connor goes to Monteriggioni in search of the truth left behind by legendary Master Assassin Ezio Auditore, there he learns that he needs to go to Marseille to find some memory seals, those memory seals contain memories of Ezio's retirement years taking care of his vineyard, at the end of the game, full of knowledge and wisdom, Connor returns to the Homestead and plants a vineyard.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 03:24 PM
As if "wah his story is not completed" isn't just an excuse for fanboys to cry about wanting a new game even though it's totally unnecessary.
Eh, at least we say WHY we think it`s incomplete, unlike some who think it`s complete

"MEA MEA his story is completes MEA we know all about him MEA deal with it MEAAAAAA"

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 03:26 PM
His story is complete. He's undergone a full arc. Not knowing what Connor does for the rest of his life does not mean his story is incomplete. We know all we need to know about him.

so why did they extend ezio's story in 3 games. they could have ended it his story with AC2 too...

well thats a stupid argument.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 03:28 PM
well thats a stupid argument.
Oh I know, trust me xD

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 03:29 PM
He's gone through the arc of overcoming his pure naivete and failing to protect the land of his people. The game still leaves off with Juno saying "You have made a difference, and will do so again," which means that there is something he does that will be crucial to Juno, or at the very least, the Templar-Assassin war. So no, we do not know everything we need to know about him.

Besides that, they already made it clear that they like to tell the full stories of the main characters, at least from the point from when they become Assassins forwards.

Altair: whole life story told
Ezio: whole life story told
Nikolai: whole life story told
Desmond: whole life story told
Clay: whole life story told
Daniel: whole life story told
Haytham: whole life story told
Edward: whole life story *will be* told

Aveline's story may be finished up in Black Flag, or it may not be, we'll see. Connor will most likely get a second game to finish up his story, seeing as he has a lot of time left in his life (he's only 28 by the end of AC3)

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Eh, at least we say WHY we think it`s incomplete, unlike some who think it`s complete

"MEA MEA his story is completes MEA we know all about him MEA deal with it MEAAAAAA"
I've explained plenty of times in the countless other threads there are on this topic. You people seem to be unable to comprehend what a character arc is and think for anyone's story to be "complete" we have to follow them for a minimum of 50 years or something. You all have such brilliant ideas for a natural continuation as well. "Oh let's have an ACB knock-off but with Connor!" "How about Connor goes to France for a re-hash of AC3!" "Connor goes to England!" "Connor goes to Disneyland!"

I-Like-Pie45
so why did they extend ezio's story in 3 games. they could have ended it his story with AC2 too...

http://www.netanimations.net/Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

ladyleonhart

Connor's story ISN'T complete. And I am NOT a fanboy... so there. :p

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 03:31 PM

Yes and they should have. You seem to have missed me saying "I wish Ubi had stuck to one game=one ancestor"

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Maybe Edward stored a part of himself inside a special disc and Connor finds it. Then they can work together in the next game. Time travel PoE? I constantly wonder how Connor knew about his grandfather. Unless Achilles told him.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I've explained plenty of times in the countless other threads there are on this topic. You people seem to be unable to comprehend what a character arc is and think for anyone's story to be "complete" we have to follow them for a minimum of 50 years or something. You all have such brilliant ideas for a natural continuation as well. "Oh let's have an ACB knock-off but with Connor!" "How about Connor goes to France for a re-hash of AC3!" "Connor goes to England!" "Connor goes to Disneyland!"
Oh please, explain to me again, otherwise don`t bother and no, I don`t think it needs to span fifty years..maybe that`s what your cute brain tells you i want, but it`s not true;)

Trying to knock off the ideas as "rehashes" is idiotic and is hardly an argument. you`re going to have to do better than that, sorry...

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 03:35 PM

I've wanted a game that deals with the Northeast Indian War and the Quasi-War, and a free-roam naval map up around Newfoundland.

And tbh, I haven't really seen much people clamoring for an "ACB knock-off." Building up the brotherhood =/= ACB knock off. This is why I say your view is too simple.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 03:36 PM
I've wanted a game that deals with the Northeast Indian War and the Quasi-War, and a free-roam naval map up around Newfoundland.

And tbh, I haven't really seen much people clamoring for an "ACB knock-off." Building up the brotherhood =/= ACB knock off. This is why I say your view is too simple.
How about we call AC IV an AC I knock off since Edward takes the Creed literally like Altair??

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh please, explain to me again, otherwise don`t bother and no, I don`t think it needs to span fifty years..maybe that`s what your cute brain tells you i want, but it`s not true;)

Trying to knock off the ideas as "rehashes" is idiotic and is hardly an argument. you`re going to have to do better than that, sorry...
Connor ends AC3 having lost nearly everything. He's failed his people and been betrayed by those who he believed in and trusted. A major part of the game is the question of whether the Templars are right, whether Connor is wrong. But despite everything that happened to him and what he had to do Connor still comes through believing in the Assassin's cause. No longer naive but still just as committed to the cause of freedom even after he lost his primary motivation for the whole thing, his people. It's not a happy ending but I think it's a fitting place to leave his character in the games. The cut monologue explains it clearly and I have no idea why they cut it.

