PDA

View Full Version : Is this a new Assassin (Edward's mentor)? (Possible spoiler)

silvermercy
07-26-2013, 11:45 AM
There are people speculating this is Edward's mentor... What do you think?? I'm not sure if Tabai is his name...
(It seems to be officially licensed???)

http://www.progamingshop.sk/images/data/product_gallery/tricko-assassin-s-creed-4-black-tabai-xl-ts201413asc-xl-big-218114.jpg
http://www.progamingshop.sk/tricko-assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-tabai-xl-p-218114.html

And there's also this one (which looks to be Edward):

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server100/y7xbit5/products/268/images/604/Assassins_Creed_IV_Black_Flag_Shirt___43001.137355 8246.1280.1280.jpg
http://www.gamer-heaven.net/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-figure-official-t-shirt/

Assassin_M
07-26-2013, 11:50 AM
I think you may be unto something here. His clothes seem unconventional for the colonies and we know he's supposed to be Mayan, so

lonewarrior30
07-26-2013, 12:04 PM
I would prefer to play as the first assassin tbh :P

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
I think you may be unto something here. His clothes seem unconventional for the colonies and we know he's supposed to be Mayan, so

The mayans are pretty much done by then and the assassins tend to keep on with the times, so some old time Mayan tribesman definitely wouldn't lead the assassins, nevertheless actually farhom them or Edward. Maybe this is the assassin that first collects the glass cubes that Edward is seen holding? Sort of like an ACR-esque plot in which Edward finds some codex written by this mystery Mayan assassin that will eventually lead us to something POE related.

THAT'S IT I GOT IT. You know which civilisation predicted the end of the world? The mayans and they probably knew how it would end. I can definitely see this playing into the Juno plot. Maybe this Mayan assassin hid a way to defeat Juno and/or the different ways to affect the apocalypse that the mayans predicted. Maybe this is the treasure that the Mayan assassin hid and the one Edward is looking for (Edward doesn't know its purpose though, sort of like the Templars didn't know the purpose of the precursor site)? Man the POE plot is starting to get interesting again. I'm really excited for the mythology.

OSantaClownO
07-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I would prefer to play as the first assassin tbh :P

Not going to happen, Assassins have existed far more than the history known to us. So ubisoft won't be able to base the story on anything. You may say Cain and Avel were the first Templars and Assassins tho.

MRNMRSPACER
07-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Not going to happen, Assassins have existed far more than the history known to us. So ubisoft won't be able to base the story on anything. You may say Cain and Avel were the first Templars and Assassins tho.

i think he meant the first pictured assassin (might be wrong tho....)

pacmanate
07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes that is his mentor :)

pirate1802
07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
The mayans are pretty much done by then and the assassins tend to keep on with the times, so some old time Mayan tribesman definitely wouldn't lead the assassins, nevertheless actually farhom them or Edward. Maybe this is the assassin that first collects the glass cubes that Edward is seen holding? Sort of like an ACR-esque plot in which Edward finds some codex written by this mystery Mayan assassin that will eventually lead us to something POE related.

THAT'S IT I GOT IT. You know which civilisation predicted the end of the world? The mayans and they probably knew how it would end. I can definitely see this playing into the Juno plot. Maybe this Mayan assassin hid a way to defeat Juno and/or the different ways to affect the apocalypse that the mayans predicted. Maybe this is the treasure that the Mayan assassin hid and the one Edward is looking for (Edward doesn't know its purpose though, sort of like the Templars didn't know the purpose of the precursor site)? Man the POE plot is starting to get interesting again. I'm really excited for the mythology.

Now I feel spoiled...

pacmanate
07-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes that is his mentor :)

Stop lying you dont know anything

silvermercy
07-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Stop lying you dont know anything
There are two pacmanates here! Who shall I believe now!?

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 04:07 PM

Maybe it's just one Pacmanate with Autism?

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Now I feel spoiled...

So should we ask Darby or what? I don't want to feel spoiled as well. Nondairy's post spoiled enough for me, don't want this to be spoiler-ish too.

pacmanate
07-26-2013, 04:13 PM

Everything is True.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 05:19 PM

To me, this sounds similar to "Pirates can't be Assassins! Native Americans can't be Assassins!" Mayans can't be Assassins! Even in their last dwindling tribes they can't be Assassins! >.>

Anyone can be an Assassin if they want to.

And by the way, the Mayans never actually predicted the end of the world, and they didn't predict it to be in 2012. It was just a calendar.

