PDA

View Full Version : ┐French Revolution after Black Flag?

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 03:14 AM
There are many hints that point to that time period. For example at the end of Brotherhood when Shaun says that the Phrygian Cap and the Eye of Providence appear together in only one place (The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen). Also, in AC3, Lafayette invited Connor to know Paris. Connor said he'd accept the invitation once the American War was over. Another hint is the word encrypted in the code that we receive once we completed all the pivots: 5523C23D2553 = VSPCPSVT = UROBORUS. The Uroborus is another symbol printed in the French declaration. And the last clue is what Juno said to Connor: "you have made a difference... and you will do so again".

I think the next game is the perfect chance for the French Revolution. Both AC3 and AC4 are based on the 18th century. AC3 was based in mid 1700s, and AC4 in early 1700s... So I think AC5 could be based in the late 1700s.

How I said before, this is the perfect chance, because they are making games based on 18th century now. If they change the era after Black Flag (Feudal Japan or another era), I fear the French Revolution would be ruled out.

I want an AC based on the French Revolution with Connor as protagonist or another hero if you wish.

What do you think about this? Is the next game will be based on this period? if they change the era after Black Flag, Is it discarded the French Revolution?

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 03:16 AM
A native american guy going to a country where his kind don't exist nor does he know the language?

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/8/89055/1643120-tommyleejones.jpg

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 03:17 AM
I think the next game will be a Connor game, but I don't think it'll be in the French Revolution.

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 03:20 AM
A native american guy going to a country where his kind don't exist nor does he know the language?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Pocahontas001.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas

All of you forget that Connor is half english?

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 03:22 AM
that's not why I don't think he's going to be in france for the french revolution.

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 03:27 AM
that's not why I don't think he's going to be in france for the french revolution.

So what other important event could participate Connor? The Latin American wars started on 1810, and the American Civil War started on 1861. The French Revolution (1789) is the nearest event where Connor could participate ;)

Bashilir
07-26-2013, 03:29 AM
Oh god no.

Can we please not have any more freaking muskets or flintlocks?

I truly don't want ANOTHER game in the same era like we have now(AC3 and upcoming ACIV).

We need an ANCIENT game that has extremely enhanced sword combat and plays out like actual sword fighting is. Which should've been in ACIV, considering it's all pirates and cutlasses...

Assassin_M
07-26-2013, 03:39 AM
Oh god no.

I truly don't want ANOTHER game in the same era like we have now(AC3 and upcoming ACIV).

We need an ANCIENT game that has extremely enhanced sword combat and plays out like actual sword fighting is. Which should've been in ACIV, considering it's all pirates and cutlasses...
Give me another connor game and I won't kidnap your dog :|

Bashilir
07-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Give me another connor game and I won't kidnap your dog :|

Give me another dog and I won't give you another connor game :l

DisbandedBox359
07-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Shaun also suggests going back to first civ, for all we know thats the next one ;)

Assassin_M
07-26-2013, 03:43 AM
Give me another dog and I won't give you another connor game :l
I surrender D:

Megas_Doux
07-26-2013, 03:44 AM
Connor is my favorite assassin, but I rather have new ancentors thank "milk" the current ones, although I would love to see Connor as a "mentor" of that new ancestor, if the French Revolution is chosen!

Bashilir
07-26-2013, 03:59 AM
I surrender D:

MWHAHA. I have a veteran member under my control..

Now on to the AC community. This will take awhile, most of them are whiny. >:D

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 04:01 AM
So what other important event could participate Connor? The Latin American wars started on 1810, and the American Civil War started on 1861. The French Revolution (1789) is the nearest event where Connor could participate ;)
Northwest Indian War (1785-1795), His people moved west as well.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Oh god no.

I hope we get that some day, but not soon.

I want the next two games to stay in the same time period.

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 04:10 AM
I want the next two games to stay in the same time period.
More boredom ._.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 04:13 AM
i like this period. :/

I at least want the game after Black Flag to stay in the period. Doesn't necessarily have to stay in America, but I think it will.

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 04:17 AM
i like this period. :/

I at least want the game after Black Flag to stay in the period. Doesn't necessarily have to stay in America, but I think it will.
I thought you meant in America only, well that's a relief because I found it to be a big bore and really had to drag myself through it just for the story...which was mediocre at best :/

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 04:28 AM
Mm, opinions.