That's why I think his story is finished at least in the games. There's also the fact that I don't think there's much else interesting for Connor to do that they could build a game around.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 03:50 PM
No longer naive but still just as committed to the cause of freedom even after he lost his primary motivation for the whole thing, his people.
That`s actually a great opening for Ubisoft if they bring back Connor...I`ll continue it..

"Connor discovers a dangerous Templar threat showing its head and so..."

Thanks, mate

How can I take your post as an opposition when it in itself explains why I think another Connor game is needed??

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
That`s actually a great opening for Ubisoft if they bring back Connor...I`ll continue it..

"Connor discovers a dangerous Templar threat showing its head and so..."

Thanks, mate

How can I take your post as an opposition when it in itself explains why I think another Connor game is needed??
So you think Connor's story isn't finished because he didn't leave the Assassins once his people left? That's a pretty low threshold. It's an ending to me because it shows Connor overcoming his doubts. I don't need to see him fight for "freeeedom". We already know he's not giving up. It doesn't add anything to his character.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 04:08 PM
It's not a happy ending but I think it's a fitting place to leave his character in the games. The cut monologue explains it clearly and I have no idea why they cut it.

I don't think it is really a sad ending either. Maybe they cut it because they are actually planning a sequel for Connor and ACV is apparently already in the works.

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 04:09 PM
The new adventures of sameface o'woody.

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Eh.. i don't understand some people. I couldn't care less about another connor game, but it's simple, his story is not over. There is still so much of each character, not just connor..

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:12 PM
So you think Connor's story isn't finished because he didn't leave the Assassins once his people left? That's a pretty low threshold. It's an ending to me because it shows Connor overcoming his doubts. I don't need to see him fight for "freeeedom". We already know he's not giving up. It doesn't add anything to his character.
Nope...I think he needs another game, because I want it to further explore his departure from the naivete and idealism...different approach to situations, different Connor, different thoughts, different character altogether....that`s something i`d like to see

You don`t, fine...just know what I actually want, instead of jumping to your own conclusions about what I want from another game

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Eh.. i don't understand some people. I couldn't care less about another connor game, but it's simple, his story is not over. There is still so much of each character, not just connor..
Nothing more can be said for Ezio, Altair, Haytham nor Edward...we pretty much know their entire lives...

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 04:16 PM
I think he needs another game, because I want it to further explore his departure from the naivete and idealism...different approach to situations, different Connor, different thoughts, different character altogether....that`s something i`d like to see

agree. this is something worth seeing indeed :)

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Nope...I think he needs another game, because I want it to further explore his departure from the naivete and idealism...different approach to situations, different Connor, different thoughts, different character altogether....that`s something i`d like to see

You don`t, fine...just know what I actually want, instead of jumping to your own conclusions about what I want from another game
lol @ you saying don't jump to conclusions when you opened this exchange by accusing my saying Connor's story is complete as being a lie.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 04:18 PM
I don't think it is really a sad ending either. Maybe they cut it because they are actually planning a sequel for Connor and ACV is apparently already in the works.
it would actually be ACIV: <subtitle>

Because they only make new numbers when there are new protagonists. Plus why else would they give AC4 a subtitle.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:19 PM
lol @ you saying don't jump to conclusions when you opened this exchange by accusing my saying Connor's story is complete as being a lie.
I`m sorry, I had to provoke you to actually explain and tell me reasons why you think he`s done...all you did for 3 posts was

"Connor is done..deal with it"
"Connor`s had a complete story arc...deal with it"
"Oh mans, everyone wants to be like Ezio...Connor is not Ezio deal with it....complete arc"

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Nothing more can be said for Ezio, Altair, Haytham nor Edward...we pretty much know their entire lives...

some characters* and we don't know edwards as of yet..

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 04:21 PM
it would actually be ACIV: <subtitle>

Because they only make new numbers when there are new protagonists. Plus why else would they give AC4 a subtitle.

That's a technicality Jexx. :p I get what you are saying though. Hmm, I never actually thought about the reason behind the subtitle. Then I guess you are going by Ezio's story.

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:22 PM

Which is pretty much what AC3's ending alluded to, or at least could have implemented earlier in the game so that he has complete character development rather than the mess we got into. Still, the medium by which they end Connor's life can be arguable. I would LOVE to see the ambiguous guy Connor was forced to become at the end of AC3. They can choose any medium they see fit, but I hope whatever one they choose actually builds upon his character. I honestly wouldn't mind a novel of Connor.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:22 PM
some characters* and we don't know edwards as of yet..
alright, we WILL know Edward`s in 90 days...

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Which is pretty much what AC3's ending alluded to, or at least could have implemented earlier in the game so that he has complete character development rather than the mess we got into. Still, the medium by which they end Connor's life can be arguable. I would LOVE to see the ambiguous guy Connor was forced to become at the end of AC3. They can choose any medium they see fit, but I hope whatever one they choose actually builds upon his character. I honestly wouldn't mind a novel of Connor.