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 05:32 PM
To me, this sounds similar to "Pirates can't be Assassins! Native Americans can't be Assassins!" Mayans can't be Assassins! Even in their last dwindling tribes they can't be Assassins! >.>

Anyone can be an Assassin if they want to.

And by the way, the Mayans never actually predicted the end of the world, and they didn't predict it to be in 2012. It was just a calendar.

You seem to have misunderstood my words. I didn't say there can never be a Mayan assassin cause he's in a tribe or something, what I said was in response to someone who said that this is the mentor of the assassins. I basically responded by saying that a Mayan tribesman assassin cannot possibly lead the more "modern" 18th century assassins of the Carribean. It would be just too weird.

Of course the mayans didn't protect the end of the world.....in real life that is. In the AC universe though, it's different. They probably had connections to TWCB or something.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Adam and eve were the first assassins...

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 05:50 PM
You seem to have misunderstood my words. I didn't say there can never be a Mayan assassin cause he's in a tribe or something, what I said was in response to someone who said that this is the mentor of the assassins. I basically responded by saying that a Mayan tribesman assassin cannot possibly lead the more "modern" 18th century assassins of the Carribean. It would be just too weird.

Of course the mayans didn't protect the end of the world.....in real life that is. In the AC universe though, it's different. They probably had connections to TWCB or something.

Yea, and if they're good enough, anyone can become the mentor. Keep in mind there is more than one mentor. Agate was the mentor of the Lousiana Branch of Assassins, and he was Creole. Why can't a Mayan be the mentor of the Caribbean Assassins?

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Yea, and if they're good enough, anyone can become the mentor. Keep in mind there is more than one mentor. Agate was the mentor of the Lousiana Branch of Assassins, and he was Creole. Why can't a Mayan be the mentor of the Caribbean Assassins?

Due to a huge lingual, cultural and even time barrier? Can you imagine a tribesman with stone weapons leading an uprising against an immensely powerful monarch Templars.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 06:12 PM
What? All of a sudden people can't learn how to use new weapons and learn how to speak new languages? That doesn't even make sense.

OSantaClownO
07-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Adam and eve were the first assassins...
:no:.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Mmm.. they were actually. I think that they were the first ones to kill a First Civ, and the First Civ deemed them "Assassins" after that. I'm pretty sure anyway.

poptartz20
07-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Oh! I didn't know his mentor was going to play such a big part like this. (like getting his own t-shirt)

ACfan443
07-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Interesting. He has a very 'mentor' and wise feel about him, reminds me of Al Mualim.

LoyalACFan
07-26-2013, 10:06 PM
I dunno... He looks cool, but since Edward and Adewale are already confirmed to be playable, are we sure this isn't just Adewale in his Assassin garb?

NondairyGold
07-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I've mentioned this in another thread and thought it was public knowledge so here it is again but in more detail!!! Ok, this is going to be really spoilery!!! You've all been warned....

BEHIND THE BLACK FLAG
There are three factions at play in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, with the Assassin Brotherhood our first port of call before getting acquainted with Pirates and finally the Templars. Today let’s consider those that fight alongside Edward Kenway to preserve human freedom.

Details on specific characters are coming soon in The Watch, for now suffice to say that the Assassins in Black Flag bear all the hallmarks that we have grown to admire: downtrodden people’s heroes, called to represent an ancient lineage that fights against the tyranny of the Templars; masters of adaptation and utmost secrecy, traditions handed down over centuries to only the worthy.

Edward falls under the wing of a Mayan mentor and begins his personal journey into the ancient ways. He is humbled (embarrassed) by a tomboy pirate, inspired by runaway slaves and taught how to be equally respectful and resourceful… albeit without losing sight of his most admirable traits.

The Brotherhood will teach Edward why it is better to be dead than a slave, and how the love of liberty must find a way under any circumstance. Moreover, not everything — or indeed everybody — is as they might first appear

All info was on The Watch 2 months ago!!1

luckyto
07-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Having a Mayan Assassin actually would play in nicely with the whole Desmond Trilogy and TWCB as it concluded in AC3. That makes a lot of story sense within the context of the fiction, even if it is a stretch of the historical reality.

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 11:17 PM
I've mentioned this in another thread and thought it was public knowledge so here it is again but in more detail!!! Ok, this is going to be really spoilery!!! You've all been warned....

BEHIND THE BLACK FLAG
There are three factions at play in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, with the Assassin Brotherhood our first port of call before getting acquainted with Pirates and finally the Templars. Today let’s consider those that fight alongside Edward Kenway to preserve human freedom.