I felt really immersed in Boston and New York. I think they're pretty awesome cities.

Megas_Doux
07-26-2013, 04:30 AM
Mm, opinions.

I felt really immersed in Boston and New York. I think they're pretty awesome cities.

NY is a favorite of mine , although I understand its haters...The lack of big scale buildings is a turn off.

LintonMildone
07-26-2013, 04:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UugOz_fy8vQ skip to 2:06 if you want. As Achille Davenport himself stated, Connor can pass off as a Mediterranean man plus if you look up Wikipedia about the Mediterranean race: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean race you can read in the first paragraph that they exist all the way in France and I'm also pretty sure that most People in 18th century Europe don't even know what a Native American is or what they look like so if Connor was to wear a French assassin uniform (or plain French citizen clothes), taught how to speak French and their cultural customs I'm pretty sure he will blend in seamlessly and most people won't bat an eye plus Assassins wear hooded outfits which covers their entire body except for their fingers and faces so it will pretty difficult to spot a dark skinned person from a crowd of lighter skinned people who all cover most of their bodies in cloth.

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 04:37 AM
Mm, opinions.

I felt Boston and New York so boring... I prefer European or Asian cities, the buildings are more beautiful and tallest. There are big watchtowers to climb ;)

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 04:37 AM
But, the buildings in Boston and New York are actually pretty much the same size as the buildings from the previous games. So I get confused by that. Only thing I understand is wider streets, and I still find paths to avoid the streets when I want to.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 04:39 AM
I felt Boston and New York so boring... I prefer European or Asian cities, the buildings are more beautiful and tallest. There are big watchtowers to climb ;)
Colonial buildings are beautiful as well, in their own way. There are different preferences for everyone. And there were a lot of towers to climb in Boston and New York as well.

I honestly never understood the complaints paid towards Boston and New York fully..

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 04:41 AM
NY is a favorite of mine , although I understand its haters...The lack of big scale buildings is a turn off.
Also, a "hater" is someone who hates something for no real reason..

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 04:51 AM
But, the buildings in Boston and New York are actually pretty much the same size as the buildings from the previous games. So I get confused by that. Only thing I understand is wider streets, and I still find paths to avoid the streets when I want to.

Colonial buildings were very small comparing with the European and Asian buildings. It's not the same climbing Santa Maria del Fiore, Hagia Sofia, St. Mark's Bell Tower, Colosseum, etc. than climb a wooden church...

pirate1802
07-26-2013, 05:11 AM
My problem was that Boston and New York didn't look too distinct. NY, for me, just looked the cleaner version of Boston. The real attraction was the Frontier for me. AC4 cities look distinct enough.

I-Like-Pie45
07-26-2013, 05:21 AM
Noo

AC5: Confederacy set against the backdrop of the 'Merican civil war. And by then, NYC will at least have become a bit more ideal for AC freeroam.

just think of the possibilities

we could assassinate Lincoln, Stonewall Jackson, and the totally not made up Bill the Butcher.

Rugterwyper32
07-26-2013, 05:23 AM
Colonial buildings were very small comparing with the European and Asian buildings. It's not the same climbing Santa Maria del Fiore, Hagia Sofia, St. Mark's Bell Tower, Colosseum, etc. than climb a wooden church...

There still was some nice variety, though. And from time to time you still had some rather memorable buildings that stuck on your mind, like the ruins of Trinity Church, or King's College, or Federal Hall, or climbing the Old State House of Boston and Beacon Hill. They were certainly really nice buildings to see and pretty good landmarks. Maybe not as huge, but they still had some nice charm to them. I still believe that they focused too much on historical accuracy and missed chances by not messing around like in previous games, though. Sure, the Massachussets State House was built 12 years after the game finished, but I think that it could have worked. Or the old St. Patrick Cathedral complex in New York, even though it was built in the early 1800. Wouldn't have been the first time they added something just for the sake of adding to the location. Certainly would have beefed things up, wouldn't it?

My problem was that Boston and New York didn't look too distinct. NY, for me, just looked the cleaner version of Boston. The real attraction was the Frontier for me. AC4 cities look distinct enough.

The thing is, there are some very neat elements to distinguish both cities, but they're too subtle. I'd think lack of ambient music doesn't help to differentiate them. Elements like the Dutch Colonial architecture in east/northeast New York, for one.