No novels Frost! >_< A game or nothing.

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes and they should have. You seem to have missed me saying "I wish Ubi had stuck to one game=one ancestor"

My idea of what Ezio´s trilogy should have been:

1 AC2
2 A DLC released on mid 2010 containing the destructon of the Villa, the Da vinci´s machines and the siege of Vianna, with its outcome hinting a game set during the ancient and most glorious times of the city that was, to me, ruined in the current version of ACB......
3 ACR.

And in regards of Connor, if he gets a sequel, give a better setting, he deserves it, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes, alluded to...VERY briefly...we don`t even get to touch upon his new found sense of grey at all..the only thing close to that was the soliloquy and that was cut...

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 04:30 PM
alright, we WILL know Edward`s in 90 days...

It could only be half of it..

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
It could only be half of it..
The novel does the rest...

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, alluded to...VERY briefly...we don`t even get to touch upon his new found sense of grey at all..the only thing close to that was the soliloquy and that was cut...

Well, if the numbering system is anything to go by, I'd find it really hard to have an AC3:subtitle game after AC4. It wouldn't feel right to go back to that. My best bet is that Connor will be the father/mentor of the next protagonist, since we'll be following this bloodline. While unfair to Connor, the only way I see it happening is if we observe Connor's development from the angle of the new protagonist. It wouldn't be as satisfying, but it can open up to the possibility of a few Connor missions. We might even get another Forsaken-esque view of matters, but this time, Connor will be meta-writer. I don't really know. At this point, they probably have the next 1000 AC games planned. I would find it hard that they would alter what's planned. We'll see, is the most appropriate answer now.

(Never rule an ACR-esque game though)

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 04:35 PM
And what if another Connor game turns out to be more angry gump and sameface? Still naïve, still brash, still blind to everything happening around him?

TheHumanTowel
I`m sorry, I had to provoke you to actually explain and tell me reasons why you think he`s done...all you did for 3 posts was

"Connor is done..deal with it"
"Connor`s had a complete story arc...deal with it"
"Oh mans, everyone wants to be like Ezio...Connor is not Ezio deal with it....complete arc"
Top class hypocrisy there m8.

TheOnlyEzio
The novel does the rest...

There could be a gap inbetween, you don't know that..

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Umm.. no. A Connor sequel doesn't have to be ACIII: <subtitle>. In fact it would be bad if it was. It would probably be ACIV: <subtitle>

Also, Assassin's Creed twitter page has said that we should know everything we need to about Edward with Black Flag and the novels.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:37 PM
There could be a gap inbetween, you don't know that..
Here

Also, Assassin's Creed twitter page has said that we should know everything we need to about Edward with Black Flag and the novels.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 04:39 PM
And what if another Connor game turns out to be more angry gump and sameface? Still naïve, still brash, still blind to everything happening around him?

Are you trying to provoke me?

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Here

I hope it leaves me satisfied then.. unlike past experiences..

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Are you trying to provoke me?

Hey M, why are you using Lady's account?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Top class hypocrisy there m8.
That`s coming from a guy who called me out on saying that Edward is an Ezio rip off because he`s a womanizer...

"Oh let's have an ACB knock-off but with Connor!" "How about Connor goes to France for a re-hash of AC3!" "Connor goes to England!" "Connor goes to Disneyland!"

Sit down, mate....

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Oh naw, she`s using mine

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 04:44 PM

What? :confused:

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:44 PM
We swap accounts, remember?? play along

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:45 PM
What if AC IV turns out crap?? risks...risks....

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Assassin's Creed IV: American Flag

TheOnlyEzio
opinions guys...

ArabianFrost

It's just that M is the only one that has such strong conviction and love for Connor. Never thought you would equally be like that as well. Nothing wrong with that. It's just weird to see anyone other than M being that "passionate."

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:47 PM
opinions guys...
That certainly doesn't seem to be the case with some people here...

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:47 PM

You go sit in the naughty corner for insulting AC4.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:48 PM
You go sit in the naughty corner for insulting AC4.
eat my turkey..

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 04:48 PM
But I'm not insisting on it, am I?

Plis gif me boring woodfaceprotagonist's boring sequel <3<3<3ubi xoxoxo.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 04:51 PM
It's just that M is the only one that has such strong conviction and love for Connor. Never thought you would equally be like that as well. Nothing wrong with that. It's just weird to see anyone other than M being that "passionate."

Maybe it was 'M'? He uses my account sometimes. As for Connor, I've never hidden the fact I love Connor.

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 04:51 PM
That certainly doesn't seem to be the case with some people here...

Yep.

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM

eat my turkey..

May the wrath of Ashraf Darby Guesdon befall you, heretic.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM

That`s actually inaccurate...no one kissed Ubi`s *** for a Connor sequel. We`re asking for it, because we think it`s fair since Ezio, Altair, Haytham and, in the future, Edward get more screen time..

that doesn't really change anything...we`re asking for a Connor sequel, you`re not asking for AC IV...the same chance of the risk exists whether you like it or not...

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:53 PM

Guilty laughs were had.