Details on specific characters are coming soon in The Watch, for now suffice to say that the Assassins in Black Flag bear all the hallmarks that we have grown to admire: downtrodden people’s heroes, called to represent an ancient lineage that fights against the tyranny of the Templars; masters of adaptation and utmost secrecy, traditions handed down over centuries to only the worthy.

Edward falls under the wing of a Mayan mentor and begins his personal journey into the ancient ways. He is humbled (embarrassed) by a tomboy pirate, inspired by runaway slaves and taught how to be equally respectful and resourceful… albeit without losing sight of his most admirable traits.

The Brotherhood will teach Edward why it is better to be dead than a slave, and how the love of liberty must find a way under any circumstance. Moreover, not everything — or indeed everybody — is as they might first appear

All info was on The Watch 2 months ago!!1

Jexx, I stand corrected. Feel free to taunt.

Jexx21
07-27-2013, 12:41 AM
I was just saying that anyone with the abilities and knowledge required to be a mentor, can be a mentor. It doesn't matter how they were initially raised, where they were born, or whatever, if they have the skill, they can be a Mentor of the Assassins.

And with that, I'm going dark. While that wasn't terribly spoilery, I can't avoid reading spoilers if they aren't blacked out due to weak will power :P

I'll watch the trailers released by Ubisoft but I'll be staying off these forums.

I have tons of games to play anyway.

Cya sometime in November after I finish Black Flag.

roostersrule2
07-27-2013, 01:25 AM
I was just saying that anyone with the abilities and knowledge required to be a mentor, can be a mentor. It doesn't matter how they were initially raised, where they were born, or whatever, if they have the skill, they can be a Mentor of the Assassins.

And with that, I'm going dark. While that wasn't terribly spoilery, I can't avoid reading spoilers if they aren't blacked out due to weak will power :P

I'll watch the trailers released by Ubisoft but I'll be staying off these forums.

I have tons of games to play anyway.

Cya sometime in November after I finish Black Flag.You're going dark for 4 months? Good luck with that. I didn't even go dark last year (I tried) and ironically I got spoiled some of the ending on youtube, listening to the soundtrack, while I was halfway through the game, stupid youtube.

silvermercy
07-27-2013, 01:29 AM
I didn't go dark either and got an ending spoiler on tumblr JUST after installing my game! :|

Two spoilers actually... That Haytham was a Templar again just before I saw the scene.

ArabianFrost
07-27-2013, 01:35 AM
I didn't go dark. My crap friend spoiled AC3 for me though as well as those idiots at BroTeamPill. I hate them. They spoiled Desmond's end for me. I mostly visited the Assassin's Creed sub only, so I didn't worry much about having the game spoiled with discussions. Are these forums spoiler-free (or warn of spoilers) during release?

roostersrule2
07-27-2013, 02:13 AM
*AC3 SPOILERS-The worst part was that in the comment it said the Apple of Eden got destroyed so I thought there was going to be a huge satellite launch where Desmond runs into save it and sacrifices himself, turns out Connor just broke a random wannabe apple.

LoyalACFan
07-27-2013, 03:34 AM
I didn't go dark. My crap friend spoiled AC3 for me though as well as those idiots at BroTeamPill. I hate them. They spoiled Desmond's end for me. I mostly visited the Assassin's Creed sub only, so I didn't worry much about having the game spoiled with discussions. Are these forums spoiler-free (or warn of spoilers) during release?

The mods do their best to contain any leaks, but no forum is truly safe from spoilers right before a big release. I would recommend staying away from all AC forums for the week or so leading up to AC4, and be very careful when looking at AC YouTube videos. I saw a thumbnail that showed Yusuf's dead body in the Recommend Videos for an ACR trailer.

pirate1802
07-27-2013, 04:29 AM
The mods do their best to contain any leaks, but no forum is truly safe from spoilers right before a big release. I would recommend staying away from all AC forums for the week or so leading up to AC4, and be very careful when looking at AC YouTube videos. I saw a thumbnail that showed Yusuf's dead body in the Recommend Videos for an ACR trailer.

Better stay away from all forums, not just AC ones. I got my AC3 spoiled on Mass Effect forums, believe it or not. The same dastardly place was also responsible for spoiling Bioshock Infinite for me :(

Saqaliba
07-28-2013, 02:11 AM
'Ah Tabai' is the Mayan god of the Hunt

MasterSimaYi
07-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Mmm.. they were actually. I think that they were the first ones to kill a First Civ, and the First Civ deemed them "Assassins" after that. I'm pretty sure anyway.