As for the French Revolution: I'd like it and at the same time I wouldn't. I'd prefer for them to move around and go back and forth in time. If we get France, I'd admittedly prefer the 100 Years War, simply because of Joan of Arc

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 05:29 AM
I found New York and Boston to be very different. I actually felt like there was a larger architectural difference between them than there was for Florence and Venice. Venice was just Florence with canals and a blue tint to me.

The big change architecturally (in AC2) in my opinion was Forli and every other city in the game (although San Gimignano had it's tall towers). Forli actually felt different. Unfortunately, they gave it such a drab color tint. I wish they shied away from color tints for the first two games.. I would of liked the cities more.

Assassin_M
07-26-2013, 05:32 AM
I honestly like Boston for it`s more gritty and crowded feeling. Just walking in the Markets and docks feels so alive...

New York`s difference for me was its architecture, but sometimes it felt too empty and had wider streets than Boston; it was also my preferred ground for city-free running.

between the 2, I preferred Boston and spend most of my city time there

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 05:36 AM
@Rugterwyper32
Yes, but in the French Revolution we'd have very interesting characters: Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, Maximilien Robespierre, Napoleon Bonaparte. etc. And we know that Napoleon had an Apple of Eden. Also, under Notre Dame, there is an ancient Jupiter's temple built by the romans. So we'd have a PoE and a vault in Paris. Also we'd have the Robespierre's Reign of Terror (Robespierre corrupted by an Apple of Eden?). The French Revolution could be very interesting... I hope Ubisoft don't discard this :(

Assassin_M
07-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Yes, but in the French Revolution we'd have very interesting characters: Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, Maximilien Robespierre, Napoleon Bonaparte. etc. And we know that Napoleon had an Apple of Eden. Also, under Notre Dame, there is an ancient Jupiter's temple built by the romans. So we'd have a PoE and a vault in Paris. Also we'd have the Robespierre's Reign of Terror (Robespierre corrupted by an Apple of Eden?). The French Revolution could be very interesting... I hope Ubisoft don't discard this :(
I`m not against the French Revolution

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 05:41 AM
I`m not against the French Revolution
Sorry, I replied to Rugterwyper32 :P
I forgot the quote :)

Assassin_M
07-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Sorry, I replied to Rugterwyper32 :P
I forgot the quote :)
Ah okay xD

Sorry too

Rugterwyper32
07-26-2013, 05:45 AM
@Rugterwyper32

Yep, I'm aware of that. As I said in the topic about repeated locations, though, I personally wouldn't mind geographic locations repeated so long as the cities that represent the era were different. So I'd say, even better: Why not both?

Orleans, Chinon, Rouen for the 100 Years War; and Paris and Marseille for the French Revolution, plus whatever else could work with it. I'd say that would be agreeable.

pirate1802
07-26-2013, 05:45 AM
I honestly like Boston for it`s more gritty and crowded feeling. Just walking in the Markets and docks feels so alive...

New York`s difference for me was its architecture, but sometimes it felt too empty and had wider streets than Boston; it was also my preferred ground for city-free running.

between the 2, I preferred Boston and spend most of my city time there

Yes I prefer Boston too, the dusty and crowded feel. Also New York was introduced too late in the story. Wasted potential IMO. It should have been introduced like Venice was in AC2, near the halfway mark, if memory serves me correct?

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 05:52 AM
Actually.. yea, in AC3, by the time you went to New York you were done with pretty much everything in Boston. That wasn't the case in AC2, where you still had districts to unlock in Florence when you went to Venice I think.. or at least you still had main missions going back there and stuff to do.

Ureh
07-26-2013, 07:49 AM
I would love to see Connor dress as a woman.

@Jexx21 There's more to Florence, after visiting Venice, but only with the Bonfire dlc. :(

AherasSTRG
07-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Personally, I have loved every single city since the release of the first game, apart from Rome (which is strange, since it is the best city I have visited in real life). As far as the French Revolution goes, Connor has the looks of a Mediterrenian Spaniard and by the time of the French Revolution, France was full of Spanish immigrants. His blending in would be easy. We couls potentially see him there.

D.I.D.
07-26-2013, 12:41 PM

And yet again I get to post this :)

3:11...