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 04:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LfmtIP5.jpg

Assassin_M
Guilty laughs were had.
I sympathize with your sense of humor

I-Like-Pie45
Forget Connor

AC5: Pacific Empire

the first WW2 game set from the other perspective and it will satisfy all those people asking for Japan

just think of all the storytelling awards ubisoft will win for their risks with this game

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I sympathize with your sense of humor

I'm the same guy that laughs excessively at Hobavlogs. Don't expect much.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 05:03 PM
erm, no, I have a strong conviction for Connor. He's my favorite Assassin. If we don't get another game with Connor I may end up not continuing with the franchise. Or at least I wouldn't really stay up to date on the games and I would buy them long after they come out.

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2013, 05:04 PM
erm, no, I have a strong conviction for Connor. He's my favorite Assassin. If we don't get another game with Connor I may end up not continuing with the franchise. Or at least I wouldn't really stay up to date on the games and I would buy them long after they come out.
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanboy

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Connor for life

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2013, 05:06 PM
You sycophantic Indian fanboys sicken me

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:06 PM
You sycophantic Indian fanboys sicken me
you`re a enzio licker

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2013, 05:08 PM
you`re a enzio licker

and nothing makes me prouder than to lick enzio!

he's the greatest and deepest assassinz!

Jexx21
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanboy

i don't even understand this term anymore.

Assassin_M
and nothing makes me prouder than to lick enzio!

he's the greatest and deepest assassinz!
how deep? like 4 inches?

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2013, 05:11 PM
how deep? like 4 inches?

Deep enough to make me wet

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Deep enough to make me wet
........so does that make you the guy??

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2013, 05:15 PM
only gurls with daddy issues like Connor

are you a gurl with daddy issues?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:16 PM
only gurls with daddy issues like Connor

are you a gurl with daddy issues?
no no no..uhhh.lets like enzio together..

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 05:21 PM
haha silly people... you will get a game based on a character, which ubi believe will fill there pockets :)

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 05:23 PM
haha silly people... you will get a game based on a character, which ubi believe will fill there pockets :)

............lol like the 10s of senior members here that've been playing AC since the beginning of time wouldn't know that.

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 05:24 PM
haha silly people... you will get a game based on a character, which ubi believe will fill there pockets :)I get games based on the amount of minutes it takes to take 3L of water, drop it on every rock in the game until a tree rock sprouts.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Newbies talk

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 05:25 PM
............lol like the 10s of senior members here that've been playing AC since the beginning of time wouldn't know that.

But they keep arguing about it.. Yep

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 05:25 PM

really ? i thought they made 3 games with enzio because they loved him so much...

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Enzio was pathetic had nothing on Lazio.

Rugterwyper32
I do want to see another Connor game, and I'd actually like to see it in North America, but not the area we've been in, though. Go further north/northwest from the Homestead. And maybe Ohio/part of Michigan (we could have a native village in Sandusky and Connor's people could be there!) and the area around the great lakes. In fact, I'd add Philadelphia or Baltimore (to not repeat cities) to make things come full circle. How? Well, here's my take on it.

First, the Homestead. Seeing it grow further, taking shape and getting a name proper. We've only known it as the Homestead, but maybe they could make it grow to look like a real location in New Hampshire/Maine and seeing it get the name of that location, maybe see it under pressure of government officials forcing them to play by their rules.

We'd have a city in still colonial Canada (I'm thinking Quebec or Montreal as those have the most potential to be interesting cities) representing the part of the revolution that wasn't full of energy and wishing for freedom from the crown, the loyalist side. If Quebec was used, we could have some french variety in there, too. Being the capital of lower Canada and the third largest port of North America at the time could be interesting too. These quotes also got me interested in how it could work:
"[English Canada] inherited, not the benefits, but the bitterness of the Revolution. It got no shining scriptures out of it. It got little release of energy and no new horizons of the spirit were opened up. It had been a calamity, pure and simple. "
"The British ignored part of the treaty and maintained their military outposts in the Great Lakes areas it had ceded to the U.S., and continued to supply their native allies with munitions. The British evacuated the outposts with the Jay Treaty of 1795, but the continued supply of munitions irritated the Americans in the run-up to the war of 1812."

Then we have the area around the great lakes, including Ohio and Michigan. Native villages around the area, farms and smaller settlements, maybe have Pittsburgh and Detroit as small towns. It would be the frontier for this game, showcasing the situation for the natives but also putting Connor in a hard place seeing them taking munitions from the British and maybe going after small settlements, seeing how complicated the situation is.

Finally either Philadelphia/Baltimore. I'd say if Kingston turns out to be a great location, bring on Philly. It would work as a good representative of the newly formed country and the results of the revolution. There's also the fact people who escaped from Saint Domingue during the Haitian Revolution brought slaves with them but they were actually freed upon arriving to Philadelphia, as slavery there was abolished in 1780. Maybe that could give Connor some hope (because he direly needs some). If not, Baltimore works. We have also some involvement with the Quasi-War there:
"The population reached 14,000 in 1790, but the decade was a rough one for the city. The Bank of England's suspension of specie payments caused the network of Atlantic credit to unravel, leading to a mild recession. The Quasi-War with France in 1798-1800 caused major disruptions to Baltimore's trade in the Caribbean. Finally, a yellow fever epidemic diverted ships from the port, while much of the urban population fled into the countryside."