That isn't said anywhere. Adam and Eve were, as far as we know, not the first Assassins, and Ubisoft emphasizes in their Encyclopedia that the roots of the Assassin Brotherhood lie in Persia, with Darius, the first recorded user of the hidden blade. Same as that Cain is never stated to be a Templar; except that the Mark of Cain was adopted as the Templar symbol, which may well - and in my opinion, more than likely - happened years after his death.

The only thing that ever implied Adam and Eve were Assassins was Glyph #14, 'Bloodlines', saying "Behold, the Assassins, the children of two worlds!" This meant that the [main] Assassin bloodlines could be traced back to the First Civilization, but not that Adam and Eve were the first Assassins.

But to get back on topic, a Mayan Assassin is very cool. Nice to see the Assassins delving more into the minorities, as the Mayans had lost all their wealth and influence by then. Looking forward to see the relationship between him and Edward. :o

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 09:11 PM
That isn't said anywhere. Adam and Eve were, as far as we know, not the first Assassins, and Ubisoft emphasizes in their Encyclopedia that the roots of the Assassin Brotherhood lie in Persia, with Darius, the first recorded user of the hidden blade. Same as that Cain is never stated to be a Templar; except that the Mark of Cain was adopted as the Templar symbol, which may well - and in my opinion, more than likely - happened years after his death.

The only thing that ever implied Adam and Eve were Assassins was Glyph #14, 'Bloodlines', saying "Behold, the Assassins, the children of two worlds!" This meant that the [main] Assassin bloodlines could be traced back to the First Civilization, but not that Adam and Eve were the first Assassins.

Not that you mention it, I would LOVE an AC game set in Ancient Sumer, Assyria, Babylon explaining the birth of both orders.....

http://bible-translation.net/upload/2891/nineveh.jpg

Back on topic, may be Edward has two mentors, the assassin one, tabai and the pirate one Benjamin Hornigoldfor which he, at times, wont know who he has to follow....

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 09:20 PM

But to get back on topic, a Mayan Assassin is very cool. Nice to see the Assassins delving more into the minorities, as the Mayans had lost all their wealth and influence by then. Looking forward to see the relationship between him and Edward. :o
Well, I thought I read it on the Wiki. So thank you master of the Wiki for correcting the data I read. :)

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 09:21 PM
HEYYO

Is Benjamin Hornigold the AC4 version of Sam Adams?

NondairyGold
07-28-2013, 10:31 PM
HEYYO

No he's the AC4 version of Haytham!!!

Jexx21
07-29-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks for spoiling that for me if I didn't already find that out.

pirate1802
07-29-2013, 04:06 AM
lool xD

LoyalACFan
07-29-2013, 04:55 AM
Thanks for spoiling that for me if I didn't already find that out.

Well, you did kinda ask for it... :/

FR0ZENZiNE
07-29-2013, 05:51 AM

And pointless meme's aren't funny. Oh wait, meme's are generally not funny.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Don't quote it lmao I ignored the dude to not see his lack of communication skills lmao.

Spider_Sith9
07-29-2013, 08:25 AM
HEYYO

No he's the AC4 version of Haytham!!!

This pretty much confirms the reddit leak as fact?

EscoBlades
07-29-2013, 10:30 AM
If you'd rather not have little things that could end up being major plot points spoiled for you, now would be a good time to go dark. Or at least, reduce your consumption of "new" info.

I agree with Darby's sentiments on the above wholeheartedly. Best of luck :)

NondairyGold
07-29-2013, 02:32 PM
If you don't want/like spoilers then you shouldn't read forum post's with title's like this one..... Just sayin :)

Spider_Sith9
07-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Someone tell me if the reddit leak is true at this point because I really think Benjamin Horngold is the Templar master you serve

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 06:50 PM
So I read something about Reddit, Masters, Templars and Hornigolds. It's in the post above me. I tried to glance away the moment I saw that. Is that from an actual source or speculation? Please respond. I promise I won't look at articles again.

luckyto
07-29-2013, 07:04 PM

"The Truth" video unlocked by solving all glyphs in AC2 heavily implied that Adam and Eve were humans who escaped from TWCB by stealing an apple. Piecing all of those glyphs and the "The Truth" it was almost implied that the origins of the Assassin's Creed - that mankind should be free to choose his own destiny - sprang from that event. So I always thought of Adam and Eve as the first Assassins.

Spider_Sith9
07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
So I read something about Reddit, Masters, Templars and Hornigolds. It's in the post above me. I tried to glance away the moment I saw that. Is that from an actual source or speculation? Please respond. I promise I won't look at articles again.

This right here! D:

Megas_Doux
07-30-2013, 04:55 AM

Really!!!!!

Source?