<a href="http://youtu.be/Vp9pAqOsSAg" target="_blank">
http://youtu.be/Vp9pAqOsSAg (http://youtu.be/Vp9pAqOsSAg)

RinoTheBouncer
07-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Please! no more from the era from 1400-1900 and no more Europe or the West. It's lame and was over done a billion times in movies.

I guess we need something ancient this time. Let's go back before Altair and see what the Brotherhood looked like back then. Let's go to Babylon, Sumer or Ancient Egypt or perhaps Japan or even better, to Eden.

LintonMildone
07-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Please! no more from the era from 1400-1900 and no more Europe or the West. It's lame and was over done a billion times in movies.

I guess we need something ancient this time. Let's go back before Altair and see what the Brotherhood looked like back then. Let's go to Babylon, Sumer or Ancient Egypt or perhaps Japan or even better, to Eden.

Oh yeah good idea, lets go all the way back in history when most assassins from around the world didn't had "properly working" hidden blades( or no hidden blades at all) or even their iconic white hooded uniforms, even the word "Assassin" didn't even existed before the Hashassin order came into existence. Seriously there's a canonical historical part of an Assassin's Creed comic book story that shows that the "Assassins order" was called Liberalis Circulum during the ancient Roman empire era and while the protagonist; Aquilus is wearing a white hooded uniform of period, he doesn't have a hidden blade; he has to use a dagger by hand on his enemies so I'm pretty sure that most fans are going to be REALLY UPSET if there's no hidden blade in an Assassins' Creed game just because of story consistencies so say good bye to your ancient roman fantasy because it. can. not. happen.:(

RinoTheBouncer
07-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah good idea, lets go all the way back in history when most assassins from around the world didn't had "properly working" hidden blades( or no hidden blades at all) or even their iconic white hooded uniforms, even the word "Assassin" didn't even existed before the Hashassin order came into existence. Seriously there's a canonical historical part of an Assassin's Creed comic book story that shows that the "Assassins order" was called Liberalis Circulum during the ancient Roman empire era and while the protagonist; Aquilus is wearing a white hooded uniform of period, he doesn't have a hidden blade; he has to use a dagger by hand on his enemies so I'm pretty sure that most fans are going to be REALLY UPSET if there's no hidden blade in an Assassins' Creed game just because of story consistencies so say good bye to your ancient roman fantasy because it. can. not. happen.:(

Well fans can get used to it like they're gonna get used to an AC game turning into a pirate game or how they'll get used to an AC game without Desmond.

It's called Assassin's Creed not "The Gang of the Hooded Men and Women with Hidden Blades" and as far as we know, the Assassins and the Templars have existed since the dawn of time so the game should be open to every phase they went through not just the traditional one.

LintonMildone
07-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Well fans can get used to it like they're gonna get used to an AC game turning into a pirate game or how they'll get used to an AC game without Desmond.

It's called Assassin's Creed not "The Gang of the Hooded Men and Women with Hidden Blades" and as far as we know, the Assassins and the Templars have existed since the dawn of time so the game should be open to every phase they went through not just the traditional one.

At least Assassins' creed 4:Black Flag has hidden blades, Assassin vs. Templar ideologies, and of course the return of "non-linear" gameplay in the series. plus what you stated completely contradicts your claim that AC4 is just a pirate game, Assassins have to adapt to the changing of the times and their situation so pirate-assassins like Edward Kenway are ESSENTIAL to spreading their influence across the world such as the Caribbean Sea so at this rate an Assassin and a Templar could absolutely be anybody no matter how absurd you think it is.

RinoTheBouncer
07-26-2013, 05:16 PM
At least Assassins' creed 4:Black Flag has hidden blades, Assassin vs. Templar ideologies, and of course the return of "non-linear" gameplay in the series. plus what you stated completely contradicts your claim that AC4 is just a pirate game, Assassins have to adapt to the changing of the times and their situation so pirate-assassins like Edward Kenway are ESSENTIAL to spreading their influence across the world such as the Caribbean Sea so at this rate an Assassin and a Templar could absolutely be anybody no matter how absurd you think it is.

If that's so then whats wrong with a no-hidden-blades game? I said AC being a Pirate game not as an insult but showing that the game has taken a totally different turn yet people are accepting it and pre-ordering it (like me who ordered the Black Chest edition) because it's an AC game seen from a different angle. So even if they make one in modern time or first vic. times, I'm sure it will have a certain message to deliver and something new and original unlike the european settings they're asking for here that we've seen in million other films or books.