Wow that was longer than I thought. But yeah, that's my take on how it could work.

silvermercy
Hey! NO fair... I have no daddy issues!!

To sum up what I'd like to have in a Connor game:
- FULL game 100% (Not 5-6 sequences. I don't even count childhood/teen Connor as proper sequences. And his last sequence was not a proper sequence either).
- Total change of personality. Wiser, realist and maybe bitter.
- Totally different environment. Different city, different country, different continent.

Oh and no sad ending. I agree with Lady! ;)

(even though I think the most likely he'd be a mentor or something to a son, grandson...)

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibtPBtl5T0xGdj.jpg

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 05:30 PM

The same could be said about Altair........

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:30 PM
NO NO DON`T

ignore him :|

he`s fishing for saps....don`t give him the pleasure

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 05:33 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibtpbtl5t0xgdj.jpg

"zomg ezio fanboy"

ze_topazio
07-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I want a game with Nikolai in his younger days, a game with Giovanni and game with Altair's grandfather.

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Atleast he was an assassin and not a pig herding angry man

http://i.minus.com/iAEjt5DK0E4zO.jpg

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 05:35 PM
NO NO DON`T

ignore him :|

he`s fishing for saps....don`t give him the pleasure

I know, but telling him Altair and Connor are equally "emotionless" might cringe his nerves :P

Connor displays more emotions than Altair

:rolleyes:

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 05:36 PM

http://i.minus.com/iAEjt5DK0E4zO.jpg

"But Sid! Connor is the best assassin, you just don't understand him :("

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
I know, but telling him Altair and Connor are equally "emotionless" might cringe his nerves :P

:rolleyes:
Just let it go...

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
"But Sid! Connor is the best assassin, you just don't understand him :("
Awwwww this little guy thinks he`s funny...you think you funny?? Ahhbobobobobo

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Just let it go...

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Batman-Hasnt-Done-Everthing-Not-Yet.gif

:)

Rugterwyper32
07-28-2013, 05:39 PM
For some reason I was expecting to see the Castlevania SotN prologue to play out in some way during all of this.
Sadly, it didn't.

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 05:39 PM
A C E they are the initials of our assassins first names, they are all one letter away from each other, the next assassin will begin his name with a G. George Lucas is the next assassin.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:40 PM
For some reason I was expecting to see the Castlevania SotN prologue to play out in some way during all of this.
Sadly, it didn't.
You expect too much

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Awwwww this little guy thinks he`s funny...you think you funny?? Ahhbobobobobo

Yep

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 05:41 PM

- FULL game 100% (Not 5-6 sequences. I don't even count childhood/teen Connor as proper sequences. And his last sequence was not a proper sequence either).
- Totally different environment. Different city, different country, different continent.

(even though I think the most likely he'd be a mentor or something to a son, grandson...)

I want a death ending, like every assassin has got till now. Ascend!

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 05:42 PM
I want a death ending, like every assassin has got till now. Ascend!

I want Connor dying on a blaze of glory

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Yep
good good
here
http://eletters.marketresearch.com/images/PF/pacifier.gif

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 05:44 PM
We can't see Connor die because we can only follow Connor until he passes on his genes to his last child. With the memory seal you have to insert the memory yourself so that's out too.

silvermercy
07-28-2013, 05:44 PM
I've heard people talking about it in some blogs: So far, one of the biggest complaints about Connor was that he seemed to be emotionless most of the time. (Natives saw showing emotion as weakness, btw). So far, however, Edward seems to be quite emotionless, too. I haven't seen a lot of emotion on him other than a smirk or two... So I wonder if we'll have the same complaints all over again... Why are we so optimistic with Edward??

@ pirate and Megas Doux: He can die of old age in bed covering that says "blaze of glory". There. ;)

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 05:45 PM
good good
here
http://eletters.marketresearch.com/images/PF/pacifier.gifA piece of wood, holding up a cowboys hat, holding up a cheerio?

Megas_Doux
Dying while you are sit is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING =)

Assassin_M
Why are we so optimistic with Edward??
He satisfies Ezio fantasies...

Also, he`s not a Native...natives cannot be Assassins

stingray110
Yeah, i don't...

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:46 PM
A piece of wood, holding up a cowboys hat, holding up a cheerio?
Give this man a medal

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 05:47 PM
I've heard people talking about it in some blogs: So far, one of the biggest complaints about Connor was that he seemed to be emotionless most of the time. (Natives saw showing emotion as weakness, btw). So far, however, Edward seems to be quite emotionless, too. I haven't seen a lot of emotion on him other than a smirk or two... So I wonder if we'll have the same complaints all over again... Why are we so optimistic with Edward??

