PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 to last 60-80 hours!

Wolfmeister1010
07-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Said by Ash on twitter that while they main campaign lasts 15-20 hours, it will take 60-80 hours to explore the entire world and do everything! Considering that it took me 10 hours to do everything in AC1, 15 hours in AC2, and 25 hours in AC3, this game could be shaping up to be bigger than the last couple games combined!

AC2_alex
07-27-2013, 08:08 PM
It's going to be a big game indeed. I can't wait to get "lost in the world" as Ash says! I feel like he really knows what we want and is working his butt off to deliver.

MadJC1986
07-27-2013, 08:12 PM
It already took me 60-80 hours to complete AC3, because I actually enjoyed the game. But still good news

Vex_Assassin
07-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Said by Ash on twitter that while they main campaign lasts 15-20 hours, it will take 60-80 hours to explore the entire world and do everything! Considering that it took me 10 hours to do everything in AC1, 15 hours in AC2, and 25 hours in AC3, this game could be shaping up to be bigger than the last couple games combined!

There's no way you got 100% sync for AC2 in 15 hours ...

60-80 hours sounds awesome, it's going to be a pretty big game.

Wolfmeister1010
07-27-2013, 08:16 PM
There's no way you got 100% sync for AC2 in 15 hours ...

60-80 hours sounds awesome, it's going to be a pretty big game.

Well, I collected about half the feathers... But other than that...yeah I did ;)

SpatialLiberado
07-27-2013, 08:32 PM
I even asked the question. :) https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/361138074304004097#

Jexx21
07-27-2013, 09:14 PM
It took me 30 hours to do everything for AC1 my first playthrough..

LoyalACFan
07-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Size was never the issue with AC3; the game was big enough and had a ton of side missions, but many of them just weren't fun. Hopefully AC4's side missions will be more interesting and rewarding.

SixKeys
07-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Whatever the devs promise as the game length doesn't matter, in the end it's always up to the individual's playstyle. ACB has been the game that took me longest to complete so far (100%) while the story is not very long. AC3 in comparison felt like a breeze because the side content was lacking. Hopefully there's enough to explore in AC4 to make the game feel long.

pacmanate
07-27-2013, 10:10 PM
We will see... I normally mix up side missions and main story anyway, seeing as side missions give you things this time to help you with your main missions

ACfan443
07-27-2013, 10:22 PM
I clocked 50 hours on my AC3 playthrough, and that was completing everything 100%

So 60-80 hours for Black Flag, (given the scope of the game) doesn't surprise me.

ArabianFrost
07-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Didn't they officially say that AC3 took 50 hours to 100% sync. If the numbers Ashraf say are anything to go by, then I have faith AC4 will give me proper bang for my buck.

Sushiglutton
07-27-2013, 10:39 PM
That's way too much. The quality of most of the side content in AC3 was not good enough. An even bigger game is real bad news. It will lead more generic, shallow and uninspired content. They should have slimmed it and instead gone for quality. Now I'm worried :nonchalance:

prince162010
07-27-2013, 11:01 PM
if he said it will take 60-80 hours to finish everything in the game with exploring the whole world, So that means it will take more than 90-100 hours for me :D ....I always enjoy playing AC games

prince162010
07-27-2013, 11:04 PM
That's way too much. The quality of most of the side content in AC3 was not good enough. An even bigger game is real bad news. It will lead more generic, shallow and uninspired content. They should have slimmed it and instead gone for quality. Now I'm worried :nonchalance:

No need to worry about it ;)... the game looks promised

egriffin09
07-27-2013, 11:06 PM
15-20 hours for main story is about what I expected. But the extra 40-60 hrs to do everything else is alot. Hopefully the game isn't over ambitious. AC3 was a huge game as well, but some of the side content was a bit flat and not fun. I have no problem with AC4 being 60-80 hrs in total gameplay, I just hope the side content is high quality content. I know the side content offers rewards to upgrade the Jackdaw and Edward, so the side content does have meaning. The question is..Will the side content maintain a high level of fun and not start to feel like a grind and repetitive after a while?

straty88
07-27-2013, 11:34 PM
While length is always debatable, (I finished AC3 100% in around 38 hours) I'm still a little worried about some of the side missions. As others have previously stated in AC3 pretty much all of the side missions were dull, uninspired and you had no real incentive (besides the naval locations to a certain degree and perhaps Achilles' homestead missions) to finish any of it besides getting 100%. While bigger doesn't always point to lots of the above missions, I'm still very skeptical.

prince162010
07-27-2013, 11:36 PM
15-20 hours for main story is about what I expected. But the extra 40-60 hrs to do everything else is alot. Hopefully the game isn't over ambitious. AC3 was a huge game as well, but some of the side content was a bit flat and not fun. I have no problem with AC4 being 60-80 hrs in total gameplay, I just hope the side content is high quality content. I know the side content offers rewards to upgrade the Jackdaw and Edward, so the side content does have meaning. The question is..Will the side content maintain a high level of fun and not start to feel like a grind and repetitive after a while?

I think Ashraf said that there is a a lot of these side activity with so much fun playing them, i hope so :rolleyes:

Legendz54
07-28-2013, 12:30 AM
They usually over exaggerate so i would say around 45 hours.