LintonMildone
07-26-2013, 05:30 PM
If that's so then whats wrong with a no-hidden-blades game? I said AC being a Pirate game not as an insult but showing that the game has taken a totally different turn yet people are accepting it and pre-ordering it (like me who ordered the Black Chest edition) because it's an AC game seen from a different angle. So even if they make one in modern time or first vic. times, I'm sure it will have a certain message to deliver and something new and original unlike the european settings they're asking for here that we've seen in million other films or books.
Lot of People were complaining about the possibility that Connor will not have the hidden blade in AC3 when they didn't notice the obvious in the pictures that were release back then, heck I even use it a joke to screw with my friends. The hidden blade is probably more iconic than a white beaked hood when it comes to what makes Assassins' Creed so unique and sets itself apart from other franchises and an AC game without the hidden blade is a sign that it is going to have the least resemblance to other previous installments due to the "downgrades" of how poorly established the Assassins and Templars were in those times.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Hidden Blade was invented by Darius in 400 some BC.

Aquilus could have had a hidden blade if they wanted to give him one. Aquilus isn't even considered a "main" Assassin though (like the ones in my sig).

Sushiglutton
07-26-2013, 05:48 PM
I think the plan from AC3 onwards was to tell a Kenway family saga over three games, starring three different protagonists. Since they are related Ubi may re-use a lot of the animations. Next game I think will revisit all the Kenways in shorter episodes, but the main protagonist will be someone new. The setting will be London, the origin of the family. It's a popular setting that a lot of gamers will be interested in me thinks.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Edward is welsh, not from London. It's not the origin of the family.

I think the next game will be a Connor game. Connor's story isn't finished yet, but by Black Flag both Edward's and Haytham's stories will be relatively finished. Connor has a lot of his life left ahead of him.

If the next game isn't a Connor game, I'm going to be heavily disappointed.

Sushiglutton
07-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Wales, England, London, fish and chips, who cares ;)? They're gonna have to disapoint one of us, I sure don't want another game with Connor. I would be very suprised if they made one tbh. The reception for Connor was fairly mixed. And like I said I think the three games, three different protagonists theory just makes too much sense. What they could do maybe would be a Haytham/Connor/Edward game. But no way they will make one with only Connor.

Jexx21
07-26-2013, 06:18 PM
I disagree, it's clear that they have been building up Connor to be the apex of the Kenway family. I fully expect a game where he is the the protagonist for the game like Edward is for Black Flag. Maybe there are some missions where you can play as Haytham or Edward, but the main protagonist would be Connor.

That's how I see it happening. They have gone the route of wanting to finish up the stories of the Assassins they introduce, and Connor still has a lot of growing to do.

LintonMildone
07-26-2013, 06:21 PM
The Chinese Assassins never had hidden blades till the year 1524( If Ezio ever did gave Shao Jun blueprints on how to construct the hidden blade) so yeah hidden blades existed far back as 5th B.C. maybe even further, but not all Assassin branches from around the world had them during ancient times so the story writers have to be very careful at which time period and location they want to chose if they are going to make an AC game that takes place before 11th or 12th century (without making any inconsistencies) since those were the years that the Assassin brotherhood and the Templar order finally got their "acts together" as we know them since the first game.

Rugterwyper32
07-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Gimme Wales, England and Ireland. London, Cardiff and Dublin in one game. That'd be really nice, gotta say.

jayjay275
07-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Why do a Connor game, then jump to his grandfather and then back again?

pirate1802
07-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Why do a Connor game, then jump to his grandfather and then back again?

Cuz they have sawg.

poptartz20
07-26-2013, 07:37 PM
well... if this is a Kenway Saga. I wonder if we will get a 3rd game featuring the Kenway family. Also I think we will go back to subtitled games after this one. (maybe) I think it would be interesting to get a Game like Revelations for Connor where you read Haytham's journal and play parts as him (Forsaken reads) yet Connor is doing other things or participating in something much larger. Something like the French Revolution. (it doesn't have to be that but I'm throwing something out there) Yet he has to find a common tie between all of that.

Or maybe Edward gets a vita game? We play out the rest of his story/ parts of young Haytham?