@ pirate and Megas Doux: He can die of old age in bed covering that says "blaze of glory". There. ;)

He has a cape and is cynical. I have a thing for cynicism.

ladyleonhart

Did you actually play ACIII...? If you did and that's all you got from it, then you probably just didn't understand. Oh well...

silvermercy

Ah... I keep forgetting that!!!

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Did you actually play ACIII...? If you did and that's all you got from it, then you probably just didn't understand. Oh well...
Uh, Lady...we just ignore Sid..alright? >_>

We don`t talk to him...he`s in piss off and hook mode...let him do his thing

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 05:50 PM
good good
here
http://eletters.marketresearch.com/images/PF/pacifier.gif

Lol says this guy. "I WANT ANOTHER CONNOR GAME, WHAT?!?!? YOU RECON HIS STORY IS OVER?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU GO AGAINST MY OPINION!!!!!!"

roostersrule2
Connor was terrible because of the way he held his hands in some cutscenes, Lazio did not do this therefore he is better. Connor also had a rock for an animus, Altair had a proper one, therefore he is better. Connor had holsters, Edward doesn't have holsters, which means Connor stole Eddie's holsters. Connor is a blight on AC, you sir, you are a blight.

ArabianFrost

Oh stop it. Not everyone is in for that. I'm in for him being a realist and a contemplative man according to Darby.

The only thing he shares with Ezio is Charisma, sexyness and sexyness. He's not an Ezio clone (I know you didn't say he was), but he just gives the girls something to scream for and the guys.....they just want generic characters.

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 05:51 PM
I expected to play a game about assassinating people. Not angry man who kills everything and then shouts at his father for killing 3 people and herds pigs instead of performing assassinations. By far the worst game I played last year and basically the Connor was angry and oblivious, idealistic person who didn't see reality. That game made me lose all faith in this franchise(AC4 is my hope for redemption) and another boring sequel would only make me forget AC.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Lol says this guy. "I WANT ANOTHER CONNOR GAME, WHAT?!?!? YOU RECON HIS STORY IS OVER?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU GO AGAINST MY OPINION!!!!!!"

that`s something i`d like to see...You don`t, fine..
sit down, son

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 05:54 PM
sit down, son

Going off the entire way you approached your entire argument, you tend to contradict yourself. So that post is completely pointless...

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Going off the entire way you approached your entire argument, you tend to contradict yourself. So that post is completely pointless...
sit down.....son

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 05:57 PM
sit down.....sonGoing off the entire way you approached your entire argument, you tend to contradict yourself. So that post is completely pointless....... I can add dots too.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Going off the entire way you approached your entire argument, you tend to contradict yourself. So that post is completely pointless....... I can add dots too.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 05:59 PM
I expected to play a game about assassinating people. Not angry man who kills everything and then shouts at his father for killing 3 people and herds pigs instead of performing assassinations. By far the worst game I played last year and basically the Connor was angry and oblivious, idealistic person who didn't see reality. That game made me lose all faith in this franchise(AC4 is my hope for redemption) and another boring sequel would only make me forget AC.

Come on, Sid. You have to look a bit deeper than that. I know you can. :) As for herding pigs, that was optional ^^' I'm not going to argue why I disagree, so... most importantly, Assassins can still have personalities. They are still human. Not just killing machines.

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
sit down.....son

you're so full of yourself aha

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
CI know you can. :)
Hahahahahahahahahahaha...no he can`t alright? xD

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Come on, Sid. You have to look a bit deeper than that. I know you can. :) .

Troll him, is better :P

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:01 PM
you're so full of yourself aha
I have a sig that says i`m always right...must`v taken you months to realize this

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Yup

Yep......So......Yeh....that's.................... ..that

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:03 PM
It`s trying to communicate,,

x___Luffy___x
07-28-2013, 06:05 PM

LOL awesome :D

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 06:07 PM

Seriously?? This again! It doesn't matter about an Assassin's background. Why does everyone have such a stereotypical view? o_0

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 06:07 PM

Learnt from you, my friend ;)

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Seriously?? This again! It doesn't matter about an Assassin's background. Why does everyone have such a stereotypical view? o_0

He is being sarcastic, however it is true that MANY think like that =/

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Learnt from you, my friend ;)
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/Edd-gifs-double-d-ed-edd-n-eddy-21123670-300-225.gif

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 06:11 PM
He is being sarcastic, however it is true that MANY think like that =/

Lol :) I know M's joking, but why do other people think that?

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't think I've seen anyone say that seriously.

TheOnlyEzio
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/Edd-gifs-double-d-ed-edd-n-eddy-21123670-300-225.gif

It helps when I can actually see the image.

Whatever, i'm going to bed

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM

You're going to have to explain what you mean Towel.

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Seriously? This is a circle-jerk-ing thread Towel.

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM

I honestly never saw someone comment on Connor's ethnicity. I'm calling BS from the Pro-Connor side.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Think GameFAQS or youtube..

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Okay. You've all lost me :confused:

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 06:17 PM
You're going to have to explain what you mean Towel.
I've never seen anybody say Natives can't be Assassins except people trying to make fun of Connor haters by saying it sarcastically.