Jay_Archer
07-28-2013, 01:05 AM
They usually over exaggerate so i would say around 45 hours.
60-80 seems right to me. I spent 60 hours in AC3 getting 100% and AC4 looks to be larger with much more to do.

poptartz20
07-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Well... I'm can't be sure because I haven't played the game (obviously) but by the looks of it, the side content will all have purpose for in game play. So hopefully they will be fun.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 02:29 AM

They have had more time than AC3 to develop side content though I bet. I mean, if 'The Twin Dilemma" is anything to go by, the side missions will actually have some sort of story or back drop, or at least have an interesting character trait for the target(s).

RinoTheBouncer
07-28-2013, 02:40 AM
I just hate to hear those "It's gonna be big and epic" kinda promises cause they lead to hype and hypes usually leads to disappointments.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 02:47 AM
at least there's less buzz words like "robust" and "fresh," although they are still used a lot.

AC2_alex
07-28-2013, 03:04 AM
I just hate to hear those "It's gonna be big and epic" kinda promises cause they lead to hype and hypes usually leads to disappointments.

The difference is, this time, they've actually shown us 'big and epic,' not just told us 'big and epic.'

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Damn AC4 you should get that checked out.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 04:18 AM
The difference is, this time, they've actually shown us 'big and epic,' not just told us 'big and epic.'
2 words......Random quests

i don't care how long it is. AC3 had the most side content and a good bunch were uninspired and boring. 40 quality hours any day over 100 shallow hours.

Legendz54
07-28-2013, 04:31 AM
60-80 seems right to me. I spent 60 hours in AC3 getting 100% and AC4 looks to be larger with much more to do.

Im talking side content and exploring the whole world, main campaign 20 hours and side stuff 25.... maybe another 2 hours for just exploration. 60-80 doesn't sound very believable to me, but hey i would like to be proved wrong when the game comes out.

Shahkulu101
07-28-2013, 04:50 AM
The side quests this time look you know...not lifeless and soul crushing like the majority of AC3's. We haven't seen all of them of course but it seems they have tidied up the assassination contracts very nicely indeed.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 06:54 AM
The side quests this time look you know...not lifeless and soul crushing like the majority of AC3's. We haven't seen all of them of course but it seems they have tidied up the assassination contracts very nicely indeed.
Majority of AC3's side quests were actually good though...

Good:
Naval Missions (includes Privateer Contracts)
Pegleg Missions (including Sawtooth Sword mission)
Homestead Missions
Liberation Missions
Huntsmen Missions
Frontiermen Missions
Boston Brawler Missions

Bad:
Assassination contracts
Courier Missions
Pick up/make and Deliver Missions (Item Quests I think they were called?)
Challenges (annoying as hell)

...I think I got all the mission types. If they left out the bad missions it wouldn't have detracted anything from the game. It would probably add to it.

They should of had some more side missions though, especially pertaining to Connor's tribe and maybe some showing his relationship with Sam Adams more (who is supposed to be an Assassin ally, more so than any of the other patriots methinks).

Shahkulu101
07-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Majority of AC3's side quests were actually good though...

Good:
Naval Missions (includes Privateer Contracts)
Pegleg Missions (including Sawtooth Sword mission)
Homestead Missions
Liberation Missions
Huntsmen Missions
Frontiermen Missions
Boston Brawler Missions

Bad:
Assassination contracts
Courier Missions
Pick up/make and Deliver Missions (Item Quests I think they were called?)
Challenges (annoying as hell)

...I think I got all the mission types. If they left out the bad missions it wouldn't have detracted anything from the game. It would probably add to it.

They should of had some more side missions though, especially pertaining to Connor's tribe and maybe some showing his relationship with Sam Adams more (who is supposed to be an Assassin ally, more so than any of the other patriots methinks).

From the good list I'd take out frontiersmen quests, I didn't quite enjoy Boon's stories and mostly you just walked up and pressed a button and got a little database entry. I think you mean delivery requests on that one. It seems I was wrong though. I realise now the majority were enjoyable but the bad were just unforgivably awful.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 07:16 AM
I think that Connor also should have had more interaction with Benjamin Franklin as well.

The Frontiersmen quests were at least good. They weren't the best... I think the best mission lines were: Naval Missions (not the Privateer Contracts), Pegleg missions and the Homestead missions. Oh! I forgot to include Forts. While not technically side missions, they were still awesome, and I would include them with the best side missions.

Frontiersmen quests and the Boston Brawler quests were on the lowest tier of the good scale for me. Privateer contracts, Liberation missions, and the Huntsmen quests were all medium-tier to me.

The rest were just empty shell missions, both gameplay and story wise.

Ureh
07-28-2013, 03:09 PM
I usually don't like all this scavenging/grinding stuff (except on the rare occasion that I'm playing an rpg like Fallout, TES, Witcher, Diablo, etc). Oh well, 60-80 hrs is a big investment... maybe it will turn out great! If not... hopefully the game can be played without all the upgrades just in case I don't want to spend almost 60 hrs to "lvl up" Edward after the 1st playthru.