I would be surprised if we jumped right into AC5 and introduced a new "Kenway" Character, or dropped the family all together.

lothario-da-be
07-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Connor in French revolution is such a bad idea,we need a French dude for that. His story has also much more potential if it involves the homestead and or his tribe.

NondairyGold
07-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Gimme Wales, England and Ireland. London, Cardiff and Dublin in one game. That'd be really nice, gotta say.

Well I heard from a very reliable source that the next protagonist will be Irish. His name Paddy O' sassin....

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Connor in French revolution is such a bad idea,we need a French dude for that. His story has also much more potential if it involves the homestead and or his tribe.

But Connor changed his priorities at the end of Forsaken. He said these words:

I dropped the amulet into the hole and then, as the sun began to go down, I shovelled dirt on top of it until it was hidden and then I turned and left.
Full of hope for the future, I returned to my people, to the Assassins.
It was time for new blood.

We can see that the people of Connor are no longer his tribe, his people now are the Assassins. I doubt he'll continue fighting for his tribe. He desisted. He knows that his tribe never be truly free. So, if the assassins ask him for help in a new conflict, I'm sure that Connor will accept.

I know is a little strange to see an American guy fighting in a French conflict, but is a historical true. Many Americans participated in that conflict (in the same way that the French participated in the American War). I think that Connor could appear as a side character in the French Revolution, as a recruit of the French Assassins.

If you don't like Connor as main hero, I've thought: how about if we play with his future wife as protagonist? she could be a french woman. In that case, we could finish the Kenway Saga with a female character, and at the same time, we could finish the Connor's storyline.

ze_topazio
07-26-2013, 09:53 PM
I would prefer if Connor remained in America, it would be more interesting to explore the early days of independent USA, leave the French revolution for a French Assassin in a proper numbered title.

killerman_2012
07-26-2013, 10:20 PM
I would prefer if Connor remained in America, it would be more interesting to explore the early days of independent USA, leave the French revolution for a French Assassin in a proper numbered title.

I think if I had said on 2009 that Ezio would travel to Constantinople in the future, most of you would have said "leave Constantinople for a Turkish Assassin". Why an American guy can't travel to France? As I said in the first comment, Lafayette invited Connor to France, and Connor said that he'd accept the invitation once the American War was over. Well, the American War is over now, So...

NondairyGold
07-26-2013, 10:20 PM
My guess is that Connor will learn to speak french from his good friend Aveline, and they'll both go to France. This will lead into the first (optional) two player Assassins Creed. You'll be able to play as both individually or co-op.

ze_topazio
07-26-2013, 10:55 PM
I think if I had said on 2009 that Ezio would travel to Constantinople in the future, most of you would have said "leave Constantinople for a Turkish Assassin". Why an American guy can't travel to France? As I said in the first comment, Lafayette invited Connor to France, and Connor said that he'd accept the invitation once the American War was over. Well, the American War is over now, So...

Connor also said he would like to visit Ireland.

Ezio did not participate in an event that changed the Ottoman society and Europe forever, he just visited the city in a time when nothing major was happening.

Rugterwyper32
07-26-2013, 11:05 PM

I can agree with this. Besides, I'd love it if a French Revolution game expanded all the way to Napoleonic France, in which case Connor would be too old by that point to be messing around in France. I say let him stay in the Americas, have a game based around the Northwest Indian War having a big frontier, seeing the homestead grow further and maybe getting it a proper name (as we've only known it as the Homestead but maybe it could grow to look like a town in the New Hampshire/Maine area) and maybe get the chance to add a Canadian city to add while at it (things quoted from Wikipedia like "The British ignored part of the treaty and maintained their military outposts in the Great Lakes areas it had ceded to the U.S., and continued to supply their native allies with munitions." and "[English Canada] inherited, not the benefits, but the bitterness of the Revolution. It got no shining scriptures out of it. It got little release of energy and no new horizons of the spirit were opened up. It had been a calamity, pure and simple." make me think it would make for a very interesting element in the series and a counterpoint to what we saw in AC3).

Jexx21
07-27-2013, 12:35 AM
And naval free-roam map around Newfoundland!

pirate1802
07-27-2013, 04:54 AM
And naval free-roam map around Newfoundland!

Your mixing up of naval and navel gives that sentence wholly different meaning in my head...