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 06:18 PM
I've never seen anybody say Natives can't be Assassins except people trying to make fun of Connor haters by saying it sarcastically.Yea me neither.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 06:20 PM
I've never seen anybody say Natives can't be Assassins except people trying to make fun of Connor haters by saying it sarcastically.

Thanks for explaining Towel.

And I'm glad to hear that guys.:)

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 06:25 PM

You have not been to youtube, do you?

Yesterday I read , literally:

"I want the good old times with Ezio, not Altair or Connor"

LOL

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Heh, it actually happened right here in the forums, but hey...it happened...not like it`s gonna change anything if you believe us or not....

pacmanate
07-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Heh, it actually happened right here in the forums, but hey...it happened...not like it`s gonna change anything if you believe us or not....

I thought your new sig said "Random Quests...101"... then I looked closer.

ArabianFrost

Your racist.

TheHumanTowel
You have not been to youtube, do you?

Yesterday I read , literally:

"I want the good old times with Ezio, not Altair or Connor"

LOL
That sounds like an opinion not racism. I don't place much stock in youtube comments anyway.

Who said it here M?

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
That sounds like an opinion not racism. I don't place much stock in youtube comments anyway.

I know, But I was setting an example of the stuff you can actually read in youtube

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Who said it here M?
Because i`m supposed to remember every name of member that logs in here??

It was one of those 1 time log ins....

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:34 PM
I thought your new sig said "Random Quests...101"... then I looked closer.
Funny....I saw it like that too when it was smaller...

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Because i`m supposed to remember every name of member that logs in here??

It was one of those 1 time log ins....
Then it was a probably a troll.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Then it was a probably a troll.
Yeah....only I saw the same idea on Youtube and GameFAQs...try the user xXsabathXx on GameFAQS...

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 06:50 PM
I do want to see another Connor game, and I'd actually like to see it in North America, but not the area we've been in, though. Go further north/northwest from the Homestead. And maybe Ohio/part of Michigan (we could have a native village in Sandusky and Connor's people could be there!) and the area around the great lakes. In fact, I'd add Philadelphia or Baltimore (to not repeat cities) to make things come full circle. How? Well, here's my take on it.

First, the Homestead. Seeing it grow further, taking shape and getting a name proper. We've only known it as the Homestead, but maybe they could make it grow to look like a real location in New Hampshire/Maine and seeing it get the name of that location, maybe see it under pressure of government officials forcing them to play by their rules.

We'd have a city in still colonial Canada (I'm thinking Quebec or Montreal as those have the most potential to be interesting cities) representing the part of the revolution that wasn't full of energy and wishing for freedom from the crown, the loyalist side. If Quebec was used, we could have some french variety in there, too. Being the capital of lower Canada and the third largest port of North America at the time could be interesting too. These quotes also got me interested in how it could work:
"[English Canada] inherited, not the benefits, but the bitterness of the Revolution. It got no shining scriptures out of it. It got little release of energy and no new horizons of the spirit were opened up. It had been a calamity, pure and simple. "
"The British ignored part of the treaty and maintained their military outposts in the Great Lakes areas it had ceded to the U.S., and continued to supply their native allies with munitions. The British evacuated the outposts with the Jay Treaty of 1795, but the continued supply of munitions irritated the Americans in the run-up to the war of 1812."

Then we have the area around the great lakes, including Ohio and Michigan. Native villages around the area, farms and smaller settlements, maybe have Pittsburgh and Detroit as small towns. It would be the frontier for this game, showcasing the situation for the natives but also putting Connor in a hard place seeing them taking munitions from the British and maybe going after small settlements, seeing how complicated the situation is.

Finally either Philadelphia/Baltimore. I'd say if Kingston turns out to be a great location, bring on Philly. It would work as a good representative of the newly formed country and the results of the revolution. There's also the fact people who escaped from Saint Domingue during the Haitian Revolution brought slaves with them but they were actually freed upon arriving to Philadelphia, as slavery there was abolished in 1780. Maybe that could give Connor some hope (because he direly needs some). If not, Baltimore works. We have also some involvement with the Quasi-War there:
"The population reached 14,000 in 1790, but the decade was a rough one for the city. The Bank of England's suspension of specie payments caused the network of Atlantic credit to unravel, leading to a mild recession. The Quasi-War with France in 1798-1800 caused major disruptions to Baltimore's trade in the Caribbean. Finally, a yellow fever epidemic diverted ships from the port, while much of the urban population fled into the countryside."

Wow that was longer than I thought. But yeah, that's my take on how it could work.

I fully advocate this. But what about instead of Quebec or Montreal we go to a Maritime city? Anything in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland.. that would be awesome. Unless Quebec is a Maritime territory. I'm just thinking in terms of having a naval free-roam area again, it would be awesome to have areas around Newfoundland. But the Naval free-roam area should be a lot smaller than Black Flag, and I would think that the Frontier should be a bit smaller than the AC3 frontier as well. I just think that the Aquila needs some free-roam action as well. :)

Spider_Sith9
07-28-2013, 06:52 PM

I wholeheartedly agree! However I hope his cynicism isn't as cold as Achilles. He was moreso like Javik from Mass Effect 3.

I thought he was a Potato like GLaDOS

The same could be said about Altair........ He's a cold-calculated killer. Do you expect him to entertain you?

:rolleyes: Someone don't know the definition of "stoic" :rolleyes:

He has a cape and is cynical. I have a thing for cynicism.

Heh! Who doesn't?! xP However I'm breaking out of my critical cynicism. I prefer to NOT conform to the hell of the world. I CONTROL THE WORLD!!! NOT IT!!!

Come on, Sid. You have to look a bit deeper than that. I know you can. :) As for herding pigs, that was optional ^^' I'm not going to argue why I disagree, so... most importantly, Assassins can still have personalities. They are still human. Not just killing machines.

I agree. Especially on the idealist front. Connor's story is like Rock from Black Lagoon. Idealist to Cynic. Only difference is Connor is a Tragic Hero while Rock is a Villain (think Shadow Broker). If you hate Connor then hate Rock. This is a story of a guy who's eyes are opened up to the cruel cynical world that is not just cruel but also grey. Not a personal mission like Altair or a Coming of Age like Ezio.

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 06:55 PM
I

He's a cold-calculated killer. Do you expect him to entertain you?

Someone don't know the definition of "stoic" :rolleyes:

Connor and Altair are my favorite assassins, I was just trolling Sid :P

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Connor's story is like Rock from Black Lagoon. Idealist to Cynic. Only difference is Connor is a Tragic Hero while Rock is a Villain (think Shadow Broker). If you hate Connor then hate Rock. This is a story of a guy who's eyes are opened up to the cruel cynical world that is not just cruel but also grey. Not a personal mission like Altair or a Coming of Age like Ezio.
Except Black Lagoon isn't Rock's story. It's about Lagoon company. Rock is just one character in it.

titan3239
07-28-2013, 06:59 PM
I may be in the minority but, I don't want another Connor game.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I may be in the minority but, I don't want another Connor game.

Yes, you are in the minority. Sorry... but it's been noted. :)

Spider_Sith9
07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Connor and Altair are my favorite assassins, I was just trolling Sid :P Hehe. Oops. Sorry. I get defensive when it comes to Altair. You don't mess with the legendary Mentor.

Except Black Lagoon isn't Rock's story. It's about Lagoon company. Rock is just one character in it.

I was talking about the character in general. Plus, initially, it was told through Rock's POV. I'm just saying. You can't criticize a character for having a strict moral compass. Can you believe people only want Black vs Grey/Grey vs Grey stories in everything they consume? Only thing I can recall that gets away with it is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because it's less girly and more appealing so no one cares if it's Black vs White (plus antagonists are far and few between).

Pretty much, it's AC2 Syndrome all over again. We cared about it not being repetitive. Most still do! But in reality, when the gloss is gone, it's just another open-world game.

Yes, you are in the minority. Sorry... but it's been noted. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

Techinically just here. Many people hate Connor and don't want a Connor game. :(

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 07:06 PM
You can't criticize a character for having a strict moral compass.
I'm not criticizing that he was an idealistic person, what annoys me is that even though everything points the contrary yet he remains foolish and oblivious and idealistic, doesn't change.

Even Rock slowly learns a few things.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes, you are in the minority. Sorry... but it's been noted. :)
You don't have proof of who is in the minority or not.

We might be in the minority. We just do not know.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:07 PM

We know for a fact that he`s the minority HERE

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:10 PM

I leave for a few minutes and... this. Did I mention proof?

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
We know for a fact that he`s the minority HERE

Exactly what M said! :D

Spider_Sith9
07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm not criticizing that he was an idealistic person, what annoys me is that even though everything points the contrary yet he remains foolish and oblivious and idealistic, doesn't change.

Even Rock slowly learns a few things.

I wouldn't say all that. Some of his body language and expressions in the Epilogue kinda shows he's somewhat jaded.

I say he's the perfect fit for an Assassin. Strict moral compass on Freedom plus that was his whole character background. Freedom. Haytham/Haymitch (ugh) even said he showed great conviction and should've killed him long ago. Why do people hate a guy who is that idealist?

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I want Connor dying on a blaze of glory

Thats the idea. Better die in a battlefield than a wheelchair :p

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed with seeing the death of the Assassins?

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Well, I think a well-done death scene (see Ezio and Altair) is way more powerful and memorable than happily-ever-after scenarios. Atleast its so for me. That and one's story is never fully over until he's dead. :p

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 07:20 PM
I have no idea especially given it's impossible.

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 07:21 PM

Never said it needs to happen in the games bro..

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM

Aw... I like you! :D

silvermercy
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm curious, too. lol I loathe sad endings (I even pretend Forsaken does not exist due to a... certain Edward scene. I will never buy it because of this). And I just don't want my assassins dying right left and center! I'm buying games, books etc for escapism, not to get depressed. lol

ze_topazio
07-28-2013, 07:23 PM

Because they are evil men who killed hundreds of people throughout their lives, we want justice to be made and that means we want to see